Notices

Big Brother: BB1 - BB19 Individual forums for Big Brother UK series 1- 19 (2000-2018). Also Celebrity Hijack (2008) and Ultimate Big Brother (2010).

Old 10-11-2019, 10:28 AM #4776

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBCanada 7: Dane

Favourites (more):

Yeah I know that but I always found Shabahz's treatment more harsher that it actually made me uncomfortable the first time round. Sam's treatment was harsh as well but it was still watchable for me.
Eddie. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 12:51 PM #4777
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):
Love Island 6: Shaughna
DOI 2020: Maura Higgins

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie. View Post
I know Shahbaz brought this on himself because of the way he presents himself but the bullying is as uncomfortable even when re-watching. Especially when Richard told everyone to ignore him and act as if he doesn't exist out in the open. This definitely wouldn't go well if it happened even the following year. (BB8) I have gained lots of respect for Pete being the only one who is actually brave enough to stand up for Shabahz. I know the next two days is the unfortunate climax of all the bullying and I'm just prepared to watch it and get it done and over with so that I can start really enjoying the series.
Sezer and Richard were both horrible bullies. They both hated him for different reasons - Richard wanted to be the only gay in the village and Sezer wanted to be the alpha male.

The only good thing to come out of this was that they'd turn against each other after Shahbaz left. It's hilariously ironic when they both call each other bullies during Hoochgate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Oh yeah, you could definitely see the memory of his cock in her eyes
Tony Montana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 12:52 PM #4778
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake. View Post
I mean you’ve still got the treatment of Sam so it’s not quite finished there
Her treatment wasn't as bad as Shahbaz tbh. It was only like a few of the girls that hated her, whereas with Shahbaz it was the entire house against him.

And I think the conflict with Sam was over quickly iirc.

Quote:
Old 10-11-2019, 04:13 PM #4779

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Day 3/4:

1. Nikki (-)
2. Pete (+1)
3. Lea (-1)
4. Dawn (+1)

5. Bonnie (-1)
6. Glyn (+1)
7. Shahbaz (-1)

8. Imogen (-)
9. Mikey (+2)

10. Grace (-1)
11. George (+1)
12. Lisa (-2)

13. Sezer (+1)
14. Richard (-1)

I know Shahbaz brought this on himself because of the way he presents himself but the bullying is as uncomfortable even when re-watching. Especially when Richard told everyone to ignore him and act as if he doesn't exist out in the open. This definitely wouldn't go well if it happened even the following year. (BB8) I have gained lots of respect for Pete being the only one who is actually brave enough to stand up for Shabahz. I know the next two days is the unfortunate climax of all the bullying and I'm just prepared to watch it and get it done and over with so that I can start really enjoying the series.
Day 5/6 (Shahbaz walks)

1. Pete (+1)
2. Shahbaz (+5)
3. Bonnie (+2)

4. Imogen (+4)
5. Nikki (-4)
6. Lea (-3)
7. Dawn (-3)
8. Glyn (-2)
9. Mikey (-)
10. George (+1)
11. Grace (-1)

12. Lisa (-)
13. Richard (+1)
14. Sezer (-1)

Day 6 of BB7 has got to be one of the most uncomfortable and distressing days of BBUK ever broadcasted. The whole first half of the episode purely consists of the housemates ganging up and mocking every single thing Shabahz does, and isolating him from the group.

The day starts off with Sezer continuously dumping Shabahz's bowls of cereal. The whole house believes that SHABAHZ was the one who actually THREW the cereal and was wasting food which leads to Lisa violently tearing Shabahz done. She makes me ashamed that she is representing Asians being Asian myself.

Next up Nikki disposes Shabahz's drink, probably on purpose but she claims she didn't know it was his. Shabahz decides to tell Nikki off it only for Lea to say that Shabahz is a BULLY for the way he treats these girls. She says the same thing when Bonnie approaches Shabahz as well.

