Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB10 Big Brother 10 from 2009 was won by Sophie Reade.

Old 18-07-2009, 10:23 AM #51

I can accept criticism of him, im even critical of him! but all im saying is that he makes good TV.

I wouldn't want to share a house with him!, but i thought this was Entertainment TV! so surely we vote for the most entertaining rather than the most boringgg?

Or have i missed a trick somewhere?
rsefitpro2009 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009, 10:24 AM #52

Quote:
Originally posted by golden
Quote:
Originally posted by loomy
The guy's a total twit

We won't think any less of you for backtracking and saying you don't like him, he pulled the wool over a lot of peoples eyes.

He's just a silly rich boy trying to rebel against his childhood. And you can see everything he does is for the cameras or in the hope of furthering his future political career - like when he encouraged the 'rebellion' or when he selflessly chose to take a token instead of a once in a lifetime gift I could just see him storing it up in his head to use in the future as an example of why he'd be a good politician. He's full of bullshit.

And his language is becoming more and more vulgar each day. He can be very aggressive and intimidating, more so than Lisa I think - like when he shouted in Sree's ear that night or when he shouted at Rodrigo because Rod was angry about them throwing the bathtub in the pool.

He goes on about standing up for what's right and his promiscuity and free love philosophy as though he's so superior because he's not a 'sheep' like the rest of us - he doesn't go along with society. But then juxtaposed with this is his desperate need to be accepted and loved, it's cringeworthy watching him trying to go along with Charlie and co. when they were making a joke out of him but he was so desperate to be accepted he just laughed and went along with it. He's worse than the lot of them. He is the biggest schemer and bitch in there, he has successfully manipulated the whole house against Lisa and co.

And to top it all off he's not even a big brother fan, he has hardly ever watched the series before; it's well know he was spotted by a producer. I'll wager he was just the type of person who would have looked down on the show and its fans.

I don't understand what people can like about him. He's not eccentric or different, go to any moderately well placed university and you will find hoardes of Freddies or variants of Freddies. Rich kids trying to disown their upbringing.
Amen
Vladimir is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009, 10:26 AM #53

haha.
respect your opinion buddy, but if your trying to provoke a reaction it aint working
Chels is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009, 10:37 AM #54
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):
UBB: Brian
BB11: Josie
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Laruz
Quote:
loomy
The guy's a total twit

We won't think any less of you for backtracking and saying you don't like him, he pulled the wool over a lot of peoples eyes.

He's just a silly rich boy trying to rebel against his childhood. And you can see everything he does is for the cameras or in the hope of furthering his future political career - like when he encouraged the 'rebellion' or when he selflessly chose to take a token instead of a once in a lifetime gift I could just see him storing it up in his head to use in the future as an example of why he'd be a good politician. He's full of bullshit.
None of these actions hurt anyone.

So I don't care about his motives.

The rest of what you have said is unevidenced rubbish.
Yes they do!! He represents everything that is wrong with politics!!! I do think he will have a future in it and he will be just the same as all the rest whilst at the same time claiming to be different which is worse.

And actually - the rest of my post was where I used evidence. You just prefer to pretend that saint Freddie's perfect and would rather be blind to his faults.
I agree with a lot of what your saying and what I find fascinating is for someone who quite clearly has a good understanding of social dynamics he seemed to be quite socially inept when he first came in to the house but is less so now....interesting! I think he may well have manipulated the whole situation from the beginning! All he needed was some aggresive numpties to get irritated by him. That said he makes good viewing as someone has mentioned. But I wont be voting for him to win because I think he has been somewhat duplicitous and I could never vote Tory in my life!
NettoSuperstar! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009, 10:45 AM #55

Quote:
The guy's a total twit

And his language is becoming more and more vulgar each day. He can be very aggressive and intimidating, more so than Lisa I think - like when he shouted in Sree's ear that night or when he shouted at Rodrigo because Rod was angry about them throwing the bathtub in the pool.

He goes on about standing up for what's right and his promiscuity and free love philosophy as though he's so superior because he's not a 'sheep' like the rest of us - he doesn't go along with society. But then juxtaposed with this is his desperate need to be accepted and loved, it's cringeworthy watching him trying to go along with Charlie and co. when they were making a joke out of him but he was so desperate to be accepted he just laughed and went along with it. He's worse than the lot of them. He is the biggest schemer and bitch in there, he has successfully manipulated the whole house against Lisa and co.

