Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 02-10-2019, 12:48 AM #2401

Way back in 2015

arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 05:21 AM #2402
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
https://politics-punked.com/2019/10/01/pretty-vacant/

This is not a drill anymore. This is not something that can be passed off as a phase, something for people to talk about when there’s nothing on the Telly, or when you’re down the pub, or sitting next to the boring person from work who’s invited you and your Mrs round for dinner.

This is much, much worse than that.

Our politics is being wrenched apart. Actually, I’m going further than that, our society is being wrenched apart – and frankly I’m terrified.

And when I say wrenched, I mean it. It goes well beyond the realignment of the political plates such as when the Tories changed from One Nation Heathite to Thatcherism or when Labour decided to leap from Blair to Corbyn; no, this is an earthquake that comes together with a tsunami and ends up with poverty and homelessness and probably an appeal involving Bob Geldof and Lenny Henry.

Project Fear you say? Well you can **** right off; the things we feared would accompany Brexit are nothing compared to the things that we need to worry about now. I can cope with queues at Dover, I can cope with an increase in the price of bacon, I can cope with having to wait for an hour to get out of the Easy Jet queue at Tenerife airport, but I draw the line at the systematic undermining of the institutions that have worked pretty efficiently at maintaining our democracy for the last couple of hundred years. And, most of all, I draw a line at a concerted attempt to pit me against my fellow Brits.

Since Johnson (I refused to call him by his first name, or even write his first name), became Prime Minister – elected by absolutely no one I know or would care to know – our executive has become a danger to our society. I don’t write that sentence lightly, I’ve thought about it and I urge you to do the same – our executive is now a danger to our society. It is why I’m so scared, because it is absolutely unique in our political history for us to have a government which no longer has as its primary intention a desire to keep us all safe and healthy, educated and content, but instead seeks to pit us against each other by stirring up hatred and discontent and anger.

And why?

English nationalism, that’s why, English nationalism wrapped up in the idiocy of Brexit.

We shouldn’t be here. It should never have happened. I’ll give you a brief potted history according to me – ignore it if you want. By 2010, the Tories had decided that they’d had enough of not being in control. David Cameron, wanted to win power for himself and for his party and for his class (yep, I’ll stand by that, there is a class element to all of this, and it’s class with a ****ed up capital ‘c’). He wanted to kill off the Lib-Dems – which was easy, Clegg’s party of Lemmings, simply jumped off the cliff for him; and he wanted to kill off UKIP, because they could potentially take enough votes to keep him out of Downing Street. So he dreamt up the policy of an ‘in-out’ referendum on our membership of the EU. In the short term it did the trick for him – in the 2015 general election Cameron was elected with a small but workable majority, but in the long term it has been a disaster. Because Cameron – possibly the embodiment of upper-class, self-entitled, tie and crest, arrogance – hadn’t conceived that he might lose a referendum or what to do if that came to pass. So, far from killing off the right wing his referendum brought about Brexit – the most crippling act of national self-harm that this country has ever inflicted upon itself.

Cameron immediately resigned, because he hadn’t the wit or imagination to do anything else, and in his place Brexit monsters started to grow and thrive: just as the Orcs were created in the sulphurous pits of Mordor by that evil Wizard in The Hobbit, so Farage, Cummings, Aaron Banks, Mark Francois, Jacob Rees-****ing-Mogg and a legion of others were created on the anvil of Brexit. And these people are English Nationalists – they hate Europe, they hate the idea of collegiate international cooperation, they hate the idea of a shared purpose and a common identity and compromise, they’re suspicious of everything because they are weak and stupid and they have an arrogant and warped sense of the history of Britain. Brexit has created them, given them their chance. Cameron gave them their chance.

The referendum on Britain’s position within the European Union was a catastrophic bucket of ****e from start to finish – let’s get a few things straight: first, a referendum that can fundamentally determine a nation’s position in the world should never be born out the political expediency for a single politician and his party, that is just madness; second, a referendum which allows for a possible outcome that is not properly outlined to voters, because the complexity of what they are being asked to decide is not adequately appreciated by those asking the question, is simply dangerous; third, a referendum were the campaigns waged by both sides are steeped in lies and misinformation lacks legitimacy; and, finally, when the conduct of those running campaigns for one side or another is questionable within the remit of the Electoral Law, the result should be treated with great care, not hailed as a triumphant demonstration of people’s desires.

