Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB 1 - 5 Celebrity Big Brother series 1 to 5 from 2001-2008.

Old 30-01-2006, 02:32 PM #1

Default \'I Don\'t Blame Barrymore for Son\'s Death\'

The father of the man found dead in Michael Barrymore's swimming pool has reportedly told the entertainer he does not blame him for his son's death.

Barrymore moved to New Zealand with his life in tatters after the body of Stuart Lubbock, 31, was found at his home in Harlow, Essex, in 2001.

But the star has now moved several steps closer to resurrecting his show business career after coming runner-up on Celebrity Big Brother on Friday, and reconciling with the dead man's father.

Terry Lubbock, 61, from Harlow, met Barrymore in private in a London hotel for two hours over the weekend, The Sun reported.

The newspaper said Mr Lubbock told Barrymore: "I don't hold you responsible for Stuart's death, I never have. I don't believe you had anything to do with what happened to him."

Barrymore, 53, was said to have responded: "It haunts me every day. I feel so sorry for your loss. What I lost in comparison is nothing.

"What does a career and money mean in comparison to losing someone? I have wanted to meet you for a long time. I feel a huge weight has gone from me."

The paper reported that Barrymore and Mr Lubbock had now joined forces to demand that Stuart's death be reinvestigated in the light of new evidence.

The inquest into the death held in September 2002 heard that he had suffered severe internal injuries which could have been the result of a serious sexual assault. But they could have been caused by a temperature probe inserted into him at least 14 times by a nurse, The Sun reported.

http://channels.aolsvc.co.uk/news/ar...30051709990003
Nikkos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-01-2006, 09:03 PM #2

Favourites (more):
BB12: Louise
X Factor 2010: Belle Amie

Favourites (more):
BB12: Louise
X Factor 2010: Belle Amie

It's good that both Michael and the father of Stuart Lubbock are now on speaking terms, so hopefully the truth can be revealed about his murder
sol is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-01-2006, 09:11 PM #3
Gatorade me, Bitch!

Gatorade me, Bitch!

I think that Mr Lubbock was obviously going through a traumatic time after the death of his son, and unfortunately he was ill-advised by lawyers who were ultimately only interested in gaining fame and notoriety by going after a famous person.

At the end of the day, all Mr L wanted was answers to his questions, which he couldn't get because Mr Barrymore was also ill-advised at the time, and chose to leave the country rather than stay to face the music.

Michael was mentally ill at the time, in his defense, but I think he now regrets flee-ing in such a manner, as all it done at the time was fuel the rumour mill and sell more papers, whilst making him look very guilty indeed.
lily. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-01-2006, 10:37 AM #4

Its good to see that the family and Michael can get on and just shows that all the press stuff is utter rubish. Hopefully now Michael can get back on our screens and does what he does best and hopefully the investigation can find some new developements.
GlitterEyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
'i, barrymore, blame, death', don't, son's