Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 03-09-2020, 06:04 AM #176
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...I did watch the vid you posted btw, Swan...I watched it yesterday but was a little tired to post...the lady is a former Aide to the Obama’s and has spoken publicly about a few different things...(...one of them being mental health...)...that’s just a by the by, not relevant to her words here...I mean, I don’t think that looting and rioting and destroying livelihoods can ever be justified but a lot of the comments under the vid are referencing ‘ the movement’, which I presume is BLM ...and the destruction etc, isn’t BLM, it’s not the protesters...sadly though, there will sometimes be rioters and looters who attach themselves to protests like this..also, some comments referred to the lady as being ‘a real patriot’ ...BLM are real patriots as well I would say...they’re patriots who are trying to strive for some kind of equality for their lives....anyways, there have been massive, largely peaceful protests in many states, I believe...and those are being reported widely by those who are seeing the protests themselves/as opposed to some media type reporting....

...anyways, I was reading this yesterday as well and I found it an interesting read, so I’ll just leave it here ...(...or quotes from it and a link to the full article...)...because I think it also plays a part in USA events and frustrations atm, which have many layers to them...

‘Trump has repeatedly refused to condemn the 17-year-old militia member’s behavior, giving a partial and one-sided rendering of the violence that cast it as justifiable self-defense in a Monday night press conference...’...

‘Donald Trump has a very long history of inciting violence. “If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously, OK? Just knock the hell ... I promise you I will pay for the legal fees,” he told his supporters at a 2016 rally...’...

‘But we’re going through an especially tense period in American politics, with a high-stakes election in two months and bouts of street violence in several cities. In such an atmosphere, Trump’s habit of engaging in violent rhetoric goes well beyond playing with fire...’...

‘Judging by his tweets and the programming during the last week’s Republican National Convention, the president appears to genuinely believe that the chaos unfolding on American streets is good for him politically. The more violence there is, the more he can fearmonger about “Democrat-run cities” and “Joe Biden’s America” — distracting from America’s botched response to the Covid-19 virus...’...

...I’ll just leave it there with the quotes because the link is here, but yeah...interesting ....

https://www.vox.com/2020/9/1/2140903...nce-incitement

...I mean, there are just so many layers to the ‘long of it all’....but the ‘short of it’...I think is said very perfectly by the very wise and very peaceful Rev. Jesse Jackson...’we deserve better than that, we deserve better...’...equality deserves a law that doesn’t hold down a knee until all life has gone and shoots 7 times in the back, each one a potentially lethal shot...and it deserves justice, when these things happen, obviously...and it also deserves for them to not keep happening again and again and again...etc...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 11:58 AM #177
You know my methods

You know my methods

Thumbs up

Kyle Rittenhouse breaks silence in 'tweet heard 'round the world,'
lawyer says: 'I'm going to be out of here soon'

LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 12:01 PM #178
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

The fact they are all using it to try get fame says it all

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 03:10 PM #179

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
...I did watch the vid you posted btw, Swan...I watched it yesterday but was a little tired to post...the lady is a former Aide to the Obama’s and has spoken publicly about a few different things...(...one of them being mental health...)...that’s just a by the by, not relevant to her words here...I mean, I don’t think that looting and rioting and destroying livelihoods can ever be justified but a lot of the comments under the vid are referencing ‘ the movement’, which I presume is BLM ...and the destruction etc, isn’t BLM, it’s not the protesters...sadly though, there will sometimes be rioters and looters who attach themselves to protests like this..also, some comments referred to the lady as being ‘a real patriot’ ...BLM are real patriots as well I would say...they’re patriots who are trying to strive for some kind of equality for their lives....anyways, there have been massive, largely peaceful protests in many states, I believe...and those are being reported widely by those who are seeing the protests themselves/as opposed to some media type reporting....

...anyways, I was reading this yesterday as well and I found it an interesting read, so I’ll just leave it here ...(...or quotes from it and a link to the full article...)...because I think it also plays a part in USA events and frustrations atm, which have many layers to them...

‘Trump has repeatedly refused to condemn the 17-year-old militia member’s behavior, giving a partial and one-sided rendering of the violence that cast it as justifiable self-defense in a Monday night press conference...’...

‘Donald Trump has a very long history of inciting violence. “If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously, OK? Just knock the hell ... I promise you I will pay for the legal fees,” he told his supporters at a 2016 rally...’...

‘But we’re going through an especially tense period in American politics, with a high-stakes election in two months and bouts of street violence in several cities. In such an atmosphere, Trump’s habit of engaging in violent rhetoric goes well beyond playing with fire...’...

‘Judging by his tweets and the programming during the last week’s Republican National Convention, the president appears to genuinely believe that the chaos unfolding on American streets is good for him politically. The more violence there is, the more he can fearmonger about “Democrat-run cities” and “Joe Biden’s America” — distracting from America’s botched response to the Covid-19 virus...’...

...I’ll just leave it there with the quotes because the link is here, but yeah...interesting ....

https://www.vox.com/2020/9/1/2140903...nce-incitement

...I mean, there are just so many layers to the ‘long of it all’....but the ‘short of it’...I think is said very perfectly by the very wise and very peaceful Rev. Jesse Jackson...’we deserve better than that, we deserve better...’...equality deserves a law that doesn’t hold down a knee until all life has gone and shoots 7 times in the back, each one a potentially lethal shot...and it deserves justice, when these things happen, obviously...and it also deserves for them to not keep happening again and again and again...etc...
The comments section in any of those kind of videos is best not read/or just ignored. Admittedly i read a hand full of them and you're right about people going overboard. I just felt her passion, it really stood out. I know for a fact a lot of the protests are peaceful, i've never said otherwise. I can also see how extreme right wingers are certainly going to some of these protests to pick a fight and incite violence. On the other side of the coin though some of the extreme left 'protesters' are looking for any excuse to cause destruction and cause unrest. You could, of course, put some of that down to frustration, anger and unjust, but you also need to control those feelings. Some people are letting their emotions get the better of them and not only are they weakening the movement, they're also making lives even worse for people having to clean up their mess and go through racism on a daily basis.
Old 09-11-2021, 06:18 AM #180
Sod orf

Sod orf

If you didn't know, the trail of this has been going on for the past week. Huge developments yesterday when the survivor testified.