Then Shabahz is outside reading the welcome pack while the likes of Grace and Lea call him attention seeking. Lea even says, "he probably can't read and is just staring at it for attention."

Sezer then locks Shabahz in the garden using his belt and Richard initially tries to sneak in Roast Chicken Crisps through the door but the house thinks its okay to offer him Bacon ones knowing very well that he's Muslim.

Some of the male housemates decide to take Shabahz's clothes while he's swimming. Quite disappointing that George snatched his clothes when just earlier in the episode he was the only one remaining in the lounge with Shabahz when everyone leaves. Most of the house finds this amusing except for Imogen and Grace who feel sorry for him, with the latter bitching about him later on in the episode. After this NIKKI decides that they should hide his clothes to "make him hurt more."

All of this and the events in the last few days leads to Shabahz deciding to walk, though I think it was more of a mutual decision made by the producers and Shabahz himself that it was best for him to leave. I barely get upset when I watch BB but Shabahz tearing up in the diary room and being consoled by Big Brother and the producer waiting outside the DR made me feel that way.

The only housemate that actually came across well throughout these events is Pete. () I've gained so much respect for him to stick with Shabahz when almost the whole house is against him. Only other person in the house I feel had some remorse over the way Shabahz was treated is Imogen, but she also has things to say about Shabahz.

All these events from the first six days leading to the huge blow up is what made the first week of BB7 one of my least favourites. Completely unacceptable behaviour that wouldn't go so well in today's society, but somehow slipped by in 2006. In fact it feels like the first week of BB7 is completely different than the rest of the series because I actually end up supporting the people who treated Shabahz poorly in this episode (Lea, Nikki).

Now that's over and done with, I can re watch the rest of BB7 as if it wasn't a chore to get through.
Old 10-11-2019, 05:49 PM #4780
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post
Her treatment wasn't as bad as Shahbaz tbh. It was only like a few of the girls that hated her, whereas with Shahbaz it was the entire house against him.

And I think the conflict with Sam was over quickly iirc.
It wasn’t as bad, no, but it was still transphobia/bullying/unpleasantness
Jake. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 05:52 PM #4781
-

-

It’s madness really, the treatment of Shabhaz didn’t seem to create any kind of media storm
Jake. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:06 AM #4782

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Currently watching Bonnie's eviction and when Davina interviews the crowd, she said that Grace and Mikey aren't gonna last long together.

13 years later and they are happily married, and have three kids.

Just found that really funny.

Last edited by Eddie.; 11-11-2019 at 11:07 AM.
Old 11-11-2019, 12:56 PM #4783

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Day 5/6 (Shahbaz walks)

1. Pete (+1)
2. Shahbaz (+5)
3. Bonnie (+2)

4. Imogen (+4)
5. Nikki (-4)
6. Lea (-3)
7. Dawn (-3)
8. Glyn (-2)
9. Mikey (-)
10. George (+1)
11. Grace (-1)

12. Lisa (-)
13. Richard (+1)
14. Sezer (-1)

Day 6 of BB7 has got to be one of the most uncomfortable and distressing days of BBUK ever broadcasted. The whole first half of the episode purely consists of the housemates ganging up and mocking every single thing Shabahz does, and isolating him from the group.

The day starts off with Sezer continuously dumping Shabahz's bowls of cereal. The whole house believes that SHABAHZ was the one who actually THREW the cereal and was wasting food which leads to Lisa violently tearing Shabahz done. She makes me ashamed that she is representing Asians being Asian myself.

Next up Nikki disposes Shabahz's drink, probably on purpose but she claims she didn't know it was his. Shabahz decides to tell Nikki off it only for Lea to say that Shabahz is a BULLY for the way he treats these girls. She says the same thing when Bonnie approaches Shabahz as well.

Then Shabahz is outside reading the welcome pack while the likes of Grace and Lea call him attention seeking. Lea even says, "he probably can't read and is just staring at it for attention."

