Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 08-11-2018, 04:30 PM #76
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babayaro. View Post
what a waste of 10 seconds...

Obviously the whole interaction wasn't recorded so no one can comment on it, really.
when has context and proper information ever stopped us?
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 04:31 PM #77
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Tera
BBUSA22: Janelle

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Tera
BBUSA22: Janelle

there’s not really a side to take though, is there

Spoiler:

Matthew. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 04:49 PM #78

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
To play devil's advocate on the thread, bus drivers do take a bit of abuse and I'd guess this driver had been harassed by a few passengers already and this kid just happened to be the straw that broke the camel's back. Its still not OK though. Smack of him deciding to take out his frustration on a kid who is clearly much smaller than him... I doubt he'd have been out of his cab so quickly if it was some angry big bloke in his 40's mouthing off. Not a good look, really.

It would be like me having a bad day with the rougher customers and then snapping at Wee Betty for taking too long to remember the numbers she wants for her 49's.
I love the 49s' its my most profitable bookies experience atm
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 04:53 PM #79
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
A push is hardly demonstrating violence, if someone tried to enter your home illegally or in a threatening way you would be quite within your rights to push them out, the bus driver is responsible for the bus and his passengers, if he felt this passenger was going to be a threat or cause trouble he had every right to push him off, we don't know the full story here so its difficult to judge why the bus driver reacted but I doubt it was just for being called a prick

If this happened at a hospital reception desk no one would bat an eyelid at the youth being man handled out by security, the guy is on his own, its not like he set about him with a baseball bat, he pushed him off the bus, the only way he let himself down was calling the kid fat, maybe he has done the kid a favour and he will act reasonably in future
That's just wrong tbh. Can't compare a private home to a place of business. The driver is in a public facing role, if a situation arises when the driver is receiving abuse then they have to stick to the regulations in how to handle that.

Being called a prick doesn't warrant him insulting them back and putting hands on them, two wrongs do not make a right.

I definitely would do more than bat an eyelid if I saw a disproportionate response like that in a hospital or any other place.

Bit worrying that you think a violent and abusive response is a good way of course correcting someone's behaviour tbh...

If this wasn't a teenage boy, a lot of people who were on the driver's side would not have supported his behaviour.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 05:08 PM #80
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

Has the driver been sacked yet??

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 05:30 PM #81
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

If this went down as the guy is saying on facebook that he boarded the bus with a pass that wasn't scanning but had a receipt and the driver took both off him and called him a liar that is bad.

At that age I would have been stranded because I only carried bus money and say £20 and I would go home with a pound if that.

Further more if he simply asked for both back to ask the next driver then he should have been given them back not called names.

If the driver called him fat then him calling the driver a prick isn't far from the truth either.
Old 08-11-2018, 05:52 PM #82
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

All buses have CCTV so it will be easy to see who is abusive

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 05:58 PM #83
swapped for scrabble

Favourites (more):
BB19: Brooke
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

swapped for scrabble

Favourites (more):
BB19: Brooke
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

"I'm only 15" = I'm untouchable and can't be held responsible for my actions

Yeah, sounds about right

Spoiler:

Shifra, Tzabar, Ranin. BBIL 2008.
y.winter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 07:43 PM #84
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.winter View Post
"I'm only 15" = I'm untouchable and can't be held responsible for my actions

Yeah, sounds about right
He can be held responsible but "being held responsible" doesn't involve physical assault.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 08:38 PM #85
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

At first glance at the video, the guy lost his temper. Kicking him off the bus was fine. If the kid had touched him and threatened him, I'd understand though.

The "I'm 15" says it all right there. Victim-mentality shouldn't be ingrained like that in our young. If they act stupid and insulting, people sometimes can & will retaliate. The police aren't meant to handle petty disputes like this. I'm for looking the other way for simple disputes. Our jails are full and the police should be busy catching real criminals. My point, we should be able to sort some things out ourselves. Not get police/social media/the journalists involved at every step.

