Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB19 Posts about Big Brother 19 UK. Discuss the housemates and series - which was won by Cameron - here.

-----

Old 30-11-2018, 02:50 PM #601
The peoples princesses

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

The peoples princesses

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyH View Post
Cameron say hi to me
Sorry, who are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
And if not, maybe try your hand at being an author for Mills & Boon.
He/him
Mitchell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-11-2018, 02:58 PM #602
A great thief

A great thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
Sorry, who are you?
Better than you
Old 30-11-2018, 02:59 PM #603
The peoples princesses

Favourites (more):

The peoples princesses

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyH View Post
Better than you
You wish babe x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
And if not, maybe try your hand at being an author for Mills & Boon.
He/him
Mitchell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-11-2018, 11:47 PM #604

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
It's basic politeness really. Most regular members don't want to be insulted and that's why we have a rule against it. We have to remember that most people who post on here (applies to social media also) are effectively anonymous, so if someone had a bone to pick with any of you, they would not have much ammunition.

Whereas, the ex-housemates have gone on TV and we know a lot about them (or think we do) so they are more unshielded to personal comments against them. There is an imbalance there.

Consider if someone found out something about you, in real life (like on a social media account), and you had it used against you in a conversation on a forum. You wouldn't like it.

I didn't like that either. Raph wasn't in any way controversial, as much as I remember that series.
i dont understand why you find it so much more barbaric that i called cameron a knob and hayden quoted him with a shilpa gif than the hundreds and thousands of threads on this website ripping into a housemates every move. a precedent has already been set that housemates are fair game, and with tomasz and cameron visiting the forum its not so far fetched that the housemates being talked will stumble across what has been said about them.

'Consider if someone found out something about you, in real life (like on a social media account), and you had it used against you in a conversation on a forum. You wouldn't like it.'
this is what I'm confused about because i kinda agree with it, but where was the moral objection to the countless threads this series made about housemates personal lives as revealed on this tv show? Does it not make posters in this thread, who have called out peoples vitriol to cameron, that the housemates they've ****talked might read what they have put, and be equally if not more so disheartened? why do you find people telling cameron to his face they don't like him so much more horrific than whats written about housemates by multiple posters every day in off season? did you really not cosnider the idea they might find this forum and read such threads, or is it simply because you like the person involved personally? i hope its not the latter

Last edited by Elliot; 30-11-2018 at 11:49 PM.
Elliot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:43 AM #605
Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

There's only one moody legend I want to sign up to this forum

Last edited by Headie; 01-12-2018 at 01:43 AM.
Headie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:08 PM #606

Quote:
It's basic politeness really. Most regular members don't want to be insulted and that's why we have a rule against it. We have to remember that most people who post on here (applies to social media also) are effectively anonymous, so if someone had a bone to pick with any of you, they would not have much ammunition.

Whereas, the ex-housemates have gone on TV and we know a lot about them (or think we do) so they are more unshielded to personal comments against them. There is an imbalance there.

Consider if someone found out something about you, in real life (like on a social media account), and you had it used against you in a conversation on a forum. You wouldn't like it.

I didn't like that either. Raph wasn't in any way controversial, as much as I remember that series.
Are you seriously comparing discussing/criticising/praising a housemate based on their behaviour on a television show they voluntarily entered is in anyway comparable to being ripped to shreds about a PRIVATE life that someone has intruded into unnecessarily?

On what planet are they even in the same universe?

You say this without a hint of irony... as the admin... of a Big Brother discussion forum.... for how many years?

Last edited by Marsh.; 01-12-2018 at 10:08 PM.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:18 AM #607
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
Are you seriously comparing discussing/criticising/praising a housemate based on their behaviour on a television show they voluntarily entered is in anyway comparable to being ripped to shreds about a PRIVATE life that someone has intruded into unnecessarily?

You say this without a hint of irony... as the admin... of a Big Brother discussion forum.... for how many years?
In that example the person would have voluntarily put [whatever it would be] on social media for all to see, comment on, etc. for what is essentially a life discussion forum. It still wouldn't be nice if it was commented on negatively right in front of the person or directly aimed at them in another place/setting/platform.

It's the same thing on different scales. Maybe a bit of an exaggerated comparison by James but still a pretty legit comparison nonetheless.

Basically by entering BB he opened up his life to the public but that's what people do in life all the time as well, this was just for a lot more people to see and it's viewed more openly to judge them etc. because it's a show. That doesn't make it right to unnecessarily bash the person but tbf I don't think the criticism here was too bad or OTT (but idk I think some things might have been deleted so at least from what I've read).

Last edited by JerseyWins; 02-12-2018 at 03:19 AM.
JerseyWins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 04:02 AM #608

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyWins View Post
In that example the person would have voluntarily put [whatever it would be] on social media for all to see, comment on, etc. for what is essentially a life discussion forum. It still wouldn't be nice if it was commented on negatively right in front of the person or directly aimed at them in another place/setting/platform.

It's the same thing on different scales. Maybe a bit of an exaggerated comparison by James but still a pretty legit comparison nonetheless.

