Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB11 Channel 4's last Big Brother series started June 2010. Josie Gibson was the winner. All the gossip about the Big Brother 11 house, series and housemates here!

Old 25-07-2010, 07:16 PM #1

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Adam

Favourites (more):
Default Compare BB Africa to the sh*te we're watching..

http://www.newstime.co.za/Lifestyle/..._rampage/8209/

"There is major breaking news in the Big Brother Africa All Stars House Saturday after housemates went on the rampage taking security guards hostage and holing up in the diary room.

It all started two days ago when housemates expressed concern to BB about the shortage of food in the house. BB countered that he had provided adequate food to last a week and that the housemates had not economized correctly. By this morning all that was left was tea, powdered milk, leftover cabbage and pumpkin and scraps of pasta and rice.

By Saturday afternoon the housemates had reached breaking point and went on strike. Not imitation or put on strike but the real deal with tension growing by the minute. They went into the diary room and covered the cameras with sheets and began a standoff with BB.

BB eventually sent in 3 security guards to maintain order in the house. After not receiving a satisfactory response from BB they took the guards hostage and refused to release them when requested to do so.

More alarming for BB was that they tried to break down the doors in order to leave the house completely.

After a 5 hour standoff BB called the Head of House, Tatiana to the Diary room to discuss their grievances. The housemates refused and insisted that BB speak to them as a collective group. BB insisted that they release the hostages which they then did.

When BB asked them to produce what food was left and then read out a list of what had been provided initially they stripped.

Infuriated they demanded to leave the house with consent or they would use force to get out. Some of them armed with sticks even went into the garden to try break open the doors. There followed a long period in which viewers were treated to an empty house while negotiation/threats(?) were exchanged outside.

A sullen group then returned to the house.

Housemates expressed concerns that BB had run out of money and that could not afford to continue with the show.

BB then announced that they would not go hungry tonight and that he would provide food for tonight but they must make it last until Monday when they receive their weekly supplies. They were outraged and began moving towards the doors again. BB asked them to return to the lounge and would sort the problem out.

After much anticipation BB called them to the Store Room to reveal a veritable treasure trove of fresh food including meat, fish, vegetables and basic food stuffs and also provided copious amounts of alcohol.

In the end , the housemates stood their ground with strength and determination and BB had to concede.

What was told to them off camera in order to ensure their return to the house is the million dollar question.

Whatever it was it stopped an early return home to inter alia Nigeria, Tanzania and Ghana for this years contestants."

Anyone else feel jealous? It makes "fight night" look pretty tame - Lol.

5 Kings: 1 throne
Angus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2010, 07:22 PM #2
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by angus58 View Post
and also provided copious amounts of alcohol
It's exactly what the UK will never have and pretty much what the series needed to make it entertaining.

UK BB parties ? Once every 2 weeks, earned by a task, old music, 1 can per person. start: 6pm. end: 8pm. bed: 11pm or midnight (if they're really crazy)

German, Brazilian, French, Italian etc BB parties ? Every night/two days, loads of alcohol, modern music (house, techno, electro, big hits ...), themed parties, loads of drama/fights, nakedness, pool parties. start: 8pm. end 3am. bed: whenever Big Brother tells them, probably around 5am.

Coming from a guy who has watched more than 50 series around the globe.

Last edited by Captain.Remy; 25-07-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2010, 07:24 PM #3
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

Wonder if they play a wood pigeon on live feed when it kicks off over there ?
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2010, 07:24 PM #4

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Favourites (more):

But if that happns here, it will be axed right there and then, eg. If BB5 Fight Night was to happen now, it would be axed mid series...

I dont blame producers now, they got so much stick, and now have been told to tip toe around everyone since the race row and fight night.... not their fault, its the fault of the viewers who complain.
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2010, 07:30 PM #5

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Look at the outrage that Ben refusing to do the tasks has done!!!
So its a bit hyprocritcal that people would love to see that here, if this happened, thats the end, would be axed right at taht moment as BB will recieve a million OFCOM complaints.

So just think about it....

If the british public is offended and annoyed at Ben refusing to do a task, how would they feel if what happened in Africa happened here? The British public NOR BB will allow it, they will get sued if anyone gets hurt.... and sacked etc...
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2010, 07:30 PM #6
Queen Nikki ♥

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
I'maCeleb2014: Jake Quickenden
Queen Nikki ♥

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
I'maCeleb2014: Jake Quickenden

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
No, just vuvuzelas.
Dislike -Calum, Kavana, Ken, Alexander
Loathe -Chloe, Cami, Katie H
BBfan46 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2010, 07:41 PM #7
Banned

Favourites (more):
BB13 USA: Rachel
UBB: Brian

Banned

Favourites (more):
BB13 USA: Rachel
UBB: Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by *mazedsalv** View Post
But if that happns here, it will be axed right there and then, eg. If BB5 Fight Night was to happen now, it would be axed mid series...

I dont blame producers now, they got so much stick, and now have been told to tip toe around everyone since the race row and fight night.... not their fault, its the fault of the viewers who complain.
TBH I would rather BB was axed tomorrow and left in style.
I want to remember BB for being great not lame.
ILoveTRW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2010, 07:45 PM #8

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by *mazedsalv** View Post
Look at the outrage that Ben refusing to do the tasks has done!!!
So its a bit hyprocritcal that people would love to see that here, if this happened, thats the end, would be axed right at taht moment as BB will recieve a million OFCOM complaints.

