Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

like the boys

Favourites (more):

Previously on The Amazing Drag Race...

- Ten teams raced from Colombia to Arequipa, Peru.

- The four teams at the back of the pack managed to catch up with the others at the airport, and bonded over their success (and iced lattes).

- Gia & Laganja and Kelly & Tammie sold a pretty penny at the witch market Roadblock, although the amount of help Team Fresh Tilapia received from their new Colombian friend Sebastian began to raise eyebrows.

- Team Brown Bacon got to grips with a hairy Roadblock, while Farrah & Valentina went white water rafting to get ahead.

- In the end, Team French Vanilla Fantasy took first place in a close race to the Pit Stop.

- Although Gia & Laganja were the second team to arrive at the Pit Stop, their consistent rule-breaking cost them, and they were issued a penalty that ultimately saw them eliminated from the race.

- Nine teams remain. Who will be eliminated next?

Spoiler:

MB. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-07-2019, 08:36 PM #152
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

Farrah & Valentina depart first from the Pit Stop and decide not to wait for Kelly & Tammie and Jasmine & Kennedy, with whom they had aligned the previous leg, despite both of these teams departing just a few minutes after them. "We're in a dog eat dog race," Valentina says with a hint of evil in her voice. "I hope we don’t have to go anywhere where they actually eat dogs," Farrah adds, the thought of doing so having mildly upset her.

"Why, Willam, have you ever been to Denmark?" Alaska asks Willam as the two are driven from Lake Salinas to the airport in Arequipa. "I might have done," she replies, trying to recall. "I did hook up with a guy in a bar called The Den in LA, and for all intents and purposes his name might have been Mark. Does that count?"

The rest of the teams depart Peru in the order they arrived at the Pit Stop, although Bunny & Coco are twenty minutes late to leave after having both overslept. Luckily for them, all teams end up on the same flight to Copenhagen, with the 18 hour-long trip (with connections in Lima and Amsterdam) giving Team Legendhairy plenty of time to catch up on their sleep. Monique spends the flight time reading the Bible, while Willam spends it making his way through all of the male flight attendants.

Upon arrival in Copenhagen, the teams taxi to the Round Tower in the city centre. Jinkx & Dela, more determined than ever following their brush with elimination last leg, pay their driver to run red lights, and arrive at the tower first. They look around for a flag with an arrow on it, and quickly find one pointing to a nearby building. After asking a local, they deduce that the next location is Copenhagen University.

The rest of the teams then arrive at the Round Tower in relatively quick succession, except for Bunny & Coco, who only realise after fifteen minutes that they had forgotten to tell their taxi driver where to take them, and have been driving around in circles in the airport parking lot the entire time. Upon rectifying this mistake, they head to the top of the tower and, slightly out of breath, take the last clue. "I shouldn’t have eaten all of that rigatoni on the plane," Coco says, clutching her sides.

Jinkx & Dela arrive at the University first, followed by Farrah & Valentina, Alaska & Willam and Kelly & Tammie. Tammie in particular is excited about being back on a university campus, saying that it reminds her of her time she spent as a ghost at Oxford in the 1790s. There, the teams find their next clue.

Jinkx decides to become a tour guide for her group, with Farrah, Alaska and Kelly performing the task for their teams. Jasmine & Kennedy, Mayhem & Morgan and Sasha & Shea soon arrive and nominate Jasmine, Mayhem and Shea for the Roadblock respectively. Monét & Monique, who were incorrectly told to go to a different building by a passerby at the tower, show up next, followed by Bunny & Coco. Monét and Coco take it upon themselves to show tourists around the city for their respective teams.

Spoiler:

Old 17-07-2019, 08:42 PM #153
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

Some of the queens use their initiative to find the locations: Jinkx sets aside time for her tourists to use the bathroom at the University while she gets a local to draw a map for her, while Alaska borrows a student’s phone and loads up Google Maps. Kelly decides to pay another student to tag along with her group, pretending to be a tourist, and subtly point her in the right direction of each location. Other queens decide to wing it; Coco chooses to take her tourists to every interesting-looking place within a mile radius and hope that she ends up checking off the three locations along the way, while Monét decides to dance for her group for tips, and soon forgets about the task at hand.