The referendum on Britain’s place in Europe was an ill-conceived manipulation of democracy and cannot be justified by the fatuous claim that the result is an expression of the ‘will of the people.’ Because, quite frankly, what did the people will? Who the **** knows, not this political ****-squad that’s for sure – but sadly, very few Brexiters are honest enough to concede that.

They would rather plunge our country into social and economic uncertainty than accept that Brexit might not after all be in the Country’s best interests. They would rather undermine their own democracy than accept that the flaws in the referendum make a seamless and successful exit from the European Union pretty much impossible. They claim that those who point this out are traitors and collaborators hell-bent on ‘thwarting of the people’s will’, and this the vacant rhetoric that suits them – because the ‘us and them‘ narrative is as simple and effective as it is dangerous and meaningless.

It started during the referendum campaign itself, when we had the first glimpse of two terrifyingly ugly traits that have grown like bind weed around the throat of our political culture – the first was the rejection of ‘expert opinion.’ Economists, constitutional lawyers, international lawyers, businessmen, diplomats, lorry drivers, trade unionist and politicians with decades of experience, have all had their opinions not just rejected but deemed illegitimate – they, the Brexit nationalists have said, just want to stop the will of the people with their devious knowledge – and half the people have accepted this; whilst the second trait is the encouragement to distrust the institutions of state – Parliament, is no longer the mouthpiece of the people, it is the enemy; the judiciary is not deemed to be objective and fair but derided as being elitist and establishment.

In the last week, we’ve seen that the clear plan of the Cummings inspired Government is to ratchet up the tension between those who are deemed to be ‘elitist liberals’ and ‘the people’. The narrative is that Parliament, the judges, the BBC, the mainstream media and anyone else who can possibly labelled a liberal snowflake, are standing in the way of the will of the people, by trying to prevent brexit.

This is the type of politics that leads to distrust, this is the type of politics that leads to disillusionment and anger and stasis, it is the politics that every failed state that has ever existed has engaged in – politics working against the interests of the people.

Now, let me pin my colours firmly to the mast – I don’t give a **** that someone who doesn’t like foreign people voted to leave the EU, I don’t give a **** that there are those out there, with no clue, who make meaningless claims that the nation’s ‘sovereignty’ will be enhanced by leaving the EU; I don’t give a **** that those who are quite happy to unlawfully shut down Parliament are the ones shouting loudest about democracy and the ‘sovereign state.’

I do give a **** about my children and the fact that they might reach adulthood in a country that doesn’t feel able to work together with other countries; I do give a **** about the fact that their future may be jeopordised by a diminishing economy, I do give a **** about the fact that they won’t be able to travel freely around other EU countries; and I give a **** that the future of their society, indeed our society will be blighted by stupid people who tell them not to listen to experts and that the institutions which make and uphold the law and exist to give them a voice are not to be trusted. And I give a massive **** that my fellow Brits, good people, honest people, working people, work-shy people, fat people, thin people, brown people, black people, gay people, straight people, educated people and every one else are being taken for a ride by the biggest political con trick that has ever been unleashed upon our society.

And it is because of that, that I will write my angry, sometimes barely coherent pieces for Politics Punked and it is because of this that I will not give up on the campaign to bring an end to the vacant politics that we are being forced to endure.
..it’s a good write, Slim, whoever the writer is...although it does a little bit, fall into things it's fundamentally against, as it quite leans toward ‘them and us’ itself...it’s a vicious circle I feel tbh...we are terrified for our children and their future world and that of their children...but the negativity of that terror is just feeding the beast, is what I’m thinking....we are definitely all living through a political changing time in history that has never been seen before, I agree with that...politics is more like a Facebook/Twitter/Social Media game etc...click bait politics, which is getting a huge public attention...

...anyways...the article made me think of a phrase that would seem very apt...’you can fool some of the people all of the time...’.......while the elite become more elite at the expense of those who have helped them on their elite way...