I remember one time my friend & I were horsing around the back of a Metro here. It was empty, but we were a bit loud and it was a long ride. Mostly just being excitable, because we were looking out the windows and talking about the sights. Anyway, the bus driver wasn't happy. He stopped the bus, yelled back at us from his mirror and was ready to open the door. "If y'all don't calm down, you're getting off this bus"... did we have words? No. We both apologized. Then we sat the **** down. Yeah, there's been other bus drivers who were more "cool" about things like that or whatever, but if it's aggravating/distracting to him, then you can't really blame him.

I've seen people who were likely gang-members who are OTT and in some cases threatening who aren't kicked off. Some bus-drivers are legitimately afraid when they're doing their job. Not saying this is this guy's excuse. He seems like he's just fed up with this. I do not think it's worth calling the police over. Though he may lose his job for touching a passenger.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 08:47 PM #86
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
A push is hardly demonstrating violence, if someone tried to enter your home illegally or in a threatening way you would be quite within your rights to push them out, the bus driver is responsible for the bus and his passengers, if he felt this passenger was going to be a threat or cause trouble he had every right to push him off, we don't know the full story here so its difficult to judge why the bus driver reacted but I doubt it was just for being called a prick

If this happened at a hospital reception desk no one would bat an eyelid at the youth being man handled out by security, the guy is on his own, its not like he set about him with a baseball bat, he pushed him off the bus, the only way he let himself down was calling the kid fat, maybe he has done the kid a favour and he will act reasonably in future
That is an interesting take and I wouldn't say it's invalid. It just depends on what society agrees should be the boundaries. Some welfare/social security offices here will kick you out, and yes they will touch to remove you from the premises if you decide to get a little bit too pissy. That may seem OTT to some not accustomed to this, but here, many of these places are really overcrowded and there are all sorts of characters that come into these places. Employees have been touched. I've only been in a few times, but the employees have short-tempers... and to some degree, when you see how many will show up and threaten, lose their sh** over something taking too long or their claim not being expedited, they sort of do have to take matters into own hands sometimes. Literally. They see a lot of resistance.

With city services like metro/transportation, I think the lines are more blurred than that. I would not have a problem with a bus driver removing someone physically from a bus who is being disruptive permitted it's not hitting them in the face and with any force to parts of their body. Just simply a removal from the vehicle. However, it depends on what society, and mainly the passengers helps them feel safe in that environment. So it's not always easy to determine how/where those boundaries should be. Personally, I feel safer when a bus driver does have more tools at their disposal because there are drug runs, gang-related activities, etc that are carried out through public transit. But, we have a police division just for Metro Transit, so probably they have some dispatch potential.

Last edited by Maru; 08-11-2018 at 08:49 PM.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 08:40 AM #87
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maru View Post
That is an interesting take and I wouldn't say it's invalid. It just depends on what society agrees should be the boundaries. Some welfare/social security offices here will kick you out, and yes they will touch to remove you from the premises if you decide to get a little bit too pissy. That may seem OTT to some not accustomed to this, but here, many of these places are really overcrowded and there are all sorts of characters that come into these places. Employees have been touched. I've only been in a few times, but the employees have short-tempers... and to some degree, when you see how many will show up and threaten, lose their sh** over something taking too long or their claim not being expedited, they sort of do have to take matters into own hands sometimes. Literally. They see a lot of resistance.

With city services like metro/transportation, I think the lines are more blurred than that. I would not have a problem with a bus driver removing someone physically from a bus who is being disruptive permitted it's not hitting them in the face and with any force to parts of their body. Just simply a removal from the vehicle. However, it depends on what society, and mainly the passengers helps them feel safe in that environment. So it's not always easy to determine how/where those boundaries should be. Personally, I feel safer when a bus driver does have more tools at their disposal because there are drug runs, gang-related activities, etc that are carried out through public transit. But, we have a police division just for Metro Transit, so probably they have some dispatch potential.

There are signs up everywhere, hospitals, schools, shops, abuse towards staff will not be tolerated, I mean the bus driver could have called the police and waited for half an hour, instead he chose to push him off the bus for being abusive, his only crime in my eyes was to call him fat

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 08:49 AM #88
You know my methods

You know my methods

not fat shaming?

