Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Tech, Movies & Video Games Discuss technology, movies and video games here.

Old 29-04-2019, 08:02 PM #201
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry. View Post
So Agent Carter tv series would of had to feature Steve if it was still airing lol.
He's too high budget; you'd get a cameo at most (like Samuel L Jackson's 1-minute appearance in Agents of Shield), probably just a couple of mentions or maybe Carter acting like she's talking to him on the phone .
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 08:02 PM #202
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I just added the 'contains spoilers' bit.
Then are we spoiler tagging or not, I'm so confused!
Old 29-04-2019, 08:08 PM #203
-

-

OH another random thought I had:

Cap being able to use Mjolnir. Is it because he's worthy, OR is Mjolnir simply no longer locked to Thor? The "only the worthy" spell was cast by Odin, and might have died with him? Original Mjolnir was destroyed just after Odin's death and no one else has TRIED to lift it since Thor got it back. Maybe anyone (physically strong enough) can lift it now that Odin is gone .
Old 29-04-2019, 08:22 PM #204

Quote:
So Agent Carter tv series would of had to feature Steve if it was still airing lol.
Steve preventing it from getting cancelled this time?
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 11:21 PM #205
In my nice era

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tia Kofi
DOI 2020: Ben Hanlin

In my nice era

Favourites (more):

Also is Harley Keener important in the comics? Like he appeared at the funeral so was he important enough to be there?
Old 29-04-2019, 11:25 PM #206
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
DOI 2020: Maura Higgins

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Also is Harley Keener important in the comics? Like he appeared at the funeral so was he important enough to be there?
He isn't in the comics. He was introduced only for the MCU.
Tony Montana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-04-2019, 11:34 PM #207
In my nice era

Favourites (more):

In my nice era

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post
He isn't in the comics. He was introduced only for the MCU.
Oh. I wonder why they included him in Endgame.
Old 29-04-2019, 11:42 PM #208
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Oh. I wonder why they included him in Endgame.
He developed a very close friendship with Tony in Iron Man 3 and helped him track down the Mandarin's base of operations in Miami.

He may also take up the Iron Man role himself in future films.
Old 29-04-2019, 11:46 PM #209
In my nice era

Favourites (more):

In my nice era

Favourites (more):

Quote:
He developed a very close friendship with Tony in Iron Man 3 and helped him track down the Mandarin's base of operations in Miami.

He may also take up the Iron Man role himself in future films.
I thought he met him in an other country? Need to rewatch Iron man 3.
Old 29-04-2019, 11:49 PM #210
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I thought he met him in an other country? Need to rewatch Iron man 3.
He met him in his hometown of Rose Hill, Tennessee. Tony broke into his house seeking food and shelter.
Old 30-04-2019, 01:11 AM #211
My keyboard is bullocks

Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Samantha
CBBUSA: Mark McGrath

My keyboard is bullocks

Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Samantha
CBBUSA: Mark McGrath

Quote:
He's a MCU only character but the speculation is that he might be Ironlad, given that we have an aged up Cassie and Lila Barton as well we could be seeing the possibility of a Next Avengers movie or Disney + series at least starting to form.

I don't think I see a certain kind of wanker taking too kindly to it because it's going to be 5 girls and 1 boy then probably (If we have Miss Marvel and Shuri to the mix as well)
Nintendo ID (Wii U): BRLNerd
BBfanUSA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-04-2019, 07:23 AM #212
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBfanUSA View Post
He's a MCU only character but the speculation is that he might be Ironlad, given that we have an aged up Cassie and Lila Barton as well we could be seeing the possibility of a Next Avengers movie or Disney + series at least starting to form.

I don't think I see a certain kind of wanker taking too kindly to it because it's going to be 5 girls and 1 boy then probably (If we have Miss Marvel and Shuri to the mix as well)
Cassie Lang is bugging me in Endgame she is blatantly about 5 in Ant man, 8 in Ant Man 2 and then "5 years later" she's about 16 . Wotchu tryna pull here Marvel.
Old 30-04-2019, 04:39 PM #213
-

-

Apparently, Ant-man (when talking about Pimm Particles) says "Scott Pimm" instead of "Hank Pimm". How did that get through the continuity testers?
Old 30-04-2019, 04:41 PM #214
In my nice era

Favourites (more):

In my nice era

Favourites (more):

Seeing it again on Monday.
Old 30-04-2019, 04:42 PM #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
OH another random thought I had:

Cap being able to use Mjolnir. Is it because he's worthy, OR is Mjolnir simply no longer locked to Thor? The "only the worthy" spell was cast by Odin, and might have died with him? Original Mjolnir was destroyed just after Odin's death and no one else has TRIED to lift it since Thor got it back. Maybe anyone (physically strong enough) can lift it now that Odin is gone .
It’s befause he’s worthy.

Now, you can say he always was worthy, but he just didn’t want to steal Thor’s thunder like a true leader so he acted like he wasn’t, or you can say he became worthy after he admitted to Tony about Bucky killing his parents etc.