Last edited by Ammi; 02-10-2019 at 08:03 AM.
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 07:56 AM #2403
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
https://politics-punked.com/2019/10/01/pretty-vacant/

This is not a drill anymore. This is not something that can be passed off as a phase, something for people to talk about when there’s nothing on the Telly, or when you’re down the pub, or sitting next to the boring person from work who’s invited you and your Mrs round for dinner.

This is much, much worse than that.

Our politics is being wrenched apart. Actually, I’m going further than that, our society is being wrenched apart – and frankly I’m terrified.

And when I say wrenched, I mean it. It goes well beyond the realignment of the political plates such as when the Tories changed from One Nation Heathite to Thatcherism or when Labour decided to leap from Blair to Corbyn; no, this is an earthquake that comes together with a tsunami and ends up with poverty and homelessness and probably an appeal involving Bob Geldof and Lenny Henry.

Project Fear you say? Well you can **** right off; the things we feared would accompany Brexit are nothing compared to the things that we need to worry about now. I can cope with queues at Dover, I can cope with an increase in the price of bacon, I can cope with having to wait for an hour to get out of the Easy Jet queue at Tenerife airport, but I draw the line at the systematic undermining of the institutions that have worked pretty efficiently at maintaining our democracy for the last couple of hundred years. And, most of all, I draw a line at a concerted attempt to pit me against my fellow Brits.

Since Johnson (I refused to call him by his first name, or even write his first name), became Prime Minister – elected by absolutely no one I know or would care to know – our executive has become a danger to our society. I don’t write that sentence lightly, I’ve thought about it and I urge you to do the same – our executive is now a danger to our society. It is why I’m so scared, because it is absolutely unique in our political history for us to have a government which no longer has as its primary intention a desire to keep us all safe and healthy, educated and content, but instead seeks to pit us against each other by stirring up hatred and discontent and anger.

And why?

English nationalism, that’s why, English nationalism wrapped up in the idiocy of Brexit.

We shouldn’t be here. It should never have happened. I’ll give you a brief potted history according to me – ignore it if you want. By 2010, the Tories had decided that they’d had enough of not being in control. David Cameron, wanted to win power for himself and for his party and for his class (yep, I’ll stand by that, there is a class element to all of this, and it’s class with a ****ed up capital ‘c’). He wanted to kill off the Lib-Dems – which was easy, Clegg’s party of Lemmings, simply jumped off the cliff for him; and he wanted to kill off UKIP, because they could potentially take enough votes to keep him out of Downing Street. So he dreamt up the policy of an ‘in-out’ referendum on our membership of the EU. In the short term it did the trick for him – in the 2015 general election Cameron was elected with a small but workable majority, but in the long term it has been a disaster. Because Cameron – possibly the embodiment of upper-class, self-entitled, tie and crest, arrogance – hadn’t conceived that he might lose a referendum or what to do if that came to pass. So, far from killing off the right wing his referendum brought about Brexit – the most crippling act of national self-harm that this country has ever inflicted upon itself.

Cameron immediately resigned, because he hadn’t the wit or imagination to do anything else, and in his place Brexit monsters started to grow and thrive: just as the Orcs were created in the sulphurous pits of Mordor by that evil Wizard in The Hobbit, so Farage, Cummings, Aaron Banks, Mark Francois, Jacob Rees-****ing-Mogg and a legion of others were created on the anvil of Brexit. And these people are English Nationalists – they hate Europe, they hate the idea of collegiate international cooperation, they hate the idea of a shared purpose and a common identity and compromise, they’re suspicious of everything because they are weak and stupid and they have an arrogant and warped sense of the history of Britain. Brexit has created them, given them their chance. Cameron gave them their chance.

The referendum on Britain’s position within the European Union was a catastrophic bucket of ****e from start to finish – let’s get a few things straight: first, a referendum that can fundamentally determine a nation’s position in the world should never be born out the political expediency for a single politician and his party, that is just madness; second, a referendum which allows for a possible outcome that is not properly outlined to voters, because the complexity of what they are being asked to decide is not adequately appreciated by those asking the question, is simply dangerous; third, a referendum were the campaigns waged by both sides are steeped in lies and misinformation lacks legitimacy; and, finally, when the conduct of those running campaigns for one side or another is questionable within the remit of the Electoral Law, the result should be treated with great care, not hailed as a triumphant demonstration of people’s desires.

