Notices

Tech, Movies & Video Games Discuss technology, movies and video games here.

Old 08-12-2019, 09:36 PM #1
Banned

Banned

Default Favourite games of the year?

I'd say my favourite games released this year have been the following.

7. Concrete Genie - This one is just really godamn cute, it's not a long game but it's painting mechanics are addictive and it's just a really heartwarming experience. I never expected to like it but I ended up loving it.
6. Mortal Kombat 11 - It feels like each MK game improves on the predecessor and this one is no different. There's loads to do, the story mode's fun as hell and the online is excellent, plus my favourite MK character of all time, Sindel, has been added to the game recently and I'm hooked.
5. Pokemon Sword/Shield - It's been a controversial pokemon game for some but I really loved it, it may not have all the pokemon but new inclusions like the Wild Area and raids have kept me coming back plus the new region is pretty great and the towns all look really pretty.
4. Shadowbringers - It's a Final Fantasy XIV expansion but I'm gonna include it here. The story is one of the greatest ever told in an FF game and it's villain probably won't be matched for quite some time. It's an emotional experience to get through and a worthwhile one and the changes and new jobs that the expansion has brought with it has really improved the game a lot.
3. Bloodstained - It's pure Castlevania and I adored this game, if you love games like Symphony of the Night then you'll love this. It's just a really excellent game that should be experienced by everyone.
2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses - I've got so many hours on this game and I've yet to finish all the routes. The gameplay is deep and rewarding, the story is rich and devastating and the whole 'Hogwarts meets Game of Thrones' vibe this game has just really works. I've always found Fire Emblem to be a lil' hit and miss as a franchise but this one was damn near perfect.
1. Resident Evil 2 - I cannot overstate how much I loved this game, Resident Evil 2 traumatised me as a child (in the best of ways!) and the remake is pretty much perfection. I constantly get the urge to revisit the game and now that RE3 remake is a thing, I probably will at some point. Pretty much everything about it is an improvement on the original and it makes me real excited to see what's in store for RE3.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 11:29 PM #2
-

-

Death Stranding
Resi 2
The Outer Worlds

I also really enjoyed Days Gone. It's buggy and has a few other issues, the human-on-human combat is only passable and the story and characters are decent but nothing outstanding... BUT... tearing about on the motorbike and fighting huge zombie hordes is just fun goddamnit. So while it's not the "best" game I've played this year, it had multiple moments when it was certainly the most fun I've had playing a game this year.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
favourite, games, year