Sezer then locks Shabahz in the garden using his belt and Richard initially tries to sneak in Roast Chicken Crisps through the door but the house thinks its okay to offer him Bacon ones knowing very well that he's Muslim.

Some of the male housemates decide to take Shabahz's clothes while he's swimming. Quite disappointing that George snatched his clothes when just earlier in the episode he was the only one remaining in the lounge with Shabahz when everyone leaves. Most of the house finds this amusing except for Imogen and Grace who feel sorry for him, with the latter bitching about him later on in the episode. After this NIKKI decides that they should hide his clothes to "make him hurt more."

All of this and the events in the last few days leads to Shabahz deciding to walk, though I think it was more of a mutual decision made by the producers and Shabahz himself that it was best for him to leave. I barely get upset when I watch BB but Shabahz tearing up in the diary room and being consoled by Big Brother and the producer waiting outside the DR made me feel that way.

The only housemate that actually came across well throughout these events is Pete. () I've gained so much respect for him to stick with Shabahz when almost the whole house is against him. Only other person in the house I feel had some remorse over the way Shabahz was treated is Imogen, but she also has things to say about Shabahz.

All these events from the first six days leading to the huge blow up is what made the first week of BB7 one of my least favourites. Completely unacceptable behaviour that wouldn't go so well in today's society, but somehow slipped by in 2006. In fact it feels like the first week of BB7 is completely different than the rest of the series because I actually end up supporting the people who treated Shabahz poorly in this episode (Lea, Nikki).

Now that's over and done with, I can re watch the rest of BB7 as if it wasn't a chore to get through.
Day 7/8 (Bonnie, Dawn and Glyn nominated. Dawn ejected. Bonnie evicted.)

1. Pete (-)
2. Lea (+4)
3. Nikki (+2)
4. Bonnie (-1)
5. Dawn (+2)oh shut up, oh shut up

6. Imogen (-2)
7. Glyn (+1)

8. Grace (+3)
9. George (+1)
10. Mikey (-1)
11. Lisa (+1)

12. Richard (+1)
13. Sezer (+1)

oh shut up, oh shut up. Dawn's ejection has got to be one of the best ones in terms of entertainment value when she was leaving.

Still think Bonnie was so robbed. Yes she was quiet and yes she didn't really live up to her legendary VT, but she was that type of housemate who showed her personality through her clothes. Her fun personality really showed on her final night and I think she was great in her eviction interview, because she had her own clothes on. Even if I actually am enjoying watching Glyn the second time round, I still think Bonnie would have had a better journey than him in the house. I mean, in the end, Glyn's storyline was just him becoming a man, that's it. BB should have just kept Dawn in till she was evicted instead of ejecting her since she seemed to be the one who was most likely to go out of the three anyways.

I'm so glad that first week is over and I'm ready to just enjoy the rest of BB7, and also for my Aisleyne and Susie experience again. <3 So excited for them and Sam to come in the coming days...

Biggest Jump: Lea (#6 to #2, 4 spots)
Biggest Drop: Imogen (#4 to #6, 2 spots)

Last edited by Eddie.; 11-11-2019 at 12:58 PM.
Old 11-11-2019, 04:28 PM #4784

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Day 7/8 (Bonnie, Dawn and Glyn nominated. Dawn ejected. Bonnie evicted.)

1. Pete (-)
2. Lea (+4)
3. Nikki (+2)
4. Bonnie (-1)
5. Dawn (+2)oh shut up, oh shut up

6. Imogen (-2)
7. Glyn (+1)

8. Grace (+3)
9. George (+1)
10. Mikey (-1)
11. Lisa (+1)

12. Richard (+1)
13. Sezer (+1)

oh shut up, oh shut up. Dawn's ejection has got to be one of the best ones in terms of entertainment value when she was leaving.

