Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Big Brother 2023 - ITV2 Big Brother UK (BB20) started October 8th 2023 on ITV2 and ITVX.

Old 24-08-2023, 06:16 AM #1

Default ITV BB - Over before its begun

BB may have been resurrected for 2 seasons on ITV2 but the fact they've only commissioned 2 is worrying

If they were really serious about the show future they would have committed to a two year contract on the house location.

Instead they they pushed back the start of BB20 Now its clear they did this to ensure both BB20 (airing in October) and BB21 (likely airing in May) fit into just a 1 year lease on the new 'studio'

This, along with the 6 week long series, tells me that they have no confidence
Flag
Old 24-08-2023, 06:27 AM #2
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Big brother died when channel 4 pulled the plug
The world has moved on and big brother can not survive in today’s world
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2023, 06:42 AM #3
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Give it a chance see what happens, no point speculating how good or bad it is going to be, just enjoy the anticipation would be my advice

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2023, 08:15 AM #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliebrew View Post
BB may have been resurrected for 2 seasons on ITV2 but the fact they've only commissioned 2 is worrying

If they were really serious about the show future they would have committed to a two year contract on the house location.

Instead they they pushed back the start of BB20 Now its clear they did this to ensure both BB20 (airing in October) and BB21 (likely airing in May) fit into just a 1 year lease on the new 'studio'

This, along with the 6 week long series, tells me that they have no confidence
Flag

Maybe they’re confident the first series will be a massive success and they’re going in with the second series soon after to ‘strike while the iron is hot ?

Like pop singers do .. keep releasing songs quickly while they’re popular

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2023, 08:29 AM #5
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
Maybe they’re confident the first series will be a massive success and they’re going in with the second series soon after to ‘strike while the iron is hot ?

Like pop singers do .. keep releasing songs quickly while they’re popular

like most plastic pop singers do, you mean

good quality music takes time to create that, why i love John Mayer, he takes his time to create magical gems of meaningful songs, rather than quickly releasing generic song after song

John is like the male Adele
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2023, 08:43 AM #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
like most plastic pop singers do, you mean

good quality music takes time to create that, why i love John Mayer, he takes his time to create magical gems of meaningful songs, rather than quickly releasing generic song after song

John is like the male Adele

Wow Nicky you have amazed me !!

John Mayer is one of my all time favourites !!
Play LOUD !!

https://youtu.be/UGDKfuxVWgU?si=Cj3PeivPnGyfTGSx

Zizu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2023, 11:43 AM #7

It's such a shame that the positive news that ITV have already signed up to a second year is being spun into a negative.

ITV pushed back BB to October because of an advertsing revenue downturn in the spring - at the end of the day they are a Public Limited Company and they need to make money off the back of their shows via advertising for it to be sustainable.

I'm not sure why there is concern around currently signing up for 2 series. It's been off the air for 5 years, a brand that has been heavily tarnished by Channel 5 and TV audiences has changed. At this point, we have no idea how it's going to perform. The six week run is perfect for a testing how it goes and if it goes well, next time around it could be extended. This was very much the strategy with Love Island that proved to work.

ITV have said that they don't just imagine this being a two six week series thing - it appears they're in this for the long haul.
bbuk_fans is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2023, 11:48 AM #8
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbuk_fans View Post
It's such a shame that the positive news that ITV have already signed up to a second year is being spun into a negative.

ITV pushed back BB to October because of an advertsing revenue downturn in the spring - at the end of the day they are a Public Limited Company and they need to make money off the back of their shows via advertising for it to be sustainable.

I'm not sure why there is concern around currently signing up for 2 series. It's been off the air for 5 years, a brand that has been heavily tarnished by Channel 5 and TV audiences has changed. At this point, we have no idea how it's going to perform. The six week run is perfect for a testing how it goes and if it goes well, next time around it could be extended. This was very much the strategy with Love Island that proved to work.

