Notices

BB3 Chat about Kate, Alex, Jade Goody and anything to do with Big Brother 3!

Old 04-06-2002, 01:24 PM #1

Default Claire Sweeney on BB3

Claire Sweeney on the First Week in the BB3 House
from OK! Magazine

Don’t you just love this time of year? I know I do. Apart from the fact that – lo and behold – it looks like we are going to have a scorcher of a summer (plus those extra Bank Holidays to lol about topping up our tans – cheers Your Maj!), Big Brother 3, the TV show for which the nation has been waiting with baited breath since the very cuddly Brian Dowling waltzed away with 70 grand, is back on our screens once again. And what a corker this one looks set to be.

There I was, flying in from Spain after an 18-hour video shoot for my debut single, excited beyond belief about getting back to my flat, popping on the kettle and settling down to welcome Channel 4’s soon-to-be-famous ‘dirty’ dozen with open arms, and what a treat I truly received.

From sexy Alex, the half-German male model with cheekbones to kill for and his penchant for Jasmine tea; bonkers Cockney lass Jade and her natural ability to be heard over every other housemate; fitness instructor [/b]Lee[/b] with his bad-boy looks and body to die for; Kate, the stunning ladette set to raise temperatures with the majority of the British viewing public ; eccentric kilt-wearing Sandy (who, may I say, looks absolutely fantastic at 43!); fireman and all-round Geordie joker Jonny; stylish Scottish student Lynne; PJ who’s definitely one of the lads; calm and collected body-builder Adele (who my money is on to hook up with Lee – if only so the pair of them can compare six-packs); funky skate-boy Spencer;pretty and level-headed Sunita; and the gorgeous bubbly Brummie Alison, whose infectious laugh just seems to light up the whole house.

It’s clear the Channel 4 have picked a colourful, more youth-orientated bunch of housemates guaranteed to make the next ten weeks addictive viewing, and (we hope) raise more than a few temperatures across the land with all manner of raunchy revelations, explosive in-house fireworks and more bread-making than Mother’s Pride could ever dream of!

For me, the best bit of Friday night’s opening show had to be the moment each housemate made their grand entrance down the very glamorous staircase and into the house. Watching the combination of nerves, excitement and pure adrenalin kick in (with many gasping for breath once inside) had my stomach doing all manner of somersaults, conjuring up great memories of my own experiences on Celebrity Big Brother. Oh how I understood what each of the 12 were going through. Once the door is locked and you’re all inside, the feeling that you get – wondering what’s around the corner, how the public are going to take to you, and of course, getting your mitts on the £70,000 – is absolutely priceless. If Boots could bottle that sensation and sell it, it’d knock the likes of Issey Miyake and Eternity right off the shelves!

So, even at this early stage in the show, I’m already predicting this: Kate is going to have Alex and Spencer clamouring for her charms (with Spencer coming out tops); there’ll be a few housemates who wish they possessed a magic remote control when it comes to Jade’s high-volume outbursts (as in the priceless ‘Ere, what’s “sparagus” then?’ – all hail the new Helen); and Alison’s priceless energy will win over the hearts of the nation and put her in good stead to make it to the end of the ten weeks and bag the prizemoney.

As for the first housemate to leave the house in the new-style first-week eviction (oooh, cruel Channel 4!), I’m looking at PJ, Lynne or Jade. Sorry guys!

So, as we’ve now got the perfect excuse to put our social lives on hold for the next nine weeks, do as I’m going to do and immerse yourself in the magic that will be Big Brother 3. But please, please, please don’t get too obsessed. There’s nothing worse than finding yourself wide-eyed at 4am studying the contestants sleeping patterns on E4’s 24-hour coverage. As the lovely lot in the original series often said: It’s only a game-show, after all!
LEE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 07:44 PM #2

God, what a crawler, she's turning into Anthea Turner.

steve_o is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bb3, claire, sweeney