Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Tech, Movies & Video Games Discuss technology, movies and video games here.

Old 12-06-2019, 10:40 PM #1101
-

-

But yeah story-wise i have no ****ing idea what is going on
Fetch The Bolt Cutters is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 10:44 PM #1102

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Jade View Post
Never played FF but its £15 in Asda
Aside from a few characters (and some games don't even have Final Fantasy characters) there's not too much overlap between FF and Kingdom Hearts - you can definitely play KH without playing Final Fantasy
Ant. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-06-2019, 12:06 PM #1103
-

-

I bit the bullet and started Days Gone... it is indeed a bit derivative (there's some Last Of Us in there, elements of a LOT of open world games, a "wheel" crafting system that is basically straight out of Horizon) but I actually don't mind and am enjoying it . The atmosphere is good, it's well acted, the zombie killing is fun... and I also haven't yet encountered any glaring bugs.

ONE MAJOR GRIPE - there's a menu system that activates on swiping the PS4 touchpad. I have big hands with long fingers and so when using the analogue sticks, my thumbs quite frequently brush against the touchpad. Not hard enough to press it - but enough to swipe it and activate a menu . This is a problem I've encountered with a couple of games and it does my head in. STOP this feature, developers! .

It's not an actual issue in this one because using the "swipe feature" is optional, though not toggleable. Optional as in there is an alternative way to control the same menus (PRESSING the touchpad to activate and then navigating with L1/R1) and the touchpad has no other use... and thus... I have created a workaround by sticking a piece of cardboard to the touchpad

A "disable swipe" option would be very welcome and I imagine not hard to implement.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 17-06-2019 at 12:08 PM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-06-2019, 10:00 PM #1104
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
Red Dead Redemption 1.

So far not in the same league as the second one imo.
I've completed the game.

Overall I'd say that I liked the game, but it is definitely flawed imo, it's no 95% game like Metacritic makes out for me personally, the Mexico and Dutch stuff are really strong in the game, and the side stuff are strong as well imo, but the Ranch levels in Chapter 1 & 4 are incredibly annoying, dull, and display clunky controls imo (even by Rockstar standards) and the game can be incredibly glitchy to the point where you have to redo the mission all over again (Assault On Fort Mercer I'm looking at you) so it stops the game from being anywhere near RDR2's quality where I never encountered any glitches on that game and I did a lot of the content on that game.

Overall though I'd recommend anybody that hasn't played the first RDR to grim and bare through the glitches and the Ranch levels just to get to the Mexico and Dutch stories which are really strong imo, and the levels get more exciting for me personally.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-06-2019, 10:04 PM #1105

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I bit the bullet and started Days Gone... it is indeed a bit derivative (there's some Last Of Us in there, elements of a LOT of open world games, a "wheel" crafting system that is basically straight out of Horizon) but I actually don't mind and am enjoying it . The atmosphere is good, it's well acted, the zombie killing is fun... and I also haven't yet encountered any glaring bugs.

ONE MAJOR GRIPE - there's a menu system that activates on swiping the PS4 touchpad. I have big hands with long fingers and so when using the analogue sticks, my thumbs quite frequently brush against the touchpad. Not hard enough to press it - but enough to swipe it and activate a menu . This is a problem I've encountered with a couple of games and it does my head in. STOP this feature, developers! .

It's not an actual issue in this one because using the "swipe feature" is optional, though not toggleable. Optional as in there is an alternative way to control the same menus (PRESSING the touchpad to activate and then navigating with L1/R1) and the touchpad has no other use... and thus... I have created a workaround by sticking a piece of cardboard to the touchpad

A "disable swipe" option would be very welcome and I imagine not hard to implement.
I like the sound of Last Of Us elements being in the game.

KRO!
Old 18-06-2019, 08:21 PM #1106
-

-

I actually think this has gotten an unfairly bad rap. Some if the emergent gameplay is fantastic.

I was sneaking around a train yard, collecting supplies, seeking gas for the ol bike which was nearly dry. I'd scouted it out with binoculars, all looked clear... Everything fine... I suddenly hear the faint sound of zombies and ominous music starts... Hear a noise behind me... And like literally 50+ of the ****ers come pouring out of an old freight train, running full speed at me.

I absolutely sh** myself . Alone in my house this afternoon screaming "fuuuuuuuuuuuuck!" at the top of my voice, hahaha.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 18-06-2019 at 08:22 PM.
Old 25-06-2019, 10:28 AM #1107
-

-

Update on Day's Gone after some more gameplay:

There are indeed bugs. Nothing game breaking thus far and mostly amusing, but yeah... buggy. My favourite thus far was sniping a guy at a camp who was sat at a table and he went into an animation like he was falling from height, and then froze... so he was just stuck, sat there at the table, with his arms straight up in the air, dead .