Still think Bonnie was so robbed. Yes she was quiet and yes she didn't really live up to her legendary VT, but she was that type of housemate who showed her personality through her clothes. Her fun personality really showed on her final night and I think she was great in her eviction interview, because she had her own clothes on. Even if I actually am enjoying watching Glyn the second time round, I still think Bonnie would have had a better journey than him in the house. I mean, in the end, Glyn's storyline was just him becoming a man, that's it. BB should have just kept Dawn in till she was evicted instead of ejecting her since she seemed to be the one who was most likely to go out of the three anyways.

I'm so glad that first week is over and I'm ready to just enjoy the rest of BB7, and also for my Aisleyne and Susie experience again. <3 So excited for them and Sam to come in the coming days...

Biggest Jump: Lea (#6 to #2, 4 spots)
Biggest Drop: Imogen (#4 to #6, 2 spots)
Day 9/10:

1. Nikki (+2)
2. Pete (-1)
3. Lea (-1)
4. Imogen (+2)

5. Grace (+3)
6. Glyn (+1)

7. George (+2)
8. Mikey (+2)
9. Lisa (+2)
10. Richard (+2)

11. Sezer (+2)

Biggest Jump: Grace, 3 spots, #8 to #5
Biggest Drop: Pete, 1 spot, #1 to #2, Lea, 1 spot, #2 to #3

Aisleyne is comingg
Old 11-11-2019, 05:31 PM #4785

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

The scene where Nikki refuses to eat the salmon Grace made because of "problems that she doesn't want to discuss" kind of makes sense now that we know about Nikki's past.

Also Davina being transphobic towards Sam in the end of the live show talking about her gender identity. Definitely wouldn't sit well if it was broadcasted today like some of the stuff that has already been shown...
Old 12-11-2019, 02:31 AM #4786

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Day 9/10:

1. Nikki (+2)
2. Pete (-1)
3. Lea (-1)
4. Imogen (+2)

5. Grace (+3)
6. Glyn (+1)

7. George (+2)
8. Mikey (+2)
9. Lisa (+2)
10. Richard (+2)

11. Sezer (+2)

Biggest Jump: Grace, 3 spots, #8 to #5
Biggest Drop: Pete, 1 spot, #1 to #2, Lea, 1 spot, #2 to #3

Aisleyne is comingg
Day 11/12 (Aisleyne and Sam enter)

1. Nikki (-)
2. Pete (-)
3. Aisleyne (NEW HM)
4. Lea (-1)
5. Sam (NEW HM)

6. Imogen (-2)
7. Grace (-2)
8. Glyn (-2)
9. George (-2)

10. Lisa (-1)
11. Richard (-1)
12. Mikey (-4)

13. Sezer (-2)

The plastics are coming in full force.

Biggest Jump: No one
Biggest Drop: Mikey, 4 spots (#8 to #12)
Old 12-11-2019, 09:03 AM #4787

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Day 11/12 (Aisleyne and Sam enter)

1. Nikki (-)
2. Pete (-)
3. Aisleyne (NEW HM)
4. Lea (-1)
5. Sam (NEW HM)

6. Imogen (-2)
7. Grace (-2)
8. Glyn (-2)
9. George (-2)

10. Lisa (-1)
11. Richard (-1)
12. Mikey (-4)

13. Sezer (-2)

The plastics are coming in full force.

Biggest Jump: No one
Biggest Drop: Mikey, 4 spots (#8 to #12)
Day 13/14 (George walks, Lea, Richard and Sezer nominated)

1. Pete (+1)
2. Nikki (-1)
3. Aisleyne (-)
4. Lea (-)
5. Sam (-)

6. Glyn (+2)
7. Imogen (-1)
8. Grace (-1)

9. Richard (+2)
10. George (-1)
11. Lisa (-1)

12. Mikey (-)
13. Sezer (-)

A shame George left, he was really starting to become an interesting housemate...

