Notices

Survivor Discuss all versions of the CBS reality show.

Old 04-01-2020, 10:56 PM #2076
bottle blonde

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BBCanada 9: Julie
bottle blonde

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
BBCanada 9: Julie

maffew are yew readeh for t'mia galeotalanza experience xD
Old 04-01-2020, 11:12 PM #2077
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Tera
BBUSA22: Janelle

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moniqua View Post
maffew are yew readeh for t'mia galeotalanza experience xD

Spoiler:

Matthew. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 04:28 PM #2078
King Judd

Favourites:
BBUSA15: Judd

King Judd

Favourites:

Bumper post to kick start Season 3- Africa.

Survivor 3 Ep 1

Love Africa as a location, adds a new element to the show with the danger of animals.

The initial trek was funny with Frank and Kim striving ahead. Didn’t seem as gruelling as other years though.

All smiles now, the camps seem cool. Like the idea of someone having to stay up at all times to keep watch for animals, another thing to be aware of!

Naughty Clarence with two cherries, that may come back and bite him.

Very difficult challenge, looks absolutely exhausting.

Savage Diane and Clarence eating a can of beans behind everyone’s back.

Tom is an early fave, having the guts to say wht he feels.

‘You a doctor? Let me see, you ain’t no doctor!’- Go on Tom!

Diane is hilarious- flopping in the challenge, then eating the can of beans.

Looks like Clarence is an easy choice for a first boot, not even been any speculation whatsoever of a second vote!

Glad Clarence stayed, he has a lot of potential to cause drama and stir the pot.

Boots-

Diane- Despite only being in one episode she was hilarious- falling all over the place and then looking absolutely in shock when voted out.

Survivor 3 Ep 2

Like Jessie- ‘Don’t tell me your not worried about the game because you are worried about the game!’

Oh so we have young Kim and old Kim.

Ah yes the age divide, I remember this well. Can’t remember who I liked/disliked though.

*Am rewatching this with my Mum who’s watching for the first time, she comments- ‘Isn’t the picture bad!’- I remind her of it being Season 3 not Season 39!*

Old Kim feels responsible, bless her it was a tough challenge. Those steps looked heavy.

Don’t blame the ‘old’ for trying to sway Silas, kinda hoping that it does work.

Like the Lex/Kim/Ethan alliance. From my first watch I distinctly remember Lex being one of my favourites.

The stabbing of the cow and taking of it’s blood made uncomfortable viewing and something that probably would be banned and heavily complained about if aired today.

Love Teresa, remember being disappointed she wasn’t chosen to return for second chances.

This blood challenge is pretty disgusting, and there’s like no challenge to it because everyone’s downing it!

So one tribe is old vs young and the other are trying to get rid of the girls- classic Survivor ay.

Shame about Jessie, she seemed to have some attitude and could prove a loyal asset later on. Looks like Clarence isn’t out of the woods just yet.

Boots- In order of faves
Diane
Jessie- Liked her, she was ill though and therefore used as a scapegoat for the second vote, think she had potential.

Survivor 3 Ep 3

The scene with the two Lion’s was very intense, doubt production would allow the animals to get much closer though.

Lol at the girls making ‘bead necklaces’ and Frank complaining about it.

Am liking Silas, he’s playing the game well and being quite strategic so far.

As much as I love the Africa setting the lack of water or a lake would be missed.

The challenge is brutal, Tom literally shoving Kim out of the way is a personal highlight.

Love this challenge where they have to make the SOS signal, allows them to be creative and interesting what different approaches the tribes take.

Oop just remembered, I swear one of the tribes decides to get nakey nakey to be seen- grim.

Yep I was right, Tom with is ass out and a feather poking out of it, eugh.

Boran’s SOS signal was WAY better, like it wasn’t even close.

‘If your excess baggage, get the hell out of my way!’- Yes Frank.

The friendship necklace thing is so lame and silly by the younger lot. Like to think this vote would be 4-4 but don’t think it will, hoping Silas will turn!

Oop it’s 4-4! And there’s no previous votes to go off, come on Silas switch and let’s say bye bye to Lindsay!

Woah this is savage it’s going to questions and I kinda think a little unfair? Lindsay and Carl should have become safe like in later seasons and then everyone else be vulnerable!

Very tense tribal with extremely high stakes, I am glad that Carl went- though worried about my main gal Teresa now!

Boots-
In order of faves
Diane
Jessie
Carl- Hate the ‘he didn’t need the money’ argument but yeah Carl was just sort of there really, no big loss. Carl leaving though will have big implications for his tribe I feel!