The referendum on Britain’s place in Europe was an ill-conceived manipulation of democracy and cannot be justified by the fatuous claim that the result is an expression of the ‘will of the people.’ Because, quite frankly, what did the people will? Who the **** knows, not this political ****-squad that’s for sure – but sadly, very few Brexiters are honest enough to concede that.

They would rather plunge our country into social and economic uncertainty than accept that Brexit might not after all be in the Country’s best interests. They would rather undermine their own democracy than accept that the flaws in the referendum make a seamless and successful exit from the European Union pretty much impossible. They claim that those who point this out are traitors and collaborators hell-bent on ‘thwarting of the people’s will’, and this the vacant rhetoric that suits them – because the ‘us and them‘ narrative is as simple and effective as it is dangerous and meaningless.

It started during the referendum campaign itself, when we had the first glimpse of two terrifyingly ugly traits that have grown like bind weed around the throat of our political culture – the first was the rejection of ‘expert opinion.’ Economists, constitutional lawyers, international lawyers, businessmen, diplomats, lorry drivers, trade unionist and politicians with decades of experience, have all had their opinions not just rejected but deemed illegitimate – they, the Brexit nationalists have said, just want to stop the will of the people with their devious knowledge – and half the people have accepted this; whilst the second trait is the encouragement to distrust the institutions of state – Parliament, is no longer the mouthpiece of the people, it is the enemy; the judiciary is not deemed to be objective and fair but derided as being elitist and establishment.

In the last week, we’ve seen that the clear plan of the Cummings inspired Government is to ratchet up the tension between those who are deemed to be ‘elitist liberals’ and ‘the people’. The narrative is that Parliament, the judges, the BBC, the mainstream media and anyone else who can possibly labelled a liberal snowflake, are standing in the way of the will of the people, by trying to prevent brexit.

This is the type of politics that leads to distrust, this is the type of politics that leads to disillusionment and anger and stasis, it is the politics that every failed state that has ever existed has engaged in – politics working against the interests of the people.

Now, let me pin my colours firmly to the mast – I don’t give a **** that someone who doesn’t like foreign people voted to leave the EU, I don’t give a **** that there are those out there, with no clue, who make meaningless claims that the nation’s ‘sovereignty’ will be enhanced by leaving the EU; I don’t give a **** that those who are quite happy to unlawfully shut down Parliament are the ones shouting loudest about democracy and the ‘sovereign state.’

I do give a **** about my children and the fact that they might reach adulthood in a country that doesn’t feel able to work together with other countries; I do give a **** about the fact that their future may be jeopordised by a diminishing economy, I do give a **** about the fact that they won’t be able to travel freely around other EU countries; and I give a **** that the future of their society, indeed our society will be blighted by stupid people who tell them not to listen to experts and that the institutions which make and uphold the law and exist to give them a voice are not to be trusted. And I give a massive **** that my fellow Brits, good people, honest people, working people, work-shy people, fat people, thin people, brown people, black people, gay people, straight people, educated people and every one else are being taken for a ride by the biggest political con trick that has ever been unleashed upon our society.

And it is because of that, that I will write my angry, sometimes barely coherent pieces for Politics Punked and it is because of this that I will not give up on the campaign to bring an end to the vacant politics that we are being forced to endure.

Brilliant piece and compelling read.

The whole mess is really now concerning.

Superb work SlimReaper, superb.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:12 AM #2404

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

This was sent to me this morning by a friend , a piece from a remainer, an interesting read for those interested in both sides of the coin I thought...………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ……………………………………..

