Notices

Tech, Movies & Video Games Discuss technology, movies and video games here.

Old 12-10-2019, 05:07 AM #1

Default GTA VI Thread

Well seeing as PS5 has been announced for next Winter, and it seems logical that it'll probably launch with/alongside GTA VI right? Well that's the feeling anyway.

GTA is always a highly anticipated, extremely popular game so I thought I'd start this thread to collect and update any information on the presumed sixth instalment over the coming months.

I've already seen some speculation/"information":

Quote:
"GTA 6 will reportedly take place in South Florida. There will be hurricanes, swamp missions, three different eras, small islands and much more!"

"South Florida" - Vice City?

Here's to confirmation!

Last edited by LaLaLand; 12-10-2019 at 05:16 AM.
LaLaLand is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 05:13 AM #2

Quote:
Ever since Red Dead Redemption 2 came out GTA fans have been left wondering what Rockstar Games is planning to release next.

An obvious choice is GTA 6 with Grand Theft Auto fans currently enduring the longest wait ever for a new GTA game.

And as fans wait for an official GTA 6 announcement the rumour mill in 2019 has gone into overdrive.

Some big claims about the next Grand Theft Auto have been made this year.

It’s been claimed GTA 6 will be out in 2020, will be a timed PS5 exclusive and be set in Vice City.

Despite all these rumours, Grand Theft Auto fans are still waiting for official word from Rockstar Games about GTA 6.

And as the wait for a big GTA 6 announcement goes on gamers may have been delivered a big update on what Rockstar will release next.

A former employee of the GTA makers has claimed that Rockstar Games has multiple new, unannounced games in the pipeline.

The news was revealed by Angith Jayarajan who worked at Rockstar India between June 2017 and March 2018.

Angith said he worked on Red Dead Redemption 2 and a “couple of games” that he is not able to talk about yet, ComicBook reported in a post online.

Angith wrote: “After that I worked at Rockstar games. I worked on Red Dead Redemption 2 and a couple of games I can’t name yet”.

GTA 6 would be an obvious choice, with it being over six years since Grand Theft Auto 5 was released.

Considering the huge success of GTA 5 and the series in general, it would be a major shock if GTA 6 wasn’t planned.

Bully 2 is another big candidate, with fans long clamouring for a sequel to the 2006 PS2 cult classic.

Other IPs Rockstar could turn to include Max Payne, LA Noire, Manhunt and Midnight Club.

Or, could Rockstar resurrect the mysterious previously announced PS3 title Agent which has seen its trademark expire?

Alternatively, Rockstar Games might even have a new IP in the works that they could be prepping right now.

Previously Strauss Zelnick, CEO of Rockstar Games owner Take Two, teased that there were some major titles in the works.

Back in May Zelnick said: “We have the strongest development pipeline in our history, including sequels from our biggest franchises, along with exciting new IP.
Interestiiiing...
Old 12-10-2019, 07:42 AM #3

We need a official link

Loads on twitter
but they have no solid source

arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 10:06 AM #4
ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard

ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard

GTA5 was my life, I hope we get some bops on the pop radio again

I miss stealing the nicest car I could find and cruising down the highway listening to gimme more and pure shores

Spoiler:

Saph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 12:14 PM #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
GTA5 was my life, I hope we get some bops on the pop radio again

I miss stealing the nicest car I could find and cruising down the highway listening to gimme more and pure shores

Yes a Cool Buzz

Last edited by arista; 12-10-2019 at 12:14 PM.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 12:42 PM #6
The other Shaun :)

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Maura
CBB22: Ryan Thomas

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Other IPs Rockstar could turn to include Max Payne, LA Noire, Manhunt and Midnight Club.
Just the front case of this game used to scare the crap out of me when I was younger.

I doubt they would ever remake this game though considering the controversy and bans it got at the time.

I would love if GTA VI were to be another era set game like VC (80’s) and San Andreas (early 90s) was. I think that was the main reason that made those games quite fun and special.

Dogeatdog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2019, 11:51 PM #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Evil View Post
I would love if GTA VI were to be another era set game like VC (80’s) and San Andreas (early 90s) was. I think that was the main reason that made those games quite fun and special.
Definitely agree! Was thinking about this earlier, what sort of setting I'd like.

I'd love for it to take place over like a decade maybe, and display the changes as time progresses - so start the game in early/mid 80's VC and maybe around 1990 have the character(s) move to SA or something and continue until the mid 90's. See the change in cars, fashion, settings, music, technology etc and the contrast between the two cities whilst linking the story with our old favourite characters from VC and SA.

