Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB19 Posts about Big Brother 19 UK. Discuss the housemates and series - which was won by Cameron - here.

-----

Old 18-10-2018, 02:17 PM #51

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
Love Island 5: Amber

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
There's no irony here at all because this isn't a "meltdown" in the slightest, I'm just responding to people who are quoting me...which some others don't. Remember if Cherie had never told me to cut out the sarcasm this entire thread would never have happened, and my one small post would just be sat there on the first page

You've misread what I've said again. I don't care if people want to be patronising, sarcastic or passive aggressive. I'm perfectly guilty of doing the same thing. What I actually said was - how a conversation goes with me is more often than not dictated by the other person. If you respond civilly (like Withano) then we can have a debate, all's good, if you want to be passive aggressive then we'll have it out...other people make the call on that. But like I said to Niamh, a conversation can't begin until someone quotes someone else!

I explained this to Niamh:
But it is kinda hypocritical saying people can’t take what they give when you mock the forum for being mad at obvious rigging then write essays when someone tells you to cut the sarcasm
You clearly care, even just a little bit. If not there wouldn’t be anything to drive you back to this forum, along with everyone else here. Most people on here care about this show and want the best for it, so it can get annoying watching someone champion something they think is dreadful for the show (the Lewis rigging) which is probably what warranted the ‘passive aggressive’ posts on those threads. You have a vision for this show and series as to what would make it it’s best, and so do others. What’s annoyed me particularly about that thread is you packaged what you want from the show as the best option and anyone who’d want to watch.. idk... Sian for example has lesser taste
Elliot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-10-2018, 02:18 PM #52

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:

I don't care if people are passive aggessive towards me but if you are passive aggressive towards me then we're gonna have it out!!!
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-10-2018, 02:18 PM #53
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
And I can accept that, like I said I don't really care whether people want to be patronising, passive aggressive or bait...whatever, we'll have it out, I'm easy. My points in this thread have mainly been "don't give out what you can't take" and that it's generally other people who dictate how conversations go with me, which is true.

The ball's in their court if they want a civilised conversation, that's what I mean. I post, other people can decide how to respond to it (if at all), and we'll go from there
Well I can't fault your honesty but the point is in that other thread you can't really accuse others of setting the tone of the conversation/interactions with you when you came in with that mocking comment first. I will give you though that you will be happy to change your tone according to how others respond to your original mocking post

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-10-2018, 02:29 PM #54
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Of course I was sarcastic, what's your point?

You're not denying you were being passive aggressive? Thank you
My point is you were sarcastic in this thread, I asked you to cut it out and then you went off and dragged some perceived slight from another thread into it, I believe you came into this thread solely to have a dig given you were annoyed about me posting a smilie to a comment made by Jaxie this morning, given many members including yourself do this on a regular basis I guess we are all passive aggressive in your book

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-10-2018, 02:30 PM #55
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

anyway can we get back to the lovely Sian and her lovely ways

BB seemed to consider it a big enough moment to put in a 45 minute highlight so it can and will be discussed

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-10-2018, 02:37 PM #56
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot View Post
But it is kinda hypocritical saying people can’t take what they give when you mock the forum for being mad at obvious rigging then write essays when someone tells you to cut the sarcasm
You clearly care, even just a little bit. If not there wouldn’t be anything to drive you back to this forum, along with everyone else here. Most people on here care about this show and want the best for it, so it can get annoying watching someone champion something they think is dreadful for the show (the Lewis rigging) which is probably what warranted the ‘passive aggressive’ posts on those threads. You have a vision for this show and series as to what would make it it’s best, and so do others. What’s annoyed me particularly about that thread is you packaged what you want from the show as the best option and anyone who’d want to watch.. idk... Sian for example has lesser taste
Are you going to bother responding this time or shall I not bother?

That's not an example of hypocrisy at all. What's the correlation between mocking people for obvious rigging and "writing essays" when someone tells me to the cut the sarcasm? Not only does that not make sense, but it makes even less sense when you consider that my first response to Cherie in this thread was...