ITV have said that they don't just imagine this being a two six week series thing - it appears they're in this for the long haul.
Right? its seems people just love to moan

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2023, 06:55 PM #9

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Olivia
BB7: Lea

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Olivia
BB7: Lea

It is an odd scheduling they’re following. Autumn and spring? Perhaps it conflicts with their other programmes, but I think the winter/summer run could boost ratings with Christmas and summer holidays coinciding.
madman411 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-08-2023, 06:57 PM #10

People need to stay positive…
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2023, 01:36 AM #11

Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Kaitlyn
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Kaitlyn
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

As many have noted, the poster of this thread is purposely presenting a ridiculously and purposely twisted negative spin on the confirmation that a second series of BB has already been commisioned, which can only be considered positive news by anyone rational! He/she has also posted the exact same thread title on other forums, also with the intentionally misleading and dramatic clickbait title that implies the show is cancelled or not going through.

They have purposely ignored series commissioner Mortimer's quote that not only hints at Celeb BB in the works, but a long healthy run for the new civilian series :“This is the start of it so watch this space,” said Mortimer. “We have really bought into Big Brother. A lot of us worked on it before [at different channels] and I can’t imagine we are in it just to do two six-week runs.”

The poster also claims without any substantiation whatsoever that the next series of BB will likely be in May.

I like most of you am very excited and optimistic about the future of BB, based on this latest GREAT NEWS!!!!
BigBrudder is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2023, 04:51 AM #12
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan

Favourites (more):

Tbf they have to know if the Show is going to get viewers before committing to more series.

Plus I would imagine that they probably want to make sure that the feedback from fans isn't toxic, as it could stop any word of mouth spreading to the casual market, which tbf BB has struggled to appeal to the casual market over the last decade on Channel 5.

While I am skeptical about the quality of the new era of BB due to ITV's involvement, I can also understand why ITV aren't banking on the Show to be a guarantee hit, because unfortunately the data from recent series does support that at best it'll be a bubble rated Show.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2023, 04:55 AM #13

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrudder View Post
As many have noted, the poster of this thread is purposely presenting a ridiculously and purposely twisted negative spin on the confirmation that a second series of BB has already been commisioned, which can only be considered positive news by anyone rational! He/she has also posted the exact same thread title on other forums, also with the intentionally misleading and dramatic clickbait title that implies the show is cancelled or not going through.

They have purposely ignored series commissioner Mortimer's quote that not only hints at Celeb BB in the works, but a long healthy run for the new civilian series :“This is the start of it so watch this space,” said Mortimer. “We have really bought into Big Brother. A lot of us worked on it before [at different channels] and I can’t imagine we are in it just to do two six-week runs.”

The poster also claims without any substantiation whatsoever that the next series of BB will likely be in May.

I like most of you am very excited and optimistic about the future of BB, based on this latest GREAT NEWS!!!!
I mean it is true that a multi-season renewal is a good thing.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2023, 07:22 AM #14
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):

viewer ratings wise our BB revival series isn't in the million figures, but for the channel it is on, RTL5 it is kinda the best watched show from that channel, and that channel usually has shows which got poor ratings although who watch on the timeslot it is broadcast on, the ones who watch it back later or record it (me included) those ratings are great, around 600.000 average a episode, those who want to fastforward through ad breaks etc

and in terms of the voting for the nominated hm's that is possible from wednesday and also on the streaming service and RTL site so still loads of people vote for their favourites and the live feed is also very popular

hoping for a increase of popularity in Flanders now they had their first winner this year as the first few years before were kinda lacking in popularity with them

and even despite poor viewing figures, it has been renewed again for next year with details on new house design later to follow, the new BB rules, the ''theme'' for the year

i liked this years theme how they had to keep the prize pot as high as possible rather than earn money through games for the pot

so my point is ITV should really look into our approach towards BB, focus on who does enjoy watching it, rather than who don't watch it, and try to improve from there, first you need a loyal base of viewers
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bb, begun, itv