It is Jasmine who perhaps has the roughest time at the Roadblock, however. Despite being committed to the task at hand, she constantly finds herself being stopped by locals and passers-by, who recognise her from her viral videos. “Det er den Ånd I Øøp lady!” says one, as her Danish fans begin to crowd around her and block her path. Jasmine is flattered at first, but when she realises that her fans are more interested in getting selfies than offering her directions to Nyhavn, she snaps and steals a phone out of a particularly enthusiastic teenager’s hand. "And wash your puss!" she shouts in frustration as she leads her group of tourists away, throwing the phone into the canal as she does so.

Kelly’s technique appears to work the best, as she finishes the task before any of the other groups. "It just goes to show that we don’t need any other teams to, well, drag us through this race," she says in what appears to be a slight dig at Farrah & Valentina. Kelly’s quick work allows her and Tammie to read their next clue.

Jinkx & Dela are next to finish the Roadblock, followed by Alaska & Willam and Farrah & Valentina. While Shea is away completing the task, Sasha strikes up a conversation in Danish about religious ethics with a friendly university professor. As Mayhem completes the task, Morgan grabs a burger from a stall across the street.

Kelly & Tammie arrive at the Lego cluebox, having run as fast as they could from their taxi. As they do so, Tammie accidentally skids into the cluebox, breaking it in half. "Poor workmanship," she mutters as she steps over the Lego pieces to read one of the several clues that have now fallen out onto the pavement. Members of the crew scramble to put the cluebox back together as Kelly reads the clue aloud.

Both thespians at heart, Team Brown Bacon opt for the Bard Detour. Jinkx & Dela arrive at the entrance to Freetown just in time to find that the cluebox has been reassembled, and choose the same task as the team before them. "I haven’t been working out nearly enough to carry that much beer across this city," Dela says, already tired from the hypothetical scenario. "And I haven’t drunk enough beer in my life," adds Jinkx.

Spoiler:

Old 17-07-2019, 08:50 PM #154
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

Alaska & Willam turn up shortly afterwards, and are the first team to opt for the beer-bottling task on Willam’s suggestion. Alaska finds this hilarious and spends the rest of the leg calling Willam "bro" or "dude" at every opportunity. "To be fair," Alaska says, "getting hideously drunk in Copenhagen does sound like a very fun idea right about now." Arriving at the Starbucks down the street from the cluebox, Farrah & Valentina sip their iced lattes as they mull over which option to pick, eventually settling for the beer task as Valentina would like to try out her new Fitbit. Mayhem & Morgan then arrive at the cluebox following a taxi chase with Sasha & Shea (the latter of which had to physically drag the former away from her ethics conversation with the Danish academic). Both teams choose to learn Shakespeare, with Team Petal to the Metal feeling fairly smug that they already have a Danish speaker on their team. Monét & Monique receive their clue next ("as it says in the Book of Genesis, less dancing and more paying attention" Monique warns as their team leaves the Roadblock), followed by Bunny & Coco, the latter of which got lucky in her tour of the city. Jasmine & Kennedy, still being followed by the odd Masters fan, are last to the cluebox.

Upon arrival at Kronborg Castle, Jinkx & Dela and Kelly & Tammie at first seem prepared to (verbally) fight each other to finish the task first, with Tammie trying to psych out Team Seattle by recounting a story about the time she put on a one-woman performance of Hamlet for a gaggle of miners in the middle of the Australian outback. However, once it becomes apparent that each team is struggling in a different area (Jinkx & Dela cannot get to grips with the Danish language, Kelly & Tammie end up seducing the director too much), they decide to help one another, and end up bonding over the fact that they were both in alliances with other teams that ended up falling through. "We can be the Sloppy Seconds alliance," Jinkx suggests. "I mean, I’ve already printed a t-shirt with that written on, so I may as well find some place to use it." Having taken the director’s notes on board and made their performances of the soliloquy less erotic, Kelly & Tammie finish first, with Jinkx & Dela following several minutes later.