Last edited by Brother Leon; 30-04-2019 at 04:43 PM.
Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-04-2019, 08:08 PM #216
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Leon View Post
It’s befause he’s worthy.

Now, you can say he always was worthy, but he just didn’t want to steal Thor’s thunder like a true leader so he acted like he wasn’t, or you can say he became worthy after he admitted to Tony about Bucky killing his parents etc.
How do you know, though? No one else has attempted to lift Mjolnir since the death of Odin and destruction of Asgard.
Old 30-04-2019, 08:13 PM #217
-

-

Also speaking of Mjolnir - where has it gone?? Cap left with his shield and the hammer, he came back and gave Falcap the shield but where is Mjolnir? I'm pretty sure Thor left with just Stormbreaker. Did Cap misplace it?

[edit] Never mind I've just realised he probably had to return it to Past Thor when he was returning the reality stone to Asgard, or it would have broken history a bit.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 30-04-2019 at 08:15 PM.
Old 30-04-2019, 11:16 PM #218

Quote:
Well one theory is that he would just be careful and live a quiet life with Peggy, and she would keep it secret.

Second I guess is that The Ancient One implied that the Infinity Stones actively keep the timeline intact so it would be impossible to drastically change any "key moments", as a "fate" of sorts keeps everything more or less on track. They also confirm that predestiny / fate exists in the MCU as The Ancient One already knows who Stephen Strange is (and that he'll be the Sorcerer Supreme), long before he meets her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
The timeline would probably split again but I'm guessing that, since Cap went back AFTER his past self was already in the ice, he couldn't interfere with his own history by being in the past. If Peggy Carter was still where she needed to be in all the events she played a role in then the timeline wouldn't split.
What the directors say.

Quote:
Captain America’s closing scene in Avengers: Endgame has led to a lot of questions from moviegoers who aren’t exactly sure what it means.

The truth is, there are deliberate mysteries built into that sequence, which directors Joe and Anthony Russo suggested are setting up future stories.

Here’s what they can answer now …
***Spoilers Below***

In the end, Steve Rogers goes on a solo trip to restore the Infinity Stones from the other time dimensions to the moment they were taken, thereby bringing them back into alignment with the main timeline.

He also takes Thor’s Mjölnir hammer, though not necessarily as his own weapon. That has to be taken back to The Dark World era to set the timelines straight, too.

But then …he doesn’t come back. At least, not as we know him. He finds Peggy Carter and stays with her.

So, has Cap been living in the past this whole time — or did he go and live in another dimension?

The directors say it’s the latter.

“If Cap were to go back into the past and live there, he would create a branched reality,” Joe explained. “The question then becomes, how is he back in this reality to give the shield away?”

The brothers smile.

“Interesting question, right?” Joe said. “Maybe there’s a story there. There’s a lot of layers built into this movie and we spent three years thinking through it, so it’s fun to talk about it and hopefully fill in holes for people so they understand what we’re thinking.”

There are other questions in this sequence that set up this future story…
Bucky’s Foresight

The Russos confirm — Bucky knew. When Cap was preparing to for the trip, which is only supposed to last a few seconds in the main timeline, his old friend from Brooklyn gives him a surprisingly heavy farewell.

Somehow, he was aware that Cap was going to live in the past, and it’s probably more than just intuition. “Especially when he says goodbye,” Joe explained. “He says, ‘I’ll miss you.’ Clearly he knows something.”

But how? Has Winter Soldier already met with Old Cap at some previous point? It seems the answer is yes.

On the other hand, Joe adds, “Sam doesn’t know something.” Falcon has no idea about Old Cap, which is why The Winter Soldier urges him to go up and talk to the now-elderly Steve Rogers. Bucky already has the answer to the questions Sam is going to ask.

Maybe we’ll get our own answered in the streaming series called Falcon and Winter Soldier which is in the works for the Disney+ service.
“How does it feel?”

That’s what Old Cap asks Falcon after he gives him the vibranium shield.

“Like it’s someone else’s,” Falcon answers.

“It isn’t,” Cap tells him.

Does Rogers mean this as in, “it is yours now,” or is he telling the literal truth? After all, his own shield was shredded by Thanos in the final battle of Endgame.

Let’s spitball the possibilities: Maybe in the timeline where Old Cap has been living the shield he gave Sam actually belonged to that dimension’s Sam Wilson. Based on the chronology, by the time that Sam would have been fighting age, Steve Rogers would already be elderly and probably ready to hand off the mantle.

If so, what became of that Sam, since the shield has now been brought to this timeline?

These are all valid questions, according to the Russos, but we don’t have answers to them yet. All we can tell now is that it seems like the Marvel Studios braintrust have a plan to resolve them down the road.
The Captain’s Wife

Falcon notices the wedding band on Old Cap’s finger and asks if he’ll tell him about her. “No… no, I don’t think I will,” the old man replies.

We know from the final shot of the movie that Cap went back and found Peggy Carter, and we know the Russo brothers say he went to live in a branch timeline, not the prime one.

