Notices

International Big Brother Big Brother around the world!

Old 14-01-2019, 07:32 PM #76
Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Inactive

Favourites (more):

This is officially the best eviction interview in BB history:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Headie; 14-01-2019 at 07:49 PM.
Headie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-01-2019, 03:39 PM #77
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

I've almost finished the season, gonna post my season thoughts/cast rankings after I'm done!
Old 15-01-2019, 03:48 PM #78
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Mary J Blige sending the finalists a personalised video message
Old 16-01-2019, 01:30 AM #79
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

So I've finished the Star Game season and here are my long-winded thoughts/rankings (spoilers, obviously):

Spoiler:

1. GOLDIE - Oh my lord, what an absolutely fascinating woman. It's so sad to hear that she passed away a year after the show, but I'll focus more on the joy and entertainment she brought during her amazing time in the house. From only the third day, she was already screaming the house down in her beauty mask and yelling at others not to treat her the way they would treat some of the other housemates. Right from the start she was disliked by her fellow housemates because they didn't like her cooking and thought it was disgusting that her fake eyelashes were falling into her food prep She was also involved in possibly the best showmance break-up in Big Brother history (eat your heart out Chiggy) and her weekly meltdowns overs Prezzo were a scream to watch. I can only describe Goldie and Prezzo's relationship as the African version of Chanelle and Ziggy, except much more polarising Her obsession with Prezzo was actually really unhealthy but my lord it made for amazing tv. I mean she literally THREW UP because he said they were good friends instead of romantically involved Of course they ended up getting back together when Zainab was ejected and no other females in their right mind would go anywhere near his ugly ass, and they continued to be on and off for the rest of the series, ultimately culminating in the host asking Goldie and Prezzo if they would SELF EVICT to save the other, with Goldie answering yes straight away and Prezzo reluctantly saying yes after being pressured into it on live tv, clearly not wanting to say yes But none of that mattered because the host said it was up to Africa to decide and that Goldie had the least votes. She survived a couple of evictions and managed to last 10 weeks which was amazing, but she really should've been in the final and you definitely noticed the series dip in quality once she was no longer there. Her final highlights episode being a break-up between her and Prezzo because she refused to look for the ring that he'd given to her which he wanted back before the eviction, so she told him to find it himself and after he messed all her stuff up she went upstairs and emptied his entire packed bags on to the floor <333 And she also gave one of the best eviction interviews ever and almost collapsed when she saw that Keitta had nominated her because 'how could he do that to her when they are both from west Africa AND she cooked for him EVERY DAY???'
[IMG][/IMG]

It's such a shame to hear she's no longer with us, and in typical Goldie fashion her death still seems to be a mystery to this day Her music was actually pretty good as well, and I loved when they would play it into the house and she would be filled with so much joy <3 before giving the other housemates an hour long explanation behind the choice of each lyrics to each of her songs I'm very glad I watched this season if only for her alone <3

2. ZAINAB - I was briefly familiar with Zainab before I started the series because we've all see her get slapped to the moon and back on YouTube before, but I didn't realise just how amazing she was actually going to be as a housemate. She had a very short temperament but her calm and raspy voice didn't make her come off as too aggressive or intimidating, and she was mostly righteous in all her arguments too. Her deciding she was just gonna shave all her hair off after she took her wig out because she couldn't be bothered maintaining her natural hair <3 She was very flirtatious with alot of the guys and the fact that Prezzo dumped Goldie for her only for her to decide she wasn't actually that interested in Prezzo other than for a quick night of fun was a scream <3 I really wish she hadn't been ejected, or at least wish the fight had happened later in the series so we could've seen more of her. But "SLAP ME NOW BISH" will forever remain iconic so I thank her for that <3