Over at the Carlsberg brewery, Alaska & Willam take advantage of the shorter distance they had to travel compared to the teams at the Shakespearean Detour, and make light work of bottling the beer. "I’ve had many years’ experience of holding things of this shape in my hands," Willam says as she does so. "Not necessarily bottles, but… things." Alaska takes the opportunity to sample some of the beers being produced at the brewery. "I’d rather this were vodka," she says, having just downed a pint of beer, "but it’s doing the job all the same." With all five gallons bottled, they grab crates and trolleys and begin the three mile walk to the oldest pub in the city. They spend this time singing 99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall, although this somehow ends up morphing into a cover of AM to PM by Christina Milian. Upon reaching the pub and distributing the drinks, Alaska praises Willam on not trying to get off with any of the patrons. "I mean, these guys don’t seem particularly loaded" is Willam’s response.

Kelly & Tammie and Jinkx & Dela both head back into the city in their taxis to look for the Pit Stop. Alaska & Willam, having the advantage of proximity, as the pub they finished the Detour at is just around the corner from the castle gardens. Phil waits patiently in the gardens for the first team to arrive…

Kelly & Tammie… you are the first team to arrive. However, as you broke a cluebox and caused a delay in production, you have received an appropriate penalty…

Kelly begins to worry, fearing another Gia & Laganja situation.

...of ten seconds. Those crew members worked pretty darn quickly to put the Lego pieces back together, after all. Anyway, you’re team number one!

Kelly breathes a sigh of relief.

Phil: For winning this leg of the race, you have won a trip for two from Travelocity to visit my mother! She hasn’t a clue what drag is so she’ll probably be very confused, but hey, anything to get her out of the house.
Tammie: No problem. My music is very popular with the over-70s female demographic.

Quote:
Alaska & Willam - 2 (Ammi, Shaun)
Farrah & Valentina - 1 (RileyH)
Jinkx & Dela - 1 (Liam)
Kelly & Tammie - 1 (Black Dagger)
Monét & Monique - 1 (Morgan)

Alaska & Willam… you are team number two!

Willam locks eyes with the Pit Stop greeter, a young man in a national Danish costume.
Willam: You look rich. You’ll do.

Quote:
Alaska & Willam - 3 (Morgan, Liam, RileyH)
Bunny & Coco - 1 (Shaun)
Jasmine & Kennedy - 1 (Ammi)
Jinkx & Dela - 1 (Black Dagger)

Jinkx & Dela… you are team number three!

Phil: How would you two sum up your time on the race so far?
Dela: Thou know'st 'tis common; all that lives must die, passing through nature to eternity.
Jinkx: That’s deep. Is it from Moana?

Quote:
Monét & Monique - 2 (Liam, RileyH)
Alaska & Willam - 1 (Black Dagger)
Farrah & Valentina - 1 (Morgan)
Jasmine & Kennedy - 1 (Shaun)
Jinkx & Dela - 1 (Ammi)

Spoiler:

Old 17-07-2019, 09:02 PM #155
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

Farrah & Valentina prove to be surprisingly strong at beer bottling, at least once Valentina has shown Farrah how to put a bottle cap on. They are cheered on by locals as they take the bottles to the pub, although it’s unclear whether it’s the drag queens, the beer or the prospect of being on TV that the people of Copenhagen are excited by.

Farrah & Valentina… you are team number four!

Valentina: You mispronounced "number one".
Phil: No, but good try. Three teams have already checked in.
Valentina: Say it with me… nuuum… berrrr… onnnne… Phil, you’re not saying it...

Quote:
Bunny & Coco - 1 (Black Dagger)
Farrah & Valentina - 1 (Liam)
Jasmine & Kennedy - 1 (RileyH)
Jinkx & Dela - 1 (Shaun)
Kelly & Tammie - 1 (Ammi)

Mayhem & Morgan - 1 (Morgan)
Mayhem & Morgan and Sasha & Shea once again arrive within a minute of each other, this time at the castle. Not only does Sasha quickly pick up the Danish, but she realises that she also knows the Hamlet extract by heart, and Team WeHo have barely stepped foot into the practice room when Sasha & Shea finish up. Shea watches Sasha intently on the drive to the Pit Stop in case she produces rose petals from any orifice of her body.

Sasha & Shea… you’re team number five!

