Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 14-06-2019, 01:42 PM #26
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
The kids are not dying in the tent cities, they are taken to hospital when they come unwell.....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pbs...since-december
Oooh, that makes their deaths okay then, they are getting ill and aren't getting the care they need where they are detained but at least they get the privilege of dying in a hospital instead of the squalor the border patrol have them living in.

Quote:
https://edition-m.cnn.com/2018/07/10....google.com%2F

I'm not sure what part the trump administration isn't upholding dezzy...nor why you would think and claim that I see 2 4 and 6 yr old kids as enemy combatants...That sounds as silly as it looked in your post.
The part that I've mentioned several times but you keep ignoring since you don't have an answer for it. Quality of life is an issue, these kids aren't dropping dead just because and plus they are entitled to an education and legal aid which the government are cutting funding too, again. I've said this before.

As for the other thing you said, this is a quote of yours.

Quote:
Just tell me what they should do cause I am all ears...you can't put them.all together because I'm "assuming" that may incite some murders amongst eachother....so what, what should they do?
Tell me, why do you assume they'd kill each other? Do kids typically resort to murder if put together? No, they do not so why would these migrant children murder each other at the drop of a hat? Explain your thought process to me because it just looks like you're dehumanising them and making them out to be a danger when they're just kids trying to get to safety. When you consider someone a danger to you, you begin to consider them an enemy.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-06-2019, 01:53 PM #27
-

-

Honestly I don't know how anyone can even attempt to justify something like this. Can it even be debated? The mindset required to even for a moment think that it's appropriate to house anyone - let alone children - in an ex internment camp is so twisted that it's like arguing against a brick wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
I never understand those berating parents for wanting a better life for their kids. I know I would do it, if in the situation, and fairly sure near all others would too. No way is someone going to sit and think 'well my kids couldhave a decent education, be safer and looked after etc, however the people in that country would not be happy so of course I won't go'
It's a bizarre slice of cognitive dissonance... the idea that parents seeking a better existence for their children in a wealthier country are somehow acting immorally. Is there anything less immoral than risking your liberty, and your life, for a better life for your family??

But of course as I say cognitive dissonance because we all know that the people who are firmly against people from elsewhere doing this, would be first in line at the docks if the UK somehow became a warzone. Yet people actually deny this flat out. "No I'd stay in my home and starve because it's the right thing to do " - or - "Well I'd go but I'd stop at the first safe country even if it was a freezng cold, dirty, temporary camp!". Utter BS.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 14-06-2019 at 01:54 PM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-06-2019, 01:59 PM #28
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Honestly I don't know how anyone can even attempt to justify something like this. Can it even be debated? The mindset required to even for a moment think that it's appropriate to house anyone - let alone children - in an ex internment camp is so twisted that it's like arguing against a brick wall.

It's a bizarre slice of cognitive dissonance... the idea that parents seeking a better existence for their children in a wealthier country are somehow acting immorally. Is there anything less immoral than risking your liberty, and your life, for a better life for your family??

But of course as I say cognitive dissonance because we all know that the people who are firmly against people from elsewhere doing this, would be first in line at the docks if the UK somehow became a warzone. Yet people actually deny this flat out. "No I'd stay in my home and starve because it's the right thing to do " - or - "Well I'd go but I'd stop at the first safe country even if it was a freezng cold, dirty, temporary camp!". Utter BS.
Yep, it's ludicrous. I'd like a show of hands for all those who wouldn't try and leave a war torn/massively poor country in search of a better future for their kids and themselves

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-06-2019, 02:09 PM #29
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

Objectively speaking, it's no different to locking them in a disused summer camp. They have beds, facilities for eating and washing, some Japanese internment camps even had schooling provisions.

Where else would you suggest they're put? The foster system is already overburdened. Should they be turned out onto the streets? Sent back to Mexico?