From a remainer: an interesting read, and very well written.
I hate politics, I voted to remain in Europe, however I like many other people was out voted. I respect the fact that it was a public vote and the majority voted leave. I'm sick of all the arguing, and negativity, I'm so sick of the news on TV I don't watch it anymore I turn it off, I scroll past the Brexit stuff. Then I read something my husband's uncle posted and I have to say I agree with him. Read if you want to, scroll past if you don't, I don't mind, its freedom of choice, were supposed to be a democratic society after all xx
REMAINERS!
IT WAS YOU WHO CREATED THIS HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT WHEN YOU ATTEMPTED TO THWART BREXIT!
If you're questioning why there's so much hostility and anger around the topic of Brexit, then let me help put your confusion to rest. Let's start from the premise that both sides played a little dirty and were a tad economical with the truth. That's the way all political campaigns are run anyway, so let's not be coy or righteous on the how's, why's or wherefores! It wasn't Brexiteers who infused words like racist, bigot, little Englanders, Nazis, gammons and of course fascist into the debate, so now playing the victim on the language being used is typical leftwing hypocrisy. Attacking anything that doesn't fit your philosophy or agenda needs to be attacked and demonised. Sound familiar? Neither Brexiteers or Remainers own a mystical crystal ball, so predicting the future with any such precision or certainty would have been untruthful - or guesswork at best. Foretelling exactly what the future would hold, regardless of the referendum outcome, was and still is impossible - and given the behaviour and attitude we have all seen from Brussels, few could argue that they are democratic or honest, so leaving the EU now could have saved us all from an accidental, or even a deliberate political, bullet!
What we CAN say factually, was that Parliament passed this decision on to the people because they didn't want the responsibility. Whatever we decided would be unequivocally respected and implemented. Up until that point we all knew exactly where we stood - and the only thing required to solve this issue was a vote! One side of the debate would of course win and unfortunately - like every vote - one would not. Either way we would all have to accept the result, because that's how we the British decide our differences - and the only way our democratic process works to solve views and opinions!
Yet within days of the vote being announced, the plotting and collusion to overturn that outcome was deliberately set in motion - by those with the pretence to honour democracy. Fueled by Remainer politicians - those who once abided by electoral results, but voted to remain - we're now given a void to be disrespectful and contemptuous to all those who had disagreed with their narrative. This farcical game of electoral theft was afoot.
Now if the vote had gone the other way and the country had chosen to remain - and Parliament then decided to ignore and overturn that outcome - the outcry from Remainers would be valid and warrant genuine anger. However, playing the victim over tone, rhetoric and language - on the pretence of taking some moral high ground - is false and reeks of hypocrisy and desperation. Politicians are guilty of attempting to cheat 17.4million people. If it was money then it would be fraud and a criminal offence. Those Remainers who think this is acceptable are also guilty - not of fraud, but being undemocratic and for erroneously using terminology that you yourselves are in fact all guilty of!
One thing we can all agree on is that those who believe they are liberal and Democratic are anything but - and those who said they would respect the referendum result never will. Also, those who believe that Parliament represents the people, can now see they clearly don't! The establishment was once viewed as the string pullers to our puppet politicians. Maybe now Remainers will realise that it's the EU bureaucrats and their globalists friends who operate in the shadows to undermine British politics - and your right to a fair democratic process! The second you chose to ignore other people's democracy, that's when you need to have a long hard look in the mirror, it's at that very moment you have denied yourself that very right!

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"

Last edited by Kazanne; 02-10-2019 at 08:12 AM.
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:15 AM #2405
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
This was sent to me this morning by a friend , a piece from a remainer, an interesting read for those interested in both sides of the coin I thought...………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ……………………………………..