Ep 4 later this week!
Old 05-01-2020, 04:47 PM #2079
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe. View Post
The scene with the two Lion’s was very intense, doubt production would allow the animals to get much closer though.
Lex did an AMA on Reddit and said that after the lion incident happened, the executive producer came out and shouted at them all for not building the wall as high as they had been instructed. He was angry because as much as he would hate to send any of the players home in a body bag, sending members of his production crew in a body bag would be completely unacceptable. That’s why you see them building the wall the next day.

Spoiler:

Old 05-01-2020, 04:48 PM #2080
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Vanuatu is another one I found pretty boring Although I think I'd definitely say better than Thailand & All Stars (other than those two I think it's only better than South Pacific for me)

Honestly a good chunk of the earlier seasons are a bit boring IMO. You'll be on Cook Islands & Fiji & Palau & Guatemala soon as well which aren't all that
Old 05-01-2020, 08:17 PM #2081
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody

I can't wait for Matthew to experience Ami and Twila and Scout and Eliza
Old 08-01-2020, 04:29 AM #2082
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot View Post
I can't wait for Matthew to experience Twila and Eliza and Chris

I'll give Scout a stamp of approval too. There's not much else though or a whole lot material for entertainment throughout the season.

But idk why I could see Matthew liking that season & a lot of the cast.
Old 08-01-2020, 07:09 PM #2083
King Judd

Favourites:

King Judd

Favourites:

Survivor 3 Ep 4

Here we go, the young being all cocky now that Carl has gone after loosing over one question.

Tom climbing the tree whilst Clarence shouts- 'HELL NAW, HELL NAW!'

I like Linda, coming into camp really early and forcing one oft he young to read the note then shouting 'Rise and shine' in their faces Her OTT discussion with Frank then which culminates in her shouting 'THANK YOU' in Kim's face is a top tier moment. 'LET ME ON THE TEAM!', 'CAN WE DEMONSTRATE A HUG SWEETIE? DID YA MOMMA NEVER HUG YA?'

That netted thing they run along just looks so... unsafe.

All of the pots shattering for Sabruru, that's pretty bad. They are by far the most interesting tribe at the moment!

I wonder what production would have done if the angry Ox did come charging for one of the tribe?

Actually wanted Sambruru to win that challenge, would rather see a member of the other tribe go.

I REALLY don't want Frank, Teresa or Linda to go- why can't it be one of the others. Brandon is vile, Silas is getting on my nerves and eugh Lindsaya and Kim are so annoying!

I'm confused how 'whoever being voted out' voting for Lindsay will help them come merger, surely that means Lindsay will go if there's a split vote? Oh wait I understand now, so that all the votes are in one singular place?

At least the olds went against the youngs desired plan and didn't go out without a fight.

GUTTED to see Linda go, she was one of my favorites.

Boots-
In order of faves
Linda- She fought to the very end, didn't change who she was and stayed loyal to her alliance. Love how her alliance didn't just go down without a fight and be told who to vote for either. The scene where she stood up to the young Sambruru folk was one of my faves and I feel Linda could have been a winner if she survived this vote!
Diane
Jessie
Carl

Ep 5 maybe this weekend.

Last edited by Joe.; 08-01-2020 at 07:10 PM.
Joe. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 09:52 PM #2084
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe. View Post
[I like Linda, coming into camp really early and forcing one oft he young to read the note then shouting 'Rise and shine' in their faces Her OTT discussion with Frank then which culminates in her shouting 'THANK YOU' in Kim's face is a top tier moment. 'LET ME ON THE TEAM!', 'CAN WE DEMONSTRATE A HUG SWEETIE? DID YA MOMMA NEVER HUG YA?'

Linda- She fought to the very end, didn't change who she was and stayed loyal to her alliance. Love how her alliance didn't just go down without a fight and be told who to vote for either. The scene where she stood up to the young Sambruru folk was one of my faves and I feel Linda could have been a winner if she survived this vote!

Spoiler:

Old 09-01-2020, 07:15 PM #2085
King Judd

Favourites:

King Judd

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew. View Post
Shame if we were in a later season production would have lanted an idol for ehr to find!
Old 13-01-2020, 06:38 PM #2086
King Judd

Favourites:

King Judd

Favourites:

Survivor 3 Ep 5

Post Linda Survivor Africa

Silas and Lindsay hounding Teresa and Frank, leave them alone, at least Brandon said outright he'd have done the same with the votes!

YES a tribe swap, and at such an unexpected point! LOVE that Silas went with Teresa and Frank, hopefully he can be out soon! Our Sambruru Oldies are SAVED

Silas looks absolutely blindsided

Teresa/Frank spilling the tea to Boron is music to my ears- get Lindsay/Silas/Brandon and Kim out!

'We got a queer and two girls as tight as a...' - Lovely thanks for that Tom.

Tom is vile but funny- 'When a woman has trouble with her butt I told her that's the job I was made for!'

Unsure how I feel about challenges using live animals.

Lindsay crying against a tree, how the tides turn!