3. LADY MAY - It's nice to know that, even in Africa, the 3rd Place Queen curse is still a thing <3 Such an intriguing and unique character, I knew right from her launch night VT and interview where she practically sang everything she had to say that she was going to be amazing <3 And then she showed up to the first morning exercise class in her pink heels and I instantly fell in love. If I knew anything about how to do EDGIC then I'd love to see what hers looks like because her airtime seemed so inconsistent. One week the whole storyline would be 'god Lady May is so annoying she's always excluding herself from the group and throwing tantrums!!!' and the next it would be 'Lady May has been really quiet this week she hasn't really done anything'. Her relationship with Goldie also seemed to switch every week, with them being best friends one week then hating each others guts the next <3 She would get the most noms almost every week though so clearly in the weeks where they glossed over her she was still being her eccentric self <3 When all the housemates had to give a speech to Africa as to why they should vote for them as the winner, Lady May of course did a massive song and dance about it (literally) and spent her whole 4 minutes rolling around the floor and making strange noises <333 And then in her exit interview it was randomly revealed that she was a superfan who had tried out for the show numerous times before, even though she had been asked this series as a celebrity housemate and on launch night she said she was only going in the house for exposure and didn't care if she left after one week Her and Janette were definitely the only thing worth watching post-Goldie though but that doesn't make her any less amazing <3

4. JUNIA - YAH! YAH! When she showed up on launch night with her high pitch squeaky voice I though omg she's gonna be so annoying... and I was right lol but oh my god was she a pleasure to watch <3 Her hatemance with Keagan was a scream and it saddens me that he made it all the way and she didn't. I was SO happy when she got the most public votes to move to Upville as I genuinely thought she was a goner and that was it. And it was only fitting Keagan ended up moving the same night with her Her fights and arguments were brilliant to watch and she was really entertaining at her best. I won't lie, she did simmer down a little bit once she moved to Upville but nonetheless she was still great. The fact that she kissed about 6 different guys whilst on the show was a scream too, and I lowkey think her fight with Keagan where she throws baking trays and pot water over him whilst yelling "YAH, YAH! YOU'RE NOT MY DAD!" was my favourite fight of the series Especially as it happened a day after slap gate where all housemates were warned that violence wouldn't be tolerated lmao

5. MANETA - When she was nominated in the first week, I actually wanted Hilda to move to Upville, with Maneta as second choice. So when Maneta moved instead and Hilda went home I was a tad disappointed. But Maneta did NOT disappoint and ended up arguing with pretty much every man that stepped foot in Upville, until she eventually SNAPPED with her countryman and sworn enemy Roki and tried blinding him with bleach I definitely felt her ejection as Upville went a little quiet after she left but she really was a great housemate and honestly it was worth it <3
6. BARBZ - I really loved Barbz, she was so calm and collected and was really dignified throughout the entire series. She handled Prezzo's constant abuse of her really well also seemed pretty close to Goldie too, so it was a shame Goldie chose Prezzo over her but Barbz carried herself with pride and it really showed. A very classy lady and a great individual to root for during the season.

7. JANETTE - I was really confused in the early stages of the series because SO many people from Downville kept complaining about how annoying Janette was, but we almost never saw footage of her being annoying or actually doing anything, other than the Junia-Malonza-Janette love triangle. I assumed they were all bitching about her behind her back out of jealousy but OH MY LORD the second she got moved into Upville I saw exactly why she annoyed everyone and it was honestly glorious <333 She was a drunken mess and most of the housemates clocked that her 'drunk' state was usually put on as she barely drank anything She was SUCH a fangirl of Goldie and the other celebs and it was a scream watching them be freaked out by her swooning over them everytime she saw them. She even started copying Goldie's looks by wearing one of her used blonde wigs for most of the second half of the series And somehow this pint-sized princess ended up going 84 days without ever facing eviction <333 Until she was finally ousted a week before the final </3 She definitely helped keep the post-Goldie era alive along with Lady May
8. ESPERANCA - We always hate when people threaten to quit every ep but my word Esperanca managed to make it SO entertaining. She requested to leave on Day 4 but was guilt tripped into staying by her partner Seydou (who only wanted her to stay because if she left then he'd have to leave too) and then randomly won a weekly task and had a change of heart, but constantly argued with her partner and then spent her final week wanting to leave every episode, deciding in her penultimate episode that she would stay until the eviction, and then walking out in her final episode a day before the eviction <3 Her diary room rants were a scream too

