Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB3 Chat about Kate, Alex, Jade Goody and anything to do with Big Brother 3!

Old 11-12-2008, 07:37 AM #1

Default Embattled Jade Goody hits out at ex-boyfriend over child support... as she starts rehearsals for panto role

Quote:
Embattled Jade Goody hits out at ex-boyfriend over child support... as she starts rehearsals for panto role
Jade Goody has blasted her former boyfriend Jeff Brazier for failing to contribute enough financially to raising their two sons.

The reality star, who is battling cervical cancer, wants Essex TV presenter Brazier to pay more towards supporting their sons Bobby Jack, five, and Freddie, four.

After being diagnosed with the disease in August, the former Big Brother star has continued to work to financially support their children, including starring in pantomime in Lincoln this Christmas.

Goody shares custody of the boys with her ex, although they spend more time with her.

In an interview with The Independent, Goody said: 'I'm not saying that Jeff isn't a good father, but I find it a little hard to swallow when he tells me he can't afford to give his children money.

'When you've got three properties, two cars and have several holidays a year, how come you can't afford to give more?

'If you're asking me if he supports his children, no, he doesn't. If you're asking me if the worst happened to me and I was going to pass away would I worry? Yes, I would.'

Jade is also continuing filming her reality TV show for Living TV.
'It wasn't like I'd wake up in hospital and think, "I need to do a show,"' she told the Independent.

'When I first got told I had cancer it was only in a certain area and I was told there was a 95 per cent chance of survival, and the treatment would be over in five weeks. But when they took the womb out they found the cancer had spread and jumped from a stage 1b to a 3+.
'I'll continue treatment for the next year, and I can't not work for a year. Me being ill and bald is one thing. I can cover that up. But I'm not going to put my children through having to move school or home.'

Her criticism of Brazier comes weeks after he told New! magazine he had a difficult relationship with Goody, who he dated for two years before splitting in 2004.

He said: 'I have tried to understand Jade for years, but all I can say in response is that she’s having a tough time, so I have to remember that the only two people who can ever judge me as a father are Bobby and Freddie.

Jade seemed to imply that if I gave them anything other than a private education, I’d be failing the children.

'Jade pays for their schooling because that’s her choice. It’s expensive, so it’s not something I can help her with at present, but other than that I do exactly what she asks financially.

'Our relationship is on her terms - it’s always been that way. My biggest stress for the last six years has been Jade, and nothing else could ever come close.'

Meanwhile, it's back to work for Goody as she resumed rehearsals for her upcoming role as the Wicked Queen in the Lincoln panto production of Snow White.

Dressed casually in a cricket sweater and jeans, the 27-year-old threw herself into the viciousness of the role as she pulled evil faces.

Goody is starring alongside former Coronation Street actor Kevin Kennedy, who played Curly Watts, and Any Dream Will Do contestant Rob McVeigh in the production, which opens next week.

Goody will have one last session of radiotherapy two days before the show opens, before having a three weeks break from her gruelling treatment.
Source and Pictures: Daily Mail
Red Moon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
child, embattled, exboyfriend, goody, hits, jade, panto, rehearsals, role, starts, support