Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 11-12-2019, 02:42 PM #101
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Has anyone heard of the DUP, What is their history, is anyone going to list their past associations?
Old 11-12-2019, 02:42 PM #102

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...my-Corbyn.html

Now 15 ex Labour MPs urge voters to reject Jeremy Corbyn: Risk of him becoming PM is 'too great' say former colleagues in devastating open letter hours after shadow minister branded him a security risk.

It states: 'Despite what Jeremy Corbyn says about anti-Semitism, we need to accept that most Jewish people have well-founded fears about what Labour has become. British Jews deserve our support.'

On Mr Corbyn's record on national security, it states: 'From wanting to 'end Nato' to calling members of Hamas and Hezbollah 'friends', Jeremy Corbyn has too often sided with those hostile to Britain, from the IRA to Russia.'

The poster concludes: 'We know it's a hard decision for Labour supporters to make. It was for us, too.

'But millions of people who have voted Labour all their lives now think the risk of Jeremy Corbyn getting into Number 10 is too great.

'The party has changed. Labour is no longer the party we have supported all our lives.'.......
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 02:43 PM #103
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...my-Corbyn.html

Now 15 ex Labour MPs urge voters to reject Jeremy Corbyn: Risk of him becoming PM is 'too great' say former colleagues in devastating open letter hours after shadow minister branded him a security risk.

It states: 'Despite what Jeremy Corbyn says about anti-Semitism, we need to accept that most Jewish people have well-founded fears about what Labour has become. British Jews deserve our support.'

On Mr Corbyn's record on national security, it states: 'From wanting to 'end Nato' to calling members of Hamas and Hezbollah 'friends', Jeremy Corbyn has too often sided with those hostile to Britain, from the IRA to Russia.'

The poster concludes: 'We know it's a hard decision for Labour supporters to make. It was for us, too.

'But millions of people who have voted Labour all their lives now think the risk of Jeremy Corbyn getting into Number 10 is too great.

'The party has changed. Labour is no longer the party we have supported all our lives.'.......
Former Prime Minister John Major urged people not to vote for Johnson.
Old 11-12-2019, 02:47 PM #104

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Has anyone heard of the DUP, What is their history, is anyone going to list their past associations?
They would, I hope, if the leader was in danger of becoming the PM of the UK.
Old 11-12-2019, 03:02 PM #105

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
Former Prime Minister John Major urged people not to vote for Johnson.
He sure did.
If only the Labour party had a really decent contender for PM. They would walk it. Shame on Corbyn for not taking himself off long ago.
Old 11-12-2019, 03:06 PM #106
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
He sure did.
If only the Labour party had a really decent contender for PM. They would walk it. Shame on Corbyn for not taking himself off long ago.
And then feed us all another 10 years of marginally better than tory blairite center rightism. People want change. Everywhere corbyn goes he's greeted with crowds cheering, Boris hides in fridges and won't even talk to Mr Neil. Walking an election between Blairism and toryism is nothing to aim for.
Old 11-12-2019, 03:32 PM #107

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
And then feed us all another 10 years of marginally better than tory blairite center rightism. People want change. Everywhere corbyn goes he's greeted with crowds cheering, Boris hides in fridges and won't even talk to Mr Neil. Walking an election between Blairism and toryism is nothing to aim for.
That's all very well if you believe every word that comes out of his mouth and believe all the sweeteners he promises to hand out to have an endless supply. He's trying to win an election you know, he's as big a liar as many other prospective PM's.
That's all very well if you don't care or don't believe that he is a terrorist supporting, anti - semite enabler. Many people know there is hard evidence at hand without looking too far and DO CARE.
If Corbyn gets in, people will get change all right, but it won't be the glorious change he's promising, it will be more than they bargained for. I predict at the very least that he'd turn out to be a huge disappointment.