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-06-2019, 02:12 PM #30

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Oooh, that makes their deaths okay then, they are getting ill and aren't getting the care they need where they are detained but at least they get the privilege of dying in a hospital instead of the squalor the border patrol have them living in.

The part that I've mentioned several times but you keep ignoring since you don't have an answer for it. Quality of life is an issue, these kids aren't dropping dead just because and plus they are entitled to an education and legal aid which the government are cutting funding too, again. I've said this before.

As for the other thing you said, this is a quote of yours.

Tell me, why do you assume they'd kill each other? Do kids typically resort to murder if put together? No, they do not so why would these migrant children murder each other at the drop of a hat? Explain your thought process to me because it just looks like you're dehumanising them and making them out to be a danger when they're just kids trying to get to safety. When you consider someone a danger to you, you begin to consider them an enemy.

The kids were ill before entering the USA. They did not fall ill once they crossed the border, most were from one particular country that has many obscure tropical diseases that are extremely dangerous to young children...isn't it Congress who has cut funding?

Fair enough about the murdering comments, I didn't realise these kids were infants in some cases as I thought we were talking about unnacompanied"children...
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-06-2019, 02:21 PM #31

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Yep, it's ludicrous. I'd like a show of hands for all those who wouldn't try and leave a war torn/massively poor country in search of a better future for their kids and themselves
Of course I would, but after months of hardship during the journey I think a lay down in a bed for two months or so would be a godsend...I certainly wouldn't care what the building had been used for in the past considering all the mental asylums that all re now plush 3-4 bed apartment blocks...Toy Soldier mentioned brick walls before, very apt, cause in the end that's all it is...brick walls.
Old 14-06-2019, 02:21 PM #32
Banned

Banned

Quote:
The kids were ill before entering the USA. They did not fall ill once they crossed the border, most were from one particular country that has many obscure tropical diseases that are extremely dangerous to young children...isn't it Congress who has cut funding?

Fair enough about the murdering comments, I didn't realise these kids were infants in some cases as I thought we were talking about unnacompanied"children...
That's an assumption, I can't see anywhere that's listed the cause of deaths for these children and even if it was some 'obscure tropical disease' it likely would be nothing that can't be treated by a developed country like the US. These children are dying, not on the US' doorstep but while they are in custody.

Congress did not cut funding, no. That is a lie to frame democrats as the villains when the cuts came from the Health and Human Services Department of the government.
Old 14-06-2019, 02:25 PM #33
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Whoops seems some people have missed the fact that St Obama used this same place back in 2014

https://www.dailywire.com/news/48407...ign=benshapiro
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-06-2019, 02:34 PM #34

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
That's an assumption, I can't see anywhere that's listed the cause of deaths for these children and even if it was some 'obscure tropical disease' it likely would be nothing that can't be treated by a developed country like the US. These children are dying, not on the US' doorstep but while they are in custody.

Congress did not cut funding, no. That is a lie to frame democrats as the villains when the cuts came from the Health and Human Services Department of the government.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/...since-december

Thing is, if you read up on these kids it is the border patrol guards that have tried to save thier lives...the kids were in thier parents custody.
Old 14-06-2019, 02:36 PM #35
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
Whoops seems some people have missed the fact that St Obama used this same place back in 2014

It was an outrage then and it's an outrage now, that article doesn't change a thing. Why aren't you criticising the current administration for not fixing a mistake by the previous administration? It seems like Trump's content to keep repeating the same mistakes as his predecessor while blaming them instead of taking responsibility in not changing a damn thing, in fact, he has made the whole situation worse since family separations by the border forces were dramatically lower and were rarely done more than a dozen times throughout Obama's reign compared to the thousands of children separated from their parents under Trump's regime.

