Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 03-12-2023, 10:12 PM #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
Unfortunately jet you can’t reason with zizu he has shown in other threads, once he gets something in his head it takes over

We all know by now that harry and Meghan not only twisted the truth but blatantly told lies to fit their own agendas

They have made themselves a laughing stock around the world

It’s true I am impulsive/compulsive

Apologies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zizu is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 11:50 PM #152

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
The most notorious of the Prince’s comments was made in 1986 during his first and only state visit to China. Philip met with British university students who were studying Mandarin in Xi’an, telling one of them: “By the time you go back home you’ll have slitty eyes.”
The student, 21-year-old Simon Kirby, explained that the UK students didn’t live with their Chinese counterparts. Philip continued: “So [the Chinese] don’t want to mix with the barbarians.” A comment made in Australia in 2002 to an Indigenous Australian entrepreneur came a close scandalous second. Philip asked: “Do you still throw spears at each other?”

Philip once asked Lord Taylor of Warwick: ‘And what exotic part of the world do you come from?’ That’s because Lord Taylor is black.

When he once visited an electronics factory in Scotland and came across a “messy fuse box”, he exclaimed it looked ‘as though it was put in by an Indian’.”

The late Queen Liz had, for a good period of time, a household ban on hiring staff of colour, making herself exempt from racial equality laws. Due to applied pressures she conceded to employ some as menial servants.

The Queen's chief financial manager told civil servants that "it was not, in fact, the practice to appoint coloured immigrants or foreigners" to clerical roles, but they were allowed to be hired as domestic servants.

Even superficial changes, such as renaming the empire honours awards to make them less offensive, she refused to do.

The perception of the Queen as a harmless, benevolent older woman, hid the insidious racism of the monarchy, both past and present.

You are harking back to a completely different time and generation when people thought nothing of enjoying programmes like ‘the black and white minstrel show’, and comedies like ‘Till death us to part’ and ‘love thy neighbour’ which were full of iffy jokes. It didn’t mean they were necessarily racist.

Harry and Meghan issued a statement soon after the Oprah interview saying that neither Prince Philip nor the Queen had anything to do with the comments they were complaining about.

Have a look at these 2 sites:
https://www.royal.uk/queen-elizabeth...and%20cultures.

https://www.princestrustglobal.org/ (Charles’s lifelong passion)

When Charles was the Prince of Wales he got flack for saying that when he became KIng, he didn’t want to be the ‘defender of the faith’ (Christian) but a defender of all faiths.

Royals must be totally crap at being racists.

Taking heed of what sheriff said about there is no reasoning with you, this is my last attempt to put my points across to you on this subject.
We do agree on other things, so see you around!
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 11:59 PM #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
You are harking back to a completely different time and generation when people thought nothing of enjoying programmes like ‘the black and white minstrel show’, and comedies like ‘Till death us to part’ and ‘love thy neighbour’ which were full of iffy jokes. It didn’t mean they were necessarily racist.

Harry and Meghan issued a statement soon after the Oprah interview saying that neither Prince Philip nor the Queen had anything to do with the comments they were complaining about.

Have a look at these 2 sites:
https://www.royal.uk/queen-elizabeth...and%20cultures.

https://www.princestrustglobal.org/ (Charles’s lifelong passion)

When Charles was the Prince of Wales he got flack for saying that when he became KIng, he didn’t want to be the ‘defender of the faith’ (Christian) but a defender of all faiths.

Royals must be totally crap at being racists.

Taking heed of what sheriff said about there is no reasoning with you, this is my last attempt to put my points across to you on this subject.
We do agree on other things, so see you around!

It’s all good .. we all have our differing views on a variety of issues.

Other than Di and Harry I’ve no time for the royals and never will have

Zizu is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 12:06 AM #154

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
Are they random numbers? Or they verified fact-checks?
The Oprah interview was raked over by journalists and Royal experts and around 16 - 18 lies are the numbers they variously came up with, so people seem to have settled for always saying 17.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 10:20 AM #155

Omid
spill your beans on Celebrity Big Brother ITV1HD
in a month or so.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
book, error, omid, panicked, royal, scobie