Jack Posobiec has been following and tweeting about this for the past week. Follow him and you'll get to know what's happening. Posobiec is one of the best accounts on twitter if you want to find out what's really happening in America.

Last edited by Alf; 09-11-2021 at 06:22 AM.
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 06:35 AM #181
Sod orf

Sod orf

179 posts worth in this thread (and that's without the posts that probably got deleted) and nobody even had an opinion on the trail.
Old 09-11-2021, 02:30 PM #182
Sod orf

Sod orf

Live coverage of the trail.

Last edited by Alf; 09-11-2021 at 02:31 PM.
Old 09-11-2021, 02:45 PM #183

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):

The judge had very clearly made up his mind about how he wanted the trial to go before hand, he allowed the defence to veto all of the black jurors, he’s going to get off because of a biased, prejudice system
Old 19-11-2021, 05:22 PM #184
Sod orf

Sod orf

Not guilty
Old 19-11-2021, 05:26 PM #185
Sod orf

Sod orf

Old 19-11-2021, 05:28 PM #186
Sod orf

Sod orf

Old 19-11-2021, 05:33 PM #187
Sod orf

Sod orf

Old 19-11-2021, 05:41 PM #188
Sod orf

Sod orf

Old 19-11-2021, 05:53 PM #189

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Completely shameful
Old 19-11-2021, 06:07 PM #190
Sod orf

Sod orf

The Mayor of New York, is definitely not trying to fan the flames for riots.

Sue this Commie piece of sh1t too Kyle.

Last edited by Alf; 19-11-2021 at 06:09 PM.
Old 19-11-2021, 06:51 PM #191

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tia Kofi
Strictly 2020: Ranvir Singh

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tia Kofi
Strictly 2020: Ranvir Singh

Interesting that it’s now completely legal to murder those you disagree with in America…
Old 19-11-2021, 07:07 PM #192
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):

Absolute scumbag who i hope has the worse life imaginable, not only was he on someone else's property illegally carrying a gun before murdering other people its an absolutely shameless result.

But do I expect anything better then a country that made heroes out of cops who murdered an innocent black boy playing in the park?

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-11-2021, 07:10 PM #193
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver View Post
Absolute scumbag who i hope has the worse life imaginable, not only was he on someone else's property illegally carrying a gun before murdering other people its an absolutely shameless result.

But do I expect anything better then a country that made heroes out of cops who murdered an innocent black boy playing in the park?
One of the dead criminals you're in mourning for anally raped a 9 year old boy.

Wheras your anger is towards a 17 year old boy defending himself for his life from a gang of vicious, rioting criminals.

Last edited by Alf; 19-11-2021 at 07:24 PM.
Old 19-11-2021, 08:41 PM #194
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Two things can be true at once - he shouldn't have been there while carrying a gun, and he was defending himself when he shot those people.

Anyone who can listen to the evidence from the trial and think it wasn't self-defence is as stupid as those acting like Rittenhouse is some kind of hero.

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-11-2021, 11:35 PM #195
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
Two things can be true at once - he shouldn't have been there while carrying a gun, and he was defending himself when he shot those people.

Anyone who can listen to the evidence from the trial and think it wasn't self-defence is as stupid as those acting like Rittenhouse is some kind of hero.
More importantly, the rioters shouldn't have been there in the first place. They attacked Kyle because he put our a fire they started. He works in kenosha and his father lives there. Luckily he was armed or he could be dead.

Last edited by Alf; 19-11-2021 at 11:36 PM.
Old 20-11-2021, 02:20 AM #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
More importantly, the rioters shouldn't have been there in the first place. They attacked Kyle because he put our a fire they started. He works in kenosha and his father lives there. Luckily he was armed or he could be dead.

Very True

The Judge seemed to Like him crying
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-11-2021, 02:28 AM #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
Completely shameful

The Judge warned the other side
to not be Brazen,
that was debated last week on CNN HD.

Debate again today on CNN HD Live at 2PM
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-11-2021, 03:27 AM #198
Banned

Banned

Deleted Post

Last edited by Tom4784; 20-12-2021 at 11:00 PM.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-11-2021, 05:43 AM #199
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
The Judge warned the other side
to not be Brazen,
that was debated last week on CNN HD.

Debate again today on CNN HD Live at 2PM
The Judge also banned news network MSNBC after they were caught by police following the jury bus, obviously to try to intimidate the jury. Deep State's gonna deep state!

Last edited by Alf; 20-11-2021 at 05:45 AM.
Old 20-11-2021, 05:58 AM #200
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver View Post
Would he have been less of a scumbag if he let his assailants kill him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis111 View Post
Interesting that it’s now completely legal to murder those you disagree with in America…
It wasn't about "disagreement", he was defending his life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
Well yeah, obviously they shouldn't have been rioting. If it weren't for all the endless riots, he wouldn't have gone there in the first place.

I wonder how long until the next load of riots will be sparked, as a result of this ... Rittenhouse will probably need to be given a new identity tbh, save him from the lunatics.

Last edited by Oliver_W; 20-11-2021 at 06:01 AM.
Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
graphic, kenosha, reaction, riot, shootout, video