Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Soaps Discuss Eastenders, Coronation Street and the rest of the soaps in this sub-forum.

Old 03-08-2010, 05:23 PM #1
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Thumbs up Tatlock Towers

n the one-off show, the tables are turned as Curly - who now has several hotels under his belt - will give his old Bettabuys boss Reg Holdsworth a chance to prove himself by hosting a medieval weekend at a stately home called Tatlock Towers.

Things begin to go wrong as Reg hires Rosie Webster as a serving wench under false pretences. Rosie believes she could be the face of Strumpet Ale, and drags Jason Grimshaw along for the weekend to watch her star turn.

And things go from bad to worse for Rosie, who meets a plastic surgeon who thinks a little work - with or without her consent - could be perfect for her goals.

Meanwhile Reg sets his sights on Mary Taylor despite her attachment to poor Norris Cole.

Kevin Kennedy, who plays Curly, said: "I'm absolutely delighted to be back in the fold of Coronation Street, working with a tremendous cast and the best crew in the business, if only for a short while. To be back with Ken Morley is something I think a lot of fans have been waiting for - as a double act, Curly and Reg were very, very funny."

Ken Morley, who plays Reg, added: "I can only echo everything Kevin has said except add that both Kevin and I are fatter, older and not necessarily wiser! We look forward to continuing with the mayhem we first dropped on the nation all those years ago."

And Helen Flanagan, who plays Rosie, teased: "The script looks like loads of fun - you'll be seeing Rosie at her most outrageous best!"

The DVD special, which will also be available to download, will be available from November 1.

Yahoo

Sounds pretty funny

Last edited by Scarlett.; 05-08-2010 at 03:46 PM.
Scarlett. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 03:46 PM #2
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Official ITV announcment

Old favourites Curly Watts and Reg Holdsworth are reuniting for a new dvd, as part of Corrie's upcoming 50th anniversary celebrations.

They'll be joined by current characters Norris, Mary, Rosie and Jason, in a hilarious comedy of errors.

Curly - now a high flying businessman with a chain of hotels under his belt – gives Reg a chance to prove himself by hosting a medieval banquet weekend. But things get off to a bumpy start when Reg hires Rosie as a serving wench and sets his sights on Mary.

Fooling Norris into thinking the weekend is a competition prize, Mary is also hoping to woo the reluctant object of her affections.

Meanwhile, believing she is set for stardom as ‘the face of Strumpet Ale’, Rosie drags Jason along to watch her star turn.

Kevin Kennedy, who plays Curly, said: “I’m absolutely delighted to be back and working with Ken is something I think a lot of fans have been waiting for.”

Ken Morley, who plays Reg, added: “Both Kevin and I are fatter, older and not necessarily wiser!”

Helen Flanagan, who plays Rosie, said: “The script looks like loads of fun - you’ll be seeing Rosie at her most outrageous best!”

The film will be available on DVD and to download in November. We'll bring you more news as we hear it.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
tatlock, towers