Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Old 25-08-2019, 01:21 PM #176
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan. View Post
I just watched episode 5, and to answer this

Spoiler:

The police discovered it wasn’t a gun wound but instead the hole in his head was made with phycisal violence
Spoiler:

Ahh right, must have missed that bit xD Seemed to be a huge plot hole.

Finished it now, and I do think it was quite good. Was pleasantly surprised that it didnt end up all about hannah again..and it seems any future episodes will just be..well general storytelling rather than centred around a character I found to be annoying, and manipulative..and juct an awful person tbh

but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 04:30 PM #177
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Ok episode 2 was booooooring... crazy ending tho!

Edit: Also these episodes are long af... and feel even longer

Quote:
Also my film theory student ass finally clicked how to tell the past from the present 5 episodes in.

The past scenes take up the whole screen, and they’re slightly brighter in colour. The present scenes have the black borders top and bottom, and they’re slightly duller in colour.
There's past scenes on this season?

I-

Spoiler:

Ok jk but yeah the flashbacks were sooooooo confusing for me at first so thanks this helped quite a bit for episode 2

As for the time frame.... how far back are the flashbacks? A few months before? I also feel like there's actually about 3 separate timeframes they switch between but maybe I'm tripping. Maybe I was thinking that just because of the couple flashbacks to the night of the dance (which is like a few days before present day I believe??

Last edited by JerseyWins; 25-08-2019 at 04:33 PM.
JerseyWins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 04:33 PM #178
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyWins View Post
Ok episode 2 was booooooring... crazy ending tho!

Edit: Also these episodes are long af... and feel even longer

There's past scenes on this season?

I-

Spoiler:

Ok jk but yeah the flashbacks were sooooooo confusing for me at first so thanks this helped quite a bit for episode 2

As for the time frame.... how far back are the flashbacks? A few months before? I also feel like there's actually about 3 separate timeframes they switch between but maybe I'm tripping. Maybe I was thinking that just because of the couple flashbacks to the night of the dance (which is like a few days before present day I believe??
Spoiler:

Bryce was murdered on that night

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 04:41 PM #179
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedSkengMan View Post
Spoiler:

Bryce was murdered on that night
I know that

Spoiler:

So are there 3 different periods on the show's timeline with that day/night included (or was that just for the premiere)? OR is it just two points: the past from months back & the present from a few days after his murder? I'm not getting if the present timeline is all a straight timeline moving forward or if it's going back and forth between the span of a few days
Old 25-08-2019, 04:53 PM #180
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

still at season 1, yes a bit slow watcher am i, but so far it's interesting to watch

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2019, 03:49 AM #181
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Ep 3 was pretty boring too

Spoiler:

It heated up a bit in the second half... in more ways than one... fffff @ the Jessica masturbating scene & the Jessica/Justin sex scene(s)

Intense convo between Justin/Bryce but not much else. Also, I'm even more confused by the timelines after this episode. No clue how far back the flashbacks are or what kind of time period we're talking (is it hours/days/weeks/even months that are going by throughout these flashbacks?)

Anyway, I really hope it picks up but I heard it does so I'll stick with it
Old 26-08-2019, 08:12 PM #182

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Uh watching the first ep, it's been okay but the new girl is annoying af. They really forced her into the narrative (with a snooty accent) when she should have just sat there and minded her business.
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 08:00 PM #183
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Ep 5

Spoiler:

The Monty gay scene was so unexpected lolol

The Bryce/Alex plot as the focal for this episode was interesting enough but overall I still feel like this season is boring compared to the first two.

Ep 6

Spoiler:

Nnnnnnnn the rapist protests/chaos at the church for Bryce's funeral. Episode 6 was another boring one ngl Felt like total filler the entire episode this time unlike the last 2 or 3 that at least had a few entertaining/crazy moments.