And to top it all off he's not even a big brother fan, he has hardly ever watched the series before; it's well know he was spotted by a producer. I'll wager he was just the type of person who would have looked down on the show and its fans.

I don't understand what people can like about him. He's not eccentric or different, go to any moderately well placed university and you will find hoardes of Freddies or variants of Freddies. Rich kids trying to disown their upbringing.

wow its like u read my mind
HayleyLeigh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009, 10:52 AM #56

Quote:
I liked him more when he was depressed

Another thing I don't like about him is the way his fans support him so blindly and refuse to accept any criticism about him

He is not an individual, and he does not want people to be individuals. That was one of my points.
I know Freddies not perfect, nobody is, including you. And as for you liking him when he was depressed says a lot about you, sad and depressed. Some people dislike happy go lucky people which Freddie is and also the fact that he has money.
Marzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009, 10:57 AM #57

First time poster on here, and why not jump in at the deep end.

I admit, I'm not a huge fan of Lisa. I find it hard to watch someone who does seem to spend an inordinate amount of time smoking and nothing else (and this is from someone who used to smoke, and also understands that boredom will often increase someone's smoking).
I also understand the way that she and Freddie have become anti each other, and yet I'm beginning to find his discussions about her more and more uncomfortable to listen to.

I've often seen him use the tactic of just talking about someone or a situation, and yet with a surprising amount of viciousness, which is not to be confused with animated or passionate. How can someone who uses finger pointing gestures with such vigour be just 'talking'? These aren't gestures just to make a point, but to be 'aggressive' towards another person.

If he was just relaying some information about a situation or conversation with someone, I'd have no problems with him - but all too often he does this with character assassination thrown in for good measure, but because he does it with a smile, or grin, or laugh - he isn't seen as being nasty, and yet it makes me cringe to watch it.

I was beginning to like Freddie, having taken some time to warm to him, but over the last week I'm enjoying his rhetoric less and less, and it is beginning to become vulgar and unnecessary. It doesn't suit or sit well with me listening to him. Yet I can listen to Siavash, who swears like a trooper, because it has always been him and he has never deviated from that. What you see is what you get with Siavash, but with Freddie, he seems more and more like a Chameleon. Just when you think you're seeing the 'real' Freddie, out pops another side of his personality to fit in with the theme for that week.

For someone who professes free love, it's even more shameful to see and totally against the principles he claims to follow.
borntorune is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009, 11:27 AM #58
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by borntorune
First time poster on here, and why not jump in at the deep end.

I admit, I'm not a huge fan of Lisa. I find it hard to watch someone who does seem to spend an inordinate amount of time smoking and nothing else (and this is from someone who used to smoke, and also understands that boredom will often increase someone's smoking).
I also understand the way that she and Freddie have become anti each other, and yet I'm beginning to find his discussions about her more and more uncomfortable to listen to.

I've often seen him use the tactic of just talking about someone or a situation, and yet with a surprising amount of viciousness, which is not to be confused with animated or passionate. How can someone who uses finger pointing gestures with such vigour be just 'talking'? These aren't gestures just to make a point, but to be 'aggressive' towards another person.

If he was just relaying some information about a situation or conversation with someone, I'd have no problems with him - but all too often he does this with character assassination thrown in for good measure, but because he does it with a smile, or grin, or laugh - he isn't seen as being nasty, and yet it makes me cringe to watch it.

I was beginning to like Freddie, having taken some time to warm to him, but over the last week I'm enjoying his rhetoric less and less, and it is beginning to become vulgar and unnecessary. It doesn't suit or sit well with me listening to him. Yet I can listen to Siavash, who swears like a trooper, because it has always been him and he has never deviated from that. What you see is what you get with Siavash, but with Freddie, he seems more and more like a Chameleon. Just when you think you're seeing the 'real' Freddie, out pops another side of his personality to fit in with the theme for that week.

For someone who professes free love, it's even more shameful to see and totally against the principles he claims to follow.
Welcome and great post. I agree with you, hes playing a great game, Im finding myself seeing what he does as all part of the game and hes becoming less and less genuine to me. I think he enjoys manipulating situations like when he had a go at Lisa yesterday I thought it was more about asserting the power he has gained than any genuine concern about winning the task. He didnt have the same reaction with Noirin.
Old 18-07-2009, 11:39 AM #59

Quote:
Originally posted by NettoSuperstar!