Sasha tells Shea to take her shoes off, and as she does, rose petals fall out onto the mat.
Shea: They were feeling pretty uncomfortable today...

Quote:
Sasha & Shea - 3 (Morgan, Liam, RileyH)
Monét & Monique - 2 (Shaun, Black Dagger)
Bunny & Coco - 1 (Ammi)

Mayhem & Morgan… you’re team number six!

Phil: One better than last time. You have to be happy with that, right?
Mayhem: Six is actually my lucky number. Well, no, it’s 32, but for the sake of this show we can pretend otherwise, right?
Mayhem sheepishly covers up the "I <3 the number 32" tattoo on her arm.

Quote:
Mayhem & Morgan - 3 (Liam, RileyH, Black Dagger)
Jinkx & Dela - 1 (Morgan)
Kelly & Tammie - 1 (Shaun)
Sasha & Shea - 1 (Ammi)
Monét & Monique arrive at the brewery, followed several minutes later by Jasmine & Kennedy (who still have Shakespeare-related PTSD from season seven of Drag Race and have wisely decided to avoid the Hamlet task). While Kennedy reveals she secretly brews her own craft beer in her spare time and therefore knows how to correctly bottle booze, Monét & Monique are at a loss. "Anything that’s not a margarita, I’m a stranger to it," Monét says, watching how the instructor is demonstrating the bottling process. "We should ask Bob the Drag Queen. She drinks beer. Then again, she also votes Republican, so we’d best not." Team MoMo have only filled three bottles by the time Team Jush Good Friends have bottled fifty, and so decide their best course of action is to switch Detours.

Jasmine & Kennedy… you’re team number seven!

Phil: I hear you had a spot of trouble completing the Roadbl-
Phil is interrupted by a crowd of screaming Jasmine Masters fans, who storm the mat and demand she calls them junkie whores. Kennedy produces mace from her backpack and starts spraying it at the crowd, who soon disperse.
Pit Stop greeter: ...welcome to Denmark I guess?

Quote:
Jasmine & Kennedy - 2 (Morgan, Black Dagger)
Bunny & Coco - 1 (Liam)
Jinkx & Dela - 1 (RileyH)
Mayhem & Morgan - 1 (Shaun)

Monét & Monique - 1 (Ammi)
Monét & Monique arrive at the castle to find Bunny & Coco already there. Team Legendhairy have already spent half an hour trying to recite the soliloquy, and having the Danish spelled out phonetically for them on scripts is giving them no help. “I need a prompt,” Coco tells the director. "Perhaps I’m a glamorous spinster who hears a knock at the door on a cold dark night, and is informed by a police officer that her toyboy lover has been captured by the Korean mafia," she says, her voice trailing off towards the end of the sentence. “And Bunny can be a prostitute,” she finishes. "No change there then!" Bunny says. As hard as Monét & Monique try, Bunny & Coco’s vivid imagination gives them a helping hand in the task, and the director commends them as much on their use of the scenery as their mastering of the language. Bunny & Coco are handed their next clue, and Monét & Monique receive theirs only a few minutes later. A taxi race to the Pit Stop ensues, and for a second it looks as though Monét & Monique could pip it…

Bunny & Coco… you’re team number eight!

Phil: You just keep on surviving, don’t you?
Bunny: We’re like cockroaches! Which is funny, because this wig is absolutely infested with bedbugs.

Quote:
Kelly & Tammie - 2 (Morgan, Liam)
Sasha & Shea - 2 (Shaun, Black Dagger)

Bunny & Coco - 1 (RileyH)
Mayhem & Morgan - 1 (Ammi)
Monét & Monique’s taxi pulls up and they jog through the gardens, keeping their heads as high as they can lift them.

Monét & Monique... you’re the last team to arrive. I’m sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the race.

Phil: It's tough to say goodbye to any team this early, but you two will definitely be missed from the race. What was your proudest moment doing this together?
Monét: I’d say doing it with this hateful bitch right here.
Monét hugs Monique as she simultaneously wipes the sweat off her partner's forehead with a sponge
Monique: I’m very proud that we did everything in accordance with the holy book.
Monique pulls out a copy of Class with the Countess: How to Live With Elegance and Flair by Luann de Lesseps, from The Real Housewives of New York.
Monique: May the church say amen!