Ending was interesting though with the police finding Clay pointing his gun at Bryce... looks like it could pick up now.
Old 02-09-2019, 08:06 PM #184

Favourites (more):
BB10: Bea
BB7: Lea

Favourites (more):
BB10: Bea
BB7: Lea

I finished last night, probably the poorest season but the last few episodes were very good, how did I end up having sympathy for Montgomery? A mess.
Daniel. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 02:10 PM #185
27/01/2020

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Clara Amfo
BBUSA22: Da'Vonne

27/01/2020

Favourites (more):

Grace Saif who plays Ani has had to deactivate social media from all the abuse she’s been getting
Old 03-09-2019, 02:11 PM #186
27/01/2020

Favourites (more):

27/01/2020

Favourites (more):

The same people who watched a show about a young girl break down from bullying and abuse and then kill herself now bullying an actor from the show Disgusting
Old 03-09-2019, 04:55 PM #187
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

i am into season 2 now, and i really don't know why people complain about it, i am liking it so far

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 05:14 PM #188
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Maybe Ani gets worse later but she’s totally fine episodes 1-6 A lot better than Hannah Baker (she definitely got annoying at times)

Last edited by JerseyWins; 03-09-2019 at 05:14 PM.
JerseyWins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 02:25 PM #189
27/01/2020

Favourites (more):

27/01/2020

Favourites (more):

Gary Sinise from Forrest Gump has joined he cast to play Clays therapist helping him through depression and anxiety following the events of 1-3
Old 06-09-2019, 02:44 PM #190
His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett

His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett

But you ain't got no legs, lieutenant daaan
Old 10-09-2019, 11:40 PM #191

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton

Favourites (more):

so i finished it and:

Spoiler:

-idk if I'm happy it was Alex or not. tbf he wasn't on my radar until episode 13 when they mentioned footsteps showing the right foot was showing a limp and I was like "yep it's Alex". was kinda hoping it'd be a fakeout but meh it absolutely makes sense (especially in retrospect) and I'm glad they didn't go for a copout (altho Ani killing Bryce would've been interesting but not necessarily better)

-on the topic of copouts, even tho I knew Alex was guilty, there was still a sense of anxiety and "oh **** who is it" when we saw the pair of feet at the pier. At this point I was actually considering Clay because I was convinced it was too obvious to be Alex, so I actually had goosebumps when they panned
up and revealed it was Alex nice twist imo

-Had Monty's death spoilt for me but that was it. Not too pressed because his death wasn't some 'big' thing, it was just some throwaway comment but why was Monty murdered in his cell? Not a homophobic attack, surely?

-Monty being gay was hot and is just an example of "hurr durr homophobes are actually just gay and hate themselves!!!" was a nice touch. Makes sense as to why he mentions gay people every 2 seconds too. When Winston said "we met a party" I was thinking "ah **** did they ****" and i was right. Winston and Monty would've been a cute couple but boring and annoying so lol #ripmonty (but I also want to see his body and an explanation as to why he was murdered )

-genuinely thought Jess chose to date Alex at the Standall Thanksgiving meal. I was glad to be wrong. Well, not glad per se - I just prefer Jessica and Justin

-so Zach didn't get any prison time for GBH?

-no hannah was good!! not that i disliked her but what would be the ****ing point in having her turn up again (she was shown in a flashback for like, 30 seconds total, and we did hear tape #13/7a(?) but that was it).

-not to sound thick but... what lie did Ani make about Alex? That he went with Monty to go and see Bryce? But I'm sure she said Monty drove to Bryce? But Standall knows his wife's car was used? So it would've made sense for her to say Monty went to Alex's house and got in his mum's car and drove to Bryce? Am I being thick and misreading the entire situation once again?

-HOW did Ani convince the police to not arrest Tyler? She told them he was gonna commit a school shooting but said "once you hear what I say about Tyler you won't want to arrest him"...?? What did she say again?

-the moment I saw the boat I thought "oh boy they're gonna find the guns". But I don't see how this could be a plotpoint to Season 4? Deputy Standall already heard that Tyler was gonna shoot up the school and I think Ani told him they were disposed of in the river? So the police aren't gonna be shocked, surely?

-shook at them making me like Tyler. On a similar note, I was almost crying when he explained his sexual assault amazing acting

-Casey (i typed in "annoying lesbian 13rw" to find her name lmao) being a massive bitch to Tyler was a "**** u" moment and I also ABSOLUTELY hated her attitude to Jessica by trying to 'read' her or whatever when she simply didnt want to boycott Bryce's funeral but her apology to tyler was cute

-genuinely thought they were gonna pair ani and jessica up but then their friendship became questionable? felt like season 1 all over again when i couldnt tell how close jessica and hannah were, or even if they were friends

-bryce: -tries to improve himself and dies while trying to redeem himself-
me:

Quote:
Grace Saif who plays Ani has had to deactivate social media from all the abuse she’s been getting
What's there for people to hate?