9. TAMARA - I LOVED watching her arguments with her sister Talia, I found her far more interesting and would've liked to see her in Upville

10. EDITH - I enjoyed watching Edith, you could tell she was strong-minded and had an assertive but not overpowering attitude. Preferred her to her sister although both made a pretty equal impact on me.
11. EVE - Same as Edith, I enjoyed both her and her sister and would've liked to see them make it to Upville.
12. TALIA - You know how every series of BB has that one girl that is nice, inoffensive and makes it to the final week by just being the girl nextdoor? Well that was Talia, except she had additional moments that made her more than just the nice girl finalist. Her constant fights with her sister Tamara were great to watch. And her staying faitfhul to Seydou the WHOLE series after his early exit, only to throw it all away in the last seven days of the show by hooking up with bloody Keagan of all people and getting pretty intense with him every night was such a mess. But she DRAGGED Prezzo for filth in the final week and I thank her for that as he deserved to be clocked for his nastiness towards her.
13. HILDA - Wasn't sure whether to put Hilda this high or not but ended up doing so, even if she was first out. She had a great first week and I think if Maneta hadn't have had such a good week too then she would've made it to Upville over her. I still wish they put the top two vote getters into Upville to start with as she was only a couple votes behind Maneta when it came down to it. Her arguments and general assertiveness in week one was great.
14. MAMPI - I liked Mampi at times and found her quite tedious at other times, however in the grand scheme of things she did bring some good entertainment to the show. Plus her fight with DKB was iconic. Out of the nominees at the time though, she was the right person to be evicted when she was.

15. JESICA - Now we're getting into the 'meh' category. Jesica was nice and I did like her when she was shown, but other than her short-lived showmance with Luke I can't really remember anything else she did. I was scared she would make it into Upville over Junia but thankfully Africa picked the right Namibian <3
16. KEITTA - I'm supposed to root for him because he's from my country but he was a pretty neutral and inoffensive character throughout the series. He was my favourite male but with this cast that really wasn't hard, and I often found myself wanting him to go out of the list of nominees whenever he was nominated (the two times he survived over Eve/Edith and Barbz were the only decisions up to that point in time where I felt Africa had voted wrongly)
17. DALPHIN - A nice girl, wasn't shown too much but I enjoyed her DR sessions with Zainab.
18. OLA - Quite liked him from what I can remember, was a shame he had to quit due to health reasons. Him pulling a Tanisha Thomas and waking everyone up with pots and pans and singing was quite funny, but I could see it getting tedious if he had stayed and done it loads.
19. LEE - Another inoffensive male, I quite liked him, definitely more than his partner, although I did want Keagan in upville instead of him just because he brought nothing to the show whatsoever and I wanted more Junia vs Keagan fights.
20. TECLAR - She was Maneta's sister, and Maneta missed her alot and would always ask the new Upvillers whethere Teclar was with them <3 She seemed really disappointed when she was evicted first as well, but other than that I literally can't tell you anything else about her.
21. MILDRED - She was such a letdown as her VT was so promising. Pretty much invisible in the edit during her entire stay but then randomly refused to show up on stage to find out if she had been voted into Upville or if she'd been evicted, and didn't have an eviction interview all because she was pissed that BB refused to deliver the hair she'd asked for until the day of the eviction lmao <3 So for that she can be this high. Also she created this song which I've actually heard so she gets points for that too. Surprised they didn't throw her in Upville tbh if she had a few hits in Ghana.
22. YADEL - An invisibly nice girl
23. ALEX - A nice guy but got a bit too cliquey with the Downvillers when the houses merged
24. MALONZA - Similar to Alex, but gets props for hooking up with Junia and Janette <3 Was a tad irritating at times tho
25. CHRIS - Gone too soon to make an impression, but felt sorry for him having to leave because of Ola. Seemed nice.
26. NAFE - Pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of things
27. LUKE - Irrelevant but had a showmance with Jesica which surprisingly didn't keep him in the show.
28. JULIO - Most irrelevant/invisible housemate of the series.

