Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Music This forum is for discussing artists, singles, albums, the charts and anything music-related.

Closed Thread

Old 18-08-2009, 11:05 PM #2301
BURLESQUE

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Olly Murs

BURLESQUE

Favourites:

you think sales will shoot up after a what? 5 minute appearance on Letterman?
Old 18-08-2009, 11:05 PM #2302

HUGO MONTAG'S NEW SINGLE. 'REACH OUT' AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD MONDAY 24 AUGUST 0:00.
Old 18-08-2009, 11:07 PM #2303
more more more

Favourites (more):
BB16: Jade
BB15: Ashleigh

more more more

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by MrGaryy
you think sales will shoot up after a what? 5 minute appearance on Letterman?
yes
Old 18-08-2009, 11:08 PM #2304
more more more

Favourites (more):

more more more

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Hugo
HUGO MONTAG'S NEW SINGLE. 'REACH OUT' AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD MONDAY 24 AUGUST 0:00.
Old 18-08-2009, 11:09 PM #2305
can't nobody hold us down

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Joe McElderry

Favourites:

hugo...msn pls.
Old 18-08-2009, 11:11 PM #2306

HUGO>SHITNEY.
Old 19-08-2009, 12:02 AM #2307

Favourites (more):
CBB8: Tara
BB13 USA: Daniele

Favourites (more):
CBB8: Tara
BB13 USA: Daniele

Why post here Hugo then???

2nd legs don't really tend to sell out anyway especially in just a few months she was just there madonnas 2nd joint sold out 3 I think compared to the rest, plus tickets are expensive they need to be reduced especially in this economic climate
Old 19-08-2009, 12:13 AM #2308
BURLESQUE

Favourites:

BURLESQUE

Favourites:

The tickets SERIOUSLY need to be reduced [in price]. It simply isn't value for money, she's taking her fans for a ride when there are bigger artists putting on bigger shows for less. I don't know why anyone who isn't a serious hardcore fan would go again at that price.
Old 19-08-2009, 12:17 AM #2309
more more more

Favourites (more):

more more more

Favourites (more):

Quote:
The tickets SERIOUSLY need to be reduced [in price]. It simply isn't value for money, she's taking her fans for a ride when there are bigger artists putting on bigger shows for less. I don't know why anyone who isn't a serious hardcore fan would go again at that price.
to be fair, her true fans don't think there are any better artists with better shows. Yes, her tickets are very expensive but her tour has been the most successful. Like, Beyonce's tour flopped hard. She had to give away 1, 000 free tickets in Trident Gum Wrappers.

The 2nd US leg is not selling poorly, it's just not all sold out. Most of the dates will likely sell out and the one's that don't will be more than 95% sold out. But the San Diego show was just ridiculous. They gave it 18 days to sell out.
Old 19-08-2009, 12:20 AM #2310
BURLESQUE

Favourites:

BURLESQUE

Favourites:

its only done better because of her name. the actual show is extremely average and the pricey tickets are unpresidented because her budget is clearly not enormous. The Beyonce thing just proves my point, she was able to give away free tickets even tho her show is far more elaborate.
Old 19-08-2009, 12:34 AM #2311
more more more

Favourites (more):

more more more

Favourites (more):

Quote:
its only done better because of her name. the actual show is extremely average and the pricey tickets are unpresidented because her budget is clearly not enormous. The Beyonce thing just proves my point, she was able to give away free tickets even tho her show is far more elaborate.
Budget isn't big? Erm, I'm not being funny but they use fire amongst a list of about 1000 special effects, the tour costs millions. They employee a tavelling staff of 200, and over 50 dancers aswell as circus performers. Beyonce's budget isn't as big as Britney and obviously chose the Encore Theatre in Las Vegas (with a 1, 000 capacity) because she can't sell out the MGM Garden or the Manadalay Bay.
Old 19-08-2009, 12:40 AM #2312
Team Flack

Team Flack

Em hello Take That's tour cost 10 mil and they charged decent prices. How much are Britney's tickets anyways?
Old 19-08-2009, 12:40 AM #2313
BURLESQUE

Favourites:

BURLESQUE

Favourites:

Well I disagree profusely, I think Beyonce could easily sellout any venue because lets face it she;s more relevant these days then Britney will ever be again. Maybe she just chose a smaller venue to accommodate her fans so the prices would be smaller or because she wanted a more intimate setting.
Old 19-08-2009, 12:47 AM #2314
more more more

Favourites (more):

more more more

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Well I disagree profusely, I think Beyonce could easily sellout any venue because lets face it she;s more relevant these days then Britney will ever be again. Maybe she just chose a smaller venue to accommodate her fans so the prices would be smaller or because she wanted a more intimate setting.
LMFAO before you say it, find out the facts. Beyonce sold 57% of a 5, 000 seating arena in France, bringing it to just over 2, 500. And she didn't want to sell out? She chose that intimate venue but only wanted to sell half the tickets. She didn't chose to give away 1, 000 free tickets in gum wrappers, she needed to otherwise the arenas would be empty. She lowered her ticket prices in the States to $10 because they couldn't sell. Britney has never had to lower her ticket prices, and if her second US leg was selling poorly it would have either been canceled, or price lowered by now.

and LOL at the relevance comment, like i said earlier - when Britney shaved her head it sent the world into a frenzy, but if Beyonce did it it wouldn't the international news, people would be like 'meh'. Britney is still the most relevent female singer in the world.
Old 19-08-2009, 12:51 AM #2315
BURLESQUE

Favourites:

BURLESQUE

Favourites:

she isn't even close to being the most relevant female singer in the world the fact you used an example of her shaving her head proves that. She's easily the most relevant celebrity in the world but music she's lost it the non success of IUSA, Radar and Circus proves that really, while Beyonce is releasing her sixth single from her album and it makes Top 5.
Old 19-08-2009, 12:53 AM #2316

Favourites:

Favourites:

The ONLY reason I can think of as to wy Britney's tickets are expensive is because the company behind it know that a Britney Spears concert would rake in lots. There's the curiousity factor and people will turn up to see if she's still got it. It's just the way businesses work.