I won't lie, Ani just seems like a self-insert OC (I'm the quirky new girl from England and I'm super close with the main characters!!!! ) but I actually really enjoyed her, even from the start

I genuinely cannot think of a reason for me to dislike her, let alone give the actress hate
Ant. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 11:52 PM #192

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyH View Post
I just realised I haven't seen Sheri ONCE, where is she?

Chloe needs more screentime too!
Sheri handed herself into the police iirc?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyH View Post
ok. finished. thoughts.
Spoiler:

this season is probably my least favourite so far. i still enjoyed it don't get me wrong, but it was SO confusing and annoying with the time switches it made it so hard to keep track of everything. also everything that happened between seasons 2 & 3 was just about impossible to keep track of but it ~kinda all came together in the end so i'm not mad.

they somehow managed to make bryce likable this season? i never ever thought i'd say that.. but they did. one of my least favourite moments of the season was when they boycotted the funeral, it was completely unnecessary and i loved how jess called it out. i also didn't completely hate monty? obviously what he did to tyler can't be forgotten or forgiven, but his backstory is completely tragic and him trying to come to terms with his sexuality was so hard to watch, especially when he beat up winston i'm glad he did the right thing and apologised, and then going back to him. it's right he got locked up tho, but him being murdered in the last episode and also ani trying to frame him or bryce's murder is really quite saddening. and then the scene in the last episode with winston returning and showing his feelings towards monty, idk i just feel like it could've been cute but i hate myself for thinking it bc i know i'm supposed to hate monty for what he did to tyler

i also liked tyler towards the end of this season. i didn't like him at all in the previous seasons but it was so sweet him coming to terms with what he went through and seeing him build friendships with everyone else, even tho he started off saying he had no friends even when they were trying to make the effort. and then clay & jess helping him be able to fully stand up in that assembly and say he was a survivor, and ultimately giving him the confidence to finally go and report it was so wholesome

another thing i'm happy about this season is getting a more in depth look into tony's character. in the previous seasons he'd just been a friend to everyone else, but the whole storyline with his family getting deported and seeing more of his relationship with caleb <3 also i'm SO happy with jess & justin being a happy couple at the end of the season definitely my favourite characters and i ship them so hard, they really blossomed this season and i LOVE it. clay & justin's relationship is cute too

i still HATE clay tho. he's so infuriating and easily the worst character in the franchise. especially since i was starting to like everyone else more this season i just ended up hating him more. he's just whiny and insufferable and i hate how he's always the focus. i wish he got locked up and kept AWAY from s4! i also HATED how they tried to make him and ani a thing. it was so cliche and unneeded. they don't even suit and he was a lot better with hannah & even skye.

another thing that confused me about this season was loads of the characters disappearing? ryan & sheri weren't seen once with no explanation at all, marcus got a mention at the beginning but i can't remember what about and courtney got like one scene. i know they were never the closest with bryce but they could've at least been added somewhere into the season? not so much ryan as i barely noticed he was gone or marcus bc i don't like him but he did have some relationship with bryce along with sheri. chloe should've also been involved a lot more than she was. she was in what? 3 episodes? she's bryce's ex and ended s2 as his pregnant girlfriend and that definitely should've gone somewhere rather than just a quick abortion. her and zach are the CUTEST tho and i hope they get together next season <33 we deserved some more clips of them together even if just to try and involve chloe more.

the murder itself had me SHOOK. when zach admitted to alex he did it i lit gasped but i knew it would end up being a false alarm and i'm so happy it was. zach is so precious and needs to be protected at all costs. i love his relationship with alex they have such a gorgeous friendship. ani telling the officer monty was waiting to go at bryce and then seeing alex and then jess omg i was shaking so hard. seeing bryce in that state even tho he had tried to be a better person was a bit sad, but in the end i was happy alex killed him! i think it was a tad lame tho like just a quick shove into the ocean but it worked. that clip of his dead body in ep2 whew i nearly threw up.

overall i'd probably rank the seasons 2 > 1 > 3, i liked s3 but i was expecting a bit more. i hope s4 ends up being better especially as the last season episodes 11 & 12 really SCALPED tho and are some of the best in the entire series.
Spoiler:

yes! @ani and clay. altho i certainly aint arsed about them getting together per se, it just felt like they were making a point of "look clay's moved on from hannah!"

i forgot courtney was even in it i guess they couldnt find a way to fit courtney and ryan into the series. and so they decided to make monty gay and introduce another gay character, winston, to fill the diversity quota /sarcasm
Ant. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
13, discussion, reasons, thread