Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Football Discuss football in general, including The World Cup, Premier League and Champions League.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-04-2020, 07:11 PM #17
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
Tired of the 'its only sport' attitude from people saying it shouldn't come back yet within a few weeks all shops will be back open and people will be streaming into shopping centres and towns to buy clothes, get haircuts, go to Greggs, Costa etc all of which will be less safe than a football match being played behind closed doors

Get the bloody game on!
And yet the weight of sports games in the global economy is much less than the rest of the economy (factories, services, shops, transportation etc.)

At least in France not everything will reopen at the same time and for not all areas of the country. Not even all schools will reopen. We're a nation of people who don't like being told what to do, and I'm pretty sure we are the country who is complying with the lockdown rules in the worst way. So the government had to it. (Marseille would have never beat PSG for the title anyway lol)

So really there are other priorities than that. I'm not happy about it, being a rugby player and a huge sports fan myself, but let's have a look at the bigger picture here.
A football/rugby/basketball game still requires a lot of staff to be in a stadium, even when played behind closed doors. It's not just the players.
Let's take the least amount of risks for everybody and it will pay off eventually, I deeply share your frustration though.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
banned, cancels, ended, football, france, french, leagues, live, season, september, sport, till