Blimey, Brandon was quick to drop Lindsay *in the immortal words of Bea Hamill* like a cold bag of sick!

Shame Boran lost and Lindsay's staying, but let's say goodbye to Silas or Clarence then instead?

Wheeeeew Chile, Silas seemed FUMING on his way out- cya!

Boots- In order of faves
Linda
Diane
Silas- Made more of an impact than Jessie/Carl but disliked Silas in the end. I liked him to start of with but his alliance was frustrating and he became the villain quite quickly. Very happy to see his downfall due to the twist, all because he chose to be one of the three to answer tree-mail- classic.
Jessie
Carl

Last edited by Joe.; 13-01-2020 at 06:39 PM.
Old 17-01-2020, 04:08 PM #2087
King Judd

Favourites:

King Judd

Favourites:

Survivor 3 Ep 6

‘Three people here for a resort vacation!’- The young letting the switched Boran do five-hour long night shifts is savage.

Lindsay really is worrying about her past votes isn’t she!

Ah the age-old chicken, debate, eat the chicken or wait for eggs. I always think it’s wise waiting for eggs really- but the temptation to eat the chickens would also be tough.

I love trivia challenges, would love to see more of them on Survivor!

‘The big five’ still makes me lol as it reminds me of the apprentice and Ryan Mark.

Looks like Brandon and Lindsay are seeing the light on how they acted, Lindsay saying she acted like the ‘Queen of the land!’.

I’m warming to Clarence- ‘I’ve spoken individually to all the chickens and told them that you know, they’re on notice!’- Giving them 24 hours to lay an egg or that’s it haha. The next morning- AN EGG! Just the one but an egg nonetheless! Clarence’s reaction to the egg: ‘OH HELL NAW!’ then telling the chickens he hates them and they laid it to spite him!

Love the romantic music as the tribe eat the chicken!

Very clever Kim trying to let the tribe know that Lindsay already has votes, but hey if it is a Brandon/Tom split I’d LOVE to see Tom beat Brandon on trivia!

Liked the challenge, think that I’d be useless at it though, have a rubbish aim.
YAAAS Lindsay just missed a target. Get ha gone!

SO felt like Brandon was going before tribal but now it’s clear Lindsay is, at least she was humble upon leaving!

Boots- In order of faves
Linda
Diane
Silas
Jessie
Carl
Lindsay- Disliked Lindsay really, she was childish and rude to other contestants then when voted off said she didn’t like the ‘malicious behaviour’? She was a good villain however and extremely humble when leaving, one thing I’d say about her is that she was loyal to a T.
Old 19-01-2020, 10:44 AM #2088
Inactive

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Victoria
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Rewatching Africa, the first ep was such a scream <3 The Clarence food drama is so iconic, and Diane trying to throw him under the bus pretending she didn't ask him to open the can of beans for her sksk

Also I forgot how much racist vibes Tom gave off on his seasons... he was a lil too riled up when confronting Clarence lmao and also him being the only one to vote Clarence off other than Diane... dot dot dot hmm!

Oh and Ethan was SO hot, I forgot how hot he used to be

They really don't make Survivor like they used to, old-school Survivor really is untouchable in terms of reality tv <3
Old 19-01-2020, 11:30 AM #2089
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Old 19-01-2020, 12:38 PM #2090
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Lindsey defeating Carl in the tiebreaker quiz <3 An outspoken legend <3

Speaking of outspoken legends:

"What's wrong with ya? THIS is a hug sweetie. Did ya momma never hug ya?"

Old 19-01-2020, 05:58 PM #2091
King Judd

Favourites:

King Judd

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post

"What's wrong with ya? THIS is a hug sweetie. Did ya momma never hug ya?"

Truly iconic, LOVE Linda.

--------

Survivor 3 Ep 7

Brandon saying he was so glad Lindsay is gone when he was her best friend literally days ago!

Clarence going for a dump until a heard of elephants disturb him

Remember Lex being one of my favorites the first time around but this time he's not that prevalent, maybe it's because he's better in the second half of the game.

YES finally an individual challenge, now the game really starts.

Here for Teresa's version of 'Tomorrow' during the challenge topping the charts.

Oop here comes Probst with a burger, I'd be tempted.

Those that have dropped out have now and a burger and a pizza, lucky ay.

Good on Clarence for honoring the deal of rock, paper, scissors after six hours! SO glad Teresa won the challenge, she so deserved it!

Strange comment from Kelly- 'Half the population are loners but there are prescription drugs for that!' Frank is definitely one of the more interesting characters there.

Bloody hell, Tom talking about 'taking Teresa' and finding her attractive-

Is it just me that finds it annoying that there are two 'Kim's' left, young Kim and old Kim and they are both pretty irrelevant so far?

