Notices

Football Discuss football in general, including The World Cup, Premier League and Champions League.

Old 19-06-2019, 01:28 PM #1
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):

Default Birmingham City.

This is gonna be a rant thread from me so I do apologize, if you don't want to read it then that's fine, if you do then gladly contribute to the thread.

Anyway I am absolutely livid that we have sacked Monk, like Rowett he was starting to get the club respected again and was making the club tough to beat in matches, even in the FA Cup West Ham only got two goals against us which was better than what most people had predicted would happen.

Yet our genius board wants to sack him because we don't play beautiful Football! Who the **** cares if we play beautiful Football!? As long as we get 3 points that's all that should matter imo.

Also I know that nobody will agree with me on what I'm about to say, and some will find it rude, but I get quite mad to see us struggling to stay in the Championship whilst smaller teams like Cardiff, Bournemouth, and Huddersfield have had seasons in the Premier League, and Leicester having a Premier League title win that imo we should've been up there competing for that Premier League title, but instead we're struggling to hold off Burton Albion in recent times (again no offence to Burton) but it shouldn't even be close on who's the better team imo.

But yeah Blues and Villa should both be fighting for titles imo as both of them being second city teams, yet one struggles to hold off Rotherham United due to clownish ownership (who seriously needs to leave the club) and the other Birmingham club needed to be handheld every week by the Referees just to get to the Premier League this season.

In all honesty though I could handle us underachieving and not being a Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Tottenham, Real Madrid, Barcelona etc if we actually had competent ownership who had our interests at heart and let us flourish to the point of actually being in the Premier League where we belong.

If the rumours are true then I wish Pep Clotet the best of luck, but his previous track record as Manager concerns me, and he'll have to fight off a bigger enemy than any Villa fan could ever hope to be and that's our owners.

Out with extreme Politics on both sides of the divide.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2019, 02:06 PM #2

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

Birmingham and heart of Midlothian have a strong fan connection.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2019, 02:09 PM #3

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
Birmingham and heart of Midlothian have a strong fan connection.
I like Hearts.

I'll really love them if they can stop Celtic from winning another title.

Old 19-06-2019, 02:10 PM #4
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan

I agree Mock.
As you know I've supported Birmingham all my time and before on here.

It is annoying and frustrating all that's gone on.
I understand totally, your anger, frustration and disillusionment.

Birmingham should be up there in the Premier league.
There was hope a short while last season where the play offs were a possibility.
So it can be achieved.

Good rant Mock from you and 100% justified.

Last edited by joeysteele; 19-06-2019 at 02:11 PM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2019, 03:10 PM #5
The other Shaun :)

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Maura
CBB22: Ryan Thomas

Favourites (more):

I agree Mock, it seemed like Birmingham were turning a corner this season even after points deduction, they managed to finish in a decent-ish position in the table. It does seem like a hell of a daft reason to sack a manager though, made worse by the fact that a lot of fans had respect and faith in him that the board have totally ignored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
Also I know that nobody will agree with me on what I'm about to say, and some will find it rude, but I get quite mad to see us struggling to stay in the Championship whilst smaller teams like Cardiff, Bournemouth, and Huddersfield have had seasons in the Premier League, and Leicester having a Premier League title win that imo we should've been up there competing for that Premier League title, but instead we're struggling to hold off Burton Albion in recent times (again no offence to Burton) but it shouldn't even be close on who's the better team imo.

But yeah Blues and Villa should both be fighting for titles imo as both of them being second city teams, yet one struggles to hold off Rotherham United due to clownish ownership (who seriously needs to leave the club) and the other Birmingham club needed to be handheld every week by the Referees just to get to the Premier League this season.

In all honesty though I could handle us underachieving and not being a Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Tottenham, Real Madrid, Barcelona etc if we actually had competent ownership who had our interests at heart and let us flourish to the point of actually being in the Premier League where we belong
I do understand your frustration here as well as this is how I felt a bit about Charlton last season. The issue just comes down to the owners and the way the clubs are being run by them. It’s a shame, I would also like to see Charlton return to the Premier League at some point but with our current owner it is not a possibility. In regards to teams like Bournemouth at the present time, they are a club that are better run and can also attract reasonably good players to keep them in the position they are in.

All you can really do as fans is just get behind team and hope that they can build on what was achieved last season but it’s hard, especially when owners just make really poor decisions.