29. WATI - A tragic alcoholic who was very lucky to make it as far as he did and seemed to survive only because of his funky haircuts. Also got Janette voted out and was besties with Keagan so yeah, not a fan.
30. KYLE - Ugh, this irrelevant fool was literally so unimportant to the show and the storylines, yet managed to survive like 5 evictions against some massive characters and I still have no idea why. Was also really cliquey with the Downvillers and ended up saving Keagan from nomination even though Keagan had put him up like twice. He was also convinced that he was gonna win so lol, next.
31. SEYDOU - Was pretty manipulative with the women in the house, particularly Esperanca and Talia, and didn't care at all or his partners feelings even though she wanted to leave numerous times. She got the last laugh though by quitting weeks into the show and forcing him to leave even though he wanted to stay and be with Talia more lmao <3 And then Talia ended up hooking up with Keagan for the final week so yeah
32. KEAGAN - I knew a man would win because this is Africa but dear lord why did it have to be him instead of one of the inoffensive ones??? I can only describe him as the African version of Bear and I really didn't enjoy him during the season. But without him I don't think Junia would've shone as much as she did so I'm grateful for that I guess. And he stuck up for Talia against Prezzo too which was good I suppose, even if she just wanted a shag off her as a thank you. If there hadn't been so many ejections already I would like to think he'd have been kicked out for breaking the rules so much, especially as he just didnt have any remorse for having the house punished repeatedly at all. Oh well at least he prevented a Prezzo win.
33. DKB - I'm ashamed to say he's from my country lol. What a tragic, aggressive, misogynistic man. He talked down to almost every woman in there and, as well all know, even slapped one of them. Although ironically, the slap fight was the one fight where he would've actually had a justified argument but ended up invalidating all that by hitting Zainab. He may have took down Zainab but at least his ejection was enjoyable.
34. ROKI - What a terrible, antagonistic man he was. Smutty, ignorant, creepy, nasty guy. Enjoyed seeing him almost get blinded by Maneta and getting ejected after thinking he was untouchable.
35. PREZZO - Quite possibly one of the worst housemates I've ever witnessed. Ziggy on an overdose of African steroids. Emotionally manipulative, antagonistic, bullying, goading, vile troll. He treated Goldie like ****. He treated Talia like ****. He treated Barbz like ****. Literally any woman that came near him he treated like ****. He even managed to make DKB seem somewhat righteous when arguing with him. A terrible alcoholic who didn't deserve to make the final two. He pretty much only finished that high too because alot of the other big characters he was associated with ended up being evicted and he picked up all their followings votes. Luckily I'll never have to see his face again. Vamos!

Overall I really enjoyed the series and am definitely glad I watched it. The fights were great to watch and I made a point of watching the uncensored/uncut clips that people had uploaded on to youtube because alot of stuff from the fights was actually omitted in some cases. But yeah, I'm glad I found copies of this show and I'm looking forward to uploading and watching what I have of other seasons too
Old 16-01-2019, 01:44 AM #80
In my nice era

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tia Kofi
DOI 2020: Ben Hanlin

In my nice era

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tia Kofi
DOI 2020: Ben Hanlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post

*BB makes a statement to all housemates that violence will not be tolerated in the house whatsoever*

One episode later:

Lmao
was that water from the hob?
Old 16-01-2019, 01:56 AM #81
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

"Slap me nnnooOoOoOwWwWw!!!!" and "Don't poosh me, *ASS* FACE!!!" have both entered my daily lexicon so we love Zainab goddess.
Old 16-01-2019, 01:58 AM #82
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Also jesus christ am I really going to attempt to make an edgic chart for 35 people this summer? What are you doing to me Hayden
Old 16-01-2019, 04:12 AM #83
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot View Post
Also jesus christ am I really going to attempt to make an edgic chart for 35 people this summer? What are you doing to me Hayden
Lol this is why I've never understood why UK fans have always been so desperate for two houses.

Most of the series was spent focusing on the main Upville housemates because the Downville house was too crowded to get to know anyone other than a core group of characters.

