Notices

RuPaul’s Drag Race Discuss RPDR here.

Old 12-01-2019, 03:05 AM #1
A great thief

A great thief

Default AS4 ep5 discussion [spoilers x]

I'm shocked as to how Monet got Top 2 Monique was a LOT better and the way they handled the twist at the end was messy (everyone in the bottom/double lipsync winner when the lipsync wasn't even good)

Valentina made me SCREAM throughout, especially @ 'LADY BUNNY WAS AN INBRED PIG ' asdfgsdfg

How stunning did Miss Farrah look at the end whew
Old 12-01-2019, 03:06 AM #2
A great thief

A great thief

The challenges this season really are dire aren't they
Old 12-01-2019, 03:27 AM #3
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo

I'm JerseyWins and I approve this message
Old 12-01-2019, 04:17 AM #4
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

Monet and Manila were the correct top two. Monique had the worst runway and some of her character-isms got in the way of her punchlines, but otherwise she should've been 'safe' rather than in the bottom. Monet's runway was absolutely stunning and something I'd never have dreamed she was capable of. That was amazing. And walking to the back of the stage ON her train, knowing damn well how slippery it could've been? Nerve. Manila's runway was cute and meticulous but it wasn't as good as Trinity's.

Monique made me cackle tonight though. Spooked by Trinity, "I don't need to be told twice" as she storms off the stage after the non-elimination she's so much funnier when she isn't trying to reel off her brand.

Of the other three... Trinity's runway might have saved her. Valentina had a gorgeous lower-half of a dress and a really blocky and awkward top half? And Naomi... again delivered a completely different theme. I know I'd have eliminated Naomi... but I think the deliberations were gearing up for both Monet and Manila to eliminate Valentina.

Spoiler:

Which... is what was in the leaked tea. A non-elimination because both queens chose Valentina, which got people thinking Ru is favouring her.

The 'gag' at the end was fun. I gather next week is a lipsyncing tournament? If so, watch out anyone vs. Latrice. that win she was due week 1 is coming back baby

Ranking on this episode:
1) Monet - had the best one-liners and the best runway of the night. Hoping she has indeed done a 180 and 'forgiven Manila' (not that there was anything to forgive anyway )
2) Manila - the jokes were a little bit predictable but I genuinely did not see an ICE joke coming had the best format and execution of what a roast should be.
3) Monique - did well, but was put off by her disregarding Cecily's feedback

4) Trinity - she at least made me laugh with her reactions to other queens' roasts.
5) Valentina - meh runway, some funny jokes but some pretty terrible ones, too.
6) Naomi - worst jokes, meh runway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 04:31 AM #5
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

Also that lipsync AS4 has at least been DELIVERING with the lipsyncs.

Quote:

Old 12-01-2019, 06:07 AM #6
Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Mokka

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyH View Post
I'm shocked as to how Monet got Top 2 Monique was a LOT better and the way they handled the twist at the end was messy (everyone in the bottom/double lipsync winner when the lipsync wasn't even good)

Valentina made me SCREAM throughout, especially @ 'LADY BUNNY WAS AN INBRED PIG ' asdfgsdfg

How stunning did Miss Farrah look at the end whew
Everything here is WRONG

This episode was epic
The lip sync was phenomenal
The top to were correct
Valentina was the worst and should have gone home

Farrah looked diabolical... ugh
You've entered the post apocalyptic ruins of a site about a dead show, where every battle imaginable has already been fought a hundred times over. A cynical world of hardened arseholes where the mods have stopped caring, and the administrator is watching Tetris championships while the rest of us bicker in here.
Mokka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 06:07 AM #7
Mokka

Favourites (more):

Mokka

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyH View Post
The challenges this season really are dire aren't they
Wrong again
You've entered the post apocalyptic ruins of a site about a dead show, where every battle imaginable has already been fought a hundred times over. A cynical world of hardened arseholes where the mods have stopped caring, and the administrator is watching Tetris championships while the rest of us bicker in here.
Old 12-01-2019, 06:10 AM #8
Mokka

Favourites (more):

Mokka

Favourites (more):

Also... Ru should just fuq Valentina already so we dont have to keep living with her delusions.

