Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 16-12-2022, 08:30 AM #126
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:

i don't think Harry and Meghans main target audience is the UK. Everything they do is to maximise their earning potential in the USA. Everything they say is targeting american sensitivities. The press here like some juicy gossip, but the majority of it is just not of interest to the uk news consumers
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-12-2022, 08:37 AM #127

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaslettertoMeghan View Post
i don't think Harry and Meghans main target audience is the UK. Everything they do is to maximise their earning potential in the USA. Everything they say is targeting american sensitivities. The press here like some juicy gossip, but the majority of it is just not of interest to the uk news consumers
California, and maybe parts of New York in the east, but over all the bulk of America doesn't care a toss about them and never will.
Old 16-12-2022, 08:43 AM #128

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
There are countless articles online by Royal Biographers that highlight it. William was always favoured as the Heir to the Throne....The Queen Mother always wanted William by her side, bever Harry. There is a reason all the "spares" go off the rails, Margaret, Andrew and now Harry....they are aware from a very young age that their presence is not as important to anyone as their older sibling. I don't care how many privileges or how much money they have, a child needs equal treatment to their siblings in order for no resentment to build. They were born in to wealth, that was always there.....they needed more love, affection and affirmation if their place in the family and nurturing and telling they were as important. I think its very telling how the 2nd siblings all apear to be the most troubled and spoilt. You can tell the difference in the Cambridge kids.....at the moment George is the most solemn whereas Charlotte and Louis are more carefree and mischievous much Harry was as a kid .....George is already being groomed for his future role whereas the others are being allowed to be kids. I think (hope) William and Kate's parenting is much different though, far more hands on and so hopefully Charlotte particulalry won't feel the "Spare".

The Queen is said to have treated them very differently.....although she loved them equally.

Princess Anne's, Edwards and surprisingly Andrew's kids all seem fine with each other.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-12-2022, 08:50 AM #129
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
Princess Anne's, Edwards and surprisingly Andrew's kids all seem fine with each other.
none of them are constantly in the spotlight though, if they were, i'm sure there would be just as many stories about them.

Does anyone remember the story of harry as a youth, when he was found drunk as a skunk lying on the pavement?
Old 16-12-2022, 09:02 AM #130

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaslettertoMeghan View Post
none of them are constantly in the spotlight though, if they were, i'm sure there would be just as many stories about them.

Does anyone remember the story of harry as a youth, when he was found drunk as a skunk lying on the pavement?
Andrew's kids were always scrutinised and called names by the press.
Old 16-12-2022, 09:09 AM #131

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

You’ve got to love the way people believe everything that’s written about these two in the press, because it’s coming from so called ‘experts’ and they’re perfectly fine with anybody and their mother writing anything they want about them, but yet the actual people involved with everything speak out about their experiences as they lived them and they’re the ones that these weirdos can’t trust or believe? Nah, I’ll trust the people with real lived experience over someone like Tominey who’s entire career is based purely on protecting the royal family at any cost.

Also, this whole ‘they’re milking it for their own gain cause they’ve got nothing else!!! ‘ they’re telling their story from their perspective, about their own experiences, it’s down to them to do that in any way they want too, if anybody is milking them and their existence it’s the media, the multiple random people who’ve written articles or books about them filled with conspiracy theories or made up stories, they’re the ones milking it because they need to, it gives them ratings and money and 5 minutes of fame because as we’ve seen, peoples hatred of the pair leads them to consuming every single piece of media about them, despite proclaiming to not care what they say or do, it’s a business model to spread hate about Harry and Meghan and it’s working
Old 16-12-2022, 09:38 AM #132

Quote:
Again, though - they were not part of the Heir bloodline so nothing was expected of any of them so they will have all been treated equally as siblings.
Old 16-12-2022, 09:56 AM #133
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

like i said earlier, Harry and Meghan are concentrating on income from the usa, thats what the Oprah interview, netflix and the books are all about. Culturally, the usa is anti monarchy, except when it matches with their Hollywood royalty, which is why Diana was popular there. Everything is about H&M making money in America, they are done with the UK
Old 16-12-2022, 10:08 AM #134

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Again, though - they were not part of the Heir bloodline so nothing was expected of any of them so they will have all been treated equally as siblings.
They definitely had different "in lines" to the throne though, just like william and harry did.