Dogeatdog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2019, 04:37 PM #6

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
I agree Mock.
As you know I've supported Birmingham all my time and before on here.

It is annoying and frustrating all that's gone on.
I understand totally, your anger, frustration and disillusionment.

Birmingham should be up there in the Premier league.
There was hope a short while last season where the play offs were a possibility.
So it can be achieved.

Good rant Mock from you and 100% justified.
Thanks Joey.

It did look promising at one point last season I know, but again the owners ****ed it up for us with the Embargo and the points deduction.

Old 19-06-2019, 04:41 PM #7

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogeatdog View Post
I agree Mock, it seemed like Birmingham were turning a corner this season even after points deduction, they managed to finish in a decent-ish position in the table. It does seem like a hell of a daft reason to sack a manager though, made worse by the fact that a lot of fans had respect and faith in him that the board have totally ignored.

I do understand your frustration here as well as this is how I felt a bit about Charlton last season. The issue just comes down to the owners and the way the clubs are being run by them. It’s a shame, I would also like to see Charlton return to the Premier League at some point but with our current owner it is not a possibility. In regards to teams like Bournemouth at the present time, they are a club that are better run and can also attract reasonably good players to keep them in the position they are in.

All you can really do as fans is just get behind team and hope that they can build on what was achieved last season but it’s hard, especially when owners just make really poor decisions.
Thanks Dogeatdog.

At least you've kept Lee Bowyer as Manager which hopefully means he can mitigate any damage that your owners can do to your team which as you said should also be in the Premier League imo.

And tbh our owners never listen to the fans or the Managers it seems, I think if I've read it correctly Monk still hadn't met up with some of our board members before they sacked him, it's truly shoddy business imo.

Old 07-08-2019, 08:15 AM #8
User banned

User banned

Default Birmingham City

Lots of talk about Birmingham being £7m over the FFP threshold and might have go in front a disciplinary committee before the end of the month, with a possible points deduction.
KamLerce is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 02:47 PM #9

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamLerce View Post
Lots of talk about Birmingham being £7m over the FFP threshold and might have go in front a disciplinary committee before the end of the month, with a possible points deduction.
I seriously would not be surprised if this is true as our owners are pricks.

Old 08-08-2019, 10:34 AM #10
You know my methods

You know my methods

humped by Pompey
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 01:42 PM #11

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
humped by Pompey
Tbf and I mean this as no disrespect to Portsmouth's achievement, but they beat our reserve team.

Old 08-08-2019, 01:43 PM #12
You know my methods

You know my methods

Mock i hope you will be supporting the Villa as your prem team this season?

LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 04:44 PM #13

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
Mock i hope you will be supporting the Villa as your prem team this season?

I'll leave it to my Dad to support the darkspawn.

Old 25-08-2019, 04:00 PM #14

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I am absolutely fuming.

0 goals today, 0 shots on target, and conceded 3. That is absolutely disgraceful stats, and it is not the first time that we've lost 3-0 away from home this season either.

We've even got some Stoke fans on Social Media thinking that they'll get an easy win against us on Saturday and their team has been playing like they're more dead than the Walkers out of TWD, yet their fans are fancying their chances with us because we were that bad today.

I can't 100% blame the players though as Jutkiewicz gave his all but can't do it all by himself, Gimenez getting injured was unfortunate, and Bellingham looks promising but we need to put more faith in him.

I personally think that if Nathan Jones stays as Stoke Manager on Saturday that we could crush Stoke with ease, but we need to play the right tactics that suit us which is 4-4-2, and this would be the team that I'd send out with the current situation of the squad.

Formation - 4-4-2
Starting 11:
Lee Camp - He isn't the best goalkeeper in the world, but he is more dependable than Stockdale or Trueman.
Wes Harding - I quite like Harding, and he brings a bit of pace to the team.
Harlee Dean - Our best Defender.
Marc Roberts - We are quite short in this area with Michael Morrison sold to Reading, so Roberts is the only other one good enough to partner Dean.
Pedersen - Prone to the odd error, but still good enough to handle Stoke imo.
Mrabti - He hasn't played much this season, but he would suit the formation well, and he would have pace in the team which is what we desperately need.
Gary Gardner - Not the most entertaining player in the world, but he is a solid player that gets the job done in most games, and again would be too good for Stoke.
David Davis - The more attacking Midfielder out of him and Gary Gardner, again Stoke wouldn't handle him very well when we're in a well balanced 4-4-2 formation.
Seddon - The David Beckham/Kevin De Bruyne of the Championship when it comes to how good he is at crossing the ball, obviously not as good as the two names mentioned, but his crosses to the two strikers would be deadly to the Stoke defenders.
Jude Bellingham - With Gimenez possibly injured and Che Adams and Isaac Vassell being sold, I think that we should take a shot at Jude Bellingham, he has pace and big teams like Barcelona and Bayern Munich have been looking at him so he must be a very good player, and to me he looks like the perfect Che Adams replacement.
Lukas Jutkiewicz - He always deserves to be in the team, and he currently is our leading goalscorer this season.