But... that could be a new drinking game... a shot everytime Valentina is called delusional on the show. I would have been well tipsy tonight.
Old 12-01-2019, 06:13 AM #9
Mokka

Favourites (more):

Mokka

Favourites (more):

Can someone please leak episode 6 already... I cant wait a week
Old 12-01-2019, 10:21 AM #10
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

I don't like many of the queens this season. Especially after the reaction to Manila wanting to save Latrice.

I literally only like Manila it's weird I normally like everyone with one queen edging into my favourite.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:26 AM #11

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 7: Adam

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 7: Adam

Yeah I thought the reaction to Manila wanting to save Latrice was weird. I’m still enjoying most of the queens though.

Was that the worst roast they’ve done though? I can’t at how only three (at a stretch) were good
Old 12-01-2019, 11:47 AM #12

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tia Kofi
Strictly 2020: Ranvir Singh

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tia Kofi
Strictly 2020: Ranvir Singh

Wow we love a season with absolutely no rigga Moris to save the producers fave
Surely though if next week is the comeback, or whatever it seems to be, it would be better for it to be 5 and 5 and they could bring Valentina back

Or they could’ve just told Manila and Monet they had to pick different Lipsticks and they 2 they chose would have to Lipsync for their lives against each other
It was all too messy and random
Old 12-01-2019, 12:16 PM #13
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

I am GAGGED

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 12:21 PM #14
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Monet and Manila were the correct top two, as Shaun said Monique’s character ran away with her and it got in the way of her jokes. Plus she had the worst runway out of the three, The bottom three were all pretty poor but I’d rank Valentina > Trinity > Naomi.

I’m glad that the return (although we partially expect it now) was still somewhat of a surprise bc there hadn’t been teasers at the end of every episode like there was in S2&3. I’m so excited for next week, it looks like the returning queens are choosing who they replace with the lipsticks?

Old 12-01-2019, 12:28 PM #15

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Monet was the star of this episode without a doubt, hopefully she can go on a roll now, her runway was stunning.
Manila was great in the challenge but her runway wasn’t anything special to me, I haven’t really felt any of her runways so far tbh.
Trinity and Valentina are definitely not comedy queens are they? Poor souls, they both suck at trying to be intentionally funny, but they’re two of the more charismatic and entertaining queens of the season, both of their runways stunned though, but then that’s expected, they always turn out looks.

Naomi needs to go home next, even though her Prince look was exceptional, she’s just a complete and utter dud this series, she’s way out of her depth.
Old 12-01-2019, 12:33 PM #16

Monique must've won magic.powers with her 10k last week. Seeing as how she was clearly seen running off backstage then teleporting behind the other girls when Lady B said "look behind you".
zrc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 12:37 PM #17
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrc View Post
Monique must've won magic.powers with her 10k last week. Seeing as how she was clearly seen running off backstage then teleporting behind the other girls when Lady B said "look behind you".
She’s not even there when they turn around dndndn a messy edit!

Old 12-01-2019, 12:39 PM #18
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

I'm GAGGED at the ending. The non-elimination was bull****, but I didn't want to see any of those queens go home. Everything from the top two being announced to the eliminated queens returning was great. The deliberation was genuinely suspenseful because I had no idea who either Monet or Manilla would pick to go home. Also, kudos to the editors making it seem like the bottom two queens were going to lip-sync during last week's preview. The fact the runway theme was Angelic White and the eliminated queens were Devilish Red/Black was the cherry on top.

I enjoyed the challenge, despite most of the queens bombing it. Valentina was unintentionally hilarious and one of Naomi's jokes genuinely made me alol (the rest of her performance was cringeworthy). Trinity's performance was the worst, for me. Monique could've been great but she became too entwined with her character. Monet was fine though she seemed a bit rushed, but I put this down to nerves (her runway this episode was amazing, though. In fact most of the runway looks were). Manila was objectively the best, but these challenges tend to have a way of utilising editing to make viewers believe someone was funnier than they were. I'd rather watch someone crash and burn in these instances, as neither Manila and Monet made me laugh. However, I get why they were top two (before any basic comes for me).