Hoochgate though. It's indeed amusing seeing Richard and Sezer call each other bullies when they themselves were the worst bullies to Shabahz in the first week. And Pete saying wankers in the end of Day 14 and saying that he loves it when his Tourettes are in context.

Oh I'm so ready to re-watch Sezer's iconic eviction, the first of BB7's eviction trinity. (Sezer, Grace and Nikki's 1st Eviction).
Old 12-11-2019, 09:07 AM #4788

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Haha love how there isn't a reaction from the crowd when Davina announces the voting lines for Lea and Richard but once she announces the lines for Sezer, the crowd goes wild and boos the **** out of him.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:24 PM #4789
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake. View Post
It’s madness really, the treatment of Shabhaz didn’t seem to create any kind of media storm
I know right? It definitely would've had it appeared after Nikki's ''who is she?'' rant.

Quote:
Old 12-11-2019, 12:26 PM #4790
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Currently watching Bonnie's eviction and when Davina interviews the crowd, she said that Grace and Mikey aren't gonna last long together.

13 years later and they are happily married, and have three kids.

Just found that really funny.
Russel Brand was worse. He used to rip Mikey to shreds to Big Mouth saying they won't last and that it was a showmance.

If only he knew.

Quote:
Old 12-11-2019, 12:30 PM #4791
Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Why So Serious?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
A shame George left, he was really starting to become an interesting housemate...

Hoochgate though. It's indeed amusing seeing Richard and Sezer call each other bullies when they themselves were the worst bullies to Shabahz in the first week. And Pete saying wankers in the end of Day 14 and saying that he loves it when his Tourettes are in context.

Oh I'm so ready to re-watch Sezer's iconic eviction, the first of BB7's eviction trinity. (Sezer, Grace and Nikki's 1st Eviction).
He left because he fancied Grace and she was interested in Mikey. The whole ''fame'' rubbish was just an excuse. If George had stuck around for just one more day, he would've likely had nominated Richard and Lea and it would've been a head to head eviction between them.

The irony of Richard and Sezer calling each other bullies was hilarious. I love Hoochgate, a very underrated argument.

Quote:
Old 12-11-2019, 02:51 PM #4792
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Tera
BBUSA22: Janelle

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Tera
BBUSA22: Janelle

Quote:
And Pete saying wankers in the end of Day 14 and saying that he loves it when his Tourettes are in context. .

Spoiler:

Matthew. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 03:18 PM #4793

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

The crowd atmosphere during Sezer's eviction blew me away. BB7 really had the best crowds.

Last edited by Eddie.; 12-11-2019 at 03:18 PM.
Old 12-11-2019, 03:38 PM #4794

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Kind of feel bad for Lea being so certain that she will leave, it shows the general taste of the voting public. I bet Lea would have went if Sezer didn't cause so much controversy.
Old 12-11-2019, 03:42 PM #4795

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I think Glyn is alright actually in my second watch. I remember being so annoyed by him the first time for no apparent reason. I love his friendship with Aisleyne at the moment.
Old 12-11-2019, 03:47 PM #4796

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Sam seems like such a fun and nice person to be around with.

Don't like how the Plastics are picking on her, and Sam thinks so fondly of some of them.
Old 12-11-2019, 03:51 PM #4797

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Sezer is so confident that he is gonna survive evictions just because of his looks alone that it is cringe to watch.
Old 12-11-2019, 03:56 PM #4798

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

The looks and tears of happiness on Richard and Lea' faces while Sezer and the Plastics are in disbelief after Davina announces Sezer's eviction. An iconic moment.