I'm also pretty sure a wolf I was fighting spontaneously turned into a zombie? I was fighting it, I panned the camera away to turn around, when I turned backl there was no wolf and instead a zombie was running at me. I *guess* the zombie could have appeared from somewhere and killed the wolf, and then come after me, but it would have been very quick and I saw no wolf corpse .

Other major gripe: The sound direction for dialogue, is awful. The voice acting is fine, the content of the dialogue is fine. The volume of voices is ALL OVER THE PLACE. Not the sound mixing, the actual speech. Like one line will be spoken and the next shouted at the top of his voice. Also sometimes you're talking to someone and they're talking normally, but you're bellowing in their face . There are also these little radio broadcasts and your character sort of mutters his skeptical thoughts about them when they finish... except he sometimes straight up screeches them into the air. "OH YEAH RIGHT THAT'S GREAT FOR YOU BUDDYYYYYYYYY BUT WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF US!!!"

There's no one around. You're just... shouting. Into the air. Whcih I guess could even be fine if you could see it like a venting of frustration but he does it whenever and wherever. Hiding in a bush because zombies? SHOUT about the radio broadcast. Sneaking into an enemy camp. SHOUT!! And somewhat immersion-breakingly... enemies don't hear these shouts. You can be right next to them hiding, and shouting, and they walk right past as though you're silent as a mouse.

HOWEVER, still, rising the motorbike is fun and the larger hordes of zombies are just brilliant crap-your-pants gameplay. Earlier I hid outside one of their hibernation caves and waited for nightfall (they all start coming out in large groups at night). Hid behind a tree, waited for loads on them, threw a grenade into the middle and then ran like **** . About 20 died and the rest were not pleased...

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 25-06-2019 at 10:30 AM.
Old 02-07-2019, 12:05 PM #1108

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

It sounds like a fun game TS, like most things it's flawed but overall enjoyable.

I've been playing Sonic 06 over the last couple of days as it was the one Sonic game I couldn't get into, however whilst it's still my least favourite Sonic game (yes I like Rise Of Lyric) I actually enjoy most of the gameplay, it's biggest flaw for me is Elise herself, her character is a poor knock-off of Princess Peach imo (who is a poor character herself) but Elise has no interesting dynamics with anyone, and a horror show romance with Sonic which makes you really yearn for Sonic to either stay single or just hook up with Amy.

KRO!
Old 02-07-2019, 12:25 PM #1109
In my nice era

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tia Kofi
DOI 2020: Ben Hanlin

In my nice era

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tia Kofi
DOI 2020: Ben Hanlin

Mario maker 2.
Old 07-07-2019, 09:22 PM #1110

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It sounds like a fun game TS, like most things it's flawed but overall enjoyable.

I've been playing Sonic 06 over the last couple of days as it was the one Sonic game I couldn't get into, however whilst it's still my least favourite Sonic game (yes I like Rise Of Lyric) I actually enjoy most of the gameplay, it's biggest flaw for me is Elise herself, her character is a poor knock-off of Princess Peach imo (who is a poor character herself) but Elise has no interesting dynamics with anyone, and a horror show romance with Sonic which makes you really yearn for Sonic to either stay single or just hook up with Amy.
I've finally beaten the game, it's definitely worth your money if you want a long span Platformer.

I'm overall positive about the game, it has mostly fun levels, a decent overworld with things to do in it, and some stellar boss fights that I proudly put in some of my toughest boss fights in any Sonic game.

However I still am adamant that the Sonic and Elise romance was atrocious and tanks Sonic's character in the game in terms of his story in the game, and it's not just because of the beastiality angle like a lot of people tend to go on about (with good reason tbf) but their dialogue was awful with each other and Sonic's personality was rewritten in the game to fit that horrible romance that had no chemistry whatsoever. Another flaw the game does suffer from is a really horrible lag during areas where there are swarms of enemies to defeat, I mean I get that it was the first main game in the franchise in the PS3 era, but it was quite annoying.

Here's my rankings of the modes in terms of gameplay.

1. Sonic
2. Shadow
3. The Last Episode
4. Silver

My rankings of the modes in terms of story.

