Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB11 Channel 4's last Big Brother series started June 2010. Josie Gibson was the winner. All the gossip about the Big Brother 11 house, series and housemates here!

Old 20-08-2010, 03:11 AM #1

Default my idea for a new version of BB

this new Big Brother would be a hybrid of old school BB, The Crystal Maze and the film "CUBE"

each series would last for 15 weeks with 2 HMs being evicted each week

30 HMs would enter at the start, they would be chosen purely by random after auditions and psych tests

after week 1 the phonelines would open for viewers to vote for their favourite HM and this would continue until the final week

each week the HM with least number of votes would be evicted

the second evictee of each week would be the loser of the weekly tasks

these tasks would be based on physical and mental challenges, they will be TOUGH

evicted HMs would leave the house in a way that relates to the theme of that series

so for the first series the theme might be space/sci-fi and the house design a spaceship

the HMs would line up in the eviction room which is a circular room with airlocks, after a few moments the airlock would open and evicted HMs will be removed

no fake goodbyes, no eviction crowds, no Davina interviews

they will make there way to a small room where they would sit and answer emails and calls from viewers, relayed by BB

once we get to the final week there will be 2 HMs left and they will take part in the final challenge to become champion

so in summary we watch the HMs and how they interact with each other with ZERO outside influence, each week they face a task/challenge, 2 HMs get evicted each week via the "airlock"

no sister shows, no diary room, no eviction rent-a-mobs, no davina type presenter

just pure isolated environment with ZERO outside stimulus and 15 weeks of hell with the winner receiving the £100,000 prize fund

also the HLs show each night will be at least 2-3 hours long instead of having BBLB and BBBM

Last edited by oddballmisfitsFTW; 20-08-2010 at 03:16 AM.
oddballmisfitsFTW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2010, 03:20 AM #2
IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

I like this, well thought out!

Kate! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2010, 03:26 AM #3

once the phonelines open they STAY OPEN from start of week 2 until the end final week, its a continuous vote without interruption

this way the 2 HMs who have been liked throughout the entire series AND the 2 HMs best at the tasks/challenges make it to the final

so we end up with unquestionably the BEST 2 HMs battling for the win in the final week

the bedroom would have space-style bunkbeds think red dwarf series 1
Old 20-08-2010, 04:48 AM #4

Favourites (more):
BB11: Sam
CBB7: Stephen

Favourites (more):
BB11: Sam
CBB7: Stephen

Firstly I really don't agree with people being evicted after a week. When edited down each person doesn't even have 30 mins in which to make an impression. If it's a public controlled vote I think people need more time to make a decision.

Task controlled evictions always favor different people and I wouldn't want to see someone evicted over it. It wouldn't represent the people and would make evictions too chaotic.

Emails and calls over a proper interview is boring. Good TV personalities ask good questions, not voice their opinion the form of a question which callers are prone to on the eviction shows.

I'm a fan of putting people in a house and seeing what they do. Give them alcohol, and real parties and let them make bad decisions. BBUK is watered down when it comes to that. They don't want people getting too angry or too sad, too drunk or even sleep in. Hell, they give them a "shopping budget" on a TV show with a chalkboard and no calculator. Televising the mundane is Andrew personified. Lame. BBUK needs to loosen it's grip on the house guests because 15ish people in an enclosed environment with a prize at the end makes for entertainment by itself.

I like the idea of voting for the winner from day one though. Keeps people from trying to coast their way to the finale. The Corins, Andrews, Ifes, Nathans, Rachels and Steves would never stand a chance.

Just my 2c.
fallenkal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2010, 04:55 AM #5

The whole point of Big Brother is that is on a 'Vote to Evict' basis and although there is an argument for 'Vote to Save' everyweek then it would make it far more predictable and far less controversial. IF it returns DON'T CHANGE A WINNING FORMULA!
mike888 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2010, 05:54 PM #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike888 View Post
The whole point of Big Brother is that is on a 'Vote to Evict' basis and although there is an argument for 'Vote to Save' everyweek then it would make it far more predictable and far less controversial. IF it returns DON'T CHANGE A WINNING FORMULA!
NO the point of Big Brother is to watch people in a house isolated from outside world and how they interact not vote to evict

and also its obviously not a winning formula as its being axed

Old 20-08-2010, 06:17 PM #7
The flying tailor

The flying tailor

I would go extreme with it. No nominations, vote to evict every week, total isolation, no contact with anyone, no diary room, no garden, no windows, no clocks. I would allow them access to a games console and a dvd collection to alleviate boredom, the people in the house would be completely different from each other a mix of intellectuals, academics, religious, chavs, as much alcohol as they needed, no tasks, food will be replenished as and when needed.
Old 20-08-2010, 06:20 PM #8
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

your concept is to tough.

my concept would be the housemates do nominations but have to pick two housemates they want to save and i think you will see bores go up against each other.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bb, idea, version