Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Ultimate BB Ultimate Big Brother started 24th August 2010 after the BB11 final and ran for 18 days. It was won by Brian Dowling. All the gossip about the UBB series and housemates here!

Old 13-09-2010, 04:51 PM #51
Blue Waffle ¬_¬

Blue Waffle ¬_¬

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix View Post
Damn, I hope there's not another BB soon. I'm american, and I've loved BB10 (my first experience with BBUK), BB11, and UBB, but damn do you guys run BB into the ground. No wonder it's gone off the air lol. It's so overexposed, it is ridiculous. Not only is there a show daily but all these spinoff shows like BBLB and BBBM just serve to water down the show. It'd be a nice change of pace (if it did come back) if it was somewhat americanized for a season where it aired maybe every other day and had more of a gameplay aspect to it. To me it'd be pretty cool to see how the housemates would adjust to that type of series, at least just for one season.
I agree with this to some extent - that BB UK is overexposed. The majority of HMs are either stereotypes or 1 dimensional 'freaks' that have no depth because of what Ch4 allowed to be broadcast. And the spin-off shows are just as gimmicky and overexposed. If BB became more adult oriented again and had the balls to allow arguments to escalate just a bit more and portray a bit mroe nudity and not overdo the spin-offs with 'whacky' features, maybe that would work. Even when Russell did Big Mouth 3/5 (however many) nights a week it was whacky but more adult.

I quite liked the montages used for CBB7, BB11 and UBB because it freshenned it up a bit and wasn't so 'Americanised'. It was plain and simple music during tasks that gave it a bit more pace.

I'm a bit cautious about the idea of airing eps every other day. In BB3 and 4 it was still on 7 nights a week with Saturday being a live task rather than a highlights show and Sunday's hour long ep covering the highlights from Friday and Saturday - which worked. It wasn't so gimmicky, it was more factual and adult. However, BB8 had NO Saturday shows and also tried to fit the highlights from Friday and Saturday in to an hour long Sunday show which failed miserably because everything was so overexposed. I remember one Sunday show started moments before a HM's eviction (think it was BB8's Nicky) so just think how much footage happened that day that was never broadcast.
Old 13-09-2010, 06:48 PM #52
Lesbian Assassin

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
BBCanada 4: Nikki
Lesbian Assassin

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
BBCanada 4: Nikki

Quote:
Damn, I hope there's not another BB soon. I'm american, and I've loved BB10 (my first experience with BBUK), BB11, and UBB, but damn do you guys run BB into the ground. No wonder it's gone off the air lol. It's so overexposed, it is ridiculous. Not only is there a show daily but all these spinoff shows like BBLB and BBBM just serve to water down the show. It'd be a nice change of pace (if it did come back) if it was somewhat americanized for a season where it aired maybe every other day and had more of a gameplay aspect to it. To me it'd be pretty cool to see how the housemates would adjust to that type of series, at least just for one season.
As you said, you are American. I dont think you understand the British Demographic as well as you think.
What the British public wants and what the US public wants are 2 completely different things.

/unbiased Canadian.
DigitalMethod is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2010, 07:27 PM #53
Queen Nikki ♥

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
I'maCeleb2014: Jake Quickenden
Queen Nikki ♥

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
I'maCeleb2014: Jake Quickenden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
Yes...but the voters are never going to change. Do you really expect heaps and heaps of totally clueless and deluded people to suddenly muster up an inch of intelligence? There's not a hope in hell of that happening. So either the voting system changes, or the show continues to be ruined and then axed again.

The voting system must be changed - or else there is no point in bringing the show back.

We've had ten years of clueless fools ruining the show, we don't want it happening again.
Then you don't want Big Brother, vote to save, isn't Big Brother.
Dislike -Calum, Kavana, Ken, Alexander
Loathe -Chloe, Cami, Katie H
BBfan46 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2010, 07:58 PM #54
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBfan46 View Post
Then you don't want Big Brother, vote to save, isn't Big Brother.
No, Davina and Marcus Bentley are more important to BB than 'Vote to Evict'. Vote to Save has been used on occasions before, Davina [except for Hijack] and Marcus not being present hasn't.

I would agree with you if there were any changes to be made to the nomination process, but no, Vote to Evict is not a core element of Big Brother, as it has been changed before on occasion. It really doesn't make the slightest bit of difference, except for the fact we get a better show. Unless of course you would like it to carry on the way it is, the clueless voters will continue to vote out the entertaining housemates, and then the show will be axed for a second time, rendering any possible future for the show completely out of the question? Because no one will commission a show that has been axed twice.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2010, 08:13 PM #55

I don't like the vote to save or the vote to evict by the public, because as I said before people tend to vote out who they "don't like" at the expense of the entertainment of the show. I'd argue for not letting the public vote for anything regarding evictions. The whole premise of the show revolves around a number of housemates being isolated from everything but each other. To me, letting the public decide who stays or who goes betrays that premise by having an outside influence on the house.

You also tend to see people in there being fake and pandering to the public or acting like they don't care about winning in order to endear themselves to the public. If you take out the fear of the public from the game, you'll probably see more people acting truer to who they really are.

Quote:
Need I point out that the most popular housemate of the current US Season (which I do not watch) was Britney and she didn't make the final either.
I don't see what that has to do with anything. She was my favorite as well, but she also had her chance to stay in the house and was beaten in competition. That and she was at fault for not recognizing an obvious alliance in the house that she could have worked on earlier in the game with others to take out. A lot of bonehead moves were made this season. To me, I don't honestly care who wins BBUS. For me, entertainment is my primary motivator for watching and doesn't hinge on seeing my favorite win. And even with Britney gone, Enzo is still a funny guy to watch as well as Lane. As entertaining as only 3 left in the house can realistically be.

Quote:
As you said, you are American. I dont think you understand the British Demographic as well as you think.
What the British public wants and what the US public wants are 2 completely different things.

/unbiased Canadian.
I never claimed I completely understood the British demographic. I did live there for a few years though so I'm not completely ignorant lol.
NeoPhoenix is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2010, 08:15 PM #56
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I don't like the vote to save or the vote to evict by the public, because as I said before people tend to vote out who they "don't like" at the expense of the entertainment of the show.
That doesn't happen with Vote to Save though, because we get to vote to keep the entertaining housemates in, and we can outvote the clueless fools who want the entertaining housemates out. Everyone votes for their favourites, and the bores who have no favourites leave. It's perfect.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-09-2010, 08:21 PM #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
That doesn't happen with Vote to Save though, because we get to vote to keep the entertaining housemates in, and we can outvote the clueless fools who want the entertaining housemates out. Everyone votes for their favourites, and the bores who have no favourites leave. It's perfect.
Yeah, I'd have to agree with you on that one. If I had to choose between the options of a vote to evict or a vote to save, I'll take the vote to save every time. I just don't like when they switch it up during the season. It feels like they're engineering the show to who they want in there and who they want out when they do that instead of letting it play out naturally.
NeoPhoenix is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
big brother, c4, celebrity, return, time