Still, many fans wonder if this is a misdirect (the Russos are known for that.) Could Steve Rogers have found a way to make the timelines realign? If so, that would allow him to live in the shadows as Peggy’s “secret husband” who has been acknowledged but gone unidentified so far in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

This seems unlikely based on the fact that the Russos said one of the outlying questions is “how is he back in this reality?”

Having him live quietly for decades in the prime reality also creates a lot of paradoxes: Why doesn’t he disrupt Hyrdra’s infiltration of SHIELD sooner? Why doesn’t he warn the Avengers about the coming alien invasion in 2012? Why doesn’t he interfere in all the major tragedies and conflicts that we know about?

Maybe he does do those things, but it would be in the alternate universe. When he politely declines to tell Sam about his wife, it may be a nod to the audience: You don’t get to know any of it either.

Still, maybe we will. Marvel Studios has already broken new ground with interlocked storytelling, so perhaps the next experiment is tiered storytelling — alternate versions of familiar tales.

For instance, the whole “where did Cap go?” question could very well be answered in the animated What If series that Marvel is developing for Disney+, based on something it’s been doing in comics for a while.

The first announced title explores what would happen if Peggy Carter got the super-soldier injection. So … what if that What If world of this show happens to be the one our Steve Rogers from the prime timeline came to inhabit?

Marvel

What if, what if, what if …

At this point, unfortunately, all we can say about What If is “it’s possible” and “who knows?”
From https://ew.com/movies/2019/04/30/ave...ptain-america/

On the subject of nitpicking / plot-holes a question I had was after Hulk uses the Infinity Stones to bring back all the characters how were they able to organise themselves so quickly to come back as a group for the battle with Thanos. It was only about 15 minutes or so after they all came back into existence.
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-04-2019, 11:53 PM #219
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post

On the subject of nitpicking / plot-holes a question I had was after Hulk uses the Infinity Stones to bring back all the characters how were they able to organise themselves so quickly to come back as a group for the battle with Thanos. It was only about 15 minutes or so after they all came back into existence.
They come into existence exactly where they were at the point of disappearing almost as though it never happened, so the armies of Wakanda etc. just reappear on the battlefield already geared up and mid-battle... Same for the characters who dusted like (most of) the guardians, Dr Strange, Spiderman etc.

From the various aerial shots of the battle (especially when bombardment starts) we can see that there are quite a few of Strange's people in the mix so really all that needed to happen was;

- They get undusted
- Strange portals his group back to earth
- He gathers his wizard army
- They portal to Wakanda / Asgard Village etc.
- They open portals between those places and Avengers HQ and shout "The battle's over here now let's go!"

So in theory it could be done pretty quickly. A lot of them are already geared up and ready to go...

MY main issues with the undusting are;

1) Wtf happens if you were in a plane or something when the snap happened?

2) It's been 5 years with a global population of 3.5 billion. Food production etc will have massively decreased... Houses will have been taken over or even demolished... Now the population is suddenly 7 billion again. Wtf are they going to do?

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 03-05-2019 at 01:43 PM.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:42 PM #220
-

-

Rewatched OG Avengers;

----------------------

Steve Rogers:
Big man in a suit of armor. Take that off, what are you?

Tony Stark:
Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist.

Steve Rogers:
I know guys with none of that worth ten of you. I've seen the footage. The only thing you really fight for is yourself. You're not the guy to make the sacrifice play, to lay down on a wire and let the other guy crawl over you.

Tony Stark:
I think I would just cut the wire.

Steve Rogers:
Always a way out. You know, you may not be a threat, but you'd better stop pretending to be a hero.

----------------

Old 05-05-2019, 05:26 PM #221
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
The film has already grossed $1.2 billion in just 5 days I can definitely see it beating Avatar's record.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48084977
The film has now grossed more than 2 billion worldwide in just a week, surpassing Titanic. It's the fastest film to have crossed 2 billion in just 11 days, beating Avatar's previous record of 47 days. I'm 100% certain it will surpass Avatar now.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/5/18...lion-worldwide
Old 05-05-2019, 05:26 PM #222
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Rewatched OG Avengers;

----------------------

Steve Rogers:
Big man in a suit of armor. Take that off, what are you?

Tony Stark:
Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist.

Steve Rogers:
I know guys with none of that worth ten of you. I've seen the footage. The only thing you really fight for is yourself. You're not the guy to make the sacrifice play, to lay down on a wire and let the other guy crawl over you.

Tony Stark:
I think I would just cut the wire.

Steve Rogers:
Always a way out. You know, you may not be a threat, but you'd better stop pretending to be a hero.

----------------

Old 07-05-2019, 10:32 PM #223
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

In a way, the Defenders series' ended in the right place, if Disney ever revive them, they can pick the stories up in the time after Endgame
Scarlett. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 10:33 PM #224
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

I hope this overtakes Avatar

Spoiler:

LukeB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 10:35 PM #225
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeB View Post
I hope this overtakes Avatar
Same. If there's one film that deserves to beat it, it's Endgame.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
avengers, debut, endgame, spoilers, trailer