Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 26-11-2023, 02:58 PM #2026
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Considering how they were taken it's amazing to see the few that have been released look as though they are okay - physically. Of course, they are a tiny percentage of those who were taken. But it will please the Hamas supporters with their "Look! They all look fine!" narrative.

Last edited by Livia; 26-11-2023 at 02:58 PM.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-11-2023, 03:30 PM #2027
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier Boy View Post
The hostages all look remarkably clean and healthy considering the "unimaginable" things that "must" have been being done to them by their captors ... some have repeatedly insisted.

It's a difficult thing to bring up of course - being kidnapped and held hostage in any regard is obviously an extremely traumatic event during which one would fear for their lives daily - I'm not downplaying what these people have experienced. Just pointing out that it doesn't QUITE appear to match up with the conditions that people have been insisting they will have been kept in, and the abuse people have been insisting they will have been subject to, by their "animal" captors.
The first American hostages that were released said they were treated well, but then some hostages have been killed so its not a one size fits all, we saw that poor german girl paraded naked before our eyes, and where just fragments of her skull have been found

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'

Last edited by Cherie; 26-11-2023 at 03:40 PM.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-11-2023, 04:08 PM #2028

One American 4-Year-old has been released
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-11-2023, 08:22 PM #2029

39 from Gaza were set free
By the IDF.

17 Israelis were given to the Red Cross

Last edited by arista; 26-11-2023 at 10:21 PM.
Old 26-11-2023, 09:32 PM #2030
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

An Israeli woman who was one of the hostages freed by Hamas thought they were being taken to be executed before they were released.

Adina Moshe, 72, told her family she thought she was being led to her death before she and 12 other hostages were released on Friday after the warring sides signed a Qatari-negotiated, four-day ceasefire.

Her niece Mayan Moshe, 43, told The Times: 'She knew something was happening when the explosions all stopped on Friday and suddenly there was silence.

Our aunt said when they were moved from the tunnel they were scared — they thought they were being taken to be executed. Only when they saw the Red Cross buses did they realise they were being freed.'

Adina had been kept underground by Hamas terrorists for 50 days before being released and her eyes were still adjusting to sunlight when she spoke to her family. Her nephew Ayat Nouri said: 'They kept up the terror to the end.'

at least they had clean clothes though!

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-11-2023, 09:51 PM #2031
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

self-oscillating

Favourites:

It's the remaining hostages that are likely to be in a bit of trouble. Hamas doesn't even know where most of them are, so who knows what state they will be in
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-11-2023, 10:18 PM #2032
God Save The Rave

God Save The Rave

In the absence of any verified evidence or confirmed intelligence of any kind, absolutely the best approach is just to make stuff up and guess.
Soldier Boy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-11-2023, 10:24 PM #2033

The now Safe 4 year old

Old 27-11-2023, 10:31 AM #2034

Old 27-11-2023, 02:49 PM #2035

Israel has asked for another extra day Extension
for more hostage exchanges
meaning Israel will send back to Gaza
double the amounts.

But that has to go through Qatar Negotiations

This is Officially the last day
of exchanges

Ref: All Media
Old 27-11-2023, 03:23 PM #2036
Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

Idk why it rubs me so wrong but this whole “SEE! The hostages are FINE!” rhetoric honestly makes me feel sick. I just can’t comprehend why people would think it’s okay saying things like this when these victims have clearly been through hell.

Like just because they aren’t bruised/beaten means they don’t deserve sympathy ? I honestly think that just spending a month underground without any access to the outside world is terrifying enough.

Hamas are clearly monsters.

They live streamed and recorded their terror with Go Pros and people still try and excuse them.

“How do we know women were even raped? Sounds made up to me”

Because we literally saw women with the bottom half of their clothes drenched in blood. We heard witnesses say they saw a woman shot whilst she was being brutally raped.

I’m not saying that Israel hasn’t done bad things too… I think everyone knows that. But to act like these hostages seem totally fine and act as through what has happened to them isn’t a big deal… is just disgusting to me tbh
Old 27-11-2023, 03:24 PM #2037

Gaza Truce now extended for 2 days
Old 27-11-2023, 03:25 PM #2038

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninastar View Post
Idk why it rubs me so wrong but this whole “SEE! The hostages are FINE!” rhetoric honestly makes me feel sick. I just can’t comprehend why people would think it’s okay saying things like this when these victims have clearly been through hell.

Like just because they aren’t bruised/beaten means they don’t deserve sympathy ? I honestly think that just spending a month underground without any access to the outside world is terrifying enough.

They live streamed and recorded their terror with Go Pros and people still try and excuse them.

Because we literally saw women with the bottom half of their clothes drenched in blood. We heard witnesses say they saw a woman shot whilst she was being brutally raped.

I’m not saying that Israel hasn’t done bad things too… I think everyone knows that. But to act like these hostages seem totally fine and act as through what has happened to them isn’t a big deal… is just disgusting to me tbh

Excellent post !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-11-2023, 03:26 PM #2039

[Israel-Gaza latest: Two-day truce extension agreed,
say Hamas and Qatar; hostage families 'notified'

Qatar's foreign ministry says the truce between
Israel and Hamas has now been extended by
two extra days, after earlier negotiation.
Meanwhile, more hostages and prisoners are
due to be freed today.]

https://news.sky.com/story/israel-ga...banon-12978800

Last edited by arista; 27-11-2023 at 03:51 PM.
Old 27-11-2023, 03:43 PM #2040

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB21: Shane Jenek

Old 27-11-2023, 03:57 PM #2041
Not like us.

Not like us.

Quote:

"I’m not saying that Israel hasn’t done bad things too." What bad things have they done? How long have they been doing those things? Why do you think October 7th happened?

