Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 19-08-2009, 04:56 PM #1
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Default Jackson\'s killer doctor to be charged with Manslaughter

Michael Jackson's personal physician Dr Conrad Murray will be charged with manslaughter within the next two weeks, according to Fox News.

Sources have revealed that Jackson's doctor may be arrested as early as next Wednesday in relation to the singer's death, but investigators are currently holding back until they complete a search of a Los Angeles pharmacy.

The report further claims that the late star's dermatologist Dr Arnold Klein may also face charges of medical malpractice.

The LA District Attorney's office is reportedly negotiating with officials as to whether to arrest Murray in Houston, where he is currently residing, or to give him the option of surrendering in LA.

The medic posted a video on YouTube yesterday thanking his supporters for their messages of goodwill. "I will be fine. I have done all I could do. I told the truth and I have faith the truth will prevail. God bless you and thankyou," he explained on the tape, which was shot last Wednesday.

However, Broward County prosecutor Kenneth Padowitz dismissed Murray's video posting, describing it as a "total PR stunt".

"I think what they're trying to do is humanise him, trying to make him seem like this is somebody that maybe you could know and this is not a bad guy - that's what they're trying to do," he said.

"And for that limited purpose, it probably was effective... Is it a transparent attempt to get feelings in his favour? Yeah. It's a gimmick."

Murray's name has previously been raised in the official investigation into Jackson's death, as well as in a mooted civil action from the King Of Pop's mother Katherine.

Dig Spy
Scarlett. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
charged, doctor, jackson's, killer, manslaughter