I think you've believed too much you've read tbh.
Old 16-12-2022, 10:30 AM #135
God Save The Rave

God Save The Rave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Chris Mouse View Post
California, and maybe parts of New York in the east, but over all the bulk of America doesn't care a toss about them and never will.
I mean yes but let's not forget that California and New York (state) combined have roughly the same population as the entire UK... and California alone is bigger than most countries.
Soldier Boy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-12-2022, 11:54 AM #136

Quote:
They definitely had different "in lines" to the throne though, just like william and harry did.

I think you've believed too much you've read tbh.
What??? For any of those children to be anywhere close to being in line for the throne something catastrophic would have had to have happened. They were not in the direct bloodline.

I believe too much of what I've read - ok. Are you saying that also to everyone who has an opinion on this as that's the only way anyone can possibly form an opinion on anything to do with the Royal family - yourself and Jet (as the Oracle) included
Old 16-12-2022, 01:05 PM #137

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
What??? For any of those children to be anywhere close to being in line for the throne something catastrophic would have had to have happened. They were not in the direct bloodline.

I believe too much of what I've read - ok. Are you saying that also to everyone who has an opinion on this as that's the only way anyone can possibly form an opinion on anything to do with the Royal family - yourself and Jet (as the Oracle) included
I prefer to watch rather than read my royal news.
So TV is my outlet for royal news. Too many papers have too many different opinions for my liking.
Old 16-12-2022, 01:28 PM #138
Adios

Adios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam- View Post
You’ve got to love the way people believe everything that’s written about these two in the press, because it’s coming from so called ‘experts’ and they’re perfectly fine with anybody and their mother writing anything they want about them, but yet the actual people involved with everything speak out about their experiences as they lived them and they’re the ones that these weirdos can’t trust or believe? Nah, I’ll trust the people with real lived experience over someone like Tominey who’s entire career is based purely on protecting the royal family at any cost.

Also, this whole ‘they’re milking it for their own gain cause they’ve got nothing else!!! ‘ they’re telling their story from their perspective, about their own experiences, it’s down to them to do that in any way they want too, if anybody is milking them and their existence it’s the media, the multiple random people who’ve written articles or books about them filled with conspiracy theories or made up stories, they’re the ones milking it because they need to, it gives them ratings and money and 5 minutes of fame because as we’ve seen, peoples hatred of the pair leads them to consuming every single piece of media about them, despite proclaiming to not care what they say or do, it’s a business model to spread hate about Harry and Meghan and it’s working
I thought this while watching it.

I honestly don’t know how and level headed rational person can watch this and not think ‘oh hang on a minute maybe things aren’t what they seem’

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”
Glenn. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-12-2022, 02:03 PM #139

Quote:
I prefer to watch rather than read my royal news.
So TV is my outlet for royal news. Too many papers have too many different opinions for my liking.
They are still journalists and royal reporters - the exact same ones in many cases that I am talking about who put their words in print.
Old 16-12-2022, 05:38 PM #140
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-12-2022, 05:41 PM #141
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

#MeghanExposingHerself
Old 16-12-2022, 05:56 PM #142
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin the Carrot View Post

#MeghanExposingHerself
did she say you couldn't wear the same colour as other Royals? what a weird thing to say

From the Guardian

Among the various claims to come from Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s Netflix documentary – now the streaming service’s most watched ever – was Markle’s assertion that household staff advised her against wearing the same colour as other royals.

“You can’t ever wear the same colour as Her Majesty, if there’s a group event,”said Markle. “But then you also should never be wearing the same colour as one of the other more senior members of the family.”

That episode aired last week. On Thursday evening, multiple royals attended their Together at Christmas carol service at Westminster Abbey – in conspicuously matching burgundy.

