Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 11-12-2019, 07:11 AM #51
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...(...I’m enjoying reading the differing views/perspectives of both of you, Kizzy and Remy...)...and that’s the thing with this type of situation...how it’s easy to see and understand both sides...the Pension system in France as it stands, drains government resources that it doesn’t need to if it were simplified for all..?...but in doing so, some are feeling less valued in a society of generally feeling less valued...?...I think the reality that in general, people are going to have to work longer in life and will have a lesser pension...but one particular article that I was reading about the situation made me think that there are deeper feelings involved than the pension changes...to use a quote from that, it’s “the feeling of being forgotten”....which is running through not just protesters, but supporters of those also...

...anyways, Remy...I hope that your daily disruptions are not too severe and frustrating...Vive le France etc....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 05:24 AM #52
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
I don't agree with that attitude tbh, government don't give rights to keep the peace they are hard fought and hard won reform. To suggest cretain sectors forgo those is unfair.
I wouldn't expect any parent or teacher would suggest working hard is bad or wrong.

As any politician your leader works for the citizens, reforms are suggested and voted on, he is not in that position to inflict his will without analysis and debate.

Should a sector via their representatives disagree they are within their rights to voice their objections. That is democratic, democracy does not begin and end with a vote for a leader.
Trust me, this is our educational system.

Anybody should have the chance to voice their opinion, but without violence, hate or spreading fake news. And that's the most damaging thing the unions are doing, which is really annoying a lot of people here.

8th day without trains! Who does that? Yes, the people from French rail who benefit of the best social regime the world probably has ever seen. It costs an humongous amount of money, and yes, the governments gave it to them in the past to keep the peace and to not disturb the rail traffic. And that's the truth.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 05:25 AM #53
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...(...I’m enjoying reading the differing views/perspectives of both of you, Kizzy and Remy...)...and that’s the thing with this type of situation...how it’s easy to see and understand both sides...the Pension system in France as it stands, drains government resources that it doesn’t need to if it were simplified for all..?...but in doing so, some are feeling less valued in a society of generally feeling less valued...?...I think the reality that in general, people are going to have to work longer in life and will have a lesser pension...but one particular article that I was reading about the situation made me think that there are deeper feelings involved than the pension changes...to use a quote from that, it’s “the feeling of being forgotten”....which is running through not just protesters, but supporters of those also...

...anyways, Remy...I hope that your daily disruptions are not too severe and frustrating...Vive le France etc....
Aww thanks! I take local tramway in my city so it's fine, some days there are less transport but we make it work. Or I ride a scooter to work. I hate those but I have to say it's useful in those cases
Old 12-12-2019, 09:09 AM #54
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Remy View Post
Trust me, this is our educational system.

Anybody should have the chance to voice their opinion, but without violence, hate or spreading fake news. And that's the most damaging thing the unions are doing, which is really annoying a lot of people here.

8th day without trains! Who does that? Yes, the people from French rail who benefit of the best social regime the world probably has ever seen. It costs an humongous amount of money, and yes, the governments gave it to them in the past to keep the peace and to not disturb the rail traffic. And that's the truth.
I find that hard to believe sorry that teachers don't want the children to do their best or achieve as much as their potential allows..

You have just explained how it is not that much of an inconvenience to you, back when you did protest there were those who wI'll have been unaffected by your cause who were inconvenienced by your actions in some way. This is the same on s larger scale, to show solidarity by just carrying on as you are is enough.

It seems unlikely the unions are spreading fake news, they will have pay, conditions, safety or contractual obligations to consider, if they are saying proposals compromise any of these why would you then think that is fake?

Politics is not a religion there is no need for blind faith or a devotion to one supreme leader, (yes even corbyn) it is possible to agree with an election result but disagree with a policy.

Again I doubt any past party budgeted just to keep the peace with the workforce, sectors such as the fire service are respected and integral to society in many ways, my first thought would be for them in any action.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:29 PM #55
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
I find that hard to believe sorry that teachers don't want the children to do their best or achieve as much as their potential allows..

You have just explained how it is not that much of an inconvenience to you, back when you did protest there were those who wI'll have been unaffected by your cause who were inconvenienced by your actions in some way. This is the same on s larger scale, to show solidarity by just carrying on as you are is enough.

It seems unlikely the unions are spreading fake news, they will have pay, conditions, safety or contractual obligations to consider, if they are saying proposals compromise any of these why would you then think that is fake?

Politics is not a religion there is no need for blind faith or a devotion to one supreme leader, (yes even corbyn) it is possible to agree with an election result but disagree with a policy.

Again I doubt any past party budgeted just to keep the peace with the workforce, sectors such as the fire service are respected and integral to society in many ways, my first thought would be for them in any action.
Well I mainly protested in high school and colleges by helping closing them for a few days to protest about stuff that were really (and I mean REALLY) bad. The whole France was against it, the government was not elected for that, and in that extent that was fair to protest because it was a complete blindside. I then understood there are other ways to make my voice heard. But it's just my personal case.

And just to finish this off, yes unions are spreading fake news about the pensions reform. Unions are very powerful in France, it's in our DNA too. They are mainly funded by public money (which to me is an atrocity but that's a whole other debate.) They don't seek compromise, they actually also lose pay days other this. They just announced today that there will be NO TRAINS during Christmas holidays, taking basically the whole country as hostage. Who is that cold hearted to do something that extreme? The French unions as usual.

In terms of the policy the President was elected to achieve, sure there are things I don't always agree with, but then again he was elected on a second round (in France we have two rounds: one with all candidates, another one with the top 2 later) so Macron really had opportunities to explain that policy and he got the most votes in both rounds. Now if there were dictatorial tendencies I would agree, but really it's only 5 years (10 at most) and it is his turn to turn his policy into actions. Let him do the job and judge him later, not before. That's all I'm saying.

In the end, you can always take a long trip there to see for yourself I suppose. I can't explain it any further I suppose, so that's fair, and thanks for your interest! I really mean that in a nice way.

Last edited by Captain.Remy; 12-12-2019 at 05:31 PM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
france, national, pension, reductions, strike