Can't wait to see what happens next episode. The format seems like it's going to be a lip-sync tournament of some sort, which they may or may not have stolen from everyone's speculation of what AS3's comeback twist would be. Regardless, I don't see any of the eliminated queens making a lasting impression if they return. I personally want to see Jasmine or Farrah return because I really like them both. Gia is a good source of drama, but she'll sour and get boring fast. It'll be good to see what drama she creates next episode, but anything more than that will be too much. Latrice I cba with already. The self-righteousness with Monique is obnoxious, but we'll see what happens there.

Last edited by Braden; 12-01-2019 at 06:39 PM.
Braden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 12:46 PM #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
She’s not even there when they turn around dndndn a messy edit!
Indeed she wasn't. Not like its the first time they've snafu'd with editing. Like Willam's float in S4 when she's gluing her faces on, or folks being in the workroom when they hadn't made their entrance yet.

Last edited by zrc; 12-01-2019 at 12:47 PM.
Old 12-01-2019, 02:11 PM #20
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron

Keen on the off-the-top-of-their-head-twist. The final 6 seem kinda nasty. V is my fave atm and she was probs about to get chucked out too.
Old 12-01-2019, 03:09 PM #21
Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria

Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria

This was a good episode but it's left me feeling a tad unoptimistic/disheartened about this season because it basically proved they're not gonna send any of the fan favourite queens home until they've got rid of Monique and Monet, even when the latter two do far better the other 3. Putting Monique in the bottom 4 was such a reach considering she was miles better than the other 3 who barely got one laugh between them.

Also that skinny comedian woman annoyed me too, her advice really wasn't that helpful and was blatantly obvious - "write jokes and pick the best ones x" well duhhhh! Also her criticising Monique for 'only taking the advice that she found useful' was incredibly dumb considering why would anyone take advice that wasn't useful to them?

Anyway the ending had me screaming, Monet's shade at the Trixie/Shangela thing followed by the fake-out mirror reveal and Monique randomly disappearing. Excited for Jasmine to get another ep in And here for more Gia messiness. I wonder if any of them will actually return though, it's clear they were all cast as filler to let the popular queens still left in make it further, so not sure how that will work.

EDIT: Oh and I think Monet should've won that lip-sync solely as well. Manila was great but, similar to BenDeLa, she's won so many times that all her gimmicks/lip-sync tricks have been done already and they're starting to blend into one for me. That's not to say they're not still good because she's ****ing amazing and it will be a travesty if anyone else but her wins this season, but yeah Monet embodied that song much better IMO.

Last edited by Headie; 12-01-2019 at 03:11 PM.
Headie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 03:23 PM #22

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB15: Katie Price

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB15: Katie Price

That episode was kinda lacklustre. As has been said, the roasts weren’t great, I only liked Manila.

I’m also really not liking Monet and Monique on a personal level.

I also really hate when eliminated queens come back but that seems to be an AS staple now.
TomC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 03:27 PM #23
Banned

Banned

I'd have sent Naomi home tbh, bitch has been coasting while everyone else has had a win at this point. I was expecting a return twist but how they did it was a surprise, I'm just hoping we don't end up losing a frontrunner for Gia ****ing Gunn.

If lip sync for your life returns then Latrice is a lock to return, I feel since she's one of the best lipsyncers they've ever had. Although I love her, I'm willing to lose Valentina at this point and Naomi can just leave tbh but I think Monique's probably gonna become the victim of this twist, sadly >/3.

If she does go though, I can't complain as I feared she'd be a week one boot because I assumed she didn't have enough time for a glo-up although I'm glad I was wrong.

I liked all the runways this week, Monique's was the worst but it wasn't bad at all. I don't get the hate for Manilla's look. I thought it was great. Money and Trinity were the top toots thought.

The challenge was a choice and the top 2 was correct as was the decision for them both to win.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 06:34 PM #24
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

I'm still confused by:

"Latrice has been safe all competition but Monet won once, so she has to go."
"Naomi has been safe all competition and even though Valentina won once, she has to go."

from the Monique/Monet/Trinity perspective...

Quote:

Old 12-01-2019, 06:53 PM #25

Better to be safe than yo yoing from good to bad every week.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
as4, discussion, ep5, spoilers