And I'm sure I read it cost up to $50 million to make.
Old 19-08-2009, 12:54 AM #2317
more more more

Favourites (more):

more more more

Favourites (more):

Quote:
she isn't even close to being the most relevant female singer in the world the fact you used an example of her shaving her head proves that. She's easily the most relevant celebrity in the world but music she's lost it the non success of IUSA, Radar and Circus proves that really, while Beyonce is releasing her sixth single from her album and it makes Top 5.
Beyonce promotes her ass of though. She even does those 4Music shows ''Beyonce's Favourite Summer Classics'' or whatever. Britney doesn't promote. At all. The physical release of Radar is canceled in the UK and that's why it hasn't done well.

And yes Britney is the most relevant celebrity, aswell as female singer. Remind me who had the better selling tour??
Old 19-08-2009, 12:55 AM #2318
more more more

Favourites (more):

more more more

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by MarkWaldorf
The ONLY reason I can think of as to wy Britney's tickets are expensive is because the company behind it know that a Britney Spears concert would rake in lots. There's the curiousity factor and people will turn up to see if she's still got it. It's just the way businesses work.

And I'm sure I read it cost up to $50 million to make.
Exactly. And her legions of fans turn up.

And yes it does cost that much, her official website wrote it. Infact, I'm sure it's a little bit more.
Old 19-08-2009, 12:58 AM #2319
BURLESQUE

Favourites:

BURLESQUE

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by MichaelSpears
Quote:
Beyonce promotes her ass of though. She even does those 4Music shows ''Beyonce's Favourite Summer Classics'' or whatever. Britney doesn't promote. At all. The physical release of Radar is canceled in the UK and that's why it hasn't done well.

And yes Britney is the most relevant celebrity, aswell as female singer. Remind me who had the better selling tour??
that would be britney. remind me who writes of all their own music, sings live and dances better than anyone else in the industry?

and are you actually saying that Beyonce working hard is a bad thing. Sweet Dreams has received **** all promo and still made top 5. even outside of the UK Radar was a complete and utter flop.
Old 19-08-2009, 01:00 AM #2320

Favourites:

Favourites:

To be fair, both albums have sold around the same amount worldwide. Britney has always been an album artist, just look at her billboard chartings and you'll see that. There's no denying Beyonce has an amazing chart record, but for what it's worth they've sold the same.
Old 19-08-2009, 01:04 AM #2321
more more more

Favourites (more):

more more more

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by MichaelSpears
Quote:

that would be britney. remind me who writes of all their own music, sings live and dances better than anyone else in the industry?

and are you actually saying that Beyonce working hard is a bad thing. Sweet Dreams has received **** all promo and still made top 5. even outside of the UK Radar was a complete and utter flop.
oh my god,we are talking about sales,why bring up lip-synching into the whole thing? I like Christina, but at least Britney didn't dress up like a cheap unconvincing drag queen to get attention and still fail.

Sweet Dreams has had TV commercials, because I've seen them. And yes, duuhh that's becaus everywhere else but the U.S there's no physical.
Old 19-08-2009, 01:05 AM #2322
more more more

Favourites (more):

more more more

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by MarkWaldorf
To be fair, both albums have sold around the same amount worldwide. Britney has always been an album artist, just look at her billboard chartings and you'll see that. There's no denying Beyonce has an amazing chart record, but for what it's worth they've sold the same.
huh?
britney has sold 160 million more records than Beyonce.
Old 19-08-2009, 01:09 AM #2323

Favourites:

Favourites:

No, I mean albums from this era! Sasha Fierce and Circus.
Old 19-08-2009, 01:10 AM #2324
BURLESQUE

Favourites:

BURLESQUE

Favourites:

I thought we were discussing Beyonce and Britney. Christina is hardly attention seeking seeing as she hasn't left her ****ing house in about 2 months. If you don't like her style fair enough but its got nothing to do with the discussion in hand, just a totally random jibe really.

Look disregarding all technicalities you can;t ignore Beyonce is doing a lot better than britney at the minute. If I Were A Boy, Single Ladies and Sweet Dreams were all huge hits and critically lauded. Britney has had one big bit from Circus which was Womanizer which was undeniably helped hugely by the whole comeback air surrounding it and receive very mixed reviews.
Old 19-08-2009, 01:15 AM #2325
more more more

Favourites (more):

more more more

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I thought we were discussing Beyonce and Britney. Christina is hardly attention seeking seeing as she hasn't left her ****ing house in about 2 months. If you don't like her style fair enough but its got nothing to do with the discussion in hand, just a totally random jibe really.

Look disregarding all technicalities you can;t ignore Beyonce is doing a lot better than britney at the minute. If I Were A Boy, Single Ladies and Sweet Dreams were all huge hits and critically lauded. Britney has had one big bit from Circus which was Womanizer which was undeniably helped hugely by the whole comeback air surrounding it and receive very mixed reviews.
yes okay it was a random jibe but idc.

and like i said, before sweet dreams beyonce promoted like crazy!..especially worlwide. britney has done none!!..at all. Like all the promotion is a music video and radio.. and a tour which hardly counts for promotion.

yes, beyonce's singles have done better than britney's but that in no way makes her a more relavent artist than Britney Spears. More people go to see Britney Spears live because more people like her.
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
1 2 3, amazing, appreciation, britney, britney bitch, britney spears, circus, collection, glee, godney, legend, official, sexy, singles, spears, thread, updates