BOLD by Lex telling Clarence they are voting him off. Clarence has grown on me. So a real shame to see him go really.

Boots- In order of faves
Linda
Diane
Clarence- Interesting character and very entertaining. His food wars at the start were hilarious and I warmed to him as a character as the season progressed, would have liked to see him make the jury.
Silas
Jessie
Carl
Lindsay

Last edited by Joe.; 20-01-2020 at 04:43 PM.
Old 20-01-2020, 12:00 PM #2092
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

One of the best Survivor moments ever, if not one of the best reality moments of all time No other show could produce something like this
Old 20-01-2020, 12:23 PM #2093
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Sucks seeing Kelly booted, I remember really liking her on first watch but this time round she was pretty insignificant for the most part, but she really came alive in her last 3 episodes

Brandon definitely made one of the dumbest moves in Survivor at the time - Kelly had flipped to the minority Samburu alliance, which would've put him at least in the top 4 on the 'pecking order' as they now had the numbers over the original majority Boran alliance of 5 (who had voted out another of their alliance members - Clarence - last round). But Lex came to Brandon and straight up told him he would be fifth in their alliance of five if he joined them, and he still went with it???

I wonder how different the season would have been had Brandon not made that dumb flip move. Him or T-Bird probably would've won the season.
Old 20-01-2020, 12:30 PM #2094
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

I always had it in my head that, if Lex made the final two, he would've won the season, but watching how aggressively Lex played the game, if anything I think he'd probably be a goat. He burned so many bridges, played extremely selfishly and didn't really abide by any decisions made by his alliance that weren't created by him.

A good example of someone who was controlling the game but not necessarily winning at it.
Old 20-01-2020, 02:50 PM #2095

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Bayleigh
Survivor 40: Parvati

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Bayleigh
Survivor 40: Parvati

Ugh older seasons of Survivor really do slay. I love that survival > strategy on the earlier seasons. It means we get to see more blowups and meltdowns because tribes used to disagree over their means of survival as opposed to just arguing over who should be voted out next
Jigs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-01-2020, 06:02 PM #2096
King Judd

Favourites:

King Judd

Favourites:

Survivor 3 Ep 8

Lex and his ego, going mad about the one vote, but surely worrying about that one vote is the right thing to do- I like Lex.

Now this is a cool reward, properly experiencing the African culture and something Ethan/Lex will never forget!

Must be surreal for the Africans seeing this TV company come to their town, let alone the other way around.

Savage for the goat buyer to head straight for the butchery!

This reward reminds me of the early days of The Amazing Race in Africa- an incredible time for reality tv.

Ethan coming out the toilet to a crowd of people

Teresa is playing with fire, and I absolutely love her.

Pretty boring immunity challenge to watch as a viewer, but something I think I'd be quite good at.

Glad Ethan won immunity, he wasn't in danger at all though so pretty pointless.

SO frustrating- Lex thinking Kelly was the vote, I like Kelly! Hope they don't go for her...

This looks to be an interesting vote, feeling bad for Kelly if she get's targeted though.

Boots- In order of faves
Linda
Kelly- 'If this is the last vote I cast then at least I voted for you, who I have always considered... not fun to be around!'- What a parting vote. Sad to see Kelly go really, wish she'd trumped Lex but she was let down by snakey Brandon
Diane
Clarence
Silas
Jessie
Carl
Lindsay
Old 20-01-2020, 06:03 PM #2097
it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

it’s a mad, mad world

Favourites (more):

Lex

Spoiler:

Old 20-01-2020, 06:22 PM #2098
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
I always had it in my head that, if Lex made the final two, he would've won the season, but watching how aggressively Lex played the game, if anything I think he'd probably be a goat. He burned so many bridges, played extremely selfishly and didn't really abide by any decisions made by his alliance that weren't created by him.

A good example of someone who was controlling the game but not necessarily winning at it.
Okay I spoke too soon I'm on the finale now and it's clear the jury respected his game and he probably would've won.

Screaming @ Brandon asking the finalists who deserved to be in the final 2 the least out of all the jury and Ethan just replying "You." with no elaboration

And then Brandon saying in his voting confessional that he's switched his vote from Ethan to Kim because Ethan slammed him on his own question Such a tragic castaway, easily the worst of the season! Such a bitter betty the whole season

Last edited by Headie; 20-01-2020 at 06:39 PM.
Headie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-01-2020, 06:43 PM #2099
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Tom's final voting confessional, one of the funniest ever

And Kelly's was iconic too, quoting her favourite film and using it as the reason for voting Ethan over Kim <3
Old 20-01-2020, 07:38 PM #2100
Inactive

Favourites (more):

Inactive

Favourites (more):

Clarence at the reunion talking about the can of beans incident:

"It was mad... like I ain't seen white people that mad since OJ got acquitted"

Bookmark/share this topic