Old 09-11-2018, 09:01 AM #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Perhaps if someone had put their hands on him when he was younger... his parents perhaps... he wouldn't be such an arsehole now. "I'm only 15" means I can say pretty much anything I like to you and you have to let me.
That.

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude. And don’t hang on to negativity. That’s all.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:15 AM #90
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

It's very interesting how some people think that unless a child is hit as a kid they won't be well behaved or respectful. I have two really well behaved/respectful teenagers and neither were hit as kids. It's not about hitting your kids, it's about disciplining them, hitting them as a method of discipline is lazy parenting. We don't tolerate adults hitting adults so why is an adult hitting a small child ok? I don't get the logic at all

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:21 AM #91
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
It's very interesting how some people think that unless a child is hit as a kid they won't be well behaved or respectful. I have two really well behaved/respectful teenagers and neither were hit as kids. It's not about hitting your kids, it's about disciplining them, hitting them as a method of discipline is lazy parenting. We don't tolerate adults hitting adults so why is an adult hitting a small child ok? I don't get the logic at all
its not hitting your kids its about caring and teaching them. Lazy parents are the ones who dont care, let them out to all hours, let them watch and so what they want, eat what they want at home

Chav parents will in general bring up feckless kids whether they smack them or not and good parents will bring up good kids whether they smack or not

Sometimes a wee smack on the bum can save a thousand words but naturally it needs to mean something and teach something and not just because you are angry

etc
Old 09-11-2018, 09:21 AM #92

Different world cultures.

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude. And don’t hang on to negativity. That’s all.
Old 09-11-2018, 09:23 AM #93
You know my methods

You know my methods

If my mum was baking stuff for the church and I went into the kitchen and stole some scones she would be after me with a wooden spoon and I knew it so i learned not to.

She also washed my mouth out with soap when i swore at home and I never did it again.

It was fckg horrible, the fat bitch

Old 09-11-2018, 09:25 AM #94

Quote:
It’s not lazy parenting in other parts of the world. It’s in the culture.

Old 09-11-2018, 09:26 AM #95
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
its not hitting your kids its about caring and teaching them. Lazy parents are the ones who dont care, let them out to all hours, let them watch and so what they want, eat what they want at home

Chav parents will in general bring up feckless kids whether they smack them or not and good parents will bring up good kids whether they smack or not

Sometimes a wee smack on the bum can save a thousand words but naturally it needs to mean something and teach something and not just because you are angry

etc
Yeah that's also lazy parenting along with getting physical with a little child, it's totally unnecessary to put your hands on another person just to save some words

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Old 09-11-2018, 09:28 AM #96
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redway View Post
Different world cultures.
Cultures are not fixed; it used to be the "culture" in Britain to stick orphans in workhouses to work for their gruel, and not even that long ago, but thankfully an end was put to that without people huffing and puffing about it being "part of our culture". And countless other examples. If something is a **** thing to do then it's a **** thing to do, regardless of culture, and physically attacking someone for any reason other than self-defense is a **** thing to do. Doubly so if it's a child.
Old 09-11-2018, 09:28 AM #97
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redway View Post
It’s not lazy parenting in other parts of the world. It’s in the culture.
Using culture as an excuse to hit a small child is ridiculous, are you saying treating women as second class citizens for example is ok because that's a part of alot of cultures? Or imprisoning/killing gay people is ok in some countries because that's part of their culture?

It's lazy parenting in any part of the world, in any culture

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 09-11-2018, 09:29 AM #98
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post

etc
BIB2 sounds pretty lazy to me .
Old 09-11-2018, 09:29 AM #99
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Yeah that's also lazy parenting along with getting physical with a little child, it's totally unnecessary to put your hands on another person just to save some words
Its not everyones opinion
Old 09-11-2018, 09:31 AM #100

Quote:
Using culture as an excuse to hit a small child is ridiculous, are you saying treating women as second class citizens for example is ok because that's a part of alot of cultures? Or imprisoning/killing gay people is ok in some countries because that's part of their culture?

It's lazy parenting in any part of the world, in any culture
On the contrary kids with non-Western upbringing usually have more respect for their elders.

The kid in question’s 15. Not exactly a small child.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
15, bus, driver, kid, lesson, punkass, taught, year