Notices

Tech, Movies & Video Games Discuss technology, movies and video games here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-04-2019, 03:33 PM #1
ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard

ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard

Default Every Pokemon game ranked worst to best

because there's a new one coming soon and I saw someone else do this, so thought id copy. There isn't really such a thing as a 'bad' pokemon game tbh but for the sake of the list im just ranking them on how good I think they are overall.

I'm not a big video game player and the Pokemon series is the only game franchise thats really interested me over the years. So heres my little run down and opinions on them all..

Spoiler:

15. Red/Blue (1996) & Yellow (1998)

I don't think theres any way these games couldn't be put last. Yes they have a big nostalgia factor for a lot of people, but lbh compared to how the series has evolved over time, these games feel very outdated and old. They were re-released on the 3DS in 2015 and were fun to play and remember the old days of the original 151 Pokemon, but there were a lot of features missing from the games that I found I missed a lot. The major differences are 1) no abilities 2) no gender/gender differences 3) lack of diversity in pokemon 4) the Kanto region is pretty boring looking back and 5) everything is just so much effort!

Thankfully the days of having to teach a Pokemon a HM move in order to cut a bush or surf or fly are long gone, and its in older games like this that remind you just how much of a chore that really was. Another annoying thing about these games is many in-game pokemon can only be obtained by trading (Mr.Mime/Farfech'd/Jynx etc) and once you have them, they have a nickname that cannot be changed. Having to play with a Jynx called 'Lola' was horrible. Also having to catch a certain amount of Pokemon to be given items like the Exp.Share was a nightmare.

The storyline was pretty basic. Beat 8 gym leaders, destroy the villainous teams plans, beat the elite 4 and become champion. But it set the trend for the future generations of games, and with nothing to compare it too at the time, that didn't really matter. I would've ranked the 'sequel' game separately, however 'Yellow' version is pretty much the same as the previous 2, except you start with a Pikachu and can obtain the other 3 starters throughout the game.

These games are lucky they had the anime at its peak to support them, because without peoples nostalgia of the great anime and the interesting characters such as Misty/Brock/Sabrina etc. these games might not have been remembered in the same way.

Either way, they're still great games and fun to play, see all the old sprites and remember life before the future 700+ Pokemon were introduced.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Saph; 15-04-2019 at 03:34 PM.
Saph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
game, pokemon, ranked, worst