Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 20-07-2019, 04:13 PM #101
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
I said Jews consider themselves to be. Jews have thought themselves a race for thousands of years.
But it was in response to NM saying that Israel is not a race... Not that Jews are not a race.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2019, 04:16 PM #102
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

I think many have become complacent. They have taken democracy for granted for too long, they have taken anti discrimination progress for granted for too long. These things need constant attention to ensure they are maintained. When things slip, activists gain a voice, it's up to the majority to take a stand and make sure standards are upheld.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2019, 04:18 PM #103
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
When things slip, activists gain a voice, it's up to the majority to take a stand and make sure standards are upheld.
I do wonder how many of the Foursome will still have their seats after the next election cycle.

Oliver_W is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2019, 04:33 PM #104
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
I do wonder how many of the Foursome will still have their seats after the next election cycle.
I imagine most of them, the right wing/republican spin isn't really working against them. The whole push to make Ilhan Omar seem anti-semitic repeatedly falls flat, the focus on AOC just makes the right look weak and every time they mock her for being a bartender, they alienate their base. Every attack against them is s kamikaze attack since the right hurt themselves more than they hurt them.

Trump's actions have pretty much insured that, barring any **** ups, they'll likely hold on to their seats for a long time to come.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2019, 04:48 PM #105
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

https://www.facebook.com/Traynor.KR/...c1MTUyOTQ5MjM/
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2019, 04:56 PM #106
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I imagine most of them, the right wing/republican spin isn't really working against them. The whole push to make Ilhan Omar seem anti-semitic repeatedly falls flat, the focus on AOC just makes the right look weak and every time they mock her for being a bartender, they alienate their base. Every attack against them is s kamikaze attack since the right hurt themselves more than they hurt them.
Unless the Dems decide to get rid of AOC in damage control for the party:

Quote:
New York Democrats Could Eliminate Ocasio-Cortez’s District After 2020
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is prepared for the possibility that Democrats in New York could redraw her district after the 2020 election, she told The Intercept in an interview.

Following the 2020 census, every state will draw new district boundaries to reflect changes in the population, the political implications of which will stretch for at least the next decade. In 2014, New York approved a constitutional amendment establishing a nonpartisan redistricting commission, which is set to take over the redistricting process starting in 2020. The 10-member commission, meant to be independent from the legislature, is made up of individuals selected by leaders from the state Senate and Assembly, and the original eight members pick two additional members.

But Ocasio-Cortez’s most determined adversaries are not partisan Republicans, but Democrats who say that she has been a disruptive influence. The Hill recently reported that at least one member of Congress has been urging New York party leaders to recruit a Democratic primary challenger to Ocasio-Cortez. But the news led to a surge of donations to Ocasio-Cortez, suggesting that a more efficient means of ousting her might be simply to eliminate her district.

Old 20-07-2019, 04:59 PM #107
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
don't give in to Trump, stand your ground Democrats please

you can't give the orange giant baby what he wants, he can't have his way all the damn time

and yeah i know that nickname can be seen as an insult but i stand my ground in my views against trump

he just is unfit for presidency, way more suited for reality tv with his desire for over the top drama tweets

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.

Last edited by Nicky91; 20-07-2019 at 05:02 PM.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2019, 05:02 PM #108
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
don't give in to Trump, stand your ground Democrats please

you can't give the orange giant baby what he wants, he can't have his way all the damn time
To be fair I think he'd love AOC to stay

In most ways they're polar opposites, but they're both literal case studies for Kruger Dunning.

Last edited by Oliver_W; 20-07-2019 at 05:03 PM.
Old 20-07-2019, 05:43 PM #109

arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2019, 05:54 PM #110
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Again though, NM said "Israel" is not a race, not that Jews are not a race. Are Jews Israel? Is Israel Jews? Are they one and the same? I know there are plenty of non-Israeli *Jews* who would very firmly make the distinction and considering the two to be one and the same is a HUGE problem because while Jews are a race and a religion, Israel and the Israeli government are political entities and its vital that they ARE open to criticism.
All right TS, take a breath.

No, I understand Israel is not a race.

I was merely saying that Jews, even though there are white Jews, black Jews, all shades of Jew, we still consider ourselves a race. That's all...

Israel is open to criticism and it should be open to it, just like every other country in the world. But it depends how you criticise it and what for, just like every other country.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2019, 08:28 PM #111
Banned

Banned

Quote:
That seems unlikely, she is way too popular and if she is removed from her position through political manoeuvring rather than losing an election then the Dems would deal more damage to themselves for very little benefit. I don't think AOC is going anywhere and that scenario is more of a right wing wet dream rather than anything else.

At the end of the day, AOC has a huge supporter base that the democrats do not want to alienate and they won't redraw lines and risk losing a district to get rid of someone who is a rising star in their office, someone who is a lightning rod to the Right Wing but is immune to Right Wing bull****.

She's not going anywhere unless she loses.

Last edited by Tom4784; 20-07-2019 at 08:28 PM.
Old 20-07-2019, 09:26 PM #112
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
That seems unlikely, she is way too popular and if she is removed from her position through political manoeuvring rather than losing an election then the Dems would deal more damage to themselves for very little benefit. I don't think AOC is going anywhere and that scenario is more of a right wing wet dream rather than anything else.
The right wing don't hate or fear her, no-one's threatened by her ... she's just a living meme generator who says dumb stuff.