Welcome and great post. I agree with you, hes playing a great game, Im finding myself seeing what he does as all part of the game and hes becoming less and less genuine to me. I think he enjoys manipulating situations like when he had a go at Lisa yesterday I thought it was more about asserting the power he has gained than any genuine concern about winning the task. He didnt have the same reaction with Noirin.
Thanks for the welcome.
I admit, I'm normally a little more hesitant to jump in with what I know is a fairly controversial first post on a board, but I've been getting more and more frustrated with Freddie, and it was good to finally write something down.

I admit I hadn't thought about the comments he made, which weren't directed at Noirin, and your absolutely right about that, and for me is another example of how he appears to be manipulating the situations to suit himself and himself only, despite all the prostrations of being a team player.

Team players don't always have to just take the morale high ground, which he seems to want to do constantly.
One prime example is Siavash, who used his token to gain some snacks and drink for the group. That is as much as team player as Freddie implies he is, and yet because it isn't as obvious, people seem to miss it.
borntorune is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009, 11:48 AM #60
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by NettoSuperstar!

Thanks for the welcome.
I admit, I'm normally a little more hesitant to jump in with what I know is a fairly controversial first post on a board, but I've been getting more and more frustrated with Freddie, and it was good to finally write something down.

I admit I hadn't thought about the comments he made, which weren't directed at Noirin, and your absolutely right about that, and for me is another example of how he appears to be manipulating the situations to suit himself and himself only, despite all the prostrations of being a team player.

Team players don't always have to just take the morale high ground, which he seems to want to do constantly.
One prime example is Siavash, who used his token to gain some snacks and drink for the group. That is as much as team player as Freddie implies he is, and yet because it isn't as obvious, people seem to miss it.
yeh agreed Siavash is without doubt a genuine dude. His reactions to situations seem more natural and less contrived than Freddie. Freddie is constantly talking about group dynamics and seems to always have his mind on the "game"
Old 18-07-2009, 12:22 PM #61

Quote:

Welcome and indeed a good first post

But just to pick up on the above. I don't think it's fair to compare Freddie and Siavash, for the same reasons you wouldn't compare the personality of your children.

Also, Freddie's personality has been under attack from the word go, it would take a very well developed character to keep persisting and refusing to change/try to improve, your personality in those circumstances. Siavash is well liked in the house, and is socially successful, Freddie is not, it seems your saying Freddie deserves criticism for not sticking to his failing personality. He's only 22 i think and i firmly believe he is learning more about himself and other peole than any one else in the house, and i can't criticise him for that.

I do think he's swinging a little to the other extreme though, he stumbled upon a new attitude during the Bunnygate escapade, and after he met up with Craig, and now believes he should be more dismisive of criticism from people like Lisa, infact i'm not so sure he's swung to far in this regard, but it's the change that people are seeing which makes them think he's acting and i don't agree at all.
PaulyJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009, 01:00 PM #62

he is the only fcukin enteraining housmate in their
if it wasnt for him, i dont think i would watch this year
because
it is so bloody boring!

i bet you favorite is lisa
huh?
bigbrother10uk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009, 02:15 PM #63
Take me to the hole!

Favourites (more):
Apprentice 2019: Ryan-Mark
BB18: Raph
Take me to the hole!

Favourites (more):
Apprentice 2019: Ryan-Mark
BB18: Raph

Quote:
The guy's a total twit

Totally agree with everything you said there. I don't like Freddie either, he's a joke. He ponces about thinking he's higher up than everyone else when really he needs a major reality check

Oh and his accent really ticks me off
Maia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009, 07:53 PM #64

Quote:
The guy's a total twit

Your comment was so long and I could not finish reading all, but;

Are you saying that you do not like Freddie then?
geisha is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009, 07:58 PM #65

I agree, he makes good (ok, ALRIGHT) tele, but like Netto said, never vote Tory, ugh, I couldn't possibly
Narc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009, 08:03 PM #66
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Narc
I agree, he makes good (ok, ALRIGHT) tele, but like Netto said, never vote Tory, ugh, I couldn't possibly
Old 18-07-2009, 08:13 PM #67

Quote:
The guy's a total twit

The only change I can see in Halfwit is that his head has got bigger in terms of ego. None the less his still a million times better than Lisa and her dogs.
bbisfun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-07-2009, 08:42 PM #68

Edited, Don't post in capital, don't insult other members. - 30stone.
Whenyoutouchme is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
admit, fans, freddie