I wouldn't even mind a 60's/70's based game either! 1969 Vinewood replicating the real counterculture stuff of USA at the time and the hippies/drugs/cults etc. Kind of like "Once Upon a Time in... Hollywood: The Game"

What would your guys ideal setting for GTA VI be?

Last edited by LaLaLand; 30-10-2019 at 12:15 AM.
Old 30-10-2019, 12:00 AM #8

There's rumours that GTA VI is over three years away (possibly 2023 - TEN YEARS after GTA V's release)... & that GTA V is being rebooted and re-released for PS5 next year instead of the new game...

BUT we could have an official announcement any month now seeing as Rockstar like to announce and then release about 2/3 years apart with GTA usually.

Last edited by LaLaLand; 30-10-2019 at 12:06 AM.
Old 30-10-2019, 12:22 AM #9

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLand View Post
What would your guys ideal setting for GTA VI be?
I’d like another 80s era VC game although a 70s game would be pretty cool. What I would really want from the next GTA game would be to have a better story mode. I don’t know why but I just didn’t enjoy the GTA V story mode I thought GTA IV was a much more deeper and more compelling storyline and i thought the missions were a lot better.

I also would like them to bring back that feature of the islands having to be unlocked by progressing through the storyline. It was such a great feeling unlocking a new area of the map and just spend endless time exploring.

Old 30-10-2019, 12:30 AM #10

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
There's rumours that GTA VI is over three years away (possibly 2023 - TEN YEARS after GTA V's release)... & that GTA V is being rebooted and re-released for PS5 next year instead of the new game...

BUT we could have an official announcement any month now seeing as Rockstar like to announce and then release about 2/3 years apart with GTA usually.
It doesn’t surprise me that they would reboot GTA V for the PS5, it’s still a pretty active game online even though many other players are probably bored of it now. I actually logged onto it for the first time in months, it can still be enjoyable but I did get bored of it after playing for about an hour as I just kept getting blown up.

It sucks though that the new game can’t be released sooner but it would make sense for the game to be released when the new consoles are out.

Last edited by Dogeatdog; 30-10-2019 at 12:30 AM.
Old 30-10-2019, 12:51 AM #11

I know yeah BUT I just can't see Rockstar wanting to pass up the opportunity to launch GTA 6 with PS5, "the face of" PS5? Like they had PS3's launch with GTA 4 exclusives didn't they, pretty sure that's how I bought my PS3, with GTA4 included.

Pretty sure Sony would pay big bucks for the GTA franchise to be their launch again seeing as, well, practically everyone buys GTA right?

We shall see I suppose!

Last edited by LaLaLand; 30-10-2019 at 01:20 AM.
Old 30-10-2019, 07:31 AM #12
-

-

GTA6 is unlikely to be era-based, all of the main numbered series have been set in the time of their release. There have been era-games, London (PS1), Vice City and San Andreas (PS2) but they're all named releases rather than numbered, even San Andreas which is a HUGE Game. It would be a big change of direction if GTA6 isn't a linear progression from 5.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 30-10-2019 at 07:32 AM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-10-2019, 08:17 AM #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
GTA6 is unlikely to be era-based, all of the main numbered series have been set in the time of their release. There have been era-games, London (PS1), Vice City and San Andreas (PS2) but they're all named releases rather than numbered, even San Andreas which is a HUGE Game. It would be a big change of direction if GTA6 isn't a linear progression from 5.
This could be titled differently, not just number 6 and could be era-specific. It’s all speculation until an official announcement, which theoretically should/could come within the next few months or so - regardless of a 2020 or further away release.

We literally know nothing at this point except that it’s “due”.
Old 30-10-2019, 08:52 AM #14
-

-

Quote:
This could be titled differently, not just number 6 and could be era-specific. It’s all speculation until an official announcement, which theoretically should/could come within the next few months or so - regardless of a 2020 or further away release.

We literally know nothing at this point except that it’s “due”.
Hmmmm I thought it had been confirmed that it's Full-6? Though that might just be the media making assumptions as they know it's a big title, but Vice City was bigger than 3 and San Andreas massive.

That said, 5 was a late era PS3 game and there will be nearly 10 years (if not actually hitting the 10 year mark) since 5... so I would be very surprised if it's not a numbered release.
Old 02-03-2020, 10:50 PM #15

Quote:
ROCKSTAR GAMES TEASE SPARKS GTA 6 ANNOUNCEMENT SPECULATION

Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption 2 developer Rockstar Games updated its website on Wednesday, one new image revealed as part of the update has fans in a tizzy about whether or not it means some kind of Grant Theft Auto VI update is coming.