As they walk away through the gardens, Monique reminds Monét that no matter what, she still beat Gia.

Eight teams remain in the race.

Spoiler:

Last edited by MB.; 17-07-2019 at 09:03 PM.
Old 17-07-2019, 09:38 PM #156
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

Your job:

As I breathe a sigh of relief that I won't have to keep copying-and-pasting that bloody acute accent in Monét's name for the rest of the game, it's time for another vote. This time, things will be a little different. Legs 4 and 5 will be done as a double round, meaning you can vote twice, once for each leg - it's up to you whether you vote exactly the same both times or if you decide to shake things up between the two. Please rank the following teams from 1st to 8th twice and post your rankings below (if you could, please label which set of rankings are for leg 4 and which are for leg 5. Ta very much):

Alaska & Willam | Alaska & Willam
Bunny & Coco | Bunny & Coco
Farrah & Valentina | Farrah & Valentina
Jasmine & Kennedy | Jasmine & Kennedy
Jinkx & Dela | Jinkx & Dela
Kelly & Tammie | Kelly & Tammie
Mayhem & Morgan | Mayhem & Morgan
Sasha & Shea | Sasha & Shea

You'll have until Friday afternoon to vote, at which point I'll do what I usually do, just double. As I said, the next two legs will be posted in the same round, meaning that two more teams could be eliminated come Friday. Until then, and at the risk of this getting too Eurovision-centric, here's a clue to the teams' next destination:

Spoiler:

Last edited by MB.; 17-07-2019 at 09:39 PM.
Old 18-07-2019, 04:22 PM #157
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..Miss Monet and Miss Monique......

..okay and the heels must click on...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 04:29 PM #158
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...1st rank ladies...

1. Alaska and Willam...
2. Jinkx and Dela...
3. Kelly and Tammie...
4. Bunny and Coco...
5. Jasmine and Kennedy...
6. Farrah and Valentina...
7. Mayhem and Morgan...
8. Sasha and Shea...

2nd rank roses...

1. Jinkx and Dela...
2. Jasmine and Kennedy...
3. Farrah and Valentina...
4. Alaska and Willam...
5. Bunny and Coco...
6. Sasha and Shea...
7. Mayhem and Morgan...
8. Kelly and Tammie...
Old 18-07-2019, 04:30 PM #159
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...ughhh not happy with those placings...
Old 18-07-2019, 04:38 PM #160

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

1st

1. Jinkx and Dela
2. Alaska and Willam
3. Farrah and Valentina
4 Sasha and Shea
5. Mayhem and Morgan
6. Bunny and Coco
7. Kelly and Tammie
8. Jasmine and Kennedy

2nd leg

1. Alaska and Willam
2. Farrah and Valentina
3. Jinkx and Dela
4. Sasha and Shea
5. Bunny and Coco
6. Mayhem and Morgan
7. Jasmine and Kennedy
8. Kelly and Tammie
Old 18-07-2019, 07:35 PM #161
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

Thanks both

Spoiler:

Old 18-07-2019, 07:40 PM #162
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

One
1) Alaska Belli
2) JasmineDavenport
3) Bendelamonsoon
4) Lady Peru
5) Kelly Brown
6) Shea Velour
7) Mayhem McMichaels
8) Farrahtina

Two
1) Kennedy Masters
2) Willam Thunder****
3) Coco Bunny
4) Jinkx Creme
5) Morgan Miller
6) Sasha Coulee
7) Tammie Mantle
8) Valenmoan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-07-2019, 01:40 PM #163
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

By way of a bump, here's an interview between two queens who've already been eliminated from this game so aren't really relevant to this any more but oh well:

Spoiler:

Old 20-07-2019, 07:42 PM #164
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

Just watched it now, was pretty fun and a nice distraction until they fall out over something trivial again in 4 months time

Quote:

Old 21-07-2019, 02:56 PM #165
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

Providing I get a move on, legs 4 and 5 will be posted later today!

