Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

The X Factor 2009 [S6] Series 6 of The X Factor was won by Joe McElderry. Runner-up was Olly Murs and third was Stacey Solomon. Discuss here.

Old 14-05-2009, 11:42 AM #1
smile:)

Default Why X Factor is so fake

Hi
Right, so here it is.
My friend just auditioned for The X Factor over the weekend, and what she told me has made me lose all faith in the "competition".

Firstly, she had to go do an unrecorded audition in front of the producers, who would decide whether she was entertaining enough to be put on the actual auditions show, and audition again in front of Simon, Cheryl etc. I found this so unbelievable, in that they make out on the show that the people just audition, when they have already been through about 3/4 before. No wonder the bad ones think they're so good, if they make it through like 3 rounds of auditions, because they aren't told whether they are good or bad, just that they have made it to the next round.

Then the good bit! Once my friend's group had all auditioned (not singing group, but just that group of people who had auditioned), they were all lined up, and the producers went through every one of them and asked them, "Do you have a sob story?" Appalling.

So the stories are true! The X Factor is totally made up, and does not deserve the credibility it's been given these past few years. It's no longer a singing competition to me, merely one of popularity. But, I guess we had already figured this out, but I'm just so shocked at how fake it is :/

Done.
Noel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009, 11:46 AM #2
Bitch is BACK!

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Olly Murs

Bitch is BACK!

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Olly Murs

Yeah I pretty much knew all that.
Annie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009, 11:47 AM #3

I had heard about it, but I suppose I didn't really believe it until I had seen it myself..well not me..the friend. :L
Noel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009, 04:49 PM #4

My mum went through the same. Lool. But i did not publish it, because she told me not to. She signed a contract saying she was not allowed :P
Lewis. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009, 05:15 PM #5
Banned

Banned

It's been known for a while, Pretty much anything with Simon Cowell attached is fake. With the exception of AI but he is only a judge on it.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009, 05:15 PM #6
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

Quote:
Originally posted by Bradley!
Hi
Right, so here it is.
My friend just auditioned for The X Factor over the weekend, and what she told me has made me lose all faith in the "competition".

Firstly, she had to go do an unrecorded audition in front of the producers, who would decide whether she was entertaining enough to be put on the actual auditions show, and audition again in front of Simon, Cheryl etc. I found this so unbelievable, in that they make out on the show that the people just audition, when they have already been through about 3/4 before. No wonder the bad ones think they're so good, if they make it through like 3 rounds of auditions, because they aren't told whether they are good or bad, just that they have made it to the next round.

Then the good bit! Once my friend's group had all auditioned (not singing group, but just that group of people who had auditioned), they were all lined up, and the producers went through every one of them and asked them, "Do you have a sob story?" Appalling.

So the stories are true! The X Factor is totally made up, and does not deserve the credibility it's been given these past few years. It's no longer a singing competition to me, merely one of popularity. But, I guess we had already figured this out, but I'm just so shocked at how fake it is :/

Done.
lmfao That is pretty funny.

I pretty much knew all of that, but to be honest they have to do the producer auditions because there would be way too many people for the judge's to see. I know it's bad that they put the rubbish people through so it makes them think that they're good, but really, it's entertaining for us, well for me anyway, so I don't really mind.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009, 05:23 PM #7

Yeh X factor is very fake, but to be honest you need to understand they are not auditioning for talent they are auditioning for a TV show, X factor isn't based on talent, it is what people will tune in and watch.

The worst part of the x factor auditions is that you get invited to the audition and then you are treated as a prop for 5 hours, nothing on the letter says you will be there from 8-12 waving your arms about to music. The amount of fantastic singers I saw getting turned away was shocking, but it's just not what they are looking for.

People like Leona and Laura who have had music 'careers' before X factor, I just can't see them auditioning to the producers, I can imagine they auditioned straight to the judges through an agent!
Fom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
fake, x factor