It's not as bad as it sounds tbf they get rid of like 3 people every week and there's like 8 ejectees/walkers altogether
Old 16-01-2019, 04:49 AM #84
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

A fights compilation coming to youtube?

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-01-2019, 03:17 PM #85
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece(: View Post
A fights compilation coming to youtube?
Maybe

Old 16-01-2019, 03:55 PM #86
haunted

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
Love Island 3: Marino

haunted

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
Love Island 3: Marino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
Mary J Blige sending the finalists a personalised video message

Spoiler:

montblanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-01-2019, 01:25 PM #87
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

I've just found the missing episodes for Series 6 so can upload that series in full now too I've also found All Stars (series 5) in full so that'll be getting uploaded too! As well as the first 10 weeks of Series 8.

I'm so excited
Old 19-01-2019, 02:31 PM #88
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

I've now uploaded the majority of Series 6 as well

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...BXWIhfY76tfkN2
Old 20-01-2019, 07:43 PM #89
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Welp, as if Goldie's 'mystery illness' death wasn't mysterious enough, it turns out she had a SECRET HUSBAND whilst she was on the show which only came to light after he death, and they'd been married for nearly 10 years Even though she was apparently rumoured to be getting married to Prezzo after they made up outside the house.

http://thenationonlineng.net/goldie-...andrew-harvey/

https://www.facebook.com/notes/hope-...2787215755963/

Honestly this woman was a truly wonderful enigma, we really didn't deserve her!

Last edited by Headie; 20-01-2019 at 07:54 PM.
Headie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-01-2019, 10:52 PM #90
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

After utilising a free trial on one of those file sharing sites that archives like everything, I now have Series 7, Series 8, Series 9 and South Africa Series 3 in FULL on my drive, including some live feed episodes as well! And they're all in really good quality, especially the South Africa one!

I'll do my best to get them uploaded on to YouTube for everyone (Series 7 is already on there in full, as is most of Series 6 and the latter half of Series 5) but seeing as they're such good quality copies I wouldn't be surprised if they get blocked. Worth a try though, hopefully they won't as so far none of my uploads have been blocked unless it's to do with music usage
Old 22-01-2019, 10:59 PM #91
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

Why was she married to Ronnie from BBUS?

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-01-2019, 11:28 PM #92
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece(: View Post
Why was she married to Ronnie from BBUS?
How you gonna do the good sis Goldie like that

Old 25-01-2019, 10:07 PM #93
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Just started series 8 now (I loosely followed this series through online clips when it aired but don't remember much from it other than the final 3). This cast is alot more diverse than the last series so I hope they deliver

"Are my teeth ugly?"
"They are not ugly oh... there are just better ones"

Old 25-01-2019, 10:32 PM #94
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Mess they made them do nominations on Day 1 and everyone keeps getting the names of their nominees wrong
Old 26-01-2019, 05:47 PM #95
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Oh btw I'm uploading Season 9 on to Google Drive which I'll post a link to when it's done. I'll also upload South Africa 3 and Season 8 to Google Drive too at some point although I'll have to make separate accounts.

Eventually I'll get them all uploaded to Youtube but gonna have to remove alot of copyrighted clips from eps.
Old 26-01-2019, 05:49 PM #96
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

And yes I realise no one cares and I'm doing all this uploading for nothing, but one day you'll appreciate me!

Old 26-01-2019, 06:56 PM #97
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

sis *I* care! I have SA3 on my hard drive and have no clue when I'll watch it Emmett from BBCan made an appearance, that's all I know.
Old 26-01-2019, 07:06 PM #98
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot View Post
sis *I* care! I have SA3 on my hard drive and have no clue when I'll watch it Emmett from BBCan made an appearance, that's all I know.
Glad to see I'm not the only one who has a hard drive with a bunch of useless **** on it And I remember them showing a clip of Emmett during one of the BBCan sideshows, I can't wait to see the reasoning for why he was on the show lmao
Old 26-01-2019, 09:21 PM #99
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

I've now finished uploading Series 9: Hotshots on to Google Drive:

Big Brother Africa: Hotshots (Series 9)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...oB?usp=sharing