Basically by entering BB he opened up his life to the public but that's what people do in life all the time as well, this was just for a lot more people to see and it's viewed more openly to judge them etc. because it's a show. That doesn't make it right to unnecessarily bash the person but tbf I don't think the criticism here was too bad or OTT (but idk I think some things might have been deleted so at least from what I've read).
exactly but people post like that all the time carelessly about other housemates so why is it so much worse its being said to his face? Cameron has visited the forum so what if sian or akeem were to visit the forum and read what has been written about them? For example theres a thread where multiple people call sian a prostitute and awful mother. Think of if she were to read through that.. why aren't there rules about talking about housemates in that manor in the first place?

The point being made is the hypocrisy of owning and partaking in a forum that rips into a housemates every move, and not a single bat of an eyelid, then telling people to have 'basic politeness' because the housemate tweeted about us. Whats stopping hussain, lewis g, kay, akeem and sian visiting this forum and reading whats been wrote about them? If he wants to make his forum look good, the damage is done.. the precedent has been set that housemates are fair game, of course unless the moderator personally likes them and dislikes the people talking about them

Last edited by Elliot; 02-12-2018 at 04:07 AM.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:17 AM #609

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurryface View Post
There's nothing wrong with people putting the game behind them and remaining friends. Some of the grudges people hold on this forum are so OTT
i mean her slating cian and taking his kindness for granted for being loyal and fair to everyone and then blaming it on her period doesn't seem like a very fun game to me?
Old 02-12-2018, 04:24 AM #610
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyWins View Post

Yeah I think quite a bit would have had to been deleted, because I'm not real sure what the "fuss" is about. I agree with all you've said here though.

Personally, I would be fine with admin adding a rule that users can't go after former contestants if they're just visiting to get in touch with fans. It would be sort of like a "Contributor" status. It's not unreasonable for there to be a consensus of basic respect if a former castmember visits and takes the time to answer questions... and we know there are plenty of people who will abuse a situation like that if given the chance. I remember because I was that 12-13-yo who joined the "mob" to "harass" Britney Spears when she visited a radio station and was posting to online folk. I came across it because she was posting on an IRC server I frequented.

I don't think that type of interaction is on the same plane as a "normal" member. Those visits are actual contributions to the site. i.e. "special content"... so there obviously could be different rules of engagement to discourage scaring away future contributors. Clearly, this is in retrospect, because Cameron already visited(?) and the show is cancelled so... (edit) obviously if they decided to integrate, then they would have to reintroduce themselves as "permanent" members...

Last edited by Maru; 02-12-2018 at 04:26 AM.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 04:38 AM #611

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maru View Post
Yeah I think quite a bit would have had to been deleted, because I'm not real sure what the "fuss" is about. I agree with all you've said here though.

Personally, I would be fine with admin adding a rule that users can't go after former contestants if they're just visiting to get in touch with fans. It would be sort of like a "Contributor" status. It's not unreasonable for there to be a consensus of basic respect if a former castmember visits and takes the time to answer questions... and we know there are plenty of people who will abuse a situation like that if given the chance. I remember because I was that 12-13-yo who joined the "mob" to "harass" Britney Spears when she visited a radio station and was posting to online folk. I came across it because she was posting on an IRC server I frequented.

I don't think that type of interaction is on the same plane as a "normal" member. Those visits are actual contributions to the site. i.e. "special content"... so there obviously could be different rules of engagement to discourage scaring away future contributors. Clearly, this is in retrospect, because Cameron already visited(?) and the show is cancelled so... (edit) obviously if they decided to integrate, then they would have to reintroduce themselves as "permanent" members...
but i don't understand what makes it so much worse that less than positive comments are in a thread where said housemate is posting instead of the usual relentless slating of every housemate. I know you're not the type of poster to make ott remarks about housemates but theres literally no rule against it and suddenly when the housemate comes you have the admin policing everyone?

imo the moral outrage of things being said to his face doesn't really make much sense, since theres been nothing said about harsh comments being said about housemates on this forum in general, and theres nothing stopping said housemates from visiting and reading whats been wrote about them. Where was this 'basic politeness' for the 18 or so years this forum has been discussing housemates relentlessly and depicting their every move? considering tomasz and cameron have visited the forum from this series, its not so crazy to consider that what someone writes about a housemate may be read by them

Last edited by Elliot; 02-12-2018 at 04:38 AM.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:40 AM #612

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post

The housemates sign up to have their behaviour on the show discussed. Yeah, fine. But then the show ends, and people still seem to be upset with the housemates, don't want them to have any success, and want to say harsh things to them.

Even if it was reported an ex-housemate had just got a job stacking shelves, there would be some who would object.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot View Post
exactly but people post like that all the time carelessly about other housemates so why is it so much worse its being said to his face? Cameron has visited the forum so what if sian or akeem were to visit the forum and read what has been written about them? For example theres a thread where multiple people call sian a prostitute and awful mother. Think of if she were to read through that.. why aren't there rules about talking about housemates in that manor in the first place?