I hate politics, I voted to remain in Europe, however I like many other people was out voted. I respect the fact that it was a public vote and the majority voted leave. I'm sick of all the arguing, and negativity, I'm so sick of the news on TV I don't watch it anymore I turn it off, I scroll past the Brexit stuff. Then I read something my husband's uncle posted and I have to say I agree with him. Read if you want to, scroll past if you don't, I don't mind, its freedom of choice, were supposed to be a democratic society after all xx
REMAINERS!
IT WAS YOU WHO CREATED THIS HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT WHEN YOU ATTEMPTED TO THWART BREXIT!
If you're questioning why there's so much hostility and anger around the topic of Brexit, then let me help put your confusion to rest. Let's start from the premise that both sides played a little dirty and were a tad economical with the truth. That's the way all political campaigns are run anyway, so let's not be coy or righteous on the how's, why's or wherefores! It wasn't Brexiteers who infused words like racist, bigot, little Englanders, Nazis, gammons and of course fascist into the debate, so now playing the victim on the language being used is typical leftwing hypocrisy. Attacking anything that doesn't fit your philosophy or agenda needs to be attacked and demonised. Sound familiar? Neither Brexiteers or Remainers own a mystical crystal ball, so predicting the future with any such precision or certainty would have been untruthful - or guesswork at best. Foretelling exactly what the future would hold, regardless of the referendum outcome, was and still is impossible - and given the behaviour and attitude we have all seen from Brussels, few could argue that they are democratic or honest, so leaving the EU now could have saved us all from an accidental, or even a deliberate political, bullet!
What we CAN say factually, was that Parliament passed this decision on to the people because they didn't want the responsibility. Whatever we decided would be unequivocally respected and implemented. Up until that point we all knew exactly where we stood - and the only thing required to solve this issue was a vote! One side of the debate would of course win and unfortunately - like every vote - one would not. Either way we would all have to accept the result, because that's how we the British decide our differences - and the only way our democratic process works to solve views and opinions!
Yet within days of the vote being announced, the plotting and collusion to overturn that outcome was deliberately set in motion - by those with the pretence to honour democracy. Fueled by Remainer politicians - those who once abided by electoral results, but voted to remain - we're now given a void to be disrespectful and contemptuous to all those who had disagreed with their narrative. This farcical game of electoral theft was afoot.
Now if the vote had gone the other way and the country had chosen to remain - and Parliament then decided to ignore and overturn that outcome - the outcry from Remainers would be valid and warrant genuine anger. However, playing the victim over tone, rhetoric and language - on the pretence of taking some moral high ground - is false and reeks of hypocrisy and desperation. Politicians are guilty of attempting to cheat 17.4million people. If it was money then it would be fraud and a criminal offence. Those Remainers who think this is acceptable are also guilty - not of fraud, but being undemocratic and for erroneously using terminology that you yourselves are in fact all guilty of!
One thing we can all agree on is that those who believe they are liberal and Democratic are anything but - and those who said they would respect the referendum result never will. Also, those who believe that Parliament represents the people, can now see they clearly don't! The establishment was once viewed as the string pullers to our puppet politicians. Maybe now Remainers will realise that it's the EU bureaucrats and their globalists friends who operate in the shadows to undermine British politics - and your right to a fair democratic process! The second you chose to ignore other people's democracy, that's when you need to have a long hard look in the mirror, it's at that very moment you have denied yourself that very right!
is the writer on TiBB...another good read, and makes some very valid points

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'

Last edited by Cherie; 02-10-2019 at 08:16 AM.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:22 AM #2406
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...it was you who created this hostile environment..!!!!!......it’s not really a ‘both sides’ opinion...anyways, around and around we go with this...it’s his fault, Miss...no it’s her fault...etc, etc... we are all in this country together and Brexit will impact on all of us, plus our children and our children’s children ...Brexit is not just for those who voted for it, it’s for everyone and it’s for life, not just for Halloween or Christmas...so to aim for a Brexit that would be in the interest of everyone as much as it can be, rather than a hard/no deal Brexit that some won’t survive...literally won’t survive...should be the aim of every single person, regardless of political leaning or EU referendum vote...
Old 02-10-2019, 08:23 AM #2407

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
is the writer on TiBB...another good read, and makes some very valid points
No Cherie,they are not on TIBB, but I thought it quite interesting.

Old 02-10-2019, 08:30 AM #2408
-

-

Quote:

REMAINERS!
IT WAS YOU WHO CREATED THIS HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT WHEN YOU ATTEMPTED TO THWART BREXIT!!

*1000 more words of clear Brexiteer anger and propaganda*
come on ffs. "From a remainer". I know a Nigerian Prince who would love to have your email address Kazanne.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:39 AM #2409
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

People do realise that Cummings is un-elected and is directing brexit from the shadows, don't they?
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:50 AM #2410

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
come on ffs. "From a remainer". I know a Nigerian Prince who would love to have your email address Kazanne.
Well take that up with the person who wrote it by the way SOME remainers do think we should honour the peoples vote.