(voting is closed btw) (and has been for several days lol )

Spoiler:

Old 21-07-2019, 04:54 PM #166
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

Kelly & Tammie are the first team to depart the Pit Stop in Copenhagen, having finished first on the previous leg. During the mandatory rest period, Tammie has managed to acquire a pet fox, and she decides to give their next clue to the fox to read. The fox runs off with the clue in its mouth, prompting a short delay for production to print off a new clue.

Alaska & Willam are next to depart for the airport, with the other teams following in order. Bunny & Coco remain at the back of the pack as the eight remaining teams book their flights to Bologna; the first flight carries Kelly & Tammie, Alaska & Willam, Jinkx & Dela, Farrah & Valentina and Sasha & Shea, while the second flight, arriving an hour later than the first, carries Mayhem & Morgan, Jasmine & Kennedy and Bunny & Coco. The teams on the first flight compare their knowledge of Bologna, and soon come to the agreement that none of them know much more than the sausage of the same name.

The first five teams arrive in Italy and travel by taxi to Bologna’s central public library. All teams agree to split up to search the vast library’s shelves for a clue; this quickly proves to have been a poor strategic decision on Shea’s behalf, as Sasha gets distracted in the gender studies section and forgets about the task at hand. Alaska finds the first clue for her and Willam, and after Jinkx & Dela and Kelly & Tammie choose to honour their newly-formed Sloppy Seconds alliance by helping one another in their search, the other four teams find theirs as well.

"In 1861, President Abraham Lincoln was offered honorary citizenship of the third-smallest country in Europe, San Marino," Phil Keoghan explains, seen stood in front of an old building in the city of the same name. "Letters of correspondence between the President and the Sammarinese government are kept here in the State Archives, which is also where teams will find their next clue." Back in the library, some of the teams seem a little puzzled by their instructions ("I thought San Marino was the made-up country in Frozen," Farrah says in earnest), while Jinkx & Dela appear flustered by the thought of having to drive themselves for the rest of the leg.

As the five teams in front head to the railway station and board a train to Rimini, the remaining three touch down in Bologna. As they do so, Mayhem wonders aloud whether Farrah & Valentina have ever stepped inside a library before today, and she and Morgan impersonate Farrah crying as she tries to turn the pages of a book.

In Rimini ("the birthplace of Leah Remini," Alaska tells her fellow racers), the teams in front take the first five marked cars and begin the 12 mile drive into San Marino. As they enter the Republic, Valentina’s attention is diverted to a Sammarinese McDonald’s, which she spots along the way. Unable to comprehend its existence, Valentina makes Farrah stop the car while she gets out to have a look around the mystical restaurant. “It’s like American McDonald’s, but it’s not!” Valentina exclaims, picking up a Pepsi cup and marvelling at it in bewilderment. After Valentina has done a lap of the establishment, examining every piece of cutlery in sight, Farrah decides that the team may as well share a meal before resuming the race, and the two sit down for lunch.

Spoiler:

Old 21-07-2019, 04:55 PM #167
A great thief

A great thief

omg i forgot to vote

farrah & tina
Old 21-07-2019, 05:00 PM #168
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

Meanwhile, Alaska & Willam arrive at the State Archives and read their next clue. They are followed by Jinkx & Dela, Sasha & Shea and Kelly & Tammie, the latter of whom is still keeping an eye out for Leah Remini.

Alaska & Willam and Sasha & Shea choose Target, while Jinkx & Dela and Kelly & Tammie, arguably the two more artful teams, opt for Tower and head out of town to the bakery. The crossbow task is nearby, and Team Race Chaser soon get the hang of the practicalities of the challenge. "I’m used to shooting loads," Willam says, adjusting the position of her bow. “Loads of arrows?" Alaska asks inquisitively. "Nope," Willam replies. "Just loads."

Sasha & Shea, however, struggle to hit the first target. "I never did archery at Vassar," Sasha says, before reeling off a list of nineteen extracurricular activities that she was involved in. Meanwhile, across San Marino, Jinkx & Dela and Kelly & Tammie arrive at the bakery and begin decorating their cakes. While Team Seattle choose to pipe to the baker’s exact specification, Kelly & Tammie decide to go for a more improvised approach, one which involves Tammie piping a highly-detailed portrait of Ellen Burstyn onto the side of their cake. Of the two teams, Jinkx & Dela finish first, while Kelly & Tammie are asked to redecorate their cakes and remove references to any movie stars from the 1970s. Back in San Marino City, Alaska & Willam hit their five targets, and both they and Jinkx & Dela receive their next clues.