I don't know what the bench should look like, especially with players like Maghoma, Kieftenbeld, and now possibly Gimenez being out injured, but if we go 4-4-2 with that starting 11 against Stoke on Saturday with the way that they've been playing, I honestly think we could win the game 3-1 as I am assuming that one of Camp, Roberts, or Pedersen will make a mistake, but Jutkiewicz, Bellingham, and Mrabti would hopefully deal them blows at the other end.

Rant over anyway.

Old 25-08-2019, 04:00 PM #15

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I am absolutely fuming.

0 goals today, 0 shots on target, and conceded 3. That is absolutely disgraceful stats, and it is not the first time that we've lost 3-0 away from home this season either.

We've even got some Stoke fans on Social Media thinking that they'll get an easy win against us on Saturday and their team has been playing like they're more dead than the Walkers out of TWD, yet their fans are fancying their chances with us because we were that bad today.

I can't 100% blame the players though as Jutkiewicz gave his all but can't do it all by himself, Gimenez getting injured was unfortunate, and Bellingham looks promising but we need to put more faith in him.

I personally think that if Nathan Jones stays as Stoke Manager on Saturday that we could crush Stoke with ease, but we need to play the right tactics that suit us which is 4-4-2, and this would be the team that I'd send out with the current situation of the squad.

Formation - 4-4-2
Starting 11:
Lee Camp - He isn't the best goalkeeper in the world, but he is more dependable than Stockdale or Trueman.
Wes Harding - I quite like Harding, and he brings a bit of pace to the team.
Harlee Dean - Our best Defender.
Marc Roberts - We are quite short in this area with Michael Morrison sold to Reading, so Roberts is the only other one good enough to partner Dean.
Pedersen - Prone to the odd error, but still good enough to handle Stoke imo.
Mrabti - He hasn't played much this season, but he would suit the formation well, and he would have pace in the team which is what we desperately need.
Gary Gardner - Not the most entertaining player in the world, but he is a solid player that gets the job done in most games, and again would be too good for Stoke.
David Davis - The more attacking Midfielder out of him and Gary Gardner, again Stoke wouldn't handle him very well when we're in a well balanced 4-4-2 formation.
Seddon - The David Beckham/Kevin De Bruyne of the Championship when it comes to how good he is at crossing the ball, obviously not as good as the two names mentioned, but his crosses to the two strikers would be deadly to the Stoke defenders.
Jude Bellingham - With Gimenez possibly injured and Che Adams and Isaac Vassell being sold, I think that we should take a shot at Jude Bellingham, he has pace and big teams like Barcelona and Bayern Munich have been looking at him so he must be a very good player, and to me he looks like the perfect Che Adams replacement.
Lukas Jutkiewicz - He always deserves to be in the team, and he currently is our leading goalscorer this season.

I don't know what the bench should look like, especially with players like Maghoma, Kieftenbeld, and now possibly Gimenez being out injured, but if we go 4-4-2 with that starting 11 against Stoke on Saturday with the way that they've been playing, I honestly think we could win the game 3-1 as I am assuming that one of Camp, Roberts, or Pedersen will make a mistake, but Jutkiewicz, Bellingham, and Mrabti would hopefully deal them blows at the other end.

Rant over anyway.

Old 31-08-2019, 06:52 PM #16
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

That Bellingham is some players, coming on off the bench then later scoring his first goal which ended up being the winning goal at 16 years old

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2019, 07:09 PM #17

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedSkengMan View Post
That Bellingham is some players, coming on off the bench then later scoring his first goal which ended up being the winning goal at 16 years old
He is gonna be a fantastic player for us this season.

I don't really see him being with us next season though as I reckon that Man Utd will want him as they're lacking a player like him.