1. Shadow
2. Silver
3. The Last Episode
4. Sonic

Overall as I've said in my other post, this is my worst Sonic game that I've played as even though I like the game I can understand why other people wouldn't like the game as some of it's flaws are quite offputting which imo I didn't encounter as many offputting elements in other unpopular/controversial Sonic installments such as the Riders franchise, Rise Of Lyric, or Shadow The Hedgehog (which seriously needs to be put up on the PSN) so it's why I'd mark it as my worst.

I apologize for the monologue.

KRO!
Old 25-07-2019, 12:09 PM #1111
-

-

Just finished (and got the platinum for ) Days Gone. I actually really, really enjoyed it. The first 1/3 of the story is slow and the gameplay doesn't pick up until later either when you get the better weapons and items (napalm molotovs ) and I honestly think the low metascore for the game MUST largely be down to reviewers not getting past the first maybe 10 hours of the game. IMO the storyline and characters are actually great, but they don't really start to develop at all until you reach the third camp.

And fighting hordes is just plain fun.

Even riding around on the bike; fun once it's maybe 50% to fully upgraded and beyond, a bit frustrating before that when it's junk. Some poor design choices I guess, putting people off the game in the opening act.

Some poor design IS there (the stealth NERO missions are frustrating and boring), it's not groundbreaking technically other than the huge hordes (human AI and gunplay is serviceable but nothing new).

There were minor bugs throughout, I was going to say nothing major, but then an hour or so from the end of the game I was riding full speed across a bridge high over a river and it just... popped out of existence. The entire bridge. Leaving me sailing through the air at top speed to my death in the river below ... but meh, it was funny so.

Anyway, I had a great time with it, the twist if you get the "extra" ending sets up an interesting sequel.

It's an easy 8/10 imo. A rare harsh critique from the reviewers who usually over-inflate ratings if anything.

Oh I would also add though - the game is not scary. The first few hordes you encounter are pretty scary for the "WHAT??" factor but once you unlock some of the weapons in the second region, Deacon St John is a zombie massacring machine armed to the teeth with heavy machine guns, anti-materiel sniper rifles and explosives. They throw some bigger / tougher enemies at you later but the .50 cal rifle will take their head off and the machine guns cut through swarms of weaker enemies like butter . So it's fun in a power fantasy "Just Cause" sort of way, more than a "heeelp meee" Last Of Us way.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 25-07-2019 at 12:36 PM.
Old 26-07-2019, 03:19 AM #1112

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Mass Effect: Andromeda.

I quite like it, although I've never played the first three so maybe I'm not in the bubble of where the controversies lie in this particular game, I've only ever seen my Brother play the other installments.

My favourite character so far is Drack, the Krogan storyline interests me.

KRO!
Old 26-07-2019, 09:24 AM #1113
-

-

Quote:
Mass Effect: Andromeda.

I quite like it, although I've never played the first three so maybe I'm not in the bubble of where the controversies lie in this particular game, I've only ever seen my Brother play the other installments.

My favourite character so far is Drack, the Krogan storyline interests me.
The first three games were amazing Mock. Like 9/10, 10/10 and 9/10 for one two and three. Mass Effect 2 is easily one of the best, if not THE best character-driven RPG of all time.

So yes it's not that Andromeda was flat out "bad", it just had its problems and was an absolutely HUGE disappointment for fans of the series.

I'd still recommend going back and playing the original trilogy even now. Mass Effect 1 especially might feel a little bit dated, but not ancient (yet) so I'd play it while it still feels like a relatively modern game!
Old 31-07-2019, 01:28 AM #1114

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
The first three games were amazing Mock. Like 9/10, 10/10 and 9/10 for one two and three. Mass Effect 2 is easily one of the best, if not THE best character-driven RPG of all time.

So yes it's not that Andromeda was flat out "bad", it just had its problems and was an absolutely HUGE disappointment for fans of the series.

I'd still recommend going back and playing the original trilogy even now. Mass Effect 1 especially might feel a little bit dated, but not ancient (yet) so I'd play it while it still feels like a relatively modern game!
Oh I hear how great the first 3 are all of the time, I'm definitely planning on trying to do the trilogy after Andromeda as I've been playing older games than Mass Effect 1 in recent times.

And with Andromeda I've definitely caught a few bugs in the game, twice where I've had to redo fights because the game had enemies on my radar that just weren't there. But I've got to say that overall I've loved the game so if the first three really are better then I should be in for a treat.

KRO!
Old 31-07-2019, 01:31 AM #1115

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Just finished (and got the platinum for ) Days Gone. I actually really, really enjoyed it. The first 1/3 of the story is slow and the gameplay doesn't pick up until later either when you get the better weapons and items (napalm molotovs ) and I honestly think the low metascore for the game MUST largely be down to reviewers not getting past the first maybe 10 hours of the game. IMO the storyline and characters are actually great, but they don't really start to develop at all until you reach the third camp.

