Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB11 Channel 4's last Big Brother series started June 2010. Josie Gibson was the winner. All the gossip about the Big Brother 11 house, series and housemates here!

Old 23-06-2010, 01:16 AM #26
Senior Member I Told You

Senior Member I Told You

This thread is dumb, because males don't vote out good looking males. Females do vote out good looking females. If 11 seasons of this crap can teach us anything, it's that.

I like JJ because he's a hypocritical bitch, but I could understand how that might grate on people.

Last edited by stonedape; 23-06-2010 at 01:16 AM.
stonedape is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-06-2010, 09:03 AM #27

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: John & Edward

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: John & Edward

I don't know if I do like JJ, still haven't made my mind up on him. But whatever my opinion on him, his looks haven't effected it.
Spike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-06-2010, 12:52 PM #28
Nothing in excess

Nothing in excess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enid View Post
I hated JJ at first. Never liked "pretty boys" like him so I thought he was gonna be yet another arrogant tosspot with the sole intention of getting with the hottest piece of ass in there.

But I've had a change of heart now. He is still a pretty boy (a very pretty one!), but there is something about him that makes me want to look after him.
I'm still not keen on him as a person, but at least his angry young man character is multi-faceted so he's not all that bad as a housemate.
No matter that they act like senile 12-year-olds on the Today programme website - smoking illegal fags to look tough and cool. No matter that Amis coins truly abominable terms like 'the age of horrorism' and when criticised tells people to 'fuck off'. Surely we all chuckle at the strenuous ennui of his salon drawl. Didn't he once accidentally sneer his face off?
- Chris Morris - The Absurd World of Martin Amis

BB_Eye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-06-2010, 01:02 PM #29
lolwut.

lolwut.

I like JJ, but to say someone hates JJ because they're jealous, is stupid.
Old 23-06-2010, 04:42 PM #30

I dont like JJ because hes the biggest hypocrite on the show not because of jealousy. I also dont like the fact that he shys away from confrontation with other males in the house but has no problem getting in a woman's face and starting a fight. He wouldnt even start in on Govan the other night when he was with Josey in bed making fun of him. He went right after the female and when that didnt work he started crying. Whats there to be jealous of?
Chosu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-06-2010, 05:17 PM #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
All of the male JJ haters are jealous of his looks.....

This must be true because according to some people on this forum if a women dislikes a female housemate its because they are jealous of thier looks and if we like a male housemate its only because they are good looking/fit etc.

I am sick of hearing that JJ only has female fans because he is an ok looking guy, we are capable of seeing past someones looks you know.
I am jealous of john's looks, yes. But I -DESPISE- -DESPISE- -DESPISE- him for the way her treated Rachael. It's -NOT FOR HIM- to say what she wants out of life is wrong, and it's just plain bloody rude to butt into a -PRIVATE- conversation she was having because he didn't like what she was saying, and then when he was interupted by someone he said "this is nothing to do with you". HYPOCRITE.

He followed her around and kept going-just like he did with Josie. BULLY.

What galls Me is how forgiving the females are EVERY SINGLE YEAR of this kind of bad mannered, disrespectful behaviour from men, and when a woman has the nerve to express an oppion (like Shabby, Kitten, Angel, Nikki etc.) most women start having panic attacks and tearing them apart for it. One of the biggest travesties was last year when Noirin had the audacity to be attractive to a bunch of cry baby men who (and you can quote Me....COULDN'T BE BOTHERED TO TAKE -NO- FOR AN ANSWER.
Speedster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-06-2010, 05:34 PM #32
Viewer Emeritus

Viewer Emeritus

I dislike him because he's a hypocritical, backstabbing turncoat. Isn't that enough?
fingers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-06-2010, 07:34 PM #33
Queen Nikki ♥

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
I'maCeleb2014: Jake Quickenden
Queen Nikki ♥

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
I'maCeleb2014: Jake Quickenden

I'm pretty sure I dislike him because he's a petty aggressive wanker :S
Dislike -Calum, Kavana, Ken, Alexander
Loathe -Chloe, Cami, Katie H
BBfan46 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-06-2010, 07:39 PM #34

Im a male. Im straight and i like JJ

Hes a good housemate
BB2010 Avery is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-06-2010, 07:42 PM #35
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedape View Post
This is thread dumb, because males don't vote out good looking males. Females do vote out good looking females. If 11 seasons of this crap can teach us anything, it's that.

I like JJ because he's a hypocritical bitch, but I could understand how that might grate on people.
Males tend to be more jealous than women - and they do vote out good looking males - because of their looks! Good looking women usually get voted out by women for their vanity and shallowness/insincerity - not because they are good looking - that is just how you interpret it!
WOMBAI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-06-2010, 07:43 PM #36
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB15: Danielle
BBUSA16: Cody

User banned

Favourites (more):
BB15: Danielle
BBUSA16: Cody

i think this
MeMyselfAndI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2010, 07:22 AM #37

I knew this would come up. Any male who dislikes John James is "jealous". The lovers will scream "YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS" (or for the less intelligent, "YOUR JUST JEALOUS") - saying that I'm shallow and I only dislike him because of his looks, as a male myself when in reality, it's the ones who are accusing others of being "shallow" for hating someone based on their looks because they can't see past his exterior and understand that no, people don't dislike him because they're jealous, but he's actually an ugly person on the inside.

