Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 21-07-2019, 11:08 AM #151
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...so was it the Polish bit of you that was the influence for your excessive sugar habit, I’m wondering...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2019, 11:08 AM #152
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Polar opposite some opinions aren't they? Lovely polite people that are responsible for the rise of the far right in the UK.
Old 21-07-2019, 11:13 AM #153
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Aw ts please don't, see.. this is how brexit has impacted on our European cousins, its revolting how its fractured further our collective relationship.
Mind you to me being English we've always had an island mentality, a fear of forigners that was only slightly improved by the invention of the package holiday
Oh I know. We had some British history at school (shoutout for Polish education).
But you sort of hope all in Europe have moved on from the past and realized we're strongest together. So it hurts you know.
Especially as I'm convinced that the working class who voted for it was lied to (immigration will continue but from outside Europe) and Britain will have less control as a junior partner of the US or China or the EU. It's a lose-lose situation for britain and europe. Putin must be happy though.

Last edited by Twosugars; 21-07-2019 at 12:01 PM.
Twosugars is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2019, 11:17 AM #154
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...so was it the Polish bit of you that was the influence for your excessive sugar habit, I’m wondering...
Old 21-07-2019, 11:28 AM #155
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twosugars View Post
Oh I know. We had some British history at school (shootout for Polish education).
But you sort of hope all in Europe have moved on from the past and realized we're strongest together. So it hurts you know.
Especially as I'm convinced that the working class who voted for it was lied to (immigration will continue but from outside Europe) and Britain will have less control as a junior partner of the US or China or the EU. It's a lose-lose situation for britain and europe. Putin must be happy though.
Well this was my first thought when the discussion on brexit was first started here, what if free trade is tied to free movement outside the EU... how will that impact on 'culture'? Then there were the suggestions for working visas for those sectors such as farming or nursing, they won't be granted citizen status but can work here. So as to employment laws are they employed here or in their contr of origin via agencies?
How's that going to go down here, how will that help anyone? I know what it sounds like to me, modern day slavery! Disadvantaged people with reduced rights...what else is it?
Old 21-07-2019, 11:42 AM #156
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Well this was my first thought when the discussion on brexit was first started here, what if free trade is tied to free movement outside the EU... how will that impact on 'culture'? Then there were the suggestions for working visas for those sectors such as farming or nursing, they won't be granted citizen status but can work here. So as to employment laws are they employed here or in their contr of origin via agencies?
How's that going to go down here, how will that help anyone? I know what it sounds like to me, modern day slavery! Disadvantaged people with reduced rights...what else is it?
India will deffo want Visa restrictions lifted.
Old 21-07-2019, 11:49 AM #157
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Well of course, outside of the EU we'll be aligning ourselves with the BRIC... and the US.
Which is just going to be fantastic for our human rights record :/
Old 21-07-2019, 01:30 PM #158
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
100% Whats causing it, people are sick and tired of it and esp when a working man sees what they get for free that he has to work overtime for
Oh, the whole 'THESE MUSLIMS GET A MANSION AND 10MILLION IN BENEFITS WHILE ____ IS ON THE STREETS' is just propaganda for the gullible and for people trying to validate their hatred.

No, muslims or immigrants aren't getting more than you are.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2019, 01:36 PM #159
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Do we think it's a coincidence that in the countries where people have been admitted en masse, without any consultation with the public, the far Right are on the rise. And I don't mean just refugees from Africa and the Middle East, I mean the massive move west of millions of people from eastern Europe who disseminated all over western Europe after the massive and quick expansion of the EU in 2004.
It's more to do with the fact that these people don't like diversity or progress and they want to turn the clock back. Immigration is just the excuse. There was a film I watched recently, can't remember the name of it but it was about the financial crisis and at the end one of the characters spoke about how he feared that the poor and immigration would end up being blamed for it all and the film ended not long after with a few written sentences detailing what happened next and at first they were like 'Banks were held accountable for their screwups and were dissolved for it, PSYCH! We blamed poor people and immigration instead!'. Same thing is happening again and will always happen.

