Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Football Discuss football in general, including The World Cup, Premier League and Champions League.

Old 24-08-2019, 11:52 AM #1
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

Default Premier League Summer Transfer Window could be moved back to 31st August

A handful of PL managers have already came out and said the early transfer window deadline makes no sense and should fall back in with the rest of the European top leagues.

Apparently a new vote is planned that would need 11 clubs to vote in favour of taking it back to 31st

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2019, 11:55 AM #2
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

It'll give FSG an extra couple of weeks to not do anything.
Old 24-08-2019, 12:00 PM #3
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
It'll give FSG an extra couple of weeks to not do anything.
What do you mean not do nothing?

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Old 24-08-2019, 12:02 PM #4
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

??
Old 24-08-2019, 12:03 PM #5
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

You do realise they were gonna bankroll another spending spree?

Klopp was the one who decided there was nobody available at the right price who would better the team

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Old 24-08-2019, 12:19 PM #6
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedSkengMan View Post
You do realise they were gonna bankroll another spending spree?

Klopp was the one who decided there was nobody available at the right price who would better the team
Come off it my friend. Klopp was talking all summer about not being able to afford players because we have to pay bills. This narrative has been twisted to pretend it was Klopp's decision. We'll spend next summer when they sell one of the front 3.
Old 24-08-2019, 12:29 PM #7
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Come off it my friend. Klopp was talking all summer about not being able to afford players because we have to pay bills. This narrative has been twisted to pretend it was Klopp's decision. We'll spend next summer when they sell one of the front 3.
We had the money from all the sales we have done over the last 3 years.

The team didnt really need strengthening and we was going to do what City do and pay 50m for a player to sit on the bench

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Old 24-08-2019, 12:37 PM #8
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

How anyone can slag off FSG after what they have done is mind boggling.

They are currently trying to sort out a new redevelopment of the stadium which will be much bigger then that was announced and they are also expected to announce a deal with Nike that will make it the most lucrative short deal in world football history.

They spent over 200m on players last year and spent a fair bit the year before so theywont spend that again this summer obviously.

They brought in 2 of the most sought after young players and will give them a chance in the first team like what more do fans want?

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Old 24-08-2019, 12:41 PM #9
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

no more transfer market at all

it's only a waste of money, and you can use all that money for other better things in life

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2019, 12:52 PM #10
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
How anyone can slag off FSG after what they have done is mind boggling.

They are currently trying to sort out a new redevelopment of the stadium which will be much bigger then that was announced and they are also expected to announce a deal with Nike that will make it the most lucrative short deal in world football history.

They spent over 200m on players last year and spent a fair bit the year before so theywont spend that again this summer obviously.

They brought in 2 of the most sought after young players and will give them a chance in the first team like what more do fans want?
They haven't really done anything extraordinary. They bought a distressed asset for peanuts, and screwed around with Hodgson and Rodgers before lucking into Klopp because of the type pf personality he is, no other top managers were looking at Liverpool struggling to make top 4 and thinking that's the club for me.

That redevelopment of Anfield was part of their purchasing agreement that they would commit to 60k fans either in anfield, or what was supposed to have been moving to a new stadium. I'm happy with staying, but they are only doing what they should be.

They spent that money because of player sales, just like every time they've spent any real money it's been on the back of sales.

After a season where our stock has never been higher, and with the opportunity to add some desperately needed top class to our squad because our midfield is good, but functional and lacking in creativity, and most importantly we have no real replacements for the front 3. They made all the promises post CL final, and then...nothing.

We've taken an inexpensive, moneyball punt on a couple of kids. I wish them luck, but there's no way in hell we get the same points as last season, or finish 1st with our business this summer.

Finishing 2nd to city is absolutely no crime, but finishing 2nd, getting record revenue/profits, then sitting on their hands all summer is about money.

That 200m potential nike deal is because of Klopp and what he's done with limited resources, not FSG. No Klopp, we're fighting around 6th still and nike aren't knocking on our door then.
Old 24-08-2019, 01:00 PM #11
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

What a bull**** post tbh.

They have plowed money after money into the club and continue to do so but as wealthy as they are they dont have 20b sat around like the City owner does or the PSG owners.

Also Hodson was appoint before they took over and was a last minute decision after Deschamps rejected the job.

They sacked him 2 months after buying the club and replaced him with a club legend for 18 months, then took a chance on the leagues most exciting young manager at the time.

Even though Klopp was #1 target Ancellotti actually wanted the job but they chose Klopp because of his work with youth

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Old 24-08-2019, 01:20 PM #12
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
What a bull**** post tbh.

They have plowed money after money into the club and continue to do so but as wealthy as they are they dont have 20b sat around like the City owner does or the PSG owners.

Also Hodson was appoint before they took over and was a last minute decision after Deschamps rejected the job.

They sacked him 2 months after buying the club and replaced him with a club legend for 18 months, then took a chance on the leagues most exciting young manager at the time.

Even though Klopp was #1 target Ancellotti actually wanted the job but they chose Klopp because of his work with youth
Idealistic nonsense. Time will tell which of us proves to be right, although if you see their work up to Klopp as great, then you probably will struggle to accept the reality that plays out.

Let's discuss this again in the middle of May and you can tell me how great they are again.
Old 24-08-2019, 01:44 PM #13
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

No manager ever wants to stay with a static setup. No manager would ever stop trying to strengthen their pool of players

Liverpool didnt win the premier league last season, so Klopp thinks, great, thats exactly where we want to be ... lets not improve
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2019, 07:58 PM #14
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan

Quote:
They haven't really done anything extraordinary. They bought a distressed asset for peanuts, and screwed around with Hodgson and Rodgers before lucking into Klopp because of the type pf personality he is, no other top managers were looking at Liverpool struggling to make top 4 and thinking that's the club for me.

That redevelopment of Anfield was part of their purchasing agreement that they would commit to 60k fans either in anfield, or what was supposed to have been moving to a new stadium. I'm happy with staying, but they are only doing what they should be.

They spent that money because of player sales, just like every time they've spent any real money it's been on the back of sales.

After a season where our stock has never been higher, and with the opportunity to add some desperately needed top class to our squad because our midfield is good, but functional and lacking in creativity, and most importantly we have no real replacements for the front 3. They made all the promises post CL final, and then...nothing.

We've taken an inexpensive, moneyball punt on a couple of kids. I wish them luck, but there's no way in hell we get the same points as last season, or finish 1st with our business this summer.

Finishing 2nd to city is absolutely no crime, but finishing 2nd, getting record revenue/profits, then sitting on their hands all summer is about money.

That 200m potential nike deal is because of Klopp and what he's done with limited resources, not FSG. No Klopp, we're fighting around 6th still and nike aren't knocking on our door then.
Tbf if you aren't gonna win this season's Premier League then you're going the wrong way about it.

Being serious I get what you mean with the owners, Klopp has done a superb job considering where Liverpool were when he tookover from Rodgers.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2019, 08:08 PM #15
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Quote:

Agree with this for two reasons. One, I always like to see Liverpool fans criticizing the team, even if its doing well and second, the bit in bold - other than Klopp - is the reason why you finished 2nd last year. No Coutinho sale, no Van Dijk purchase and what was the team like without Virgil again?

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis

Last edited by GiRTh; 24-08-2019 at 08:08 PM.
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
31st, august, back, league, moved, premier, summer, transfer, window