Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 29-05-2008, 09:25 PM #51

Favourites:
BB12 USA: Britney

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurse57
The trouble with the UK today is kids having kids.

Right, that covers "youth" and "teenage pregnancies"

"At 14 I had a lot of knowledge and understanding of the world." No, you thought you had a lot of knowledge and understanding of the world. At 17 you still have a lot to learn. Trust me. Ah, the impetuousness of youth.

Homophobes are sad people. But that is a different thing to not agreeing with homosexuality. Someone morally may not agree with homosexuality but accept that is the way you are and treat you no different.
In comparison to some 19 year olds, I'd say right now I've a lot of understanding and knowledge of the world. I'm not claiming to know everything there is to know [yet I doubt you know it all too], but the point I was making was that the age is pretty irrelevant, and it's down to the individual person as apose to being 19 rather than 17.
Legend is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 02:54 AM #52

Legend, I have never claimed to know it all. But trust me, at 14 I thought I did. At 18 I thought I did, at 25 I thought I did, at 30 I thought I did and so on.

"I'd say right now I've a lot of understanding and knowledge of the world."

Thats what I thought at your age.

Ok, if tonight there had been bomb scares in your home town. Armed police at the end of your road, the road closed where you work and a controlled explosions outside your mates house.

What would you do/think?
Nurse57 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 02:56 AM #53
van der Woodsen

van der Woodsen

Quote:

Ok, if tonight there had been bomb scares in your home town. Armed police at the end of your road, the road closed where you work and a controlled explosions outside your mates house.

What would you do/think?
Is my mate alive?
Lauren is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 03:28 AM #54

Ok, Nice thought, but a controlled explosion....... Your or my mate would be nowhere near it. We went for a beer, near where it has kicked off. No OMG's or anything like that. I think a certain enevatabilaty (sp) comes in to it. if they are going to do it, they will.

It can't be stopped.

****, it sounds like us olds give up. No. We just know it is coming and know we can't escape it. That is when you open your eyes.
Old 30-05-2008, 03:46 AM #55
van der Woodsen

van der Woodsen

So older people adopt a 'it will never happen to me' approach? (I'm not twisting words by the way, it was a genuine question).
Lauren is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 07:00 AM #56

No. I would put it like this. Where as younger people think they are invincible, us older ones know it is inevitable.

Does that make sense?
Old 30-05-2008, 08:57 AM #57

Just reading back through my drunken ramblings (woo hoo for free beer) and I see that some of what I say does not mean a lot. Just to explain that in my home town we have had terror raids and bomb scares over the past three days.

Although, how you spot a suspicious package at a post office I don't know.
Old 30-05-2008, 04:47 PM #58

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Coleen Nolan
BB13: Deana

Favourites (more):

You were drnk when you said that?
Conzors is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 04:57 PM #59

I don't even remember posting it? Had a lock in at my local.
Old 30-05-2008, 06:15 PM #60

Favourites (more):
UBB: Chantelle
BB11: Josie

Favourites (more):

Conzors you was drunk last night loool x
Christina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 06:36 PM #61

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
No. I would put it like this. Where as younger people think they are invincible, us older ones know it is inevitable.

Does that make sense?
As far as I was aware I said I had a lot of understanding of the world, not that at 17 I'm invincible.

You're missing my point. For my age, in comparison to people (18/19+) I do have a lot more knowledge and understanding and I've a better head on my shoulders than some people I know who are 18, 19, 20 etc. So, my point was that it's down to the individual person as apose to the age, like I said before.

