Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Celebrity Hijack Discuss Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack shown on E4 in January 2008.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:34 PM #76
Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:
BB14 USA: Britney

Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:
BB14 USA: Britney

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack
Quote:
Originally posted by dupin
I'm not sure that your opinion can be based on a cryptic conspiracy theory as opposed to the person (though clearly you don't like that either.)

I think the thing is, obviously there are exceptions - I'm not saying all women hate Jade and men don't, it will be less structured and robitic than that, but clearly what I say in the original post is applicable, and I thought long and hard about it before making it.
It's hardly a conspiracy theory, I just find it strange she hasn't tested it since. I still think she is intelligent (there's no denying that) but she has no real talent and you can't really rely on that IQ score. I think she also said she got 2 As and a B in her A levels. Again, good but hardly exceptional. You can't get into Cambridge or Oxford University with those.
To be honest though, she wouldn't have even got in if she didn't have a talent.
Callum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:36 PM #77

Quote:
Originally posted by Callum
Quote:
Quote:
I'm not sure that your opinion can be based on a cryptic conspiracy theory as opposed to the person (though clearly you don't like that either.)

I think the thing is, obviously there are exceptions - I'm not saying all women hate Jade and men don't, it will be less structured and robitic than that, but clearly what I say in the original post is applicable, and I thought long and hard about it before making it.
It's hardly a conspiracy theory, I just find it strange she hasn't tested it since. I still think she is intelligent (there's no denying that) but she has no real talent and you can't really rely on that IQ score. I think she also said she got 2 As and a B in her A levels. Again, good but hardly exceptional. You can't get into Cambridge or Oxford University with those.
Well obviously (based on the producer's opinion). I'm just saying I don't think it's a real talent (in my opinion of course). I think Emilia summed her up - "jack of all trades; master of none".
Jack is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:36 PM #78
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Message original : Callum
Quote:
Quote:

Liam lied about his buisness and he's in so the producers didn't verify their sources.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:38 PM #79

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Matt10k
I'd tend to trust my general opinion of someone having watched/ talked to them as a better judge of intelligence as opposed to an IQ test. Not saying i'm fantastic at it or anything but to me, IQ doesn't mean much. Most of the tests seem to be difficult to relate to real life experience and show little as to how any cognitive skills could be adapted around the pressures of society.
That's all well and good, but don't go undermining IQ tests. They're clearly reliable...that's why they are IQ tests after all.
I am undermining them because I don’t think they are reliable.

What does an IQ test prove exactly? That you are intelligent? In what sense? They sit you down in an artificial environment and give you a series of logic based questions. I don't think they are an accurate representation because I think intelligence is more complex and you can't expect to get an accurate answer from one test that lasts about an hour.
Matt10k is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:22 AM #80
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Jade's eviction just highlights how insecure the voting public are. I predicted on launch night that Jade would be the first evictee, and I was completely right.

Why? You can claim that "she was annoying", and yes, she was, but Victor too was annyoing, and not only that, he's sexist, mean, spiteful, and an overall t***.

The reason Jade was evicted was because she is an attractive and intelligent woman, and someone like her stands no chance at ever getting anywhere in programmes like these, because the majority of voters are female, who will instantly hate any female housemates because of their own insecurities and jealousy. I'm sure many will deny it in this thread, but it's clear that Jade was just an incredibly nice person who didn't deserve to get evicted tonight.

Still in doubt? Look who's the 5/2 favourite to win...Anthony is a nice enough guy, but if he was ugly, would be favourite to win? Of course not, and this is completely ruining Big Brother. Jade had an incredible attitude that deserved to see her to the final.

Shame on the voting public ...
hundred percent corecrt. people will give excuses but we know the truth jade and all; attractive girls get slated by big briother audience. emilia will be next fingers crosswed she dont gop up for noms.
molecular is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:16 AM #81

Favourites:
UBB: Nikki
BB11: Corin

Favourites:
UBB: Nikki
BB11: Corin

Too bad,. I liked Jade,. rare these days (in fact i've never) to see someone with such an awesome attitude about living your life positively.

As far as the voting/girl hate thing you might be onto something dupin. But I also have to agree with arneldo that alot of people did find her annoying. Myself I didn't quite get what Jade was all about until after a few days.

Regarding her I.Q in question by some of the critics if you understand anything about the test you will know that regardless of the difference in the kinds of tests, most are very accurate and stay constant throughout life. You can argue they might not show reality concerning everyday activites or street smarts but that isn't the basis of the test. It shows your ability to learn, adapt, solve problems and retain information. Do a little research and you will find an I.Q score between 174 to 200 is shared by 1 in a 1,000,000 people and is higher then Einstiein's.

Anyway i don't want to get in any flame war with a few of you who didnt like Jade I just thought I had to make my say. I thought she was truly a unique person and very beautiful spiritually and physically and I believe the voting public got it wrong. Not the first time i've been disappointed and highly probable it wont be the last.

P.S I believe Jade has A bright future ahead of her and I'm sure this wont be the last we'll see of her.
Keith_Can is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:13 AM #82
retro physical

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Lloyd Daniels

retro physical

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Lloyd Daniels

Ugh.
Why is there always like.
so much drama over things o.0

she's out.
get over it.

:]
on the plus side.
i don't put it down to jealousy.
&i don't think it was talent either.
xDramatick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:21 AM #83

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Tamera Foster
I'maCeleb2013: Matthew Wright

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Tamera Foster
I'maCeleb2013: Matthew Wright

Quote:

Why? You can claim that "she was annoying"
She was indeed annoying. That's why I voted for her five times last night.

I also think the producers/hijackers (whoever is concerned) have been fixing the show to make Victor look bad in this last week.

When John McCririck did the task when a housemate saw footage of what another person thinks of them, who was chosen to see it? Jade. A nominee. Who was it they were showing footage to her of? Victor. A nominee. Surely, if this had to be done, then they should have done it with two non-nominees?

And the debate task that Janet Street-Porter set the housemates is another example. The discussion topic, which is the superior gender, was also setting up Victor for a fall imo.

Which is why I am elated that Jade got evicted last night... I was convinced that Victor would go...
Matt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:17 AM #84

I agree with Matt. I was amazed when Jade went. Also Einstein never did an IQ test.
cgimusic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:23 AM #85
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Message original : Matt
She was indeed annoying. That's why I voted for her five times last night.

I also think the producers/hijackers (whoever is concerned) have been fixing the show to make Victor look bad in this last week.

When John McCririck did the task when a housemate saw footage of what another person thinks of them, who was chosen to see it? Jade. A nominee. Who was it they were showing footage to her of? Victor. A nominee. Surely, if this had to be done, then they should have done it with two non-nominees?

And the debate task that Janet Street-Porter set the housemates is another example. The discussion topic, which is the superior gender, was also setting up Victor for a fall imo.

Which is why I am elated that Jade got evicted last night... I was convinced that Victor would go...
I can't agree more, the editing was made in order to make us thinking that Victor will be out, that was obvious. That's why we were all surprised last night !
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:14 AM #86

I think there are some girls out there who will be jealolus of Jade thats normal but I think the reason she was voted out is because she offered the least from the three that were up. Being happy offers no debate which makes her happy but plain and bland. The other two raise debate therefore are bigger and better characters to have in the show.
GlitterEyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
eviction, jade's, jealousy, leading, woman's