Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here 2002 - 2014 Discuss the previous series of I'm a Celeb in this sub-forum.

Old 23-11-2008, 09:29 AM #1

Default Terrified and screaming David Van Day confronts crocodiles in I\'m A Celebrity trial

Quote:
Terrified and screaming David Van Day confronts crocodiles in I'm A Celebrity trial
David Van Day confronted his greatest fears as he battled to win meals for the camp on I'm A Celebrity tonight.

Told that the former pop star would be competing in today’s Bushtucker Trial veteran competitor Robert Kilroy-Silk asked him 'What are you most scared of?’

David quickly replied ‘claustrophobia.’ But for David his fear was to prove all too real as he tackled a warren of tunnels filled with jungle critters, crocodiles, rats and spider webs.

Having earlier confessed that he has a fear of the dark David's face fell as Ant and Dec explained the trial to him. He would have to crawl through the entrance and into numerous tunnels, searching for stars hidden within the cracks, crevasses, under water and mud.

Asked if he wanted to complete the challenge David said: ‘I’ve got responsibilities and if we’re going to have a happy camp and happy stay I’m going in.'

He climbed into the entrance and put in hand in the first tube, starting to scream as rats came out.

Finding the star he continued to scream as the rats crawled next to him. The second tube was nearby and inside this tube were cane toads.

After finding the star a screaming David was swept along a tube into the next tunnel which was contained fish, eels and crocodiles. Holding his breath he went under the water looking for the fourth star.

The next chamber contained no light and David had to feel around to find the star. Joined in the tunnel by rats, spiders and cobwebs he found his fifth star but run out of time.

As he came out of the tunnel, he had to take deep breaths and said to Ant & Dec ‘It was terrible…absolutely the worst thing I’ve ever done in my life’.

When asked what his fellow campmates would say about his win of five meals for camp, he said ‘I was hoping this was going to unite us but I’m not so sure now. There was some horrible stuff there.’

Having completed his first Bushtucker Trial David headed back into camp to face his fellow celebrities.

‘Robert’s still got his title’ said David. ‘I ain’t got 12, I ain’t got 11, I ain’t got 10…..Its not good, five stars that’s it I’m afraid. I won’t eat.’

As the rest of the celebrities rallied around and tried to make him feel better, David added ‘It was the pits. I’m really disappointed I didn’t get more, sorry to everyone. Talking about his Trial, David explained ‘It was a cave, three caves in three days.’

Clearly deflated after his Trial, David found Timmy at the creek and told him how he felt about his fellow camp mates.

Timmy told him that he thought he was a hero.

‘Not everybody’ said David. ‘Why don’t they just accept there are 12 people here. It is a 12 team not a 10 team. It’s easy to do isn’t it?’

Timmy said: ‘You and Nicola might have a bit of an issue.’

David said: ‘I thought trying to get 12 stars today would have helped out I’ll do my best.’

Later in the Bush Telegraph he confided: ‘I don’t know what their problem is with me. I think it’s Nicola who has the main problem with me. I just think they should be a bit more friendly.

'Right from when we arrived we’re the outsiders and we were called the outsiders. It’s funny because the girls want to be equal but only in some things.

'When food or drinks arrive there’s some sort of pecking order that goes on but let’s ask the ladies first. Well not all of them are ladies as far as I’m concerned – because they’d be generous and kind and considerate to everybody. Some of them are just considering themselves.’
Source and Pictures: Daily Mail
Red Moon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-11-2008, 03:23 PM #2

Ha Ha he was so funny in that tunnel......................the wimp LOL.
Jackie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-11-2008, 04:36 PM #3

Chuckle brothers: Ant and Dec can barely contain their giggles as David screams in the tunnel

Yes it was a fun ride
the water shock was clever.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
celebrity, confronts, crocodiles, david, day, screaming, terrified, trial, van