Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Old 11-08-2023, 10:37 PM #1
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Default Non-English Speaking Shows That Sucked imo Thread.

This will include Animated and Live Action stuff from non-English speaking countries that I thought were not the best to put it politely.

And as I've said previously, just because I don't like these series doesn't mean that you won't, so do keep an open mind and see for yourselves.

1. Shigurui: Death Frenzy

Genres - Action, Drama, Historical, Psychological

I just found the whole thing boring in execution.

Granted I didn't watch the whole season tbf, but I highly doubt my opinion was going to change 180 when there was nothing in the story or characters for me to like in the episodes that I did watch.

2. Chainsaw Man

Genres - Action, Fantasy, Battle Shounen

Chainsaw Man felt to me like it was written by a 14 year old, who's trying to learn how to write a story with maturity, grit, and depth, but instead just loses control and goes overboard with Ecchi and gore.

Now don't get me wrong I don't mind Ecchi or gore, as long as there's also well written characters and a story to go along with it, unfortunately I never saw any of this from Chainsaw Man.

Granted again I never saw the whole Season, but I quickly got the message that this Show was not for me, and that it prioritized more shallow areas over the areas that I deem to be more important, which to me are story and characters have to at least be decent.

I can see why Japan weren't as in love with Chainsaw Man compared to the West (who tbh just seem to love basic Shows nowadays lol) so I'm definitely team Japan on this one for actually having some standards left (even if they should have been more open to Deadman Wonderland back in the day) at least they didn't accept a subpar effort such as Chainsaw Man.

3. Tomodachi Game

Genres - Suspense, Psychological

Tomodachi Game had two fundamental flaws for me.

1. The Games in a Death Game Show were tame as ****.

2. Which characters were I suppose to like? Or find interesting? Because I couldn't find them personally.

It's just that simple for me with Tomodachi Game.

4. Blade Of The Immortal 2019 Remake

Genres - Action, Adventure, Drama, Supernatural, Historical

Okay where to begin.

1. The pacing seemed very choppy, like chapters were being skipped at an alarming rate, which made it a chore to even try to understand certain characters motivations in the story, or even care to find out.

2. Rin has got to be one of the most boring and dour leading ladies in Anime. Plus how many times did she have to be kidnapped in one Season? Jesus Christ!

3. Manji is meant to be the main character yet hardly gets any meaningful development in the Show, they just mainly use him for the fights to look "cool" and that's really it.

On a positive note though the OP is fantastic.

5. Pet

Genres - Mystery, Supernatural, Psychological

I really wanted to like Pet for two reasons.

1. It's the studio that made the first three Seasons of Golden Kamuy (the fourth Season is great as well, but was done by a different Studio)

2. Pet has a fantastic OP and ED Music.

However when watching the episodes I got to episode 7 and just couldn't do it anymore, it's not deeply offensive imo, but it just lacks in excitement for my tastes, there was nothing in the Anime that made me want to go back for more.

6. Buddy Complex

Genres - Action, Sci-Fi, Mecha

Like Pet, Buddy Complex doesn't do anything obviously wrong, it's just again a very boring Anime, that also gets extremely repetitive with it's structure.

I can't remember one interesting moment from Buddy Complex, so I 100% am going to put this Show on this list.

7. The Forest

Genres - Police Drama, Crime Drama

To me The Forest was absolutely terrible.

Without meaning to spoil the story, but I felt that it was feeling like it was out of a Soap Opera, the acting also would sometimes go into that territory as well.

And without meaning to specify what it exactly is that The Forest does that breaks the Show imo, they add an otherworldly component to a Show that's meant to be more grounded in reality, let's leave it at that.

Plus I feel that the Show made it too obvious who the killer was, which imo is the same flaw that Only Murders In The Building also has in it's first Season, so I'm going to be consistent and say that making the suspect pool be a little bit higher would've helped both Shows quality out imo.

Especially considering The Forest really doesn't have much else going for it in my view.

8. Black Spot

Genres - Crime Drama, Thriller, Procedural Drama, Horror

Similar issues to The Forest, only the lead may be even more unprofessional and pathetic than the lead in The Forest.

Seriously the French productions that worked on these two Shows do realize that as a viewer I am meant to have a chance at liking the leads right?

Tbf to Black Spot, to give it some positive points, it does the otherworldly stuff better than The Forest, and it does have a decent twist towards the end of the first Season.

9. The Valhalla Murders

Genres - Mystery, Thriller, Nordic Noir

It was just really boring imo, nothing in the writing stood out to me.

Some nice looking locations though.

10. To Your Eternity

Genres - Adventure, Drama, Supernatural

I actually feel sad to say this because I feel that the first 5 or 6 episodes are strong.

However it unfortunately suffers with being extremely repetitive with the formula, and without going too deep into my biggest issue with the Show, let's just say that they make the character development for the supporting characters feel like a waste of time.

To Your Eternity is a striking Anime there's no denying that, but for me it has severe issues that no story in the Anime industry should be suffering from because imo it's bad writing.

I'll add more later.

Manga that I weren't keen on:

1. Bleach
Genres - Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Battle Shounen

I expected to like Bleach (especially because I like Mangas like Doron Dororon and Black Torch) and whilst not perfect, I do still find Demon Slayer to be entertaining in the Anime world despite the flaws.

Basically darker themed Battle Shounen's I am normally perfectly fine with.

However with Bleach I can't get out of the opening arc, something just feels distinctly missing for me about the series.

Don't get me wrong I do like Rukia as a character, and Ichigo is okay as the lead, but I really didn't like Chad and Orihime as characters.

And in general I was waiting for a more exciting story to emerge.

I know that the Soul Society Arc is where the "real" Bleach begins, but it is a bit of a chore to get to it imo.

Hentai that I'm not keen on: (and obviously don't copy everything that you see in Hentai) I won't be showing trailers due to the nature of their content.

1. Chijoku No Seifuku
Genres - Drama
Episodes - 2

I can't quite explain very well what I didn't like about it, the best description I can give for my opinion was feeling uneasy whilst watching it.

KRO!

Last edited by Mystic Mock; 09-09-2023 at 04:48 AM.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 12:34 AM #2

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

All that Gaelic ****e.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 06:04 AM #3