And how do I know how I'd react in a bomb scare situation? I couldn't possibly respond when I've never been in that situation. Though I do know I wouldn't think I was invincible and that 'everything is going to be alright' because I look at most situations realistically.
Legend is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 07:07 PM #62

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

No I Wasnt Christina :O Lmao.
Conzors is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 08:18 PM #63

Quote:
Originally posted by Conzors
Hey There,

As many of you know, i did an opinions thread last week for my opinions. You can find that thread here. I decided to post a new one, because personally i think that people enjoyed my last opinion thread, so i though i would make a new one with opinions. I dont feel as though my opinions are put fourth in the posts i normaly make. If i offend anyone in my opinions, please let me know, because i dont like to me mean to people :P

Youth
Why do people hate the youth of today. Im a youth, and in my opinion Im perfectly fine. So what if we walk around in hoodies and dress how we want to dress. Older people are allowed to dress how they want to dress, and if they wear hoodies people do not make a big deal out of it, but its like a crime for young people to wear hoodies. Most of the youth of today are acctually quite nice and have respect towards the older generation. I am just really not liking the hatred towards us at the moment. *thinks about a petition thingie*.. Hmm.. Anyways Yeh..

Teenage Pregnancies
Okay. Some people are really against teenage pregnancies i dont see why. I think a teenager is perfectly capable of making the descion if they want to be a parent or not, and if they are ready to have sex. Im just a teenager, and ive made atleast 3 life changing descions - those being my sexuality (Im Bisexual), The fact that Im not ready to have sex or be a father, and i decided not to audition for the X Factor. However, some people are forced into sex, and unfortunatly get pregnant, and theyre scared to tell their parents and cant get an abortion, because if yoiur under 16 you need to have a parental signature. Or they cant have an abortion because its against their religion.

Homopobia
Ew. I hate homophobic people. I mean who cares if your gay or bi. Im Bi, and Im not open about it to people i know in real life, so obviously i havent been a victim of it. But i know people who have, and why be scared of them? Its not your life. Ew, i think all homophobic people are ew tbh :P. Think about how it affects the victim. No one can help what gender they like. You should be proud of it. People are proud of being straight, so why cant people be proud of being gay? or liking both?

The Media
I hate the way the media makes people turns on celebrities. Like take Britney Spears for instance, she probably a really nice girl and a good mum, but the media picks out stuff she does as a bad mum and makes a big deal out of it,. Everyone has their off days!. And i also hate the way that the media makes people look better than they are.. Take Chanelle Hayes for instant, theyre going on about how good her single is, and what has she done? Appeared in Big Brother. This is why i didnt mind the Celebrity Hijack housemates to come out being famous, because they all have a talent, Like Calista can sing and act, Liam is a businessman, Amy is an artist. And the Media just annoys me sometimes.. then again.. where would we be without it?

Thanks For Reading.

My Third Set Of Opininos Will be Posted Next Wednesday.

Please Comment x

Conzors

xx
Youth:-
I agree, I for one have never ever in my life been arrested. I don't intend to. I know many who hhave and once I know that they've been arrested I suddenly lose interest in that person. Therefore there is no reason for the eldery to be scared. I understand, we all steroetype, but we need to stop.

Teenage Prgenancy:-
Yes, it's stupid, but not in every circumstance. I've read this thread before posting, it can be stupid "My friend's havingbaby, so should I" but it's not always the case infact it's usually the making of some teens. I can't see any good change as a bad thing. My cousin had a baby at 17 and before that she was a terror child, and we thought she wouldn't cope. Now threeyears down the line and with another child since we realize how we were all mistaken, and how glad we were with the outcome.

Homophobia:-
In exactly same positon as Conzors, I understand. I'm also bi, and see how bad it is. But at the end of the day people are usually surprsed when I smack them in the face for it. Somehow people don't realize that sexuality don't change personality, and only narrow-minded people are the one's that you need to pitty, they don't need to pity you.

The Media:-
Personally, as an actor, I love it. However, I do know how it can shatter lives and unless itsused properly it will destroy people, like the McCanns. But I see both side of the media so therefore I think we need to balance it by not really acknowledgng it. Instead of saying thing's like "Guess what Britney done" everytime a story is realeased, we should just read it and forget it. However when it's like who's leaving EastEnders, it really isn't that bad now is it?
Jake! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 10:44 PM #64

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Conzors
No I Wasnt Christina :O Lmao.
Lol was too! I can prove it x