By this point, Farrah & Valentina are finishing up their lunch. Out of the corner of her eye, Valentina notices marked cars driving down the road, and realises that the remaining three teams have managed to catch up while they were eating. She tosses her tray across the McDonald’s, hitting a worker on the chin in the process, and drags Farrah out to their car. “We’ve got some catching up to do!” she yells, wiping barbecue sauce off her bottom lip. At the Detour, Bunny & Coco, Mayhem & Morgan and Jasmine & Kennedy all opt for the target practice, while Farrah & Valentina, in the mood for dessert, decide to decorate cakes.

Kelly & Tammie soon finish up their decorating and receive their next clue, followed by Sasha & Shea, who took their time in mastering the art of firing crossbows. At Liberty Square, Alaska & Willam arrive to read their next clue.

"My work as a professional actor has given me years of experience of performing under pressure, so this should be breeze," Willam says as she dons a traditional Sammarinese guard’s outfit. A supportive Alaska wolf whistles in the background. Jinkx & Dela then arrive, with Dela opting to perform the Roadblock. As Willam and Dela learn their routines, Kelly & Tammie arrive, and Kelly decides, against all of her better instincts, to trust Tammie with performing the Changing of the Guard ceremony, with Sasha doing the same for her team ("funnily enough, I did take a class on the national ceremonies of San Marino one semester," she says).

Back at the Detour, Jasmine & Kennedy prove to be surprisingly adept at firing crossbows, with Kennedy explaining that she gained the skill from years of hunting down drag queens who never paid her after making dresses for them. They’re next to get their clue, followed by Bunny & Coco, who claim their advantage is that they were both alive when the crossbow was invented. Mayhem & Morgan both struggle to get the hang of the task, while Farrah & Valentina, the team they had earlier been mocking, hit the ground running once they arrive at the bakery. "I don’t usually consume sugar unless it’s in a skinny iced vanilla mocha cinnamon latte," Valentina explains as she caresses a piping bag. "But for now I’ll make an exception."

Over in the city, Dela finishes the Changing of the Guard performance first, but is told that as she had been holding her rifle the wrong way the entire time, she must start again. This gives Willam a chance to pull ahead, and she executes the routine without flaw on her first attempt. Willam doesn’t even change out of her costume as she and Alaska run across the square to the Pit Stop.

Alaska & Willam… you are team number one!

Phil: For winning this leg of the race, you have won two tickets to the world premiere of the movie Cats!
Willam: ...I’ll pass.

Quote:
Alaska & Willam - 2 (Ammi, Shaun)
Jinkx & Dela - 1 (Liam)

Spoiler:

Old 21-07-2019, 05:05 PM #169
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

To Jinkx’s delight, Dela finishes the routine on her second try. Before they run over to Phil on the mat, Dela shows Tammie the correct way to hold her rifle (Tammie had, of course, been riding around on it like a broomstick). At the other corner of the square, Shea complains that Jinkx didn’t offer any help to Sasha, who finishes the task shortly afterwards. "So much for genuine friendships," she grumbles.

Jinkx & Dela… you are team number two!

Phil: A not so sloppy second, huh?
Jinkx: Oh, trust me Phil, I'm always sloppy in some place or another. Sometimes you just have to look a little harder to find it.

Quote:
Alaska & Willam - 1 (Liam)
Jasmine & Kennedy - 1 (Shaun)
Jinkx & Dela - 1 (Ammi)

Kelly & Tammie… you are team number three!

Phil: You can put your rifle away now, Tammie.

Quote:
Farrah & Valentina - 1 (Liam)
Jinkx & Dela - 1 (Shaun)
Kelly & Tammie - 1 (Ammi)

Sasha & Shea… you are team number four!

Sasha explains that she had an elaborate rose petal reveal planned for this Pit Stop, but her petals were confiscated at Copenhagen Airport.

