Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 17-11-2019, 02:40 PM #1
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Default Jennifer Arcuri: ‘I’ve kept Johnson’s secrets – now he’s cast me aside

The US businesswoman Jennifer Arcuri has accused Boris Johnson of brutally casting her aside “like some one-night stand” and leaving her “heartbroken” since he became prime minister and the controversy over their four-year relationship became public.

In an outspoken interview with ITV’s Exposure, to be broadcast on Sunday, the tech entrepreneur also tells the journalist John Ware that Boris Johnson has refused to take her phone calls at Downing Street and has cut her off before she could initiate a conversation.

Addressing her words directly to the prime minister, who actively championed her business interests during his time at City Hall while failing to declare their friendship, Arcuri says: “I’ve been nothing but loyal, faithful, supportive, and a true confidante of yours.

I’ve kept your secrets, and I’ve been your friend. And I don’t understand why you’ve blocked me and ignored me as if I was some fleeting one-night stand or some girl that you picked up at a bar because I wasn’t - and you know that. And I’m terribly heartbroken by the way that you have cast me aside like I am some gremlin ... He should know me well enough to know who I am ... Shame on him for not answering the phone.”

While Arcuri refuses to divulge the nature of their relationship she is clear that they were very close for several years.

She tells Ware in the programme When Boris Met Jennifer that she wishes he had declared their friendship and been above board about it to avoid the resulting humiliation. She says it was clear that the prime minister was “worried” about making the relationship public because of all the questions that would be asked.

Referring to one recent call to Johnson, she says: “He heard my voice. And I knew it was him. And he hung up. He said ‘Yes, hello’ and I simply asked: ‘Why did you block me?’ I wasn’t calling to cause problems, I merely just wanted a simple ... acknowledgement for what had happened.”

On another occasion, shortly after Johnson became prime minister, Arcuri says she was very keen to speak to him because she had heard that reporters were contacting her friends.

“When I expressed the interest to want to speak to him, I was told: ‘There are bigger things at stake’, and I was brushed off as if I was one of Kennedy’s girlfriends showing up to his White House switchboard, you know, here to do my, you know, calling. And I felt so disgusted and humiliated that I was told: ‘Bigger things are at stake; never mind you, he’s too busy for you’.”

Arcuri said that, when she tried his personal phone on yet another occasion, she was summarily passed to someone who spoke to her in a language she believed to be Chinese.

But it is her suggestions that Johnson was both aware, and concerned about, the need to declare interests that could prove to be the most damaging to the prime minister. On becoming mayor of London in 2008 Johnson had to sign up to a code of conduct requiring that he not use his position to gain financial or other benefits for himself, his family or even his friends.

After meeting Arcuri in 2012, however, he spoke four times at events to promote her tech business interests, which she talks about in the programme. It is also alleged that Johnson helped secure Arcuri places on prestigious overseas trade trips which she recognises have helped her career and benefited her. The ITV programme claims Arcuri and Johnson had an affair that lasted more than four years. During that time Johnson wrote to the City Hall monitoring officer on nine occasions declaring various personal interests. Arcuri’s name did not appear on any of those letters.

Johnson has denied any impropriety or having broken any rules. However, the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) has been asked to consider whether Johnson, who as mayor was responsible for London’s policing, should be investigated for misconduct in public office over his failure to declare his relationship to Arcuri.

Among the allegations being investigated by the IOPC are questions over a payment of £126,000 of public money to Arcuri’s businesses and why she was on three overseas trade missions with Johnson, despite not qualifying as a delegate.

Last weekend the Observer revealed that an IOPC announcement on whether there should be a criminal investigation had been postponed until after the general election, prompting claims that the ruling had been suppressed to prevent Johnson being damaged during the campaign.

