Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 10-07-2023, 03:49 PM #1

Default Things you didn’t like about That’s So Raven (if you watched it)

I may or may not have done a thread similar to this on here before but if I did it was years ago so I’m rolling it up again.

1. Chelsea became too ditzy as the show moved on, especially after the end of season 2. In the first half of the show she no-doubt had her ditz/clueless moments but she was actually fairly smart (not just academically) and had a bit of common sense, sometimes more than Raven seemed to. But from the first episode of season 3 to the very end she was written as a total moron and it got worse virtually every other episode. She didn’t start off like that at all but when they decided to actually make her dumb it stuck to her like the smell of skunk. They’ve tried to reverse it a little bit on Raven’s Home (spin-off her, Raven and their kids) but she’s still quite dense sometimes, something she never was in seasons 1 and 2 of the main show (she was just incredibly quirky and scatter-brained at times, but she wasn’t dumb).

2. Throwing Tanya under the ’bus for half of season 3 only to send her off to sone next law school in England. I know the actress quitting/wanting out couldn’t be helped (her grandma had dementia and she was looking after her) but the actress didn’t return for anything Raven/Corey-related after the end of season 3, not for Corey in the House or Raven’s Home. There’s got to be more to it than just her grandma being ill during that 2005-07 period. She mustn’t have been happy with actual elements of her characterisation.

3. Raven and Eddie’s ‘kiss’. Heck, the whole of season 4 (Donna-Cabona included, no-doubt) minus probably literally about one episode, maybe two.

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude. And don’t hang on to negativity. That’s all.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
didn’t, raven, that’s, things, watched