Quote:
Bunny & Coco - 2 (Ammi, Shaun)
Sasha & Shea - 1 (Liam)
Jasmine & Kennedy, having received their clue following the Detour, travel a short distance on foot to the Roadblock, and are comforted to see that only four other teams have checked in. Kennedy decides to perform the Roadblock, and credits "the dark underworld of the pageant scene" for her knowledge of how to handle a rifle. Bunny & Coco show up next, followed quickly behind by Farrah & Valentina. Both teams are held up at the Roadblock, however; Bunny struggles to fit into the extra small guard outfit she has been provided with ("she looks like the Incredible Hulk," muses Coco as she studies Bunny’s ripped trousers), while Farrah gets scared by the rifle and has to be coaxed down from a tower by Valentina. Only once Jasmine & Kennedy have checked in does either team begin the actual task.

Jasmine & Kennedy… you are team number five!

Jasmine: I hope MB. hasn't edited me out of this damn episode, jush!

Quote:
Jasmine & Kennedy - 1 (Ammi)
Kelly & Tammie - 1 (Shaun)
Mayhem & Morgan - 1 (Liam)
Aware that they are now in last place, Mayhem & Morgan finally finish up the Detour, and make their way to Liberty Square. Morgan chooses to perform the Roadblock for her team, and a three-way battle between the remaining teams ensues. Each competitor takes several tries to execute the ceremony properly, but it is Lady Bunny who finishes first. She rips off her trousers and she and Coco head over to see Phil.

Bunny & Coco… you are team number six!

Phil: Here's fifty dollars. Go buy some new clothes.

Quote:
Bunny & Coco - 1 (Liam)
Farrah & Valentina - 1 (Ammi)
Sasha & Shea - 1 (Shaun)
This leaves Farrah & Valentina and Mayhem & Morgan still to check in. Watching on the sidelines, Valentina says that she regrets the earlier detour to McDonald’s, although it is unknown whether this is because it put her and Farrah behind in the race, or because all the grease from her Big Mac has now given her a poorly stomach. As Farrah struggles to remember the routine, the instructor gives Morgan his seal of approval, and she and Mayhem race over to the mat.

Mayhem & Morgan… you are team number seven!

Mayhem & Morgan have to check themselves in at the Pit Stop as Phil has gone for a piss.

Quote:
Mayhem & Morgan - 2 (Ammi, Shaun)
Kelly & Tammie - `1 (Liam)
Valentina cheers on Farrah the best she can, and after she finally completes the Roadblock, Team French Vanilla Fantasy walk over to Phil, arm-in-arm and slightly dejected.

Farrah & Valentina… you are the last team to arrive.

However, I am pleased to tell you that this is the first of three predetermined non-elimination legs, and you are still in the race.

This means that, at some point in the next leg, you will have to perform a Speed Bump, which is a task that no other team has to perform. Additionally, you will receive no money at the start of the next leg.

Farrah: (crying tears of happiness) That’s actually a good thing. We’d probably just have used it to buy more McDonald's.
Valentina: Speak for yourself! I would have used it at Starbucks!

Eight teams remain in the race.

Spoiler:

Last edited by MB.; 21-07-2019 at 05:24 PM.
Old 21-07-2019, 05:08 PM #170
A great thief

A great thief

omg god is real x
Old 21-07-2019, 05:08 PM #171
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyH View Post
omg i forgot to vote

farrah & tina
You got lucky this time (although there's still leg 5 to go...)

Spoiler:

Old 21-07-2019, 05:24 PM #172
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

I'm protesting this

Quote:

Old 21-07-2019, 05:30 PM #173
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

As this was a non-elimination, the results of this leg will be included in determining the results of the next leg (i.e. the placements each team received here will be treated like an extra vote in leg 5)

And because I'm charitable, here's a clue for the teams' next destination. It isn't even a Eurovision reference!

Spoiler:

Old 21-07-2019, 05:31 PM #174
A great thief

A great thief

Old 21-07-2019, 05:40 PM #175
like the boys

Favourites (more):

like the boys

Favourites (more):

That's right, we're sending Kelly Mantle headfirst into an active volcano!

Spoiler:

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
amazing, boris, century, charge, countries, crossover, drag, event, game, gayest, leg, race, relax, spinoff