Referring to the last few months Arcuri says: “It’s caused nothing but utter chaos, destruction and sheer disappointment on many fronts ... and as a result I am the collateral damage that’s left behind. I mean the prime minister hasn’t been affected. He puts his head in the sand and looks the other way. I’m the one on the ground having to pick up the pieces from my name and my integrity and my character and my business, you know, – all these things that I, you know, never intended to have to explain publicly.”
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ne-night-stand

She is going to spill soon
hell hath no fury like a woman scorned

Last edited by Twosugars; 17-11-2019 at 02:45 PM.
Twosugars is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-11-2019, 02:42 PM #2
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Sure

it is normal
Old 17-11-2019, 02:42 PM #3
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Not a "scorned woman" trying to discredit a politician. You'd think there was some kind of election going on.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-11-2019, 02:47 PM #4
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

C'mon Jennifer tell us what you know about the philandering lying clown who broke the rules and gave you taxpayers' money
Old 17-11-2019, 03:13 PM #5

Jennifer Arcuri

You Poxy Tramp
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-11-2019, 03:42 PM #6

Favourites:
BB18: Raph
X Factor 2013: Abi Alton

Favourites:

Wow, so he doesn’t have time to answer her callls.
Well, he is the PM, trying to sort Brexit, trying to sort an election...get to the back of the queue dear.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-11-2019, 03:45 PM #7

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Not a "scorned woman" trying to discredit a politician. You'd think there was some kind of election going on.
All his mudslinging wont change peoples minds,they will vote for who they want to infact it could be working in his favour the silly sausages.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-11-2019, 06:07 PM #8
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
mudslinging wont change peoples minds,they will vote for who they want to
For once I actually agree with you Kazanne. People already know who they're voting for in December, the campaigning, promises and press (positive or negative) is a waste of time and effort.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-11-2019, 05:23 PM #9
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Jennifer Arcuri, the US businesswoman at the centre of conflict of interest allegations against Boris Johnson, has said she warned the prime minister last week that she would speak out against him after he repeatedly refused to take her calls.

In a round of live broadcast interviews on Monday, Arcuri said Johnson should apologise for ignoring her and allowing her to be “fed to the lions” since news of their relationship became public.

Speaking on the BBC’s Victoria Derbyshire programme she read out a text she said she had sent Johnson last week after he had hung up on her call and refused to take further calls.

It said: “Is this the price of loyalty, to be hung up on, ignored and blocked? Why would I remain silent if you can’t even speak to me? And I’ve been nothing but loyal to you.”

She again refused to confirm whether she had an affair with Johnson but suggested he was sexually attracted to her. She said: “I couldn’t believe the fervent, linear focus which he had on me. And I assure you, it was not just a sexual intention. He actually was very intrigued by my energy, my ability to get things done. He loved my events. And he saw the way I could work a room.”

She said she had come to London to “call out” Johnson “for just looking the other way and allowing me to be fed to lions”.

Johnson’s register of interests as mayor makes no mention of Arcuri or her company, but he spoke at four of her events. She was also given thousands of pounds of sponsorship by the mayor’s promotional agency London & Partners and access to trade trips with Johnson despite failing to meeting the criteria.

The Independent Office of Police Conduct (IOPC) has been asked to decide whether there is enough evidence to mount a criminal investigation against Johnson into possible misconduct in public office over alleged favours to Arcuri. Separately, the chair of a London assembly investigation into the allegations revealed he was reviewing Johnson’s relationship with another woman that he failed to declare.

On Monday, Arcuri said: “I would love an apology,” and added: “He’s moved on. I’ve moved on. That shouldn’t stop him from having the kind courtesy of being able to acknowledge the fact that, for a long time, I was a part of his life.”

Arcuri also confirmed that she had called Johnson in August after she realised news of their friendship was about to become public. She said Johnson had passed the call on to an aide who had “mocked” her by speaking with a Chinese accent. She said the stunt was “pathetic” and added: “It was somebody who didn’t want him speaking to me.”

Johnson has insisted he acted with full propriety and that he had no interest to declare regarding Arcuri. After being played a clip of him stating this, Arcuri initially said: “I agree with him. There was no interest. He didn’t do me any favours.”

But asked whether Johnson should have declared an interest, Arcuri then said: “Yes, if that’s what it would take to save me this humiliation.” She also confirmed that she had urged Johnson to “validate” her by publicly acknowledging her merits.

She said: “There was just the assumption of guilt just because people looked at me and they knew him. I didn’t know that track record, but I quickly caught on. And it really bothered me the way that people were whispering from day one. I always told him: ‘Validate me. Tell people how great my events are. Tell them how much we are doing for London.’”