Old 02-10-2019, 08:58 AM #2411
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...Brexiting in a way that could only benefit a minority elite...is dishonouring a vote and betraying the entire people of a country...
Old 02-10-2019, 09:14 AM #2412
-

-

Quote:
Well take that up with the person who wrote it by the way SOME remainers do think we should honour the peoples vote.
OK but even if you believe the first part is a real remainer - which seems dubious - it's still a long rant written by a Brexiteer with a brief intro from a remainer. 80% of it doesn't even PRETEND to be written by someone who voted remain? And as for the content, it's more one-sided angry Brexit ranting pretending to be balanced by posing as a remainer repost. How is "THIS IS ALL UR FAULT DIRTY REMAINERSSS" balanced, compelling or new?
Old 02-10-2019, 09:16 AM #2413
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Definitely written by a remainer

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 09:24 AM #2414
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...the first sentence is a little bit of an indication...even if the screaming in ya face capital letters were ignored...people don’t address someone as ‘you’ if they’re one of those ‘you’ themselves...they would say come on, I know we voted Remain...BUT...etc...

REMAINERS!
Old 02-10-2019, 09:25 AM #2415
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...it was a good, balanced read up until the first sentence...../...I’m gently teasing...
Old 02-10-2019, 10:01 AM #2416
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Old 02-10-2019, 10:09 AM #2417
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

This well written song was authored by a balanced remainer talking to other remainers.

Old 02-10-2019, 10:28 AM #2418
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

As someone who voted remain I am embarrassed by the name calling of people who voted to leave for legitimate reasons I think the article sums that up well

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:45 AM #2419

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Visit to the Queen on the cards again.
JRM ready to go to the palace.
Queen’s speech due 14th October.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:05 AM #2420
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
As someone who voted remain I am embarrassed by the name calling of people who voted to leave for legitimate reasons I think the article sums that up well
What are the legitimate reasons that leavers have been using for wanting to leave?
Old 02-10-2019, 11:18 AM #2421
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
OK but even if you believe the first part is a real remainer - which seems dubious - it's still a long rant written by a Brexiteer with a brief intro from a remainer. 80% of it doesn't even PRETEND to be written by someone who voted remain? And as for the content, it's more one-sided angry Brexit ranting pretending to be balanced by posing as a remainer repost. How is "THIS IS ALL UR FAULT DIRTY REMAINERSSS" balanced, compelling or new?

It's frankly as near unbelievable anything could possibly be..

As balanced as all the weight of everything on only one side of the scales.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:21 AM #2422
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...the first sentence is a little bit of an indication...even if the screaming in ya face capital letters were ignored...people don’t address someone as ‘you’ if they’re one of those ‘you’ themselves...they would say come on, I know we voted Remain...BUT...etc...

REMAINERS!
Spot on.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:22 AM #2423
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Last edited by Twosugars; 02-10-2019 at 11:22 AM.
Twosugars is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:25 AM #2424
-

-

Quote:
What are the legitimate reasons that leavers have been using for wanting to leave?
The *only* legitimate reasoning I've heard from a Leave voter on why they want to leave, is that they hope it'll be a starting point in dismantling the toxic "City of London" finance economy / draining the FatCat swamp. Which is a noble goal.

Unfortunately it's only *legitimate* reasoning if you take it as what it is, because it's deeply flawed reasoning... as that's not what's going to happen and it's those exact "swamp monsters" who stand to be the ONLY people to benefit from Brexit.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:35 PM #2425
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
The *only* legitimate reasoning I've heard from a Leave voter on why they want to leave, is that they hope it'll be a starting point in dismantling the toxic "City of London" finance economy / draining the FatCat swamp. Which is a noble goal.

Unfortunately it's only *legitimate* reasoning if you take it as what it is, because it's deeply flawed reasoning... as that's not what's going to happen and it's those exact "swamp monsters" who stand to be the ONLY people to benefit from Brexit.
There is no shame in being conned; it's happened to all of us at some point, whether in a relationship, or buying a product, but these folks pretend they weren't conned because they never believed the lies they were told to begin with, but then can't tell you why brexit is a good idea and how it will benefit them and their families.

I've tried talking to these people, but ultimately they just don't want to say publicly that they're willing to force pain on the country because they want to stick it to immigrants. When the facts and costs to the country don't make them pause for a second, then it shows it's purely an ideological pursuit.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
approved, asked, boris, parliment, queen, suspend