But oh sure, there are some knuckle-draggers who can't stand a prominent Latina speaking out, but they're the minority.

Old 20-07-2019, 09:36 PM #113
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Quote:
The right wing don't hate or fear her, no-one's threatened by her ... she's just a living meme generator who says dumb stuff.

But oh sure, there are some knuckle-draggers who can't stand a prominent Latina speaking out, but they're the minority.
King of dumb stuff is the current president and his title is unassailable so
Twosugars is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2019, 09:47 PM #114
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twosugars View Post
King of dumb stuff is the current president and his title is unassailable so
Like I said before, the two things they have in common is saying dumb stuff and Kruger Dunning

Old 20-07-2019, 10:22 PM #115
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Inspired
Twosugars is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-07-2019, 11:27 PM #116
-

-

Quote:
Quote:
Like I said before, the two things they have in common is saying dumb stuff and Kruger Dunning
Can you actually quote some of this "dumb stuff", and outline your understanding of the Dunning-Kruger effect? Or is this just yet another thing you've heard someone say on Reddit . Because also, I've never actually seen referred to as "Kruger Dunning", because that's not what it's called, making me wonder if you have any idea what you're talking about.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2019, 12:09 AM #117
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Can you actually quote some of this "dumb stuff", and outline your understanding of the Dunning-Kruger effect? Or is this just yet another thing you've heard someone say on Reddit . Because also, I've never actually seen referred to as "Kruger Dunning", because that's not what it's called, making me wonder if you have any idea what you're talking about.

I bet in a dumb stuff saying contest, no matter what she said, she cant beat Donnie.

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2019, 02:47 AM #118
Banned

Banned

Quote:

Right Wing Media can't keep her name out of their mouths. Everything she does, they cover extensively and they look for any reason (and when they can't find one, they make one up) to slate or disaparage her. Fox News has mentioned her more times then they've mentioned the democratic presidential candidates.

You don't focus so much energy on trying to ruin someone if you don't fear them. The Right Wing are terrified of what she represents and how much of a following she has.

I think the fact you think she's just a meme generator says it all, you don't know much about her at all, you brand what she says dumb but a lot of the stuff she's fighting for are things we enjoy. Do you think the NHS is dumb? Do you not think that the US should have similar healthcare? A living wage so that teachers don't have to work two jobs? ETC. Are these two concepts dumb to you? You need to stop listening to your right wing youtubers that tell you what you want to hear and start looking up the facts. If you think a lot of what AOC wants to achieve is dumb then you believe that a lot of the rights and services we have in the UK are dumb as well.
Old 21-07-2019, 03:10 AM #119

A German Magazine

arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2019, 05:45 AM #120
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Donald Trump has retweeted videos posted by Katie Hopkins supporting his recent attacks on four US congresswomen.

The president shared two messages featuring Hopkins defending his leadership.

Hopkins also took aim at Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez and her fellow Democrat Congresswomen, known as “the squad”.

Hopkins’ original tweet read: “How I wish we had such leadership in the UK.

“Don’t like this country? Don’t like what it gives you? Then leave.”

“Trump does not give offence. #TheSquad choose to take it. #TheSquad need to make better decisions.”

Minutes later, the firebrand president shared a second post from Hopkins, again weighing in on London Mayor Sadiq Khan.

Hopkins’ Tweet read: “The Met Police. Officers says they have lost control of London streets.

“Apparently they lost control of their twitter account too."

But Mr Trump commented: “With the incompetent Mayor of London, you will never have safe streets!

The President previously told Democrats Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar, Ayanna Pressley and Rashida Tlaib to “go back” to their home countries - even though all are citizens and three were born in the US.

Despite the Democratic-led House of Representatives voting to condemn Trump's "racist comments”, the President doubled down and continued his attack.

It comes after the Metropolitan Police's Twitter account was targeted by hackers who posted multiple bizarre and unauthorised messages.

Late on Friday night, a number of posts were sent from the force's Twitter account, which has more than 1.22 million followers, calling for the release of drill rap artist Digga D.
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2019, 05:57 AM #121
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...the Donald needs to look at his own streets instead of spending so much time tweeting about other countries.../...imagine all of that tweeting time spent, if he actually attempted to do something presidential...hmmmmm, no actually...he still couldn’t manage presidential behaviour no matter how much extra time...
Old 21-07-2019, 06:10 AM #122

Favourites (more):
CBB 11: Speidi
BB13: Adam

Favourites (more):
CBB 11: Speidi
BB13: Adam

I still have stomach churning when I hear the chant "Send her back"

It's facisim 101.It still is bizzare that in 2019 this is considered normal.He is not even bothered about the fact he will be known as a racist ...in fact he enjoys it
lime is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2019, 06:22 AM #123
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...sadly it’s a significant part of his support structure/his prejudices, which is why he ‘enjoys it’...his smug face at the sickening chants of the crowd...if only we knew it would take so many decades to get nowhere.....
Old 21-07-2019, 06:43 AM #124
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...he said that Europe was losing its culture because of immigration...but immigration is what forges so much of the world and what moulds countries and what makes them what they are and what we love about them...we would live in ignorance if we lived in isolation and insulation...and then we regress...
Old 21-07-2019, 09:35 AM #125
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
A German Magazine

Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
attacks, back, crowd, end, left, squad, usa, wing