The point being made is the hypocrisy of owning and partaking in a forum that rips into a housemates every move, and not a single bat of an eyelid, then telling people to have 'basic politeness' because the housemate tweeted about us. Whats stopping hussain, lewis g, kay, akeem and sian visiting this forum and reading whats been wrote about them? If he wants to make his forum look good, the damage is done.. the precedent has been set that housemates are fair game, of course unless the moderator personally likes them and dislikes the people talking about them
Those comments about Sian are over-the-top and unjustifed. My opinion was calling her that because she did modelling was stupid, and I hated the 'bad mother' comments. It's one of the worst things you can say to a parent. And also, from the point of view of a viewer - saying a parent should not go in the house - limits the types of housemates that go in, and makes the cast less interesting. I deleted those comments when the show was on. The question is where you draw the line with criticism, when the show is on.

But what we are talking about here is saying things like that to a housemate's face - which is taking it to another level of meanness. With the 'fair game' comment you seem to be arguing that if Sian came on here it would be okay to say those and other harsh things to her, whereas I would be just as annoyed with it, as I have been here.
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 04:57 AM #613

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

This forum has an increasing problem with excessive hate threads/comments towards contestants on shows (most of which I believe is done as a way to bait members without technically breaking any rules rather than being general distain for said contestant)

If more was done to crack down on it whilst it was happening the narrative of this thread would be completely different.
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 05:25 AM #614
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Quote:
exactly but people post like that all the time carelessly about other housemates so why is it so much worse its being said to his face?
I mean certain comments that are said about the housemates are pretty awful either way. I'd say most are within range of "fair enough" but some go OTT. This thread is very "fair enough" I think tbf.

But as for comments on the forum / to his face (well technically not but you know), I'd compare to a real life situation:

Say someone did something a group of people didn't like, or they just didn't like the person in general for reasons. Then they bash him among themselves but with the person in reach where he COULD potentially hear them. If he wanted to he could pay closer attention to them but otherwise he doesn't have to even hear it / most of it. IE: the housemates could check the forums and things like that online if they wanted to and find negative stuff about them. But I'm sure they're prepared for that regardless.

But then say the person goes up to the group and is nice to them and all and the group continues bashing him to his face now about this other thing he did that one day. That's a lot more annoying/disrespectful/etc. That's what I'd say is the difference and why people should treat them decently if they're visiting the site regardless of what they saw from them on the show. At least to give them a chance to see what they're like outside.

Last edited by JerseyWins; 02-12-2018 at 05:29 AM.
JerseyWins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 05:39 AM #615
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Anyway I'd be really surprised if Cameron even cared about any of the negativity tbh
Old 02-12-2018, 07:31 AM #616
Lewis & Cameron FTW!

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
BBUSA20: Kaycee
Lewis & Cameron FTW!

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
BBUSA20: Kaycee

Cameron and Lewis were my two favorite BB housemates/houseguests in a loooong time on any BB series, UK or US.
co0ol is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 07:39 AM #617

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Maybe some rules can be laid down as there are in DS as to the insults to any housemate, Lewis in particular had some very nasty stuff said about him some even slanderous, so maybe add some rules to stop the unnecessary comments.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 09:23 AM #618
bottle blonde

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BBCanada 9: Julie
bottle blonde

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BBCanada 9: Julie

when i see janice, it's ON SIGHT
Old 02-12-2018, 04:14 PM #619

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Queen Lydia Oscar winner reamins unbothered

Last edited by Elliot; 02-12-2018 at 04:22 PM.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:25 PM #620

Its great Cameron , posted again.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 04:42 PM #621

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

@cameron you can redeem all that you did in the house by getting goddess Sian on the forum! We had someone claiming they were Christ, now we want the real thing!
Old 02-12-2018, 04:47 PM #622
27/01/2020

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Clara Amfo
BBUSA22: Da'Vonne

27/01/2020

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Clara Amfo
BBUSA22: Da'Vonne

Quote:
i mean her slating cian and taking his kindness for granted for being loyal and fair to everyone and then blaming it on her period doesn't seem like a very fun game to me?
But if he decided he was fine to put that aside and remain friends who are we to judge
Old 02-12-2018, 05:53 PM #623

Quote:
The housemates sign up to have their behaviour on the show discussed. Yeah, fine. But then the show ends, and people still seem to be upset with the housemates, don't want them to have any success, and want to say harsh things to them.

Even if it was reported an ex-housemate had just got a job stacking shelves, there would be some who would object.
That's not what was discussed though.

People are commenting on Cameron's status as a housemate and how he related/treated the others in the show.

You told them to stop it, because Cameron himself was here.
Old 02-12-2018, 05:55 PM #624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
Maybe some rules can be laid down as there are in DS as to the insults to any housemate, Lewis in particular had some very nasty stuff said about him some even slanderous, so maybe add some rules to stop the unnecessary comments.
What like "twat" which you used on the previous page?

Maybe people stop being hypocrites and trying to silence forum members who don't like their favourites but then happily get personal and nasty with housemates they themselves don't like.

Last edited by Marsh.; 02-12-2018 at 05:56 PM.
Old 02-12-2018, 05:59 PM #625
A great thief

A great thief

While you're all here I'm going to plug United Vibe's upcoming tour

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bb19, bbuk, cameron, forum, hate