Quote:
I'll do that when you cut out the passive aggression
...ten words long that's some essay!

Just to be clear though, I'm not going to dumb down my posts for you or anyone else on this forum.

As for the bit in bold, the nail has met the head! Do you not see that's exactly how I feel? And that it would explain the tone of some of my posts? Of course I care about the show (well, to an extent), that has nothing to do with caring whether people are passive aggressive/patronising/etc with me or not though.

Lastly, this is what I say to everyone who makes similar comments - of course I think my bloody opinion is right, it wouldn't be much of an opinion if I didn't I know barely anyone agrees anymore, but I don't care, I've stuck by the same consistent arguments for almost the entire time I've been on this forum and I'm not going to change, I'm not going to try and fit in just for the sake of it, if people don't like it they don't have to respond. Like I said to Niamh, most of the time these days I turn up, post a few comments and then leave...if others choose to engage with me that's up to them, no one is asking them to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan. View Post
I don't care if people are passive aggessive towards me but if you are passive aggressive towards me then we're gonna have it out!!!
Congratulations on not reading my post properly again, it's a real skill!

I don't care if people want to be passive aggressive, therefore when they are I'm happy to respond in kind and have an uncivilised discussion. None of that means I "care", as you are implying. It really shouldn't be that difficult to discern what I mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Well I can't fault your honesty but the point is in that other thread you can't really accuse others of setting the tone of the conversation/interactions with you when you came in with that mocking comment first. I will give you though that you will be happy to change your tone according to how others respond to your original mocking post
I totally understand why people would respond how they do, that's cool, but they don't have to respond at all or in the same way - either/or I'm happy to proceed however but thanks for understanding haha
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-10-2018, 02:37 PM #57
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Sian more and more reminds me of this fine role model .....

bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-10-2018, 02:40 PM #58
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
My point is you were sarcastic in this thread, I asked you to cut it out and then you went off and dragged some perceived slight from another thread into it, I believe you came into this thread solely to have a dig given you were annoyed about me posting a smilie to a comment made by Jaxie this morning, given many members including yourself do this on a regular basis I guess we are all passive aggressive in your book
That's actually not true at all, I made a sarcastic comment as I would have done to anyone who started this thread because I found the OP (no offence, genuinely) a bit ridiculous

You had a problem with that so I was flippantly pointing out that if you didn't like it you should drop the passive aggression (i.e. don't give what you can't take), and that's what started this whole thing off
Old 18-10-2018, 02:45 PM #59

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:

I don't care if people want to be passive aggressive, therefore when they are I'm happy to respond in kind and have an uncivilised discussion. None of that means I "care", as you are implying. It really shouldn't be that difficult to discern what I mean
You say you don't care but your actions speak otherwise. But sure keep spending the rest of the day trying to convice us how unbothered you are by it all
Old 18-10-2018, 02:47 PM #60

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Are you going to bother responding this time or shall I not bother?

That's not an example of hypocrisy at all. What's the correlation between mocking people for obvious rigging and "writing essays" when someone tells me to the cut the sarcasm? Not only does that not make sense, but it makes even less sense when you consider that my first response to Cherie in this thread was...

...ten words long that's some essay!

Just to be clear though, I'm not going to dumb down my posts for you or anyone else on this forum.

As for the bit in bold, the nail has met the head! Do you not see that's exactly how I feel? And that it would explain the tone of some of my posts? Of course I care about the show (well, to an extent), that has nothing to do with caring whether people are passive aggressive/patronising/etc with me or not though.

