Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Old 23-01-2002, 02:46 PM #1

Default Celebrity Five go Dating

I don't know if any of you have heard of this and have any opinions. I got this in an email of showbiz gossip I get sent. Any opinions?

Where would Claire Sweeney be today without Celebrity Big Brother? Still playing a badly dressed single mum in rainy old Brookside, that's where. Claire's meteoric rise to fame has prompted a lemming-like rush among Soap Land's other D-listers to sign up for the latest reality TV show. Billed as Celebrity Big Brother meets Blind Date (a recipe for disaster if ever there was one), the show is called Celebrity Five Go Dating. It will show celebrities sharing a house, going on dates and even giving each other marks out of 10! It's bound to reduce a few overblown egos to tears (can't wait for that!) and those fools, er, stars who have already signed up include Emmerdale's Adele Silva and James Carlton. Meanwhile, from the EastEnders stable, there are Frankie Fitzgerald and Carly Hillman. It's pencilled in for a spring showing, so don't book that holiday yet.
Feefs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-01-2002, 06:48 PM #2
Administrator

Administrator

I've heard of, and occasionally seen bits of, the regular 'Five Go Dating' programme but hadn't heard they were planning a celebrity version.

I think they're being a bit unkind about Claire Sweeney, though. She's admitted in interviews that she owes her current success to appearing in Celebrity Big Brother, which brought her to the attention of a wider audience than Brookside viewers, but she is a very talented and thoroughly likeable person. In fact, if Davina had decided not to do BB3, then I think Claire would be a worthy replacement for her.

Could be very interesting to hear what celebrities think about each other's chat-up lines and snogging techniques, though! I'll definitely need to keep an eye out for this programme!!
Kaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
celebrity, dating