Kate Middleton wore the colour head-to-toe: earrings from Accessorize, a v-necked coat from Eponine, and Gianvito Rossi heels – and carried gloves and a clutch bag in the same tone. Her daughter, Princess Charlotte, sister, Pippa and cousin-in-law, Zara, were all dressed in similar-hued coats. Princess Charlotte’s wool coat with Peter Pan collar is from Trotters Heritage and almost soon to be sold out. Prince William and Mike Tindall completed the reddish-purple set. As collective rebuttals go, it was a bold one.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'

Last edited by Cherie; 16-12-2022 at 05:58 PM.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-12-2022, 06:02 PM #143
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry hic mas View Post
did she say you couldn't wear the same colour as other Royals? what a weird thing to say

From the Guardian

Among the various claims to come from Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s Netflix documentary – now the streaming service’s most watched ever – was Markle’s assertion that household staff advised her against wearing the same colour as other royals.

“You can’t ever wear the same colour as Her Majesty, if there’s a group event,”said Markle. “But then you also should never be wearing the same colour as one of the other more senior members of the family.”

That episode aired last week. On Thursday evening, multiple royals attended their Together at Christmas carol service at Westminster Abbey – in conspicuously matching burgundy.

Kate Middleton wore the colour head-to-toe: earrings from Accessorize, a v-necked coat from Eponine, and Gianvito Rossi heels – and carried gloves and a clutch bag in the same tone. Her daughter, Princess Charlotte, sister, Pippa and cousin-in-law, Zara, were all dressed in similar-hued coats. Princess Charlotte’s wool coat with Peter Pan collar is from Trotters Heritage and almost soon to be sold out. Prince William and Mike Tindall completed the reddish-purple set. As collective rebuttals go, it was a bold one.
her life is a lie to herself so telling lies is natural and normal
Old 16-12-2022, 06:05 PM #144
Not like us.

Not like us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
Yes like when he was 21 in America shagging a 32 year old mother of two that boy as only had a life of misery, so yourself a favour and think about what you are writing.

If you want to think about how life is bad for someone think about the parents of those kids who just died falling through ice or a 4 year old girl who drowned in a public swimming pool while her mum took her two other kids to the toilet
Man had sex so should be happy is a brilliant self-own.
Old 16-12-2022, 06:09 PM #145

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin the Carrot View Post

#MeghanExposingHerself
Kate the bully, the only time she shows a personality.
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-12-2022, 06:19 PM #146
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan. View Post
Kate the bully, the only time she shows a personality.
so weak

Old 16-12-2022, 07:29 PM #147

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Harry and Meghan get called out by High Commissioner to Gabon, the Commonwealth‘s newest member …

” To think we would sign up blindly to be vassals to another Empire is to suggest we are foolish….many in Gabon feel patronised by these remarks “

It is racism to assume an African nation cannot make decisions about its collective future ….without the judgement of a white saviour Prince and his wife.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-12-2022, 08:00 PM #148

The hypocrisy….Meghan and Harry saying the Royals lied for their agenda. The media lie for their agenda….Meghan and Harry lied 17 times to Oprah for their agenda…

A total farce…all one sided because they know they won’t get questioned and held to account.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-12-2022, 08:16 PM #149

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Bauble View Post
The hypocrisy….Meghan and Harry saying the Royals lied for their agenda. The media lie for their agenda….Meghan and Harry lied 17 times to Oprah for their agenda…

A total farce…all one sided because they know they won’t get questioned and held to account.
They must be the most hypocritical and un- self aware couple who have ever lived.

Royal correspondent fact checkers have said the Netflix series has upped the lies and deliberate distortions to over 60 now.

Last edited by jet; 16-12-2022 at 08:20 PM.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-12-2022, 08:22 PM #150
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

Talking

Netflix Shares Sink After Report of Weaker Ad Demand

Shares of Netflix took a hit Thursday, after a report that the company’s new
advertising tier has not hit its viewership targets.

The stock closed Thursday at $290.41, after dropping about 9 percent
throughout the day.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bu...nd-1235283058/

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
book, harry, prince