Last edited by jet; 11-12-2019 at 03:36 PM.
Old 11-12-2019, 03:39 PM #108
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
That's all very well if you believe every word that comes out of his mouth and believe all the sweeteners he promises to hand out to have an endless supply. He's trying to win an election you know, he's as big a liar as many other prospective PM's.
That's all very well if you don't care or don't believe that he is a terrorist supporting, anti - semite enabler. Many people know there is hard evidence at hand without looking too far and DO CARE.
If Corbyn gets in, people will get change all right, but it won't be the glorious change he's promising, it will be more than they bargained for.
I believe that he believes the social justice he's worked for for the last 30 years, and I believe his work against anti semitism stands up against the smears, that actually started when labour changed their policy towards the rights of the Palestinian people, and at the same time that Labour had a jewish leader in Milliband.

I don't want hand outs, I do better than ok. I don't want any free thing you think I do. I want the poor, disabled and sick to be cared for with dignity, I want the super wealthy to pay their fair share so that we can pay for the things that all past generations had, but have been taken away over decades to give tax breaks to the richest in society.

I don't want labour for me, I'll happily pay more in tax, I want labour because I want everyone to do better.
Old 11-12-2019, 05:43 PM #109

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I believe that he believes the social justice he's worked for for the last 30 years, and I believe his work against anti semitism stands up against the smears, that actually started when labour changed their policy towards the rights of the Palestinian people, and at the same time that Labour had a jewish leader in Milliband.

I don't want hand outs, I do better than ok. I don't want any free thing you think I do. I want the poor, disabled and sick to be cared for with dignity, I want the super wealthy to pay their fair share so that we can pay for the things that all past generations had, but have been taken away over decades to give tax breaks to the richest in society.

I don't want labour for me, I'll happily pay more in tax, I want labour because I want everyone to do better.
Yes, I want all that too, who wouldn’t, but what makes you believe Corbyn is the man to achieve it? Because he says so, and is an ‘activist’?
He isn’t very smart, apparently he’s hopeless with money, he hadn’t progressed beyond being a backbencher for many years, many in his own party don’t like him. His CV doesn’t say great, life changing, ‘PM Material’ to me. See, to me he is just the eternal rebellious adolescent who has never grown up and is stuck in the 60’s.. A mature man doesn’t neglect his wife and children financially and emotionally (which led to his divorce from his previous wife) to spend days away from home in seedy back rooms with dubious characters, like anti - British whiners and terrorist supporters.

IMO he doesn’t live in the real world, but in some fictional blockbuster where he is the heroic saviour in his own mind. If innocents get blown up along the way or his family life is destroyed, well, too bad, it was worth it because his ‘activating’ has always made him feel alive and important. It’s all about him, at the end of the day. He’s not caring, he only wants you to believe he is. How could he be, when he supported terrorists who murdered 1000’s of innocent people? Does that sound caring to you? But of course you refuse to believe it, and only he could cure the ills in our society….nope, I can’t see it….I can see a Corbyn government going from crisis to crisis and disappointment to disappointment under an incompetent, adolescent dreamer with extremely worrying links to unsavoury characters.

Last edited by jet; 11-12-2019 at 06:02 PM.
Old 11-12-2019, 06:04 PM #110
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Yes, I want all that too, who wouldn’t, but what makes you believe Corbyn is the man to achieve it? Because he says so, and is an ‘activist’?
He isn’t very smart, apparently he’s hopeless with money, he hadn’t progressed beyond being a backbencher for many years, many in his own party don’t like him. His CV doesn’t say great, life changing, ‘PM Material’ to me. See, to me he is just the eternal rebellious adolescent who has never grown up and is stuck in the 60’s.. A mature man doesn’t neglect his wife and children financially and emotionally (which led to his divorce from his previous wife) to spend hours away from home in seedy back rooms with dubious characters, like anti - British whiners and terrorist supporters.

IMO he doesn’t live in the real world, but in some fictional blockbuster where he is the heroic saviour in his own mind. If innocents get blown up along the way or his family life is destroyed, well, too bad, it was worth it because his ‘activating’ has always made him feel alive and important. It’s all about him, at the end of the day. He’s not caring, he only wants you to believe he is. How could he be, when he supported terrorists who murdered 1000’s of innocent people? Does that sound caring to you? But of course you refuse to believe it, and only he could cure the ills in our society….nope, I can’t see it….I can see a Corbyn government going from crisis to crisis and disappointment to disappointment under an incompetent, adolescent dreamer with extremely worrying links to unsavoury characters.
He doesn't live in the real world? But you know the break up of his marriage because he was in backrooms with dubious characters? Sorry, Jet, but that's not really coherent. Whereas Posh Rascal Johnson won't even admit how many children he has. Is that really what you've resorted to? He's not very good with money? You know this how? How good at managing money would you say all ages of people forced to endure zero hour contracts under the tories are?