Blaming Obama for Trump choosing to make the same mistakes make no sense. It's just a diversion to try to brush the bodies of these dead children under the rug.
Old 14-06-2019, 02:36 PM #36

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

2016 has the highest recording of migrant children being detained....I think this year will beat it though.
Old 14-06-2019, 02:39 PM #37
Banned

Banned

Quote:
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/...since-december

Thing is, if you read up on these kids it is the border patrol guards that have tried to save thier lives...the kids were in thier parents custody.
It mentions two children that were with their parents but ultimately, if they are in the custody of Border Services, those services have a duty of care to the people they are holding so if a child dies, it's often down to negligence of the people who were supposed to care for the people they detained.
Old 14-06-2019, 02:40 PM #38

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It was an outrage then and it's an outrage now, that article doesn't change a thing. Why aren't you criticising the current administration for not fixing a mistake by the previous administration? It seems like Trump's content to keep repeating the same mistakes as his predecessor while blaming them instead of taking responsibility in not changing a damn thing, in fact, he has made the whole situation worse since family separations by the border forces were dramatically lower and were rarely done more than a dozen times throughout Obama's reign compared to the thousands of children separated from their parents under Trump's regime.

Blaming Obama for Trump choosing to make the same mistakes make no sense. It's just a diversion to try to brush the bodies of these dead children under the rug.
Kids do not get separated from thier parents...they get separated from people claiming to be thier uncle or some other relative...a wise move in this day and age.
Old 14-06-2019, 02:42 PM #39

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It mentions two children that were with their parents but ultimately, if they are in the custody of Border Services, those services have a duty of care to the people they are holding so if a child dies, it's often down to negligence of the people who were supposed to care for the people they detained.
The parents are supposed to care for thier child, hence the uprooting in the first place...I look at it more like the parents are being detained and they just happen to have thier child with them.

read up on each child a bit more..
Old 14-06-2019, 02:45 PM #40

Quote:

The President get away with everything.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-06-2019, 02:46 PM #41

Quote:

Not by you
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-06-2019, 02:46 PM #42
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
The President get away with everything.
Worst President in living memory ,yet hailed a St ,he had the worst record for kicking out immigrants ever
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-06-2019, 03:03 PM #43
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Kids do not get separated from thier parents...they get separated from people claiming to be thier uncle or some other relative...a wise move in this day and age.
And you think there's been thousands of kids crossing the border with people pretending to be their parents? Do you honestly believe that's realistic?
Old 14-06-2019, 03:05 PM #44
Banned

Banned

Quote:
The parents are supposed to care for thier child, hence the uprooting in the first place...I look at it more like the parents are being detained and they just happen to have thier child with them.

read up on each child a bit more..
The parents are detained, their ability to care for an ill child is limited by the people keeping them detained, hence duty of care.
Old 14-06-2019, 03:06 PM #45
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Not by you
And how the **** do you know what I am outraged by, Arista? You don't so don't try it.
Old 14-06-2019, 03:07 PM #46
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Worst President in living memory ,yet hailed a St ,he had the worst record for kicking out immigrants ever
A good example of a very selective memory.

Where is your condemnation for the current administration and their failings?
Old 14-06-2019, 04:12 PM #47

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
The parents are detained, their ability to care for an ill child is limited by the people keeping them detained, hence duty of care.
It was the people who are keeping them detained that took the kids to hospital because they were vomiting. .the parents in one case were waving them away.
Old 14-06-2019, 04:15 PM #48
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Tera
BBUSA22: Janelle

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Tera
BBUSA22: Janelle

This is awful and I’m sorry but if you think this is okay then there’s something missing, either a heart, a brain, or in some cases in here, both.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Matthew.; 14-06-2019 at 04:17 PM.
Matthew. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-06-2019, 04:16 PM #49
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Nothing any one posts in this thread will make any difference, no matter how much you are out raged.
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-06-2019, 04:17 PM #50

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew. View Post
This is awful and I’m sorry but if you think this is okay then there’s something missing, either a heart, a brain, or in some cases, both.
What!!! opening up other buildings and areas to help the over crowding in other areas is awful....and people who think this is ok don't have a heart or a brain...are you sure?

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
camp, children, house, internment, japanese, migrant