Notices

BB19 Posts about Big Brother 19 UK. Discuss the housemates and series - which was won by Cameron - here.

-----

Old 19-10-2018, 08:28 AM #1
and all that's in between

Favourites (more):
BB19: Isabella
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Favourites (more):
Default Akeem is actually playing a similar game to Tomasz.

This "Akeem is dim and harmless" narrative is wearing a bit thin. If people like him that's their business but let's not pretend he's all sweetness and light.

I find him manipulative and disingenuous, and because of the way he goes about it, his actions fly under the radar. It took me a while to twig what he was doing but he loves telling people what they want to hear, even if it's the opposite of what he actually means. That's fine in the real world when you're dealing with people on a short term basis, but when you're going from person to person in the Big Brother house saying contradictory things, it means you're not being yourself. He's also fond of making little jibes at people's expense and knows how to push their buttons, but because he does this without raising his voice most of the time, he again gets away with it. The control freak that emerges during Big Coin tasks is the real Akeem - him and Tomasz are actually playing a similar game, and it's unfair that only one of them has been clocked for doing it.
Old 19-10-2018, 08:30 AM #2
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

Agree on all you say
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-10-2018, 08:33 AM #3
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Spaceman View Post
This "Akeem is dim and harmless" narrative is wearing a bit thin. If people like him that's their business but let's not pretend he's all sweetness and light.

I find him manipulative and disingenuous, and because of the way he goes about it, his actions fly under the radar. It took me a while to twig what he was doing but he loves telling people what they want to hear, even if it's the opposite of what he actually means. That's fine in the real world when you're dealing with people on a short term basis, but when you're going from person to person in the Big Brother house saying contradictory things, it means you're not being yourself. He's also fond of making little jibes at people's expense and knows how to push their buttons, but because he does this without raising his voice most of the time, he again gets away with it. The control freak that emerges during Big Coin tasks is the real Akeem - him and Tomasz are actually playing a similar game, and it's unfair that only one of them has been clocked for doing it.

Spot on all through.
I see him as not to be trusted at all.

Really strong and factual post, well said.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-10-2018, 08:37 AM #4
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:

Completely disagree, he is competitive yes but not a control freak, can you give examples of what contradictory things he says?

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-10-2018, 08:55 AM #5

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Says "I completely agree with you." to one person who has been arguing, and then says the same to the other person.

He sees himself as leader of the house and will put himself in that position at the slightest opportunity. He has an air of casual arrogance about him and loves to take control.
Old 19-10-2018, 11:07 AM #6

Favourites (more):
BB19: Akeem
Strictly 2018: Charles Venn

Favourites (more):
BB19: Akeem
Strictly 2018: Charles Venn

Whats wrong with playing the game there can be only 1 winner and whoever does win gets 100,000
girlfighter24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-10-2018, 12:17 PM #7
El Cockroach

Favourites (more):
BBUSA25: Cory
BBCanada 9: Rohan

El Cockroach

Favourites (more):
BBUSA25: Cory
BBCanada 9: Rohan

Have to disagree.. Akeem is the picture of a positive good well rounded person compared to Lewis and Cameron who are negative nasty bitches

DrunkerThanMoses is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-10-2018, 12:25 PM #8

Agree witn you, OP.
Nancy. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-10-2018, 01:11 PM #9

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Quote:

Spot on.
I wouldn’t trust him as far as I could throw him.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
akeem, game, playing, similar, tomasz