His CV tells me that he's been fighting for over 30 years, the same fight that young people are fighting today. I mean, we can go round the houses all night if you want, but all you really want to say is IRA.

I'm honestly sympathetic to that, if I'd lived through what you have then maybe I'd feel the same way. The troubles are over (for now - although Boris as PM will test that) and many of those involved went on to be public servants in the aftermath, so we can keep going back decades, or we can look at what Johnson has done with his eaton pals, to the whole union just in this last decade.

Where foodbanks now outnumber mcdonald's franchises, where sick children are lying on the floors of hospitals because the NHS has been killed by under funding, where sick and disabled people are told they're fit to work so are killing themselves because the government stops providing them with anything to live on, where the debt has soared, where they stole pension money from women born in the 50's and rather than accounting for what they've done with it, they're attacking Corbyn for saying he wants to give them back the money they worked their lives for.

I'll be honest, I don't know a huge amount about his IRA connections, but I do know the tories killing people today, which will only get worse post brexit, and that's more of a concern to me as things stand.

How do I know he means it? Because he has a record of fighting for it.

Last edited by The Slim Reaper; 11-12-2019 at 06:13 PM.
The Slim Reaper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 06:46 PM #111

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
He doesn't live in the real world? But you know the break up of his marriage because he was in backrooms with dubious characters? Sorry, Jet, but that's not really coherent. Whereas Posh Rascal Johnson won't even admit how many children he has. Is that really what you've resorted to? He's not very good with money? You know this how? How good at managing money would you say all ages of people forced to endure zero hour contracts under the tories are?

His CV tells me that he's been fighting for over 30 years, the same fight that young people are fighting today. I mean, we can go round the houses all night if you want, but all you really want to say is IRA.

I'm honestly sympathetic to that, if I'd lived through what you have then maybe I'd feel the same way. The troubles are over (for now - although Boris as PM will test that) and many of those involved went on to be public servants in the aftermath, so we can keep going back decades, or we can look at what Johnson has done with his eaton pals, to the whole union just in this last decade.

Where foodbanks now outnumber mcdonald's franchises, where sick children are lying on the floors of hospitals because the NHS has been killed by under funding, where sick and disabled people are told they're fit to work so are killing themselves because the government stops providing them with anything to live on, where the debt has soared, where they stole pension money from women born in the 50's and rather than accounting for what they've done with it, they're attacking Corbyn for saying he wants to give them back the money they worked their lives for.

I'll be honest, I don't know a huge amount about his IRA connections, but I do know the tories killing people today, which will only get worse post brexit, and that's more of a concern to me as things stand.

Corbyn's ex wife reported those personal family details, and also a friend of his, they are repeated in several books of which I have read extracts. There is a lot worse than that, maybe you should visit the library for copies. His poor family lost their home due to his fecklessness.

Quote:
He hasn’t had much success then has he?

You think Corbyn is the answer to our prayers. I think he’s far from it.
You think he’s effective, I think he’s a rebellious adolescent who thrives on the 'fight' and the 'oh jeremy Corbyns'!!! but has too many weaknesses.
You can put aside his terrorist and anti semite connections. I can’t.

So we are just going round in circles really....

Last edited by jet; 11-12-2019 at 07:14 PM.
Old 11-12-2019, 09:32 PM #112
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
They would, I hope, if the leader was in danger of becoming the PM of the UK.
Is it not enough that they are 'supply' for this crooked govt...they were effectively bought for a billion to begin with! Then they have the cheek to lecture Corbyn about associating with dodgy people... pffft.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
chief, corbyn, fit, high, jeremy, office, rabbi