Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

TV Chat Chat about anything else on TV not covered by the other forums in this category.

Old 03-02-2002, 11:32 AM #1
Administrator

Administrator

Default POP IDOL SHOW - 2/2/02

Wow! What an absolutely fabulous show last night. Darius, Gareth and Will were all brilliant, and I have nothing but complete admiration for all three.

Darius looks sexier every week, and really got the crowd going to 'Dancing in the Moonlight'. His rendition of 'Make It Easy on Yourself' was beautiful and really suited his deep, velvety voice.

By comparison, Gareth's 'Yesterday' didn't have the same depth of feeling for me but was still very good. We all already knew he could sing 'Flying Without Wings' and last night he did it to perfection.

Will was a revelation - two perfectly chosen songs for him which revealed his love of soul and Motown music, and didn't it show!! He was completely at ease singing 'Beyond the Sea' and words fail me for his rendition of 'Sweetest Feeling' - it was absolutely brilliant. The performance of the whole series for me.

I was in floods when they announced Darius would be going. I was so impressed with the way he took the news - so gracious and mature for one still so young. I'll be first in the queue to buy any record he releases - he is definitely on his way to the big time. Good luck, Darius.

So to the final - and only 29,000 votes this week between Gareth and Will. So much for the stupid Sun poll. It'll be interesting to see who the 1.2 million people who voted for Darius vote for next week - I think the result will go right down to the wire.

But ...... I'm going with my gut feeling from when I picked him out in the final 50.

GO WILL!!!

Well, that's my views for what they're worth - what did you think?

P.S. Did anyone else see a very brief clip of Brian (I think it was on ITV2) saying that he wanted Will to win?
Kaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 05:56 PM #2

Well done to will and Gareth good luck and may the best man win
And well done darius you not only had 19 companies on the phone last night to sign you up but you have simon wanting to sign you as well go luck Big D xxxxx
Rocks Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 07:39 PM #3

Darius actually made me cry with his performance of "Make it easy on yourself", it was probably the most beautifully performed song I have heard in a very long time.

I will definitely buy his album when it comes out!

Janette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 09:08 PM #4

Gareth, Will and Darius all proved just what true stars they have become last night. I thought Darius sang well, and Will was wonderful as usual, but Gareth's versions of 'Yestyerday' and then'Flying Without Wings' were sensational and I had goose bumps throughout. He has everything going for him, and has been my favourite to win for quite a few weeks now. It's all down to individual taste, and not wishing to take anything away from the others, I really feel Gareth has what it takes to be a successful Pop Idol.
GASRETH TO WIN!
Honey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 08:26 PM #5

Did anyone see Will on TVAM this morning? He was so charming and the presenters obviously found it easy to talk to him.

Apparently he's going to be wearing his lucky undies all week! (he promised to wash them every night though!!!!!)

Gareth will be on tomorrow morning, it'll be interesting to see if he's as modest as Will!!!!!
Old 05-02-2002, 11:14 AM #6

I missed Will, but I saw Gareth this morning. He was lovely and smiley, but didn't really say much as he was stuggling a bit with his speech. He said he wasn't doing so well with that because he hadn't had time to practice. They also spoke a bit about how he didn't have any problems with singing. Nothing that new.

They also showed the 'Campaign Buses'. Have any of you seen them? I think it's really naff, but it seems they've given them one each, and they are to tour the country election style. They're even supposed to have a manifesto expalaining why people should vote for them. Actually, that was something Eamon asked Gareth about, but he was struggling so they moved on. Fortunately.

I just hope they are allowed a little time off to rehearse for Saturday.
Feefs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 03:03 PM #7
Administrator

Administrator

Some of Gareth and Will's 'manifesto pledges' were published on Ananova. It's obviously been done very much 'tongue in cheek' as some of them are really quite funny. My favourite is Will's pledge to wear his trousers at an acceptable height!!

Pop Idol pair issue pledges

Pop Idol finalists Will and Gareth have revealed the "manifestos" they hope will win the votes of the viewing public.

Will pledges to stay true to himself and his beliefs at all times, and not to become a music industry diva.

Gareth promises not to throw celebrity strops or become a high maintenance pop star.

The pair will board battle busses on a week long media blitz of London, meeting fans and giving interviews.

Will's list of promises also includes pledges to steer clear of celebrity hang outs, not to throw strops at paparazzi - although he reserves the right to break that one - and a promise to wear his trousers at an acceptable height.

Gareth says he won't give photoshoots in fabulous mansions pretending them to be his home, to keep his feet on the floor and not to accept lavish gifts from other celebs in publicity bids.

Both promise to work hard, entertain and respect their fans.
Kaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 05:48 PM #8

Hopefully this show and BB will encourage the powers that be to let us start voting by e-mail for political elections as well. Let's face it, Pop Idol is much more exciting than a general election

Vote for Will - the thinking woman's choice!
kaphc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 08:53 PM #9

Hmmmm, just thinking what the acceptable height for Will's trousers are

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
idol, pop, show