She insisted she had not asked Johnson to give her a place on trade missions to New York and Tel Aviv, but acknowledged that L&P, which awarded her places on the trips, “knew I knew Boris”.

Arcuri added: “There was no corruption here. I would still have been the tenacious go-getter that I was. I just happened to meet Boris first.”

A No 10 statement said: “Any claims of impropriety in office are untrue and unfounded. Given that City Hall has made an unfounded complaint to the IOPC we will not be making detailed comments until that process is finished. Full assistance has been offered to the IOPC so the matter can be quickly resolved.”
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...d-to-the-lions

Her tour of tv studios continues
She's value for money that girl
Remains to be seen if bojo " validates" her or she will talk
Old 18-11-2019, 05:25 PM #10

She has no talent
Old 18-11-2019, 05:31 PM #11
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Bojo stuck with her for four years. She must be good at something
Besides it's not as if she was appearing on Britain's got talent

Last edited by Twosugars; 18-11-2019 at 05:38 PM.
Old 18-11-2019, 05:36 PM #12

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Someone tell her the jungle is fully booked up.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-11-2019, 08:28 AM #13

Old 19-11-2019, 08:39 AM #14
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...there is no context to the actual interview there...so it makes no sense with that part of the clip...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-11-2019, 08:47 AM #15
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Not usually a fan of Lorraine but she was spot on with that observation

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-11-2019, 09:26 AM #16

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Not usually a fan of Lorraine but she was spot on with that observation
Indeed.
Perhaps if the media didn’t pay into her pension fund and allow her the airtime she craves then she wouldn’t be able to carry on not answering the tedious questions they spew out.
smudgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-11-2019, 09:38 AM #17

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Indeed.
Perhaps if the media didn’t pay into her pension fund and allow her the airtime she craves then she wouldn’t be able to carry on not answering the tedious questions they spew out.
Shes a weird one for sure,the way she keeps smiling and looking for the cameras, she either needs to cough up or fook off as she is just wasting peoples time. I cant stand Lorraine Kelly,but I kinda liked her calling this idiot out.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-11-2019, 10:43 AM #18
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
Shes a weird one for sure,the way she keeps smiling and looking for the cameras, she either needs to cough up or fook off as she is just wasting peoples time. I cant stand Lorraine Kelly,but I kinda liked her calling this idiot out.
Made me blurt out a little laugh.... Wasn't expecting it from you!

I feel the same about Lorraine Kelly.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-11-2019, 02:32 PM #19
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

She's been gagged obv...couldn't say anything if she wanted to. That's what she's peed off about.
Old 19-11-2019, 02:36 PM #20
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

I disagree Kizzy. I think shes itching to talk but wants to draw it out and get the most out of it.
She seems pretty clued up how to play it nice and slow with the media.
Old 19-11-2019, 02:47 PM #21
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

I think she's doing this for boris. Lead everyone on a goose chase revealing nothing until the election happens, keeping honest voters minds of all his other, far worse issues.
Old 19-11-2019, 02:52 PM #22
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
I think she's doing this for boris. Lead everyone on a goose chase revealing nothing until the election happens, keeping honest voters minds of all his other, far worse issues.
..yeah, that’s totally what I think as well...something like this is not going to harm him in any way...but it does serve a purpose of taking focus in the media...
Old 19-11-2019, 02:55 PM #23
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..I think it more-so now since watching her GMB interview earlier in full...of all the things for Lorraine Kelly to get frustrated and rant about....
Old 19-11-2019, 02:56 PM #24
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twosugars View Post
I disagree Kizzy. I think shes itching to talk but wants to draw it out and get the most out of it.
She seems pretty clued up how to play it nice and slow with the media.
I hope you're right and it all comes out the day before the election how he's given her more than just 100s of 1000s in public money... mind you the dyed in the wool boris supporters won't care if he ripped the last crust from a dying child and gave her it, they'd still vote for him. :/
Old 19-11-2019, 03:00 PM #25
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..yeah, that’s totally what I think as well...something like this is not going to harm him in any way...but it does serve a purpose of taking focus in the media...
Get your own awesome speculative guesses

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
arcuri, cast, he’s, jennifer, johnson’s, onenig, secrets, ‘i’ve