Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 07-07-2018, 01:39 PM   #26
GoldHeart

Favourites (more):
BB19: Akeem
IAC2018: Fleur East
CBB21: Shane Lynch
Strictly 2017: Alexandra Burke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
Out of interest have you ever felt guilty about something when you’re not - I know I have. You feel some people think you are and almost believe it yourself except you know you’re not. Coincidence often gets misconstrued by those with an agenda.
But it's such a serious horrible crime to be accused of , the point I'm making is the police must of had some lead ?! . I don't know what to make of the whole thing . I keep thinking about the poor babies .
Old 08-07-2018, 02:51 PM   #27
jaxie

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

You read and hear of lots of horrible crimes but it's cases like this I find hardest to understand, even where wrong doing is proved you think surely not because it seems to unbelievable that anyone would set out to hurt babies.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 02:58 PM   #28
jaxie

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
If she is eventually found innocent of any wrongdoing, there will always be some people who have the IQ of a peanut that do not keep abreast of current affairs who will know that she has been accused of this but not that she has been cleared.

If she is eventually found innocent of any wrongdoing, there will always also be some people who KNOW that she has been cleared but do not accept it because 'There Is No Smoke Without Fire' in their minds.

Anonymity, until proved guilty in a Court of Law, is THE only way to protect an innocent person from both categories of the above.

And innocent people who have been WRONGLY accused of such heinous crimes NEED protecting.
I agree they shouldn't name names. Remember the poor guy who was named and photo'd all over the press for the murder of Rachel Nickell in front of her toddler? He was tried by press, hounded, the police tried to get him with a honey trap and it turned out that it had nothing to do with him. Poor man. Being a bit weird isn't a crime.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 05:35 PM   #29
GoldHeart

Favourites (more):
BB19: Akeem
IAC2018: Fleur East
CBB21: Shane Lynch
Strictly 2017: Alexandra Burke

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
You read and hear of lots of horrible crimes but it's cases like this I find hardest to understand, even where wrong doing is proved you think surely not because it seems to unbelievable that anyone would set out to hurt babies.
Exactly, and it isn't just one baby she's accused of harming or killing ( which would still be horrible) , but 8 BABIES!!! . And it only seems to be her they've accused , they must of had a serious suspicion about her ! .
Old 12-06-2019, 09:51 PM   #30
LaLaLand

She was rearrested a few days ago, three new potential attempted murders...

Quote:
A nurse has been rearrested by police investigating the deaths of babies at the Countess of Chester Hospital's neo-natal unit.

Lucy Letby was first arrested in July last year on suspicion of the murder of eight babies and the attempted murder of another six.

She has now been rearrested in connection with the attempted murder of three additional babies, police said.

Cheshire Police are probing the deaths of 17 infants between 2015 and 2016.

The force launched an investigation two years ago and officers are also investigating 16 non-fatal collapses at the neonatal unit during the same period of March 2015 to July 2016.

Ms Letby, originally from Hereford, had been on bail since July after her home in Chester was searched by police.

A spokesman for the Countess of Chester Hospital said it was "co-operating fully" with the investigation.

Det Insp Paul Hughes said the investigation was "extremely challenging" and that parents of all the babies were being kept fully updated.

"We fully appreciate that it continues to have a big impact on all those involved - including the families of the babies, staff and patients at the hospital as well as members of the public," he said.

"This is an extremely difficult time for all the families and it is important to remember that, at the heart of this, there are a number of bereaved families seeking answers as to what happened to their children."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...yside-48580787
LaLaLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2019, 03:15 AM   #31
bitontheslide

Favourites:
BB19: Sian

i don't understand why she was allowed out. Those are serious crimes she is charged with
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
arrested, babies, chester, hospitalhealthcare, murdering, suspicion, worker