The image in question appears on Rockstar's website when entering the search bar and is not listed with any of Rockstar's other wallpapers. It features a golden robot hugging Rockstar's R-shaped logo with a full champagne flute resting on the logo's star and a sealed bottle in an ice bucket next to the robot. The neck of the bottle, however, has the year "1998" on the label. The purpose of listing that specific year on the bottle is causing fans to speculate on Twitter.

Could it hint at the time period Grand Theft Auto VI takes place in? Another more practical possibility is that it honors the foundation of Rockstar and the start of the Grand Theft Auto series when the company was founded in 1998.

The widely rumored "Project Americas" leak suggests that GTA 6 is set in the past, though that leak specifies the '70s and '80s, not the '90s. Still, the time period may have changed (or those leaks were always inaccurate) and this image could be our first legitimate clue. If the new game is set in 1998, that would put the game's story right around the events of the original Grand Theft Auto and Grand Theft Auto 2. A private video on Rockstar's channel is also making the rounds among the franchise's fans, with some believing that this could be a GTA 6 reveal trailer.

On the other hand, the "1998" in this image might just be honoring the significance of that year for Rockstar and Grand Theft Auto. While the company has roots going further back, 1998 was the year in which Rockstar was established. March 1998 is also when the first game in the Grand Theft Auto series released in North America. Both GTA and Rockstar will be celebrating anniversaries in the coming months, so the image could just be commemorating the 22nd anniversary of those things.
https://www.inverse.com/gaming/gta-6...rockstar-games

HQ image (spoilers, large size):

Spoiler:

Last edited by LaLaLand; 02-03-2020 at 10:54 PM.
Old 02-03-2020, 10:52 PM #16
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Not a thread for a game which won’t even be out till next year

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 10:53 PM #17
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Aside from that I was talking to my friend the other day about this and I said I’d rather have a smaller map than GTAV but have every single building be interactable (don’t think that’s a word but ANYWAY) it’d scalp if you could literally break into every single house/apartment/building in the whole game

Old 02-03-2020, 10:58 PM #18
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Aside from that I was talking to my friend the other day about this and I said I’d rather have a smaller map than GTAV but have every single building be interactable (don’t think that’s a word but ANYWAY) it’d scalp if you could literally break into every single house/apartment/building in the whole game
I'd prefer this too, even if the houses were pretty basic really.
Old 02-03-2020, 11:01 PM #19

Quote:
Not a thread for a game which won’t even be out till next year

Quote:
Yesssss! Like I LOVE a good explore around GTA "worlds" but GTA V was excessive honestly. Stick to like "a city or two" and make everywhere accessible.
Old 03-03-2020, 05:15 AM #20
Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

I can see the want for a smaller map I suppose... the entire mountain area was pretty pointless in both the story and online on GTA 5, and was really just a playground for the devs to test their graphic prowess I guess.

It'll be interesting to see what direction they go in. Even in the short time since GTAV online, open-world gaming has changed so much. I hope they don't go down the lootboxes, pay-to-unlock route for exclusive cosmetics in light of Fortnite/Overwatch and what not.

I also don't know if there's scope to improve on the gameplay of GTA 5. Online for that was so addictive for so long, there's a reason it's only taken until the last year or two to die down in terms of activity. The game modes (LTS, Deathmatch, Survival, Racing, "Slashers", etc) will be hard to improve, let alone beat. But, hopefully, the lure of a new map and customisations will bring back players, instead of just whining that it's "more of the same" or something.

Oh and if they don't step their pussies up and give us ACTUALLY NICE hairstyles then they can choke. ****ing drove me mental having to put up with my female avatar having either a shaved mohawk or an up-do to look cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 09:51 AM #21
-

-

I may or may not have info direct from a family member of a Rockstar dev that GTA6 has been in development for ages and will indeed likely be announced soonish.

Obviously we already expected this but yeah... from the horse's mouth(ish) .
Old 03-03-2020, 10:43 AM #22
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
I may or may not have info direct from a family member of a Rockstar dev that GTA6 has been in development for ages and will indeed likely be announced soonish.

That this "anonymous" source is bang on.

I'm craving a new GTA experience out of the main series.

Out with extreme Politics on both sides of the divide.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 12:16 PM #23
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Quote:

So you know about as much as us sis

Old 03-03-2020, 12:39 PM #24
-

-

GTA 5 was garbage i tried so hard to like it
Fetch The Bolt Cutters is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 01:01 PM #25
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullen Girl View Post
GTA 5 was garbage i tried so hard to like it
obviously this is not true and it is brilliant. Now you can drive i demand you reappraise forthwith

LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
gta, thread, vi