The insults he throws at Sunshine and the bunch are just nasty. All he's ever on screen for is to complain or to argue, and I honestly don't see how anyone can see him as a "fun housemate". Seems like a cranky bastard to me.

Don't use the looks card to reason why he has haters. Drop your shallow perceptions for a minute, look past that, and you'll see how ugly of a person on the inside he truly is.
Rory is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2010, 07:36 AM #38
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory View Post
I knew this would come up. Any male who dislikes John James is "jealous". The lovers will scream "YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS" (or for the less intelligent, "YOUR JUST JEALOUS") - saying that I'm shallow and I only dislike him because of his looks, as a male myself when in reality, it's the ones who are accusing others of being "shallow" for hating someone based on their looks because they can't see past his exterior and understand that no, people don't dislike him because they're jealous, but he's actually an ugly person on the inside.

The insults he throws at Sunshine and the bunch are just nasty. All he's ever on screen for is to complain or to argue, and I honestly don't see how anyone can see him as a "fun housemate". Seems like a cranky bastard to me.

Don't use the looks card to reason why he has haters. Drop your shallow perceptions for a minute, look past that, and you'll see how ugly of a person on the inside he truly is.
Oh come on- it's what the guys always say to the girls everytime they vote out one of the so-called good-looking girls! What, the guys can't handle a taste of their own medicine! Just as I thought - no surprises there!
Old 26-06-2010, 08:21 AM #39

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:

This must be true because according to some people on this forum if a women dislikes a female housemate its because they are jealous of thier looks and if we like a male housemate its only because they are good looking/fit etc.

I am sick of hearing that JJ only has female fans because he is an ok looking guy, we are capable of seeing past someones looks you know.
I'm a female and yes at first i though JJ fit but also nice,however that soon changed when i saw his actions with Ben,i thought he was over the top with Rachael but thought it was that he just genuinely didn't like her and it was refreshing a guy was lead by his head and not his tackle,anyway ,now I think he is sly and a turncoat,and beware all who threaten his status in the house,nice looking but not drop dead gorgeous,but ugly inside.Not a fan anymore

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2010, 08:35 AM #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory View Post

Umm i cant believe your a MOD but yet you clearly never read the first post properly before replying, the post was meant to show how ridiculous it sounds when people say you only hate/like house mates because of their looks......
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2010, 05:09 PM #41

Quote:
Umm i cant believe your a MOD but yet you clearly never read the first post properly before replying, the post was meant to show how ridiculous it sounds when people say you only hate/like house mates because of their looks......
I did read your post before I replied, but it obviously appeared that you were defending the claim that men are infact "jealous" of JJ. Maybe you were trying to convey the fact that it's ridiculous when people say you base your opinions because of their looks, but others in this thread have spun it a different way.
Rory is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2010, 05:13 PM #42
0_o

0_o

I made a thread exactly like this.

People missed the point then too. It happens.

But I love how guys say straight away, that is it only a female thing to be jealous...I may bump my other thread actually, to show the defensiveness of some people..

Its fine to say women vote out women on looks alone(without looking at the bigger picture...) but say it about blokes...and there is hell on
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2010, 05:17 PM #43
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
I made a thread exactly like this.

People missed the point then too. It happens.

But I love how guys say straight away, that is it only a female thing to be jealous...I may bump my other thread actually, to show the defensiveness of some people..

Its fine to say women vote out women on looks alone(without looking at the bigger picture...) but say it about blokes...and there is hell on
Quite! Sensitive bunch that blokes are! I think they conveniently forget that they accuse us of it all the time! Grrr!
Old 26-06-2010, 05:18 PM #44
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOMBAI View Post
Quite! Sensitive bunch that blokes are! I think they conveniently forget that they accuse us of it all the time! Grrr!
You must remember though, that others know exactly how we think...more than we actually know ourselves.

Never forget that fundamental rule.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2010, 05:32 PM #45
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
You must remember though, that others know exactly how we think...more than we actually know ourselves.

Never forget that fundamental rule.
In their dreams!
Old 26-06-2010, 06:01 PM #46
Banned

Favourites (more):
UBB: Nikki
BB11: Mario

Banned

Favourites (more):
UBB: Nikki
BB11: Mario

I can see that some men might be jealous of his looks, but definitely not of his personality.
Stacey. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2010, 06:20 PM #47

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Adam

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Adam

Quote:

If anything females tend to go more for personality and character than looks, you will often see beautiful women with ugly, bald, fat, short, old or whatever guys and NO, they're not all rich and successful. But how often do you see a gorgeous guy or even a bog standard average guy with an ugly woman? In my experience, virtually never.

5 Kings: 1 throne
Angus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2010, 06:27 PM #48
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by angus58 View Post
If anything females tend to go more for personality and character than looks, you will often see beautiful women with ugly, bald, fat, short, old or whatever guys and NO, they're not all rich and successful. But how often do you see a gorgeous guy or even a bog standard average guy with an ugly woman? In my experience, virtually never.
True - and most blokes (even the ugly ones) punch well above their weight when looking for a girfriend! Blokes are the superficial sex - old news!

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
haters, jealous, jj, john james, male