Last edited by Eddie.; 12-11-2019 at 03:56 PM.
Old 12-11-2019, 04:33 PM #4799

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Day 13/14 (George walks, Lea, Richard and Sezer nominated)

1. Pete (+1)
2. Nikki (-1)
3. Aisleyne (-)
4. Lea (-)
5. Sam (-)

6. Glyn (+2)
7. Imogen (-1)
8. Grace (-1)

9. Richard (+2)
10. George (-1)
11. Lisa (-1)

12. Mikey (-)
13. Sezer (-)

Day 15/16 (Sezer evicted)

1. Pete (-)
2. Aisleyne (+1)
3. Lea (+1)
4. Sam (+1)

5. Nikki (-3)
6. Glyn (-)
7. Grace (+1)

8. Imogen (-1)
9. Richard (-)

10. Lisa (+1)
11. Mikey (+1)

12. Sezer (+1)

The scum is out.

Such a great eviction highlights episode. Sezer being so confident that he will stay because "girls want to see someone who is good looking in the house", and that Lea will be evicted because of the way she presents herself and that she is a woman. WTF.

And then the Plastics' worst dream comes true when Sezer actually gets evicted to the shock of the house. Aisleyne, Glyn, Pete and Sam all celebrating with Richard and Lea in one side of the lounge, while the Plastics on the other side losing it in shock on the other side.

Then Grace completely loses it in the bedroom with the rest of the Plastics and ranting on and on about how Aisleyne tries to be black and ghetto, while calling her a "wigger", and being fed up with Sam COMPLIMENTING her all the time and calling her a "he-she". She would have been kicked out two weeks earlier if she had said that even in the following year. She's such a great villain even if I don't agree with her.

What a day and the Plastics vs Freaks divide is only just beginning...
Old 13-11-2019, 03:25 AM #4800

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Day 15/16 (Sezer evicted)

1. Pete (-)
2. Aisleyne (+1)
3. Lea (+1)
4. Sam (+1)

5. Nikki (-3)
6. Glyn (-)
7. Grace (+1)

8. Imogen (-1)
9. Richard (-)

10. Lisa (+1)
11. Mikey (+1)

12. Sezer (+1)

The scum is out.

Such a great eviction highlights episode. Sezer being so confident that he will stay because "girls want to see someone who is good looking in the house", and that Lea will be evicted because of the way she presents herself and that she is a woman. WTF.

And then the Plastics' worst dream comes true when Sezer actually gets evicted to the shock of the house. Aisleyne, Glyn, Pete and Sam all celebrating with Richard and Lea in one side of the lounge, while the Plastics on the other side losing it in shock on the other side.

Then Grace completely loses it in the bedroom with the rest of the Plastics and ranting on and on about how Aisleyne tries to be black and ghetto, while calling her a "wigger", and being fed up with Sam COMPLIMENTING her all the time and calling her a "he-she". She would have been kicked out two weeks earlier if she had said that even in the following year. She's such a great villain even if I don't agree with her.

What a day and the Plastics vs Freaks divide is only just beginning...
Day 17/18

1. Pete (-)
2. Aisleyne (-)
3. Sam (+1)

4. Glyn (+2)
5. Lea (-2)
6. Nikki (-1)

7. Richard (+2)
8. Imogen (-)

9. Mikey (+2)
10. Lisa (-)
11. Grace (-4) lol

Lots of opinions on certain housemates have changed after two days just because of Sam.

The treatment of Sam by the Plastics really shows how different society is to trans people in 2006, and how much the attitudes towards trans individuals have changed for the better. The transphobia towards Sam is so obvious and like what I said before with many things from this series, it wouldn't go so well in 2019.

Many people love Nikki, myself included, but a lot of people seem to forget that she really had it in for Sam because was trans. In the end of Day 18 after Sam made a joke on how Nikki wanted a new guy in the house so that she could shag him. I bet Nikki would have laughed it off if any other housemate said it but instead she goes on a rant on how Sam is a "manbeast", a "ladyboy" and how she constantly referred to Sam as a he. That was quite vile and I have to admit I didn't like her when I said that. She definitely wouldn't have gotten away with it so easily if she said it in today's context.

Last edited by Eddie.; 13-11-2019 at 03:26 AM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bbuk, part, rewatch or first, thread, watch