And fighting hordes is just plain fun.

Even riding around on the bike; fun once it's maybe 50% to fully upgraded and beyond, a bit frustrating before that when it's junk. Some poor design choices I guess, putting people off the game in the opening act.

Some poor design IS there (the stealth NERO missions are frustrating and boring), it's not groundbreaking technically other than the huge hordes (human AI and gunplay is serviceable but nothing new).

There were minor bugs throughout, I was going to say nothing major, but then an hour or so from the end of the game I was riding full speed across a bridge high over a river and it just... popped out of existence. The entire bridge. Leaving me sailing through the air at top speed to my death in the river below ... but meh, it was funny so.

Anyway, I had a great time with it, the twist if you get the "extra" ending sets up an interesting sequel.

It's an easy 8/10 imo. A rare harsh critique from the reviewers who usually over-inflate ratings if anything.

Oh I would also add though - the game is not scary. The first few hordes you encounter are pretty scary for the "WHAT??" factor but once you unlock some of the weapons in the second region, Deacon St John is a zombie massacring machine armed to the teeth with heavy machine guns, anti-materiel sniper rifles and explosives. They throw some bigger / tougher enemies at you later but the .50 cal rifle will take their head off and the machine guns cut through swarms of weaker enemies like butter . So it's fun in a power fantasy "Just Cause" sort of way, more than a "heeelp meee" Last Of Us way.
Days Gone sounds like a fun game.

KRO!
Old 04-08-2019, 12:54 PM #1116
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Shenmue 2

Spoiler:

LukeB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 01:18 PM #1117
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 5: Curtis
Who, Douglas?

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle
Love Island 5: Curtis

I have loads of games that I haven’t opened yet - just haven’t had time.

I think they consist of Detroitte become human, days gone, mario odyssey, mario rabbids

Will play one when I’m less busy in September but not sure which one

New Love Island least faves: Kaz, Tyler, Faye, Sharon, Rachel

Sig images and links removed for rule breaking - TiBB Staff
DouglasS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 01:27 PM #1118
ਵਫ਼ਾਦਾਰੀ ☬

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Siannise
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
ਵਫ਼ਾਦਾਰੀ ☬

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Siannise
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle

Red Dead Redemption 2, game of the century
SherzyK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 01:35 PM #1119
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherzyK View Post
Playing that soon! Probably when i finished shenmue 2.

Spoiler:

Old 08-08-2019, 06:44 PM #1120
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Downloaded a free version of Ashes Cricket (2017). Thought I'd find it boring but I love it.

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 07:16 PM #1121
Mode: Broken

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Sheldon
BBCanada 7: Anthony

Mode: Broken

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Sheldon
BBCanada 7: Anthony

Phelios and RoboCop vs Terminator.
Calderyon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2019, 03:07 PM #1122
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Completed Shenmue 2 the other day and omg it's still great and i'm definitely looking forward to Shenmue 3.

Now i'm playing Spyro 2

Spoiler:

Old 22-08-2019, 10:59 PM #1123

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherzyK View Post
It's a fantastic game isn't it? a massive step up in quality from RDR1 imo.

I'm not playing this game but instead watching my Brother play the game and that's Dragon Quest XI, the gameplay looks fine but why is the story so bad? Literally most of the villains have had redemption arcs where we're at and I think that the game is nearly over so it's quite a lot of redemption arcs considering the game is over 50 hours long.

The main plot is barely above TWD TV Series level wafer thin. The game killed off it's best character imo, and Rab and Salvando don't ****! during the second half of the game.

I get that first and foremost it's a game rather than anything else, but it's story makes me feel like I'm losing IQ points when it comes to their efforts at redemption arcs imo, even when the characters are more interesting (like Krystalinda) the game rushes the redemption and makes it come across like another Spike or Negan level of stupidity.

KRO!
Old 01-09-2019, 08:59 PM #1124
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Far Cry 5!

I'm really enjoying atm, i'm on the last region. It's my first far cry game i played so i'm considering get others that's on PS4.

Faith is iconic, shame i had to kill her

Spoiler:

Old 02-09-2019, 04:07 PM #1125
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeB View Post
Far Cry 5!

I'm really enjoying atm, i'm on the last region. It's my first far cry game i played so i'm considering get others that's on PS4.

Faith is iconic, shame i had to kill her
Ugh i LOVED her
Fetch The Bolt Cutters is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
game or s, playing