Old 14-09-2019, 03:28 PM #18
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

Bellingham has scored again 2 goals in 2 games for a 16 year old, could be Birminghams saviour but can they keep hold of him ?

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-09-2019, 04:55 PM #19

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I like Hearts.

I'll really love them if they can stop Celtic from winning another title.
Well that's not going to happen any time soon as we are being run by a tartan blanket wearing auld hoor...bringing tea and biscuits to a stadI'm that was once renowned for being a formidable cauldron..

At least you got a result today...with this lot at hearts we could be relagated. Not that that would bother me cause we like a cup run whatever league we play in and since 1985/6.... the only time we came close to winning the league again since then we sacked our manager at new year as we sat proudly at the top of the league..George burley..bit of a drinking problem but a great manager....

But now anne budge and Craig levien bringing us down with thier mutual admiration for eachother...weirdos. ..God knows what goes on under that tartan blanket.
Old 14-09-2019, 04:57 PM #20
TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul

TeamIsrael <3 <3 <3

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul

are Hearts still owned by that lithuanian?

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.

Spoiler:

Israel we Love You
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-09-2019, 05:00 PM #21

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
are Hearts still owned by that lithuanian?
No...we are ran by everyone's old auntie who smells a bit. The one you still have to be nice to,but feel a little more distant compared to jolly auntil joyce..

Our manager, a club legend in my era...**** manager though...but auntie annie won't budge him....
Old 15-09-2019, 04:11 PM #22

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
Well that's not going to happen any time soon as we are being run by a tartan blanket wearing auld hoor...bringing tea and biscuits to a stadI'm that was once renowned for being a formidable cauldron..

At least you got a result today...with this lot at hearts we could be relagated. Not that that would bother me cause we like a cup run whatever league we play in and since 1985/6.... the only time we came close to winning the league again since then we sacked our manager at new year as we sat proudly at the top of the league..George burley..bit of a drinking problem but a great manager....

But now anne budge and Craig levien bringing us down with thier mutual admiration for eachother...weirdos. ..God knows what goes on under that tartan blanket.
It's horrible when your club goes through bad ownership and management imo, hopefully one of your senior players will lift the rest of the team's spirits with great performances within the next few weeks like how Jutkiewicz and Maghoma did for us near the end of the 2017/18 season.

And thanks, I can't believe that we're only 3 points off top of the table, I know not to probably get too carried away yet, but one can only dream.

Old 27-10-2019, 01:49 PM #23

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

5 points off West Brom at the top of the table after 14 games.

I don't know if I should get carried away or be prepared for the worst, but I am liking how the table is shaping up for us at the moment.

It would be funny if us and Charlton were the top 2 teams at the end of the season.

realistically though I hope that we just avoid the bottom three.

Old 27-10-2019, 07:27 PM #24

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
5 points off West Brom at the top of the table after 14 games.

I don't know if I should get carried away or be prepared for the worst, but I am liking how the table is shaping up for us at the moment.

It would be funny if us and Charlton were the top 2 teams at the end of the season.

realistically though I hope that we just avoid the bottom three.
The top half of the Championship is really close still, I’m very happy with Charlton’s position (as well as Birmingham) in the table at the moment especially as our striker is still out injured. We still have some tough games coming up though so I expect us to possibly dip further down the table a little but hopefully that won’t be the case

I would be amazed if both teams could pull that off Mock but as you already mentioned, realistically I would like us to focus on staying above the drop zone and if we manage to finish in the top half of the table (and above Millwall ) that will be a nice added bonus.

Dogeatdog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-10-2019, 05:46 AM #25

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Evil View Post
The top half of the Championship is really close still, I’m very happy with Charlton’s position (as well as Birmingham) in the table at the moment especially as our striker is still out injured. We still have some tough games coming up though so I expect us to possibly dip further down the table a little but hopefully that won’t be the case

I would be amazed if both teams could pull that off Mock but as you already mentioned, realistically I would like us to focus on staying above the drop zone and if we manage to finish in the top half of the table (and above Millwall ) that will be a nice added bonus.
I know, it's very rare to say that the top 11 of a league are all fighting to be champions, it's exciting though.

And Charlton have done an incredible job so far Big Evil, especially as you've already said, your main striker isn't even playing, just imagine what Charlton can do once he is fit again.

And tbh I would be too.

But roll on the Cardiff and Preston games this weekend and see what happens.

Last edited by Mystic Mock; 28-10-2019 at 05:52 AM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
birmingham, city