The US doesn't have an issue with immigration, they have an issue with brown immigrants. Trump isn't making out that white European immigrants are the problem, he's not said a word about it. Immigration, as ever, is just the excuse.
Old 21-07-2019, 01:38 PM #160
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
It's more to do with the fact that these people don't like diversity or progress and they want to turn the clock back. Immigration is just the excuse. There was a film I watched recently, can't remember the name of it but it was about the financial crisis and at the end one of the characters spoke about how he feared that the poor and immigration would end up being blamed for it all and the film ended not long after with a few written sentences detailing what happened next and at first they were like 'Banks were held accountable for their screwups and were dissolved for it, PSYCH! We blamed poor people and immigration instead!'. Same thing is happening again and will always happen.

The US doesn't have an issue with immigration, they have an issue with brown immigrants. Trump isn't making out that white European immigrants are the problem, he's not said a word about it. Immigration, as ever, is just the excuse.
Completely agree, well said.
Old 21-07-2019, 01:46 PM #161

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace

Favourites:

Quote:
Oh, the whole 'THESE MUSLIMS GET A MANSION AND 10MILLION IN BENEFITS WHILE ____ IS ON THE STREETS' is just propaganda for the gullible and for people trying to validate their hatred.

No, muslims or immigrants aren't getting more than you are.
Incorrect...People working full time are getting nothing, being made to sit on council housing lists for 10 years plus (even when prepared to pay full rent), all the while their tax money is paying to house the above.

Just stating fact
Swan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2019, 01:51 PM #162
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
Incorrect...People working full time are getting nothing, being made to sit on council housing lists for 10 years plus (even when prepared to pay full rent), all the while their tax money is paying to house the above.

Just stating fact
Clickbaity facebook memes that beg you to share if you are outraged are not reliable news sources.

Last edited by Tom4784; 21-07-2019 at 01:51 PM.
Old 21-07-2019, 01:53 PM #163

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Clickbaity facebook memes that beg you to share if you are outraged are not reliable news sources.
I don't have facebook so i wouldn't know.
Swan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2019, 01:54 PM #164
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
"It's more to do with the fact that these people don't like diversity or progress and they want to turn the clock back. Immigration is just the excuse."

and what is your source for this bold statement?
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2019, 02:03 PM #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
"It's more to do with the fact that these people don't like diversity or progress and they want to turn the clock back. Immigration is just the excuse."

Their racist statements?
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2019, 02:06 PM #166
Banned

Banned

Quote:

I'm going to explain some things to you, so settle in.

What Swan stated was not an opinion nor a statement, he was stating a falsity as a fact based on typical outrage media that distorts the truth for clicks. No, immigrants are not being given mansions and millions of pounds in benefits and to make out that's the case is just perpetuating a lie.

As for my opinion, look at the world. Trump, despite people predicting he would stick people seeking immigration and asylum in concentration camps and that he would be defined by racism, he still won because people disregarded the signs because they wanted a reason to validate their own hatred and anyone who went with him because they bought his bull**** about Hillary have since disavowed him. The only people left in Trump's corner now are people who are fine with concentration camps and racist sentiments. Places that have seen progress are seeing the Right Wing double down with hatred to try to take back a foothold. Look at Bolsonero in Brazil, the controversy over Puerto Rico's governer, the countries in Europe that are seeing a rise of far right extremism on a wave of hatred for diversity and equality. Immigrants aren't to blame, equality is not to blame, diversity is not to blame, it's the fault of hatred and bigotry and nothing more.

If you're trying to demand a source for an opinion, go relearn what an opinion is because you misunderstand what it entails but all you have to do to see that I'm right is to open your eyes and look at the state of the world.
Old 21-07-2019, 02:14 PM #167
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
I'm going to explain some things to you, so settle in.

What Swan stated was not an opinion nor a statement, he was stating a falsity as a fact based on typical outrage media that distorts the truth for clicks. No, immigrants are not being given mansions and millions of pounds in benefits and to make out that's the case is just perpetuating a lie.

As for my opinion, look at the world. Trump, despite people predicting he would stick people seeking immigration and asylum in concentration camps and that he would be defined by racism, he still won because people disregarded the signs because they wanted a reason to validate their own hatred and anyone who went with him because they bought his bull**** about Hillary have since disavowed him. The only people left in Trump's corner now are people who are fine with concentration camps and racist sentiments. Places that have seen progress are seeing the Right Wing double down with hatred to try to take back a foothold. Look at Bolsonero in Brazil, the controversy over Puerto Rico's governer, the countries in Europe that are seeing a rise of far right extremism on a wave of hatred for diversity and equality. Immigrants aren't to blame, equality is not to blame, diversity is not to blame, it's the fault of hatred and bigotry and nothing more.