So just think about it....

If the british public is offended and annoyed at Ben refusing to do a task, how would they feel if what happened in Africa happened here? The British public NOR BB will allow it, they will get sued if anyone gets hurt.... and sacked etc...

Obviously we live in a pathetically constrained PC society now where individualism and eccentricity is seen as criminal, and mediocrity is celebrated.
My point is that the whole ethos of the show has been lost because of the fear of controversy to the point that there is now virtually nothing to watch at all. Thank goodness for characters like Ben who are not afraid to be themselves, even if it gets on everyone else's nerves. I'm no hypocrite - I love Ben for refusing to do the tasks, and refusing to be bullied into conforming to what the other HMs want him to be. His quiet rebellions have made BB watchable this year for me.

Strange how HMs like Shabby and Lady Sov were worshipped because they were perceived as streetwise,young and rebellious, but Ben who also has a uniquely individualistic character is reviled because he is "upper class" and has a posh accent (exactly the same as Freddie last year).

Old 25-07-2010, 08:00 PM #9

Africa is a disgusting, underdevloped country. BB would be an idiot to literally ****ing starve the house. tbh, I'm not surprised the HMs did that.

I wanna see a video.

Last edited by _Seth; 25-07-2010 at 08:01 PM.
_Seth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2010, 08:02 PM #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Remy View Post
It's exactly what the UK will never have and pretty much what the series needed to make it entertaining.

UK BB parties ? Once every 2 weeks, earned by a task, old music, 1 can per person. start: 6pm. end: 8pm. bed: 11pm or midnight (if they're really crazy)

German, Brazilian, French, Italian etc BB parties ? Every night/two days, loads of alcohol, modern music (house, techno, electro, big hits ...), themed parties, loads of drama/fights, nakedness, pool parties. start: 8pm. end 3am. bed: whenever Big Brother tells them, probably around 5am.

Coming from a guy who has watched more than 50 series around the globe.
Please help me watch BB Germany and USA, IP Proxies and all
phil2004uk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2010, 08:05 PM #11

Quote:
Obviously we live in a pathetically constrained PC society now where individualism and eccentricity is seen as criminal, and mediocrity is celebrated.
My point is that the whole ethos of the show has been lost because of the fear of controversy to the point that there is now virtually nothing to watch at all. Thank goodness for characters like Ben who are not afraid to be themselves, even if it gets on everyone else's nerves. I'm no hypocrite - I love Ben for refusing to do the tasks, and refusing to be bullied into conforming to what the other HMs want him to be. His quiet rebellions have made BB watchable this year for me.

Strange how HMs like Shabby and Lady Sov were worshipped because they were perceived as streetwise,young and rebellious, but Ben who also has a uniquely individualistic character is reviled because he is "upper class" and has a posh accent (exactly the same as Freddie last year).
You are right angus...
I need someone to hear my annoying problem, where I even question what's right...
I worked on an office park, I got sacked for 3 seperate incidents that get reported by idiots...I walked on the Grass...I Took my ID off my neck when exiting...I moved desks because someone was hitting my arm (YES! they think that is the wrong thing to do) STUPID and horrible PC world
Old 25-07-2010, 08:28 PM #12

Favourites (more):
BBUSA17: John
CBB14: Gary

Favourites (more):
BBUSA17: John
CBB14: Gary

We haven't got a Big Brother here in Britain. We have people existing in a house doing mundane things and having mundane conversations. We have no show anymore, we have a show where everyone is waiting for All-stars.

Who wins? Who cares.
SocietyIsRuined is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-07-2010, 08:31 PM #13

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil2004uk View Post
You are right angus...
I need someone to hear my annoying problem, where I even question what's right...
I worked on an office park, I got sacked for 3 seperate incidents that get reported by idiots...I walked on the Grass...I Took my ID off my neck when exiting...I moved desks because someone was hitting my arm (YES! they think that is the wrong thing to do) STUPID and horrible PC world
If you've been employed for a year or more take them to tribunal for unfair dismissal - even if you lose you will have put them through a lot of inconvenience and expense which will serve them right for being PC a*seholes.

Old 26-07-2010, 11:22 AM #14

Quote:
If you've been employed for a year or more take them to tribunal for unfair dismissal - even if you lose you will have put them through a lot of inconvenience and expense which will serve them right for being PC a*seholes.
Unfortunatly, with marks and spencer who's call centre is operated by vertex who hires kelly's agency, it's a temp job, and they've had bad reviews before on googling those names They fire you for any reason whatsoever...but glad you agree

Temping is just their easy way of firing people...we shouldn't stand for temping lol
Old 26-07-2010, 11:47 AM #15

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil2004uk View Post
Unfortunatly, with marks and spencer who's call centre is operated by vertex who hires kelly's agency, it's a temp job, and they've had bad reviews before on googling those names They fire you for any reason whatsoever...but glad you agree

Temping is just their easy way of firing people...we shouldn't stand for temping lol
No, you don't really have any legal protection when you're a temp. I used to temp for Kellys years ago in London, never got sick pay or holidays but don't know if it's the same these days. Good luck finding a new job.

Old 26-07-2010, 11:49 AM #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post

Last edited by RosieRed xxx; 26-07-2010 at 11:50 AM.
RosieRed xxx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
africa, bb, compare, shte, watching