All we've heard since the hostages were taken, was how bad they must be being treated; the constant rape, maybe butchery and hacking too. Now we're seeing the interviews of the former hostages, generally talking about how well they were treated considering the circumstances. Have some had unimaginably dark experiences? Undoubtedly, but then that would be true of any hostages taken by any side. Remember how the Americans treated Arab hostages in Gitmo? Do you think treatment defines the whole US military?

To be clear, taking hostages from the general public is a war crime no matter which side does it, but aren't you bothered that Israel regularly takes Palestinian children as hostages and actually tortures them in prisons? No one has shown any concern that this has been happening against Palestinians for decades, and we can't even get more than a line of acknowledgement that Israel isn't perfect.

Last edited by The Slim Reaper; 27-11-2023 at 03:58 PM.
The Slim Reaper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-11-2023, 04:07 PM #2042
self-oscillating

Favourites:

self-oscillating

Favourites:

in reality we really don't know the state of the hostages. Some seem to look physically ok, but mentally? I don't think they will ever recover from that. There are also still a load of hostages that are being held by splinter groups that we have no idea about. They could be fine, but they also could have gone through hell. We just need to see how it plays out.

What we do know is that a fair proportion of hostages were killed on day 1 ..... the video is there for all to see
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-11-2023, 04:13 PM #2043

Default Israel declares 'state of war' : Hamas fire '5,000' rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitontheslide View Post
in reality we really don't know the state of the hostages. Some seem to look physically ok, but mentally? I don't think they will ever recover from that. There are also still a load of hostages that are being held by splinter groups that we have no idea about. They could be fine, but they also could have gone through hell. We just need to see how it plays out.

What we do know is that a fair proportion of hostages were killed on day 1 ..... the video is there for all to see

Exactly

We have no idea what physical / mental tortures they had to endure

None of it will be visible

Last edited by Zizu; 27-11-2023 at 04:16 PM.
Old 27-11-2023, 04:18 PM #2044
Not like us.

Not like us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
Exactly

We have no idea what physical / mental tortures they had to endure

None of it will be visible

I think hostages talking about their experiences, sort of gives us an idea about what they went through. Doesn't mean there won't be lasting scars, trauma, or PTSD, but that's true of any hostage taken anywhere in the world.
Old 27-11-2023, 04:20 PM #2045

Default Israel declares 'state of war' : Hamas fire '5,000' rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
I think hostages talking about their experiences, sort of gives us an idea about what they went through. Doesn't mean there won't be lasting scars, trauma, or PTSD, but that's true of any hostage taken anywhere in the world.

I’d guess the more extreme cases either won’t want to or will be too embarrassed to say …

Last edited by Zizu; 27-11-2023 at 04:20 PM.
Old 27-11-2023, 04:20 PM #2046

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Quote:

Well said, I totally agree!
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-11-2023, 04:24 PM #2047
God Save The Rave

God Save The Rave

It is literally only about the importance of accuracy in reporting. The very experience of being held against one's will for any reason is harrowing and will have had untold consequences on people's mental health - I'm not sure I've seen people insisting that the hostages are "fine"? Certainly not on here anyway. Maybe in the wider social media cesspit but that's barely worth mentioning.

However it is valid, relevant and important to point out that the worst-case-imaginings of what "must have" happened to these children has, thus far, proven not to be the case. That's a good thing. So why does it feel like some people consider it a "loss"? Like the more-harrowing images are somehow preferable, because they serve as stronger justification for the response, perhaps (bombing hospitals full of children being acceptable so long as it's to kill the boogeymen lurking beneath, etc.).

Seeing hostages released who have, in fact, not been raped and beaten into a pulp makes it harder to grease the wheels of palatable collateral damage. Maybe. Just a theory. Still we can always hyperfocus on the atrocities of the initial terrorist attack on day 1 to justify the months-long bombing campaign and starvation seige I guess.

Heck we used the Twin Towers to justify turning half of the ME into a pile of rubble and the deaths of literal millions, over the span of several years! Oct 7 has to be worth a few thousand dead Muslims at the very, very least. They're not children remember. They're jihadists-in-waiting.
Soldier Boy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-11-2023, 04:25 PM #2048
Not like us.

Not like us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
I’d guess the more extreme cases either won’t want to or will be too embarrassed to say …

Well if they've been treated so badly, they probably wouldn't put themselves up for interview unless they absolutely wanted to tell their experiences.

To my knowledge, the treatment of the hostages released so far, doesn't line up in any way whatsoever with what we were told for the last 2 months they would have been facing.

Meanwhile Israel is just levelling the whole of Gaza, and no one cares. But hey ho, Israel isn't perfect.
Old 27-11-2023, 04:49 PM #2049
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
I think hostages talking about their experiences,
Where have they been interviewed etc?

Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-11-2023, 06:06 PM #2050
Not like us.

Not like us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
Where have they been interviewed etc?
The interviews released were from the first prisoners a few weeks back, which you can find everywhere. The Israeli government has prohibited the most recently released hostages from talking because:

You can, however, see the footage of the most recent detainees being handed over to the red cross, and you can make up your own mind whether or not you feel the people waving and thanking their captors whilst looking clean, without their clothes torn off, and all their limbs intact, is a fair reflection of the truth or Hamas propaganda.

We've been fed a narrative on what Hamas was doing to all the hostages, and so far, none of that has been even close to the truth.

That's not to undercut the horror of being a hostage to anyone in in any situation, but the constant rape that was gleefully predicted to be the staple of Hamas Islamic terrorism (TM) hasn't been born out thus far, and i do mean thus far.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
000, declares, fire, hamas, israel, rockets, tate, war