If you're trying to demand a source for an opinion, go relearn what an opinion is because you misunderstand what it entails but all you have to do to see that I'm right is to open your eyes and look at the state of the world.
ok so just your subjective opinion based on your own worldview, my bad - it just read like it had come from some source as you were so sure? I am sure that plenty will disagree, especially in America.
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2019, 02:20 PM #168
Banned

Banned

Quote:
ok so just your subjective opinion based on your own worldview, my bad - it just read like it had come from some source as you were so sure? I am sure that plenty will disagree, especially in America.
People are free to close their eyes to events if it bothers them but it doesn't change what's happening. Trump IS a racist, denying it is just denying reality at this point.
Old 21-07-2019, 03:00 PM #169
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Trump's approval rating is currently in the 40s - not exactly high, but also more than just people who are okay with the imaginary concentration camps

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-07-2019, 07:24 PM #170
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
Trump's approval rating is currently in the 40s - not exactly high, but also more than just people who are okay with the imaginary concentration camps
Imaginary? Are you trying to pretend that there aren't camps filled with immigrants that have been split up from their families? That at LEAST 7 children haven't died thus far? That the people running these camps haven't been caught in a private facebook group mocking the people they should be protecting and making out that AOC should be raped?

You can't just say something doesnt' exist because you don't want to acknowledge it, these camps are very ****ing real and by denying it you are putting yourself on the wrong side of history.

As for Trump's supporters, anybody that still supports him supports his racism and the rampant human rights abuses occuring at the border. It's just a dark sign that 40% of Americans are racist.
Old 21-07-2019, 07:27 PM #171
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Of course the holding centres exist, but to call them "concentration camps" isn't really accurate.

Why would you automatically assume the approval rating means they're all racist? Maybe some people can look at more than one detail at a time, and they like the job he's doing aside from how the holding centres are run.

Old 21-07-2019, 07:33 PM #172
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Quote:
Of course the holding centres exist, but to call them "concentration camps" isn't really accurate.

Why would you automatically assume the approval rating means they're all racist? Maybe some people can look at more than one detail at a time, and they like the job he's doing aside from how the holding centres are run.
And what job would that be? American economy runs itself with gentle prodding by the Federal Reserve
The man is an idiot, you heard him enough times. You think he actually manages anything? he has no ****ing clue

Last edited by Twosugars; 21-07-2019 at 07:34 PM.
Old 21-07-2019, 07:36 PM #173
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twosugars View Post
And what job would that be? American economy runs itself with gentle prodding by the Federal Reserve
The man is an idiot, you heard him enough times. You think he actually manages anything? he has no ****ing clue
I'm sure paying less tax is appreciated

Old 21-07-2019, 07:40 PM #174
Banned

Banned

Quote:

You're arguing whether the concentration camps should be called concentration camps, you are more concerned with their name then the human rights abuses going on there. Think about that.

Trump IS a racist, it's undeniable at this point and the only people trying are people in denial and don't want to admit that they agree with his racism or at least they want to excuse it. He is not bothered about white immigrants, he has not told opposition of european heritage to go back home, only people of arabic or south american descent. His whole shtick is about demonsing latin and arabic people and he has done it freely before the election and since. He has told american citizens to 'go home' based purely on their race. Trump is a racist, you can pretend that he isn't all you want but that's not gonna change the truth.

Trump has pretty much done nothing of note during his administration aside from riding on the coattails of the previous administration. He has increased the deficit and used tax reforms to give his friends a pay cut and he's given those friends positions in his cabinet so you have the likes of Betsy Devos ****ing up education for the whole country. The only notable thing of his entire administration is his racism and his cruelty so if people are still supporting him, they are supporting him based on that.

If anyone can look at what has transpired over the past few years and still say they support Trump then they are most likely a racist.
Old 21-07-2019, 07:41 PM #175
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Quote:
I'm sure paying less tax is appreciated
By whom? Working people are paying more and the tax cut has blown the deficit.

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
attacks, back, crowd, end, left, squad, usa, wing