Lastly, this is what I say to everyone who makes similar comments - of course I think my bloody opinion is right, it wouldn't be much of an opinion if I didn't I know barely anyone agrees anymore, but I don't care, I've stuck by the same consistent arguments for almost the entire time I've been on this forum and I'm not going to change, I'm not going to try and fit in just for the sake of it, if people don't like it they don't have to respond. Like I said to Niamh, most of the time these days I turn up, post a few comments and then leave...if others choose to engage with me that's up to them, no one is asking them to

I totally understand why people would respond how they do, that's cool, but they don't have to respond at all or in the same way - either/or I'm happy to proceed however but thanks for understanding haha
I’m not asking you to dumb down your posts but how can you say you couldn’t care less then come out with these huge posts articulating every which way you feel? It’s almost undermining people who still care about this show/ this series
Also I didn’t respond last time because someone put what I was gonna say better than I would’ve so sorry...?
Nobody is asking you to fit in, post less, change your opinions, not be righteous with your opinions ect ect ect again most of this is down to the ‘haha all of you being pissed off at the rigging haha’ posts in the other thread, which came off as condescending af. And you don’t have to change that either but it’s just kinda confusing because you heckle Cherie for doing something (barely) similar, that’s all.
It’s bound to cause disagreements because we’ve both conceded we all have different tastes and different things we want from this show. And I agree it probably isn’t just as blsck and white as people don’t want rigging. It’s certainly a factor but only amplified by
- it clearly being a ploy to keep a hated housemate in that I personally think is dragging the series down
- if it was implemented earlier we would’ve saw personal favourites and unique housemates like anamelia and Kay last
- they’ve been consistent with production and had seemingly ditched their sloppy c5 ways. This seemed like a 180 on their other production decisions
Old 18-10-2018, 02:54 PM #61
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You say you don't care but your actions speak otherwise. But sure keep spending the rest of the day trying to convice us how unbothered you are by it all
That must be the third time now you've not read a post properly! A record?

Another reminder that it wasn't me who began this discussion, it was those who responded. Unlike some others who prefer to make passive aggressive posts and avoid direct confrontation, if someone quotes me I generally tend to respond. When people stop conversing with me, I'll stop replying...so maybe it's you and they who should consider how to spend the rest of the day?
Old 18-10-2018, 02:58 PM #62

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
That must be the third time now you've not read a post properly! A record?

Another reminder that it wasn't me who began this discussion, it was those who responded. Unlike some others who prefer to make passive aggressive posts and avoid direct confrontation, if someone quotes me I generally tend to respond. When people stop conversing with me, I'll stop replying...so maybe it's you and they who should consider how to spend the rest of the day?
Cherie made the thread and YOU responded to her hun, maybe if your posts weren't full of contradictions and inaccuracies people wouldn't have such a hard time understanding them!
Old 18-10-2018, 03:04 PM #63
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I’m not asking you to dumb down your posts but how can you say you couldn’t care less then come out with these huge posts articulating every which way you feel? It’s almost undermining people who still care about this show/ this series
The past 24 hours are probably some of the longest posts I've made all series and they're not even about the actual show, so I'm not getting your point?

Honestly, if you look back at my posts I bet most of them over the last few weeks are one or two lines if that. The only reason these posts are so long is because so many people are responding and it's one of the first times this series anyone has engaged

Quote:
Also I didn’t respond last time because someone put what I was gonna say better than I would’ve so sorry...?
And then I asked you a question, which I asked someone else too, and you had no response.

Quote:
Nobody is asking you to fit in, post less, change your opinions, not be righteous with your opinions ect ect ect again most of this is down to the ‘haha all of you being pissed off at the rigging haha’ posts in the other thread, which came off as condescending af. And you don’t have to change that either but it’s just kinda confusing because you heckle Cherie for doing something (barely) similar, that’s all.
I've not HECKLED Cherie at all omg what? I made a sarcastic post, she had a problem with it, I responded flippantly with a ten word post and the rest is history...that's not my doing???

Quote:
It’s bound to cause disagreements because we’ve both conceded we all have different tastes and different things we want from this show. And I agree it probably isn’t just as blsck and white as people don’t want rigging. It’s certainly a factor but only amplified by
- it clearly being a ploy to keep a hated housemate in that I personally think is dragging the series down
- if it was implemented earlier we would’ve saw personal favourites and unique housemates like anamelia and Kay last
- they’ve been consistent with production and had seemingly ditched their sloppy c5 ways. This seemed like a 180 on their other production decisions
This is retreading old ground that was covered in the other thread so I don't really want to bring it here but, all I'll say quickly is:

1) I agree VTS should've been implemented pre-series, it should've been five years ago
2) Producer manipulation is part and parcel of reality television, so long as it's in the interests of a better show I don't care
3) When producer manipulation has benefited forum favourites in the past, a lot of people had no issue with it. I can admit that, so others should too
Old 18-10-2018, 03:04 PM #64
A great thief

A great thief

Old 18-10-2018, 03:04 PM #65
A great thief

A great thief

Anyways we LOVE Sian!
Old 18-10-2018, 03:07 PM #66
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Cherie made the thread and YOU responded to her hun, maybe if your posts weren't full of contradictions and inaccuracies people wouldn't have such a hard time understanding them!
No babe, I responded to the thread, there's a clear difference. If I'd quoted her OP you might've had a point but I didn't

I've asked you to provide receipts of the contradictions and inaccuracies several times and you haven't been able to, so I'm going to take that as clarification that there aren't any and you just don't know how to respond. Unless you've finally got an answer now? I'll be waiting
Old 18-10-2018, 03:11 PM #67

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
No babe, I responded to the thread, there's a clear difference. If I'd quoted her OP you might've had a point but I didn't

I've asked you to provide receipts of the contradictions and inaccuracies several times and you haven't been able to, so I'm going to take that as clarification that there aren't any and you just don't know how to respond. Unless you've finally got an answer now? I'll be waiting
Oh sorry so you responded to what Cherie posted but didn't direcetly quote her therefore that wasn't you engaging a conversation with her first, my bad LMAO

& literally the entire thread is now everyone calling you out on your contradictions, what more evidence needs providing?
Old 18-10-2018, 03:20 PM #68
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Oh sorry so you responded to what Cherie posted but didn't direcetly quote her therefore that wasn't you engaging a conversation with her first, my bad LMAO

& literally the entire thread is now everyone calling you out on your contradictions, what more evidence needs providing?
Oh dear, another post you didn't pay attention to it seems:

Quote:
That's actually not true at all, I made a sarcastic comment as I would have done to anyone who started this thread because I found the OP (no offence, genuinely) a bit ridiculous
Makes no difference who started the thread, I found it absurd so responded with sarcasm. Do you not understand how a conversation works my love? Just to get you up to speed, it began when Cherie quoted my post

And the entire thread has been me pointing out that they're not actually contradictions at all, before others (mainly you) recite the same things over and over again because they're not bothering to pay attention to the responses lmfao, if you did perhaps you would understand...it's really very simple
Old 18-10-2018, 03:24 PM #69

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Oh dear, another post you didn't pay attention to it seems:

Makes no difference who started the thread, I found it absurd so responded with sarcasm. Do you not understand how a conversation works my love? Just to get you up to speed, it began when Cherie quoted my post

And the entire thread has been me pointing out that they're not actually contradictions at all, before others (mainly you) recite the same things over and over again because they're not bothering to pay attention to the responses lmfao, if you did perhaps you would understand...it's really very simple
It's just not realistic and not one person is buying your arguments, I'll refrain from banging my head against the wall now Mr always in the right x
Old 18-10-2018, 03:28 PM #70
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It's just not realistic and not one person is buying your arguments, I'll refrain from banging my head against the wall now Mr always in the right x
Not that I want to speak on Niamh's behalf but she did seem to see where I was coming from (partly) by the end, and at the very least engaged with what I was saying rather than ignoring it

It's not my problem if you're not capable of understanding but thanks hun

Old 18-10-2018, 03:32 PM #71

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyH View Post
Anyways we LOVE Sian!
We can't wait till she wins, the viewers poll icon
Old 18-10-2018, 03:33 PM #72

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
Hussein saying 'drop the ball' worse than Lewis calling Sian ac u next Tuesday behind her back. Bit of a loss of credibility there Vanessa.
He referred to her as a twunt, there's a difference

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-10-2018, 03:36 PM #73

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
We can't wait till she wins, the viewers poll icon
She topped polls by doing nothing!! If she